Who was the best president in the past 20 years?

Anyone that believes Iraq is a stable government now is bat shit crazy.
Anyone who believes that Iraq is less stable or not less of a threat to its neighbors today is an ignoramus, in addition to being bat-shit crazy.

Many of the same people who espouse human rights are upset that Saddam was toppled. Go figure.:confused:

And all of their neighbors would be our friends?
LOL, sure, right.
How many of the Iraqi troops and police have we trained in Iraq over the last 10 years have turned their guns on American troops and killed them?
Some stability there Moe. Nice try.
As soon as we leave the mullahs will take over there as they are stooges of the Iranians and how will that work for you?
You are indeed ignorant. We have left, and except for a few Shia mullahs who have little popular support despite the large Shia population, Iraq has not aligned itself with Iran. They're no that stupid, or they would have already done so.

Anyone who believes that Iraq is less stable or not less of a threat to its neighbors today is an ignoramus, in addition to being bat-shit crazy.

Many of the same people who espouse human rights are upset that Saddam was toppled. Go figure.:confused:

LOL, sure, right.
How many of the Iraqi troops and police have we trained in Iraq over the last 10 years have turned their guns on American troops and killed them?
As soon as we leave the mullahs will take over there as they are stooges of the Iranians and how will that work for you?
You are indeed ignorant. We have left, and except for a few Shia mullahs who have little popular support despite the large Shia population, Iraq has not aligned itself with Iran. They're no that stupid, or they would have already done so.

I am ignorant???
The Shia government in Iraq now is aligned with Iran.
Do you know anything about the religious differences in Iraq and the entire region?
We have not left as we still have troops IN IRAQ.
3000 more combat troops arrived on December 9, 2012 because of the increasing problems.
Add in special ops there that are still training Iraqi soldiers and conducting their own intelligence operations daily.
Total presence in Iraq TODAY is over 10,000 troops.
I do not believe anything the Obama administration says about the military presence in Iraq.

Christian churches were in Iraq and were not harmed under Hussein. Hussein was a terrible and brutal dictator among the worst in the world. We propped him up and supported him with intelligence and strategy in the Iran war.
After our invasion of Iraq and the support of the Shia government sectarian violence is everywhere.
All Christians have been run out of Iraq by the Shia.
As a result of toppling Hussein this has spread THROUGHOUT THE REGION.

just sayin..

------------------------------------:eek:

Over 3,000 US troops have secretly returned to Iraq via Kuwait for missions pertaining to the recent developments in Syria and northern Iraq, Press TV reports.

According to our correspondent, the US troops have secretly entered Iraq in multiple stages and are mostly stationed at Balad military garrison in Salahuddin province and al-Asad air base in al-Anbar province.

Reports say the troops include US Army officers and almost 17,000 more are set to secretly return to Iraq via the same route.

All US troops left Iraq by the end of 2011, after nine years of occupation, as required by a 2008 bilateral security agreement between the two countries. The troops left Iraq for the neighboring Kuwait.

Washington decided to pull out all its troops from Iraq after Baghdad refused to grant legal immunity to the remaining US soldiers.

Washington claims that the only US military presence left in Iraq now is 157 soldiers responsible for training at the US Embassy, as well as a small contingent of marines protecting the diplomatic mission.

PressTV - 3,000 US troops secretly return to Iraq via Kuwait

LOL, sure, right.

I am ignorant???
Do you know anything about the religious differences in Iraq and the entire region?
3000 more combat troops arrived on December 9, 2012 because of the increasing problems.
Add in special ops there that are still training Iraqi soldiers and conducting their own intelligence operations daily.
I do not believe anything the Obama administration says about the military presence in Iraq.
Obviously.

I am ignorant???
Obviously.

33 dead TODAY from another suicide bomber in Iraq.
And you claim that Islam is not the motivating factor when these 20 year old kids strap on bombs and blow themselves up.
More facts for the uninformed:
We are STILL in Iraq and our military is doing this NOW:
Mitigating against sectarian violence as I stated earlier.
Security force development for the Iraqis.
Self Defense Offset where we are providing on the ground intelligence while the Iraqis develop their own self defense capabilities at their borders.
Counter Terrorism Support which is one area where we have done well and the Iraqis are doing very well at. They FULLY understand the instability in their country as these fools have been fighting each other for centuries.

