Who won the debate?

Who Won the 2nd Presidential Debate?

• Trump

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • Clinton

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters
Tump pointed out that Clinton is a child rapists defender
Taking that statement completely out of context makes you a Trump sucker.
Why don't you check the facts on the case?

What do you mean out of context? We are talking about the debate here!

Defended the rapist, and then laughed when he got off free. Certainly worse than mere words.

Judging the winner or loser of a debate so soon after the debate is a mostly subjective endeavor. The objective results will depend on legitimate polls that allow for a day or more of discussion and consideration by the public. The answer will also depend on the " definition" one uses of "winning" or "losing".
winning or losing simply indicates which policy those that take place in the poll agree with.
And, polls can be made to say whatever one wants them to say. Its why I don't take too much interest in polls.
I don't think the policies have much to do with it. Most folks have already decided on their candidate by the time the debates occur. The candidates are trying to influence a small minority of undecided voters and fence sitters. Those folks pretty much know the positions of the candidates and are focusing on which candidate appears to be "Presidential", how they handle themselves under pressure and how well they can "think on their feet". It takes a big issue and incident to divert those kinds of voters. That is why surprises" and unpredicted scandals or situations have so much impact.
The current competing scandals are hopelessly unequal. Trump is using old scandals that simply do not garner much attention or serious consideration by anyone but the already decided voters who already support him. Clinton is using fresh scandals that draw curiosity and interest. Parading out a bunch of old women with unproven allegations or at the very least, irrelevant allegations from a quarter of a century ago don't impress the voters so much. Trump, on the other hand, is standing by some pretty obnoxious behavior and making his comments made years ago relevant today because of his refusal to take responsibility for his screw up. The guy's ego will not allow him to show or give a genuine apology.

I’m pretty sure Trump released the video himself to get attention away from his not paying federal income taxes for 20 years.
So its still a problem that he didn't pay or paid minimal taxes by using the deductions that the federal government (Hillary) set up? those same deductions that Hillary and Bill use to limit their exposure to tax?
Do you think Trump donated his old underwear and tried to write off the full cost of replacements?
I think Trump's tax situation has a limited negative impact. Even those who oppose him can understand the reasons for him to use the very best tax attornies and lawyers to minimize the amount of taxes he pays. It is a weak scandal or alleged scandal. His reference's to assault on females and statements that his celebrity status (wealth) gives him special privileges to commit violations of both religious and legal offenses is the scandal that is beating him up. The "locker room men's talk" has not worked and will not work. That spin has been rejected by his fellow Republicans and especially women. He and his handlers should have realized that going into the debate.

It's a "weak scandal" in the sense that the tax break loophole is not illegal even if it does accentuate the elitism of Rump and his entire backstory. But it raises significant doubts about his ability --- or motivation --- to suddenly pull an about-face and address the tax code in a way opposite from the way he's approached it thus far.

It's like turning the keys to the chicken coop over to the fox on the basis that he knows best what the weak spots in the security are. Makes no sense.

Tump pointed out that Clinton is a child rapists defender
Taking that statement completely out of context makes you a Trump sucker.
Why don't you check the facts on the case?
What do you mean out of context?
Defended the rapist, and then laughed when he got off free. Certainly worse than mere words.
Donald lies more than Hillary. Check the facts!

Q: Did Hillary Clinton volunteer in 1975 to defend a rapist, who was found not guilty, and laugh about it in an interview in 1980?
A: Clinton defended an accused rapist, but she did not volunteer. He pleaded guilty to a lesser offense. She laughed when recalling unusual aspects of the case.
Clinton’s 1975 Rape Case

winning or losing simply indicates which policy those that take place in the poll agree with.
And, polls can be made to say whatever one wants them to say. Its why I don't take too much interest in polls.
I don't think the policies have much to do with it. Most folks have already decided on their candidate by the time the debates occur. The candidates are trying to influence a small minority of undecided voters and fence sitters. Those folks pretty much know the positions of the candidates and are focusing on which candidate appears to be "Presidential", how they handle themselves under pressure and how well they can "think on their feet". It takes a big issue and incident to divert those kinds of voters. That is why surprises" and unpredicted scandals or situations have so much impact.
The current competing scandals are hopelessly unequal. Trump is using old scandals that simply do not garner much attention or serious consideration by anyone but the already decided voters who already support him. Clinton is using fresh scandals that draw curiosity and interest. Parading out a bunch of old women with unproven allegations or at the very least, irrelevant allegations from a quarter of a century ago don't impress the voters so much. Trump, on the other hand, is standing by some pretty obnoxious behavior and making his comments made years ago relevant today because of his refusal to take responsibility for his screw up. The guy's ego will not allow him to show or give a genuine apology.

