Who would you want as AG to replace Sessions?

The Attorney General is not the Attorney for the president. The Attorney General is not in office to protect the president from prosecution. Personal loyalty to the presdieyis not a factor in the appointment of an Attorney General.

Trey Gowdy...

No holds barred... He knows and understands the games...
I thought about it he is a good attorney and tough but he has criticized President Trump and doesn't seem to think there is anything wrong going on with the witch hunt etc...
Yeah, that proves he is not allowing politics to interfere with DOJ decisions, which is as it should be. Sessions has not done anything to be fired for. Kissing the President's ass is not supposed to be part of the job.

Well? My favorite picks would be Giuliani or Judge Jeanine Piro. I prefer Piro personally she is a pit bull and loyal to Trump and the country...I have heard Cruz,Bondi,Christie but meh...Cruz is a POS and wants to get back at Trump for beating him,Bondi I am fine with just not sure how aggressive she would be. Christie would be fine with me as well I think...would really piss off Trumps son in law.
Joe Arpaio.

The Attorney General is not the Attorney for the president. The Attorney General is not in office to protect the president from prosecution. Personal loyalty to the presdieyis not a factor in the appointment of an Attorney General.

From Organization, Mission & Functions Manual: Attorney General, Deputy and Associate

OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL
The position of Attorney General was created by the Judiciary Act of 1789. In June 1870 Congress enacted a law entitled “An Act to Establish the Department of Justice.” This Act established the Attorney General as head of the Department of Justice and gave the Attorney General direction and control of U.S. Attorneys and all other counsel employed on behalf of the United States. The Act also vested in the Attorney General supervisory power over the accounts of U.S. Attorneys and U.S. Marshals.

The mission of the Office of the Attorney General is to supervise and direct the administration and operation of the Department of Justice, including the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Drug Enforcement Administration, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Bureau of Prisons, Office of Justice Programs, and the U.S. Attorneys and U.S. Marshals Service, which are all within the Department of Justice.

The principal duties of the Attorney General are to:

• Represent the United States in legal matters.
  • Supervise and direct the administration and operation of the offices, boards, divisions, and bureaus that comprise the Department.
  • Furnish advice and opinions, formal and informal, on legal matters to the President and the Cabinet and to the heads of the executive departments and agencies of the government, as provided by law.
  • Make recommendations to the President concerning appointments to federal judicial positions and to positions within the Department, including U.S. Attorneys and U.S. Marshals.
  • Represent or supervise the representation of the United States Government in the Supreme Court of the United States and all other courts, foreign and domestic, in which the United States is a party or has an interest as may be deemed appropriate.
  • Perform or supervise the performance of other duties required by statute or Executive Order.

Well? My favorite picks would be Giuliani or Judge Jeanine Piro. I prefer Piro personally she is a pit bull and loyal to Trump and the country...I have heard Cruz,Bondi,Christie but meh...Cruz is a POS and wants to get back at Trump for beating him,Bondi I am fine with just not sure how aggressive she would be. Christie would be fine with me as well I think...would really piss off Trumps son in law.

Trey Gowdy.

Trey Gowdy...

I thought about it he is a good attorney and tough but he has criticized President Trump and doesn't seem to think there is anything wrong going on with the witch hunt etc...
Yeah, that proves he is not allowing politics to interfere with DOJ decisions, which is as it should be. Sessions has not done anything to be fired for. Kissing the President's ass is not supposed to be part of the job.
He serves at the pleasure of the President. He is gone after mid terms...thank god!

Just because Obama had his "wingman" Eric Holder and lackey Loretta Lynch as AG who's jobs were first and foremost to protect Obama doesn't mean that's how it's supposed to be done. If republicans want to claim to be better than the democrats when it comes to due process, honesty and lawfulness then they actually have to be better.

David Duke...

He seem perfect for this regime...

You are being bamboozled and borrowing that fake narrative, however it's highly ignorant a conclusion that wanting a normal AG is somehow connected to "wanting your way".
FOR CRYING OUT LOUD that would make asking him to recuse himself was the left's "wanting their way" and not fire him or Rosenstein as "wanting their way". Why do you guys always have a double standard that never recognizes that your complaints are always reflective back to your party thus mere displacenent/deflective
behavior?
FACT: WANTING a real AG is not self serving if it's to get equal even justice which has not existed.
Your complaint is to have remain a DOJ with a double standard and not really concerned with Russia manipulations when you look at 1 party and not both party's connections to Russians.
Also election collusion requires investigating more then just Russia, it should include the collusion Dems had with Mexico and Ukraine.
Furthermore this soft/silent coup is treasonous, and in allowing blatant abuses of power to over throw a democratically elected president is outright anti democracy , anti America and outright treasonous, and any attemp to keep from further investigating this group involved that Ohr feared would be outed and Stzrok called "we", is indeed obstructing justice. Therefore not wanting a new AG (assuming he's not hiding a secret investigation) is to obstruct justice, making people like you and the left the ones
you're complaining about.
The mirror reflection is you that you are pointing to.

Trey Gowdy...

When Session found out Rosenstein's conflictions regarding his connection with the SC investigation, he should have told Rosenstein to recuse himself or he (Session) would un-recuse himself and take over. Session could have explained the conflicts he has are no different then the ones Rosenstein has.

You can put me down as a NO for Gowdy.

Forum List

Back