The US Embassy in Iraq was restructured to handle these "non combat" troops that are on the ground in Iraq as they developed an Office of Security Operation-Iraq in 2011 as the troop withdrawal was increasing and ending.
The US Defense Attache Office in Iraq was drastically expanded.
An Interagency Task Force for Police and Rule of Law Development was also expanded.
NATO Training Mission-Iraq WAS SUPPOSED to also provide more ground forces to help with the training but....................................................
How well do you think that goes over in Europe?
REAL WORLD sports fans. Please join us in it.
We ain't going anywhere in Iraq and frankly, I believe it to be sound policy.
Maybe one day, some day, the Bush doctrine will come true. Many of the assumptions and conclusions of it I strongly agree with. War is unpredictable and no doubt the intentions were right.
But the fuckups far outweighed the positives to date.

Clinton. Not even close. Make that the past 38 years. At least...

Clinton just did what the Republican Congress wanted him to do mostly.
Bingo. He fought against welfare reform until the polls showed him it was more popular to embrace it, then he took credit for it. He wasn't interested in balancing the budget during his first two years when he had a Democratic majority in Congress, but after Gingrich and the new Republican majority forced him to cut spending (and it turned out to be popular), he took credit for it. He was in the right place at the right time.

I am ignorant???
Obviously.

And you claim that Islam is not the motivating factor when these 20 year old kids strap on bombs and blow themselves up.
Self Defense Offset where we are providing on the ground intelligence while the Iraqis develop their own self defense capabilities at their borders.
Counter Terrorism Support which is one area where we have done well and the Iraqis are doing very well at. They FULLY understand the instability in their country as these fools have been fighting each other for centuries.

The US Embassy in Iraq was restructured to handle these "non combat" troops that are on the ground in Iraq as they developed an Office of Security Operation-Iraq in 2011 as the troop withdrawal was increasing and ending.
An Interagency Task Force for Police and Rule of Law Development was also expanded.
NATO Training Mission-Iraq WAS SUPPOSED to also provide more ground forces to help with the training but....................................................
Maybe one day, some day, the Bush doctrine will come true. Many of the assumptions and conclusions of it I strongly agree with. War is unpredictable and no doubt the intentions were right.
Welcome to the Arab world. Some idiot blowing themselves up while trying to take as many with them is the stuff of page 3 news. In Europe no one cares, I live there. What you fail to grasp is that this kind of thing was happening before and will continue to happen in much of that part of the world. The difference being that now there is a wind of change, for better or worse, blowing through that part of the world.

The dogmatic and idiotic simplicities you express deny what was a long-term and hopeless stalemate in Middle-Eastern politics. the empowerment of the masses that Saddam's overthrow has instilled is evident. Why do you think the "Arab Spring" was not evident in Iraq?

There are times when discourse about human events becomes very tiresome. It is especially true with those that have unrestricted access to information. I hope I'm making myself clear.

Oh yeah, plus you are an uninformed and dogmatic idiot, if that were not clear.

Obviously.

Welcome to the Arab world. Some idiot blowing themselves up while trying to take as many with them is the stuff of page 3 news. In Europe no one cares, I live there. What you fail to grasp is that this kind of thing was happening before and will continue to happen in much of that part of the world. The difference being that now there is a wind of change, for better or worse, blowing through that part of the world.

The dogmatic and idiotic simplicities you express deny what was a long-term and hopeless stalemate in Middle-Eastern politics. the empowerment of the masses that Saddam's overthrow has instilled is evident. Why do you think the "Arab Spring" was not evident in Iraq?

There are times when discourse about human events becomes very tiresome. It is especially true with those that have unrestricted access to information. I hope I'm making myself clear.

Oh yeah, plus you are an uninformed and dogmatic idiot, if that were not clear.

What "simplicities"?
Arab Spring a good thing so far?? Again, read what I posted on the Bush doctrine but I seriously doubt you understand or know what that was. Long term if that works, which I hope it will, the Bush doctrine will be vindicated.
"Dogmatic"? I gave you SPECIFIC United States programs that are on the ground NOW in Iraq with the mission they are charged to do.
If anyone's post has been dogmatic it would be yours. Nothing specific in any of them.
Stay away from the big words Moe until you learn their definitions and can articulate them in a coherent argument.

Hi. Just joined. If this should be under history, I am sorry, but I thought here was appropriate. Anyway, I've gotten surprisingly similar answers in the past from extreme liberals and conservatives of my profs, some of who knew them going back decades more. Curious how others see it. Anyway, I hope you enjoy!