I’m pretty sure Trump released the video himself to get attention away from his not paying federal income taxes for 20 years.
So its still a problem that he didn't pay or paid minimal taxes by using the deductions that the federal government (Hillary) set up? those same deductions that Hillary and Bill use to limit their exposure to tax?
Do you think Trump donated his old underwear and tried to write off the full cost of replacements?

Actually he was using the deductions that he himself lobbied for.

Here he is doing exactly that -- November 21, 1991 Less than four years before he went public to raise funds and then washed it down the drain. Also before Hillary Clinton was even a FLOTUS, let alone a Senator.

Can't just make shit up here. You will get called on it.
Really not a concern what he lobbied for. The fact remains that he has never been in a position to vote on the deductions.

Nor was Hillary -- which is what you posted. She held no office at all.

Which means you made shit up, and you got called on it. Which I already noted.

Whether he was "in a position to vote" on them is not the point. The point was where his motivations lay. And that was 180 degrees opposite from where he claims to want to go. He actually wants the gullible to believe that he alone can fix the system.... because he knows how to game it.

Think about that. If you're a bank, do you hire a teller with a history of writing bad checks because they "know what one looks like"?

Not my fault that asked for something and the rich democrats in office decided they could also avoid paying tax so they passed it.
I remember lobbying for having my allowance doubled when I was a child living at home. My parents voted me down. I had no say.
See how that works?
he asked, they gave.

Cool story bruh.

::: snort:::

Last edited:

I think Trump's tax situation has a limited negative impact. Even those who oppose him can understand the reasons for him to use the very best tax attornies and lawyers to minimize the amount of taxes he pays. It is a weak scandal or alleged scandal. His reference's to assault on females and statements that his celebrity status (wealth) gives him special privileges to commit violations of both religious and legal offenses is the scandal that is beating him up. The "locker room men's talk" has not worked and will not work. That spin has been rejected by his fellow Republicans and especially women. He and his handlers should have realized that going into the debate.

It's a "weak scandal" in the sense that the tax break loophole is not illegal even if it does accentuate the elitism of Rump and his entire backstory. But it raises significant doubts about his ability --- or motivation --- to suddenly pull an about-face and address the tax code in a way opposite from the way he's approached it thus far.

It's like turning the keys to the chicken coop over to the fox on the basis that he knows best what the weak spots in the security are. Makes no sense.

Trump didn't even use a loophole. It's like saying that you should pay taxes when a stock goes down and comes back up. The regressive Anti-Trumpers apparently have a problem with that, but no accounting board does. Complete fraud case.

The progressives here seem to be getting desperate. Read their posts. It's obvious.

Trump didn't even use a loophole.

Link?

Oh wait --- you'll need tax returns for that.
Rotsa ruck. You let us know when you get 'em.

You idiot, I am talking about the taxes that were released before. The ones the media completely lied about showcasing their complete lack of knowledge regarding tax accounting.

Trump didn't even use a loophole.

Link?

Oh wait --- you'll need tax returns for that.
Rotsa ruck. You let us know when you get 'em.

You idiot, I am talking about the taxes that were released before. The ones the media completely lied about showcasing their complete lack of knowledge regarding tax accounting.
liberals sure do get pissed off when someone refuses to cater to their insignificant demands don't they?
Maybe they should try to get tax records added to the list of things required to run for president. Right now there is no requirement and the release is left up to the candidate

Trump lost. That's the takeaway. Only neo fascists would praise his behavior, and we have plenty of those on this political forum.

It's worth repeating that Trump is a demagogue, a charlatan, a fascist and a character assassin. That is the sum and substance of what we saw last night and for the past year.

....and to the same degree, only commie fifth columnist traitors think Hillary won. She is a liar who made herself rich from political slush funds, and panders to every anti-American subgroup imaginable.

You are a mindless leftist drone for the hive mind, and lack the intelligence necessary to understand concepts so render yourself as nothing beyond the mirror image of all that you hate.

We’ve had televised debates since 1960. The only time they ever took on an aura of Jerry Springer has been when Trump was on the stage; first in the primaries and now in the General Election. Only a fool would reward his antics and say that he “won” anything.
and yet, look how popular (not populous) Jerry Springer was.

