🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Who Will Go To Heaven?

What do you get when you cross a dyslexic with an agnostic?

Somone who doesn't believe in Dog.

Hmmmm...I thought that the biblical definition sex without being married was known as fornication and that adultery was having sex with a partner other than one's spouse.

Originally posted by SinisterMotives
Thanks for the link, bro. :)

The jist of the article seems to be that sexuality is not just related to genital organs but it also based on brain structure and is affected by both hormones that occur naturally in the fetus and/or mother, and hormones from the external environment to which the fetus is exposed.

Well, I wouldn't call it conclusive, but I would call it a reason to believe sexual orientation is biological.

1. I'm sorry, but that link is proof of nothing.

2. We're descending into "Newspeak" again. Think about it. Why is "orientation" correct and "preference" incorrect? There is an agenda being subtly forced on us. We've got to be more diligent.

Originally posted by musicman
1. I'm sorry, but that link is proof of nothing.

2. We're descending into "Newspeak" again. Think about it. Why is "orientation" correct and "preference" incorrect? There is an agenda being subtly forced on us. We've got to be more diligent.

Because preference is a matter of free will - orientation is biologically determined.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
um probably because adultery, IE sex outside marriage, covers all sex outside marriage including homosexual sex. Hence its kind of clear.

That has got to be the most circular argument against gay marriage I've ever heard. Suppose they change the law so as to allow gay marriage? By your extension of the definition of adultery to include homosexual sex, it would no longer be "sex outside of marriage", because the couple might be married! :rotflmao:

Originally posted by wonderwench
What do you get when you cross a dyslexic with an agnostic?

Somone who doesn't believe in Dog.

What does an agnostic, insomniac dyslexic do?

Lies awake at night wondering if there really is a dog.

I'm sorry, but that link is proof of nothing.

You didn't ask for proof. You said there was no reason to believe sexual orientation is biological. The article in fact gives us reason to consider it as a possibility.

Originally posted by SinisterMotives
You didn't ask for proof. You said there was no reason to believe sexual orientation is biological. The article in fact gives us reason to consider it as a possibility.

I'm sorry I misspoke. That article gives me no reason to consider the genetic origin of sexual preference as a possibility.

No, you are missing the point.

If sexual orientation sexual orientation is determined in a natural biological process as a baby develops in the womb, then the use of terms such as preference is in appropriate.

I'm sorry I misspoke. That article gives me no reason to consider the genetic origin of sexual preference as a possibility.

Well I must say I'm surprised. First you ask for scientific evidence, then you don't accept it when it's presented to you. Surely you'll agree that it leaves the matter open for further study and that you don't know for sure one way or the other.

...As that great sage and philosopher, George Carlin, once said, " You go where you think you're gonna go!"

In all seriousness, though, from a Buddhist perspective the desire to enter the Kingdom of Heaven is nothing more than grasping after, and clinging to, that which is fleeting and ephemeral. Grasping and clinging to life.

We find what life offers us to be attractive, and brings us pleasure. But over time, that attraction either fades, or the object of our desire leaves our lives. This leaves us a great sense of loss, and we begin to cling ever more tightly to the objects of our desire, be it wealth, love, or life. And the more tightly we cling to these things, the more quickly they slip away. Our anxiety increases and so, we seek solace in the embrace the ideal of a heavenly after-life, where one can enjoy the delights of an earthly life for all eternity, basking in the love and glory of one's favorite deity.

Originally posted by wonderwench
Timothy 2:9: Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments, but rather by means of good works, as is proper for women making a claim to godliness.

I think I misspoke that it was in Second Timothy. It is actually in Timothy.

Did you read the WHOLE book of Timothy? You cited that I was choosing texts to reinforce my point. This book is Paul's letter to Timothy as Timothy starts his ministry. He was but a mere young man. Paul was giving advice.

As far as the "braiding of hair", you're getting hung up on words. Paul is advising women to wear proper attire, to not draw attention to themselves. NOWHERE does it say a woman cannot wear gold or look nice or that they'll 'go to hell' for doing so.

Please read the whole book of Timothy. I think you'll find it facinating.

I've read it. You are saying we should use our judgement to understand the meaning - not make a literal interpretation based upon the language and mores of a past society.

Well, then, that method applies to the entire Bible.

Perhaps I can save a step by responding to Sinister & WW at the same time.

I think YOU'RE missing the point. "If you bombard labratory rats with enough hormones you can alter some of their sexual traits" is scientific evidence that sexual preference is determined genetically?

Originally posted by Avatar4321
again hair doesnt involve life and death. sexual immorality does.

How can you be so sure? That passage instructs women to dress modestly. If a woman makes herself too attractive, then is she encouraging someone to lust after her or rape her?

Perhaps I can save a step by responding to Sinister & WW at the same time.

I think YOU'RE missing the point. "If you bombard labratory rats with enough hormones you can alter some of their sexual traits" is scientific evidence that sexual preference is determined genetically?

And then one can infer that hormonal fluxuations in the mother may have an impact on the sexual orientation of her offspring.

Forum List

Back