No need to read the thread to declare Pap Bush the most efficient president (my measure of the "best" president) since IKE. He was the last decent Republican in American public life, a holdover from the days being a Republican wasn't tantamount to admitting to being a mental and emotional defective. Pap Bush had already undone significant amounts of ReagaNUT damage to the economy (he never wavered from his belief ReagaNUTs were "Voodoo economists" - and my guess is he secretly held to the rational view that abortion is nobody's business but the people involved) when Perot took him out and the placeholder fake-Democrat ReagaNUT from Arkansas bumbled into the presidency.

Every nickle of Clinton's claim to economic fame was borrowed.

Least efficient president in US history: that filthy little inheritor, Pap Bush's halfwit boy.

Last edited:
Hi. Just joined. If this should be under history, I am sorry, but I thought here was appropriate. Anyway, I've gotten surprisingly similar answers in the past from extreme liberals and conservatives of my profs, some of who knew them going back decades more. Curious how others see it. Anyway, I hope you enjoy!

No need to read the thread to declare Pap Bush the most efficient president (my measure of the "best" president) since IKE. He was the last decent Republican in American public life, a holdover from the days being a Republican wasn't tantamount to admitting to being a mental and emotional defective. Pap Bush had already undone significant amounts of ReagaNUT damage to the economy (he never wavered from his belief ReagaNUTs were "Voodoo economists" - and my guess is he secretly held to the rational view that abortion is nobody's business but the people involved) when Perot took him out and the placeholder fake-Democrat ReagaNUT from Arkansas bumbled into the presidency.

Every nickle of Clinton's claim to economic fame was borrowed.

Least efficient president in US history: that filthy little inheritor, Pap Bush's halfwit boy.

I'm waiting for your response to the following!!

My vote is George W Bush because historians will not have found ANY president with a more biased anti-Bush MSM then when he was President and at the same time had to FACE 4 (four) cataclysmic events !
Obviously most people have forgotten this because the biased MSM has Never put such a chronology of world changing events such as these faced by Bush!

He had All the MSM bashing him.. you never heard this till now I'm SURE!

The editor of NewsWeek Evan Thomas thinks so...
Well, our job is to bash the president, that's what we do." --
Evan Thomas responding to a question on whether the media's unfair to Bush on the TV talk show Inside Washington,
February 2, 2007.Newsweek's Evan Thomas: 'Our Job Is To Bash the President' | NewsBusters

But Obama????

I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God."
Evan Thomas on Hardball, June 5, 2009.
Newsweek?s Evan Thomas: Obama Is ?Sort of God? | NewsBusters

And so all the while the MSM was bashing Bush and putting ALL the negatives stories Bush was having to deal with Four (4) Major events that have NEVER in the history of the USA came together in an 8 year period!

1) Dot.com bust cost $5 trillion in lost market value.. this means every year for 30 years now starting in 2000 the federal revenue is over $66 billion written off against taxes owed???
How many people LOST jobs due to the bust??
According to the Los Angeles Times, when the dot-com bubble burst, it wiped out $5 trillion dollars in market value for tech companies. More than half of the Internet companies created since 1995 were gone by 2004 -
and hundreds of thousands of skilled technology workers were out of jobs.
The dot-com bubble: How to lose $5 trillion ? Anderson Cooper 360 - CNN.com Blogs

2) Did YOU forget that 9/11 occurred and it cost $2 trillion over the next 30 years again $33 billion will NOT BE PAiD.. was that Bush's fault?
Jobs lost in New York owing to the attacks: 146,100 JUST in New York!!
Year 2001: September 11 Terrorist Attacks
The 9/11 terrorist attacks were the events that helped shape other financial events of the decade. After that terrible day in September 2001, our economic climate was never to be the same again. It was only the third time in history that the New York Stock Exchange was shut down for a period of time. In this case, it was closed from September 10 - 17. Besides the tragic human loss of that day, the economic loss cannot even be estimated. Some estimate that there was over $60 billion in insurance losses alone.
Approximately 18,000 small businesses were either displaced or destroyed in Lower Manhattan after the Twin Towers fell. There was a buildup in homeland security on all levels. 9/11 caused a catastrophic financial loss for the U.S.
The Top 10 Financial Events of the Decade

3) $1 trillion in written off losses due to the WORST Hurricane SEASONS in history!