So, popularity should be the only barometer? Hope Clooney runs in 2024 then.
you are very confused aren't you.
Do you now or have you ever been prescribed any drugs in the antipsychotic medication class?
maybe Abilify or Risperdal or Zyprexa? how about Seroquel
any of those in your daily lineup of medications? if not, I suspect you are not seeing the right medical health professional.

Gee, you seem to know a lot about them. I’m guessing you are hooked on them yourself or get them out of some crazy friend’s cabinet when they aren’t looking. I doubt you could afford them on your own since you’re obviously unemployed, poor, and a crack baby. But hey, with HRC in office, hope is on the way for the most useless people in our society so there may be hope for you yet.
Hooked on them? LOL
not the same as the drugs you use evidently.

The progressives here seem to be getting desperate. Read their posts. It's obvious.

Watching the hive-mind regressives do their thing is just like watching the most furious bible thumpers insisting the world is just 6000 years old.

They are the mindless fundamentalists of the left every bit as obnoxious as the most rigid fundie of the right.

I'm not certain Clinton won other than letting Trump be Trump,

But trump LOST, to all those but his diehard supporters and failed to grab any new women as voters, which is what he needed to come out of this debate with, in order to increase supporters so he could win.... he won in stopping the bleeding of his lewd video talk with fellow Republicans, maybe....

Though IT shouldn't have stopped the bleeding, because he basically told us all, that he did force unwanted kisses and gropes on women....he did sexually harass women in the work place....he danced and hymned and hawed before he could give a 1 second response of no, i did not, and went on rambling about other things like Isis...he was completely incoherent...it SCREAMED, I AM LYING, I AM LYING, I AM LYING.... and complete insincerity to boot!!
Well actually if you are going to use the tape as evidence he clearly says on this tape "they let me do it because I am a star." It says nothing about force! Did you know

But trump LOST, to all those but his diehard supporters and failed to grab any new women as voters, which is what he needed to come out of this debate with, in order to increase supporters so he could win.... he won in stopping the bleeding of his lewd video talk with fellow Republicans, maybe....

Though IT shouldn't have stopped the bleeding, because he basically told us all, that he did force unwanted kisses and gropes on women....he did sexually harass women in the work place....he danced and hymned and hawed before he could give a 1 second response of no, i did not, and went on rambling about other things like Isis...he was completely incoherent...it SCREAMED, I AM LYING, I AM LYING, I AM LYING.... and complete insincerity to boot!!
boy! You are good. Did you know Bill Clinton was lying when he looked into that camera and said" I did not have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinsky."?
There are women that say it was not wanted... They said this long before this tape of Trumps admitting to doing it, and others that say the same thing, anonymously, it was not mutual or not wanted, but were made to sign confidentiality / non disclosure agreements to be part of the show, making them scared to death of Donald's wrath to destroy them and bankrupt them with endless law suits....if they speak out.

and him saying, "they let me do it because I am a Star" is NOT saying it was MUTUAL, he's outright saying he could do this, even when it was not wanted, to them, BECAUSE he was a Star, a celebrity, a billionaire, a powerful man, a boss....NOT BECAUSE they were as attracted to him as he was to them.... for goodness sake....he's saying only his Stardom allows him to sexually harass these women on the work Set, and get away with it...

Well actually if you are going to use the tape as evidence he clearly says on this tape "they let me do it because I am a star." It says nothing about force! Did you know

boy! You are good. Did you know Bill Clinton was lying when he looked into that camera and said" I did not have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinsky."?
There are women that say it was not wanted... They said this long before this tape of Trumps admitting to doing it, and others that say the same thing, anonymously, it was not mutual or not wanted, but were made to sign confidentiality / non disclosure agreements to be part of the show, making them scared to death of Donald's wrath to destroy them and bankrupt them with endless law suits....if they speak out.

and him saying, "they let me do it because I am a Star" is NOT saying it was MUTUAL, he's outright saying he could do this, even when it was not wanted, to them, BECAUSE he was a Star, a celebrity, a billionaire, a powerful man, a boss....NOT BECAUSE they were as attracted to him as he was to them.... for goodness sake....he's saying only his Stardom allows him to sexually harass these women on the work Set, and get away with it...
But, did you know Bill Clinton was lying when he looked into that camera and said "I did not have sex with that woman Monica Lewinsky? And if you think grabbing pussy is bad because you have power how another being governor and President and sticking cigars up pussy? I truly want to know.

Forum List

Back