Who won last night?

You think the House can force a GOP Senate and GOP President to pass and sign their bills? LOL We will Harry Reid your ass pass all the House bills you want.
You think your moron can force the House to write the bills he wants?
You think your morons can interpret the Constitution or veto? It's a bit like you "preforming" without "enhancement", if at all; to put it interms you might understand.
The constitution ? when blacks were slaves ,women couldn't vote etc etc

Go ahead amend the Constitution. Honestly I think you militant leftists would be happier living in another country.
About the "Constitution" - blacks were slaves, women couldn't vote, there was no telephone or electricity, no cars or trucks or planes, men (the self-important ones) wore powered wigs... Give me a fukkin break - shit happens, things change, adjustment are made...or should be made... California was a Spanish outpost when your blessed Constitution was passed, and the majority of the populations couldn't read...! .Now California is the most populous state in the Union and the 7th largest financial power in the WORLD...and at least most of us can now read... Yet you still want North Dakota (also wasn't around during the Constitution's signing) to have as much say about Supreme Court nominations as California...? That just seems inordinately silly to me, and, yes, I think a 26th Amendment of some kind is in order, despite some folks apparent distaste for Constitutional Amendments...or so it seems to me...

Cant agree with you on that. The. EC is one of the best ideas we have ever had

Democrats keep telling me that they're the winners despite no "blue wave" materializing. Republicans keep telling me that they're the winners, despite losing the House, because they picked up seats in the Senate. I'm confused. Who won last night?
You have divided government and gridlock for the next two years so depending on your point of view no one won or everyone did.

The R’s had 2 chambers.
Now
The R’s have 1 chamber.

Its vividly clear who won…the party that took the chamber from the ones who had it.
They didn’t get the blue wave everyone thought they would they lost seats in the Senate so only those who don’t think believe there was a clear winner. The Democrats have things to be happy about so do the Republicans.

You had 2. You now have 1. The 1 you have is no more enhanced than it was on 11/5.

Those are facts and they are not in dispute.
Here are the facts the Republicans gained seats in the Senate which means they can now get lower court judges confirmed and if the situation presents its self a Supreme Court nominee confirmed even easier than before. The Democrats can’t get anything done legislation wise without the Senate and vice versa they can do investigations and push impeachment if they want which will likely cost them the gains they just got in 2020.

The Rs had the same capacity on 11/5. They gained nothing significant.

The Dems control border wall funding now. Boo-Yah.

They didn’t on 11/5.

Trump won He always wins even when he loses ,,,,just ask him

Dem's had to win the Senate to stop Trump, instead they won the House and lost seats in the Senate.
ONCE MORE What can the fn senate do now they couldn't do before ?? And we won the house which will make a VAST difference
The House?! GOP runs the Senate ( much nbetter than before), the Executive and SCOTUS. It's a bit like saying we scored more points in the first quarter after losing the game (football season you see).
You republicans caught the bullshit disease trump is spreading You take an obvious loss and convert it to a win ,,a great victory You're all sick
No "great victory", but then no blue wave that got your dried panties wet again. Sorry.
You did see the numbers as to how many dems and repubs voted for the senate?

Trump won He always wins even when he loses ,,,,just ask him

Dem's had to win the Senate to stop Trump, instead they won the House and lost seats in the Senate.
ONCE MORE What can the fn senate do now they couldn't do before ?? And we won the house which will make a VAST difference
The House?! GOP runs the Senate ( much nbetter than before), the Executive and SCOTUS. It's a bit like saying we scored more points in the first quarter after losing the game (football season you see).
You republicans caught the bullshit disease trump is spreading You take an obvious loss and convert it to a win ,,a great victory You're all sick

LOL you think we lost something by losing a House full of RINO's? :auiqs.jpg:
LOL did you embrace trump too?? lol

You think your moron can force the House to write the bills he wants?
You think your morons can interpret the Constitution or veto? It's a bit like you "preforming" without "enhancement", if at all; to put it interms you might understand.