The worst Katrina?? made landfall in Louisiana as a Category 3 in 2005. It took 1,836 lives and caused $81.2 billion in damages. Andrew slammed into South Florida in 1992 as a Category 5. It caused 40 deaths and $30 billion in property damage. More than 250,000 people were left homeless and 82,000 businesses were destroyed or damaged.
Hurricane Katrina ALONE! Year 2005: Hurricanes Katrina and Rita
On August 25, 2005, Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast of the U.S. as a strong Category 3 or low Category 4 storm. It quickly became the biggest natural disaster in U.S. history, almost destroying New Orleans due to severe flooding.

Hurricane Rita quickly followed Katrina only to make matters worse. Between the two, more than $200 billion in damage was done. 400,000 jobs were lost and 275,000 homes were destroyed. Many of the jobs and homes were never to be recovered. Hundreds of thousands of people were displaced and over 1,000 were killed and more are missing. The effect on oil and gasoline prices was long-lasting.

400,000 jobs due to Hurricanes Katrina/Rita
145,000 jobs in NYC alone due to 9/11
300,000 jobs lost due to dot.com busts.

Almost 1 million jobs alone from those 3 events AND Obama cries about Tropical storm Isaac?????

DO YOU understand NONE of that was Bush's fault!
$100 billion a year in LOST federal revenue! DO YOU understand and NOT one dollar the fault of Bush!

Finally the 4th event AGAIN I am sure YOU never knew and the MSM NEVER reported!!!

Obviously YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED in the Economic Terrorist attack of 9/18/2008!!!!!

HERE Read this and see why Bush may have looked like he was going to cry!!!

"The near economic collapse on Thursday (Sept 18,2008), at 11am the Federal Reserve noticed a tremendous draw-down of money market accounts in the U.S., to the tune of $550 billion was being drawn out in the matter of an hour or two.
The Treasury opened up its window to help and pumped a $105 billion in the system and quickly realized that they could not stem the tide.
We were having an electronic run on the banks.
They decided to close the operation, close down the money accounts and announce a guarantee of $250,000 per account so there wouldn’t be further panic out there.

If they had not done that, their estimation is that by 2pm that afternoon, $5.5 trillion would have been drawn out of the money market system of the U.S., would have collapsed the entire economy of the U.S., and within 24 hours the world economy would have collapsed.
It would have been the end of our economic system and our political system as we know it.

Index of /blog

Four MAJOR EVENTS that NO other President has had to FACE while at the same time have antagonistic "BASHING BUSH" Media will provide historians the reason to call GW Bush one of the GREAT Presidents to FACE major economic issues, Major war issues and Major weather disaster issues.. all in the same 8 year period!

Come on you idiot Bush BASHERS!

Explain that those 4 events NEVER Occurred!
Explain how ANY other President with those 4 Events occurring would have done DIFFERENT??

The BIGGEST FAILURE you idiot Bush BASHERS can point to .. NO WMDs RIGHT!!!

Then EXPLAIN THIS...

Syria's Chemical Weapons Came From Saddam's Iraq

In 2006, former Iraqi general Georges Sada, second in command of the Iraqi Air Force who served under Saddam Hussein before he defected, wrote a comprehensive book, "Saddam's Secrets."
It details how the Iraqi Revolutionary Guard moved weapons of mass destruction into Syria in advance of the U.S.-led action to eliminate Hussein's WMD threat.
As Sada told the New York Sun, two Iraqi Airways Boeings were converted to cargo planes by removing the seats, and special Republican Guard units loaded the planes with chemical weapons materials.

There were 56 flights disguised as a relief effort after a 2002 Syrian dam collapse.
There were also truck convoys into Syria. Sada's comments came more than a month after Israel's top general during Operation Iraqi Freedom, Moshe Yaalon, told the Sun that Saddam "transferred the chemical agents from Iraq to Syria."

Many Of Syria's Chemical Weapons May Have Come From Saddam Hussein's Iraq - Investors.com

Come on you idiot Bush BASHERS!

Explain that those 4 events NEVER Occurred!
Explain how ANY other President with those 4 Events occurring would have done DIFFERENT??

The BIGGEST FAILURE you idiot Bush BASHERS can point to .. NO WMDs

RIGHT!!!

[Pathetic babble deleted to protect the family of the guilty]

Uh, no, that isn't even in the same world as the inheritor halfwit's biggest failures.

But let us address your first question: it is almost beyond the imaginations of rational people that any president OTHER than a demented fake cowboy with a chickenhawk attitude (likely the result of potency problems, a frigid wife and a mommy complex) could possibly have determined Iraq - the nation keeping Iran under control - was a rational target for an American invasion.

But thanks for playing.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back