Go ahead amend the Constitution. Honestly I think you militant leftists would be happier living in another country.
About the "Constitution" - blacks were slaves, women couldn't vote, there was no telephone or electricity, no cars or trucks or planes, men (the self-important ones) wore powered wigs... Give me a fukkin break - shit happens, things change, adjustment are made...or should be made... California was a Spanish outpost when your blessed Constitution was passed, and the majority of the populations couldn't read...! .Now California is the most populous state in the Union and the 7th largest financial power in the WORLD...and at least most of us can now read... Yet you still want North Dakota (also wasn't around during the Constitution's signing) to have as much say about Supreme Court nominations as California...? That just seems inordinately silly to me, and, yes, I think a 26th Amendment of some kind is in order, despite some folks apparent distaste for Constitutional Amendments...or so it seems to me...

We can agree to disagree but I believe the vote should have something to do with population Should a state with 500k have as much say as one with 5 million?

You have divided government and gridlock for the next two years so depending on your point of view no one won or everyone did.

The R’s had 2 chambers.
Now
The R’s have 1 chamber.

Its vividly clear who won…the party that took the chamber from the ones who had it.
They didn’t get the blue wave everyone thought they would they lost seats in the Senate so only those who don’t think believe there was a clear winner. The Democrats have things to be happy about so do the Republicans.

You had 2. You now have 1. The 1 you have is no more enhanced than it was on 11/5.

Here are the facts the Republicans gained seats in the Senate which means they can now get lower court judges confirmed and if the situation presents its self a Supreme Court nominee confirmed even easier than before. The Democrats can’t get anything done legislation wise without the Senate and vice versa they can do investigations and push impeachment if they want which will likely cost them the gains they just got in 2020.

They didn’t on 11/5.
The GOP gained a foil dingbat. Everytime some MS-13 thug kills someone or a drunk illegal carrooms into a family car, it's blood on the Open Borders crowd. Trust me, there's all kinds of shit on the Democrats. Bettter yet, abolish ICE on the instructions of your suurperiors. Do it!

The R’s had 2 chambers.
Now
The R’s have 1 chamber.

They didn’t on 11/5.
The GOP gained a foil dingbat. Everytime some MS-13 thug kills someone or a drunk illegal carrooms into a family car, it's blood on the Open Borders crowd. Trust me, there's all kinds of shit on the Democrats. Bettter yet, abolish ICE on the instructions of your suurperiors. Do it!
Meathead, embrace Blues

We can agree to disagree but I believe the vote should have something to do with population Should a state with 500k have as much say as one with 5 million?

My perfect scenario would be one where the president elect would have to win both the electoral college by 270 votes as well as winning the popular vote nationwide. If both are not satisfied the constitutional remedies are employed with the change of the newly elected Congress is used; not the one seated on election day.

If you want to put a stipulation to where the President Elect must also win 26 states to ensure broad national appeal…we can do that too.

But I can’t endorse a straight popular vote as electing the president. The nominees would never leave the coasts!

The R’s had 2 chambers.
Now
The R’s have 1 chamber.

They didn’t on 11/5.
Wrong again if the Democrats had not acted like such fools at the Bret Kavanaugh hearings Collins and Manchin might very well have voted no defeating his nomination with the Republicans increased majority in the Senate the chances of that happening decrease greatly. As for funding the House can’t fund things on its own anything the Democrats want funding for will have to pass the Senate and be signed by the President so the two sides can either learn to comprise or neither gets anything.

The R’s had 2 chambers.
Now
The R’s have 1 chamber.

They didn’t on 11/5.
Wrong again if the Democrats had not acted like such fools at the Bret Kavanaugh hearings Collins and Manchin might very well have voted no defeating his nomination with the Republicans increased majority in the Senate the chances of that happening decrease greatly. As for funding the House can’t fund things on its own anything the Democrats want funding for will have to pass the Senate and be signed by the President so the two sides can either learn to comprise or neither gets anything.

Thanks for confirming the GOP loss.
On 11/5, the GOP could have funded us terraforming Neptune and there was zilch the Dems could have done about it if the GOP wanted to put in the nuke option to deprive the minority of the filibuster in the senate. They could have funded the space force, border wall, a wall across the Canadian border, a wall walling off the blue states, etc…

Now they can’t. Tell me.On what planet does having less power equate to having won something?

As for Kav, I agree. And said so at the time.

They didn’t on 11/5.

On 11/5, the GOP could have funded us terraforming Neptune and there was zilch the Dems could have done about it if the GOP wanted to put in the nuke option to deprive the minority of the filibuster in the senate. They could have funded the space force, border wall, a wall across the Canadian border, a wall walling off the blue states, etc…

Now they can’t. Tell me.On what planet does having less power equate to having won something?

You really are either very naive very partisan or just flat dumb if you think just because one party controls both chambers of Congress they can do anything they want. Despite what you seem to think neither Republicans or Democrats walk in lockstep on everything.

They didn’t on 11/5.

You really are either very naive very partisan or just flat dumb if you think just because one party controls both chambers of Congress they can do anything they want. Despite what you seem to think neither Republicans or Democrats walk in lockstep on everything.
Gonna get ugly

Two years of unfettered Republican control of Washington ends Jan. 3. And despite its exhausting, constant chaos, what may also be over is the smoothest period of Donald Trump’s presidency. The GOP turned the House into a political hammer to pound the Clinton and Obama administrations; now it's the Democrats' turn. Things will get uglier from here, Bloomberg Businessweek's Joshua Green explains. —Josh Petri

Here are today's top stories
Special Counsel Robert Mueller has a new boss: Matthew Whitaker, a Trump acolyte who openly criticized the Russia collusion probe and has the power to end it.

They didn’t on 11/5.

Nobody ever said they did. You’re arguing with a shadow or ghost or something.

What is factual is:

That on 11/5, the GOP controlled Congress and the Oval. The entire law-making apparatus.
Whether or not they were functional or dysfunctional is another matter.

As of 11/6 @ about 2200 hours, that was no longer the case and the Democrats must be consulted throughout the process.

The GOP lost power
The DNC gained power

How you think that equates to a win is a result of your partisan ship or dumbness. Take your pick.

With Democrats in control of the House do you predict more compromise, or more gridlock?

Dude, have you looked at the national news lately? Does this look like a country that's in the mood to compromise about anything?
Listening to Fox Rush Etc BS propaganda and Hate, it's not surprising that's what you idiots believe. However the Democratic Party continues to be the only place for civility and compromise. Pelosi already said so.
come on franco....your replies are not very civil.....
he's a leftwing SJW. he used to say pubcrappe, they must have sanctioned him for it. it was literally ever post he made
Franco is one of our more colorful posters here....
Pointing out the fact that most of the GOP voters believe Hillary and Obama etc etc are corrupt criminals murderers pedophiles etc etc and the incredible misinformation about tax rates and all kinds of stuff is not colorful, it's a fact and a disgrace. Democrats and corporate news allow this to go on, it's time to become fact check addicts and go after their sick propaganda machine.

Dude, have you looked at the national news lately? Does this look like a country that's in the mood to compromise about anything?
Listening to Fox Rush Etc BS propaganda and Hate, it's not surprising that's what you idiots believe. However the Democratic Party continues to be the only place for civility and compromise. Pelosi already said so.
he's a leftwing SJW. he used to say pubcrappe, they must have sanctioned him for it. it was literally ever post he made
Franco is one of our more colorful posters here....
Pointed out the fact that most of the GOP voters believe Hillary and Obama etc etc are corrupt criminals murderers pedophiles etc etc and the incredible information about tax rates and all kinds of stuff is not colorful, it's a fact and a disgrace. Democrats and corporate news allow this to go on, it's time to become fact check addicts and go after their sick propaganda machine.
It's the most important issue in the United States the last 30 years...

With Democrats in control of the House do you predict more compromise, or more gridlock?

Never sanctioned

On Tuesday, voters across the country demanded accountability in government, insisting their elected representatives not just talk a good game but act in the interests of the American people.

Nationwide, Democrats received 7 percent more votes than Republicans — about three million — in an election that saw a higher percentage of voters than any midterm since 1966. Those voters flipped seven governorships and 367 state legislative seats to Democrats, giving them majorities in seven more state chambers. Most important, voters ended Donald Trump and his Republican enablers’ free rein in Washington by flipping the House.

But this blue wave should have been even bigger. Democrats’ inability to run the table on a Republican Party that depended on lying, race-baiting and suppressing the vote is a sign that the American people do not know what the Democratic Party stands for. We Democrats can begin to answer that question by acting to guarantee equal justice under the law.

As President Trump continues to accelerate his lawlessness, the new Democratic House majority must initiate impeachment proceedings against him as soon as it takes office in January.

Forum List

Back