🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

WHOA! He Said WHAA?

I was flipping through some vintage Playboys a few weeks ago, (yeah, I like those, for the articles : :eusa_angel: )and I saw a piece on North, "Drugstore Marine" by David Hackworth. Just looked and found it online @ airborne-ranger.com.

A pretty good sum of the chump:

David Hackworth on Oliver North

Source: Playboy, June 1994 v41 n6 p90(5).

Title: Drugstore Marine. (Oliver North) Author: David Hackworth

Abstract: North's career shows an undeniable streak of deceit and misuse of the trust of colleagues and the American public. His most significant betrayal was engineering the trade of arms to Iran for US hostages. North would become a threat if he were to succeed in a bid for the Senate.

Subjects: Political corruption - Cases People: North, Oliver L. - Moral and ethical aspects Gov Agncy: United States. Marine Corps - Officials and employees

LET ME TRY to describe Oliver North in a few fast bursts. He's a jackass. He is so preposterous that there is a temptation to laugh at him. He's smarmy, a flatter, a brownnoser.

He's also a twisted impostor, a drugstore Marine with an apparent compulsion to bullshit just about all the time. But while he tries to fool people with his fantasies, he is also very easy to fool. He boasts that he was an can-do guy when he was in the White House, but the record spells no-can-do. North did terible damage to the U.S. until he was caught.

One thread runs through his performance--getting conned. The Iranians conned him, the contras conned him, the crooked arms dealers conned him and even Manuel Antonio Noriega conned him.

North is also one of the most dangerous men in America today.

... My own sources confirmed or amplified what Wildavsky reports: North "could not be believed--even under oath."

One of his former colleagues is quoted as saying North "had trouble distinguishing between what was true and what he wished to be true."
In almost 50 years of being around soldiers, I have bumped into my fair share of bullshitters, but Ollie would have to take the first-place ribbon. His record shows that he is totally untrustworthy.

During the radio show I asked him to clarify a few of the contradictory stories he was told about himself. North bobbed and weaved and said that if we could get together he would explain everything. I don't want to go near the guy, and he can't make facts disappear by trying to flatter me.

At the end of the show he said, "I'm under posttraumatic stress disorder from this interview." The fact is that North is the sort of guy who cringes at the truth.
His relationship with Ronald Reagan, for example, was close, according to Ollie.

Part of his line is that he persuaded Reagan to invade Grenada in 1983 and that he and Reagan watched the live broadcast of American students returning from Grenada and kissing the tarmac. According to Ollie, Reagan emotionally embraced him. Evidence says that North was never alone with Reagan and that he did not even see the president on the day the students came home. Reagan himself has accused North of making various "false statements."

North was convicted on three different counts: for helping deceive Congress about the Reagan administration's trading arms to Iran for release of hostages, for destroying documents and for illegally accepting a home security system that was paid for by a government contractor (Richard Secord), whom North had brought into his operations.

Now he claims he was "exonerated," which is another lie.

An appeals court threw out the convictions on a legal technicality."

More: David Hackworth on Oliver North

Last edited:
Lt. Col. North should have gone to Leavenworth Federal Prison, forfeited all rank and pay, and received a Dishonorable discharge from the military. .. :cool:

Last edited:
I think he's a criminal. He is, on the other hand, a hero on the Right.

Because you think he's a criminal his opinion is significant?

Would it be better for NFC to interview Charles Manson to get his opinion about the Taliban Hostage Exchange Scandal?

Shouldn't you be asking the people who are putting him on the air?

Why?

Do they think he's a criminal?

You seem to believe North has a scary gravitus, as either a crimial or whatever. I just wondered why.

:eusa_hand:

No need to answer: Defection of Deflection eventually becomes obviously redundent

Nobody heard of North for years, so he scored an interview on NewsMax. :badgrin:

Oliver North is the host of the popular "Oliver North War Stories" series and a regular contributor on Fox News so it's hard to say that nobody heard of him for years.

Because you think he's a criminal his opinion is significant?

Would it be better for NFC to interview Charles Manson to get his opinion about the Taliban Hostage Exchange Scandal?

Why?

You seem to believe North has a scary gravitus, as either a crimial or whatever. I just wondered why.

No need to answer: Defection of Deflection eventually becomes obviously redundent

That you can't see the hilarity of Oliver North appearing as a hostile expert witness on a hostage situation only means that you aren't as smart as the rest of us.

boohoo

Why?

That you can't see the hilarity of Oliver North appearing as a hostile expert witness on a hostage situation only means that you aren't as smart as the rest of us.

boohoo

Not as smart as the rest of "us?" You and the mouse in your pocket?

The thread's pretty short.

Last edited:
Obama paid the Islamomafia and they turned Bergdahl over to Taliban who then turned Bergdahl over to us after we released five monsters from Gitmo.

Last edited:
Now, this takes some moxie!

Tuesday on NewsMax TV, former U.S. Marine Corps Lt. Col. Oliver North said U.S. Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl was not a prisoner of war because he was actually being held "hostage" by the Haqqanis, a terrorist group separate from the Taliban and associated heavily with al Qaeda.

North said he knew there was at least a $1 million dollar ransom being demanded for Bergdahl some time ago so he estimated the price paid to release the hostage must be close to $5-6 million now.

"Someone paid a ransom," North said. "Whether the Qataries paid it, or some big oil sheik, or somebody used our petrodollars, but there was a ransom paid in cash for each one of them, my guess somewhere in the round numbers of $5 or 6 million to get Bergdahl freed. I know that the offer that was on the table before was close to a million."

Oh, the irony!

North knows about Islamic terrorists, he made a bundle selling arms to them.

Obama paid the Islamomafia and they turned Bergdahl over to Taliban who then turned Bergdahl over to us after we released five monsters from Gitmo.
As Vice President of the United States of America to Ronald Reagan and former head of the CIA, George HW Bush has more than enough knowledge of aiding terrorists.

You chose the wrong mascot.

Now, this takes some moxie!

Tuesday on NewsMax TV, former U.S. Marine Corps Lt. Col. Oliver North said U.S. Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl was not a prisoner of war because he was actually being held "hostage" by the Haqqanis, a terrorist group separate from the Taliban and associated heavily with al Qaeda.

North said he knew there was at least a $1 million dollar ransom being demanded for Bergdahl some time ago so he estimated the price paid to release the hostage must be close to $5-6 million now.

"Someone paid a ransom," North said. "Whether the Qataries paid it, or some big oil sheik, or somebody used our petrodollars, but there was a ransom paid in cash for each one of them, my guess somewhere in the round numbers of $5 or 6 million to get Bergdahl freed. I know that the offer that was on the table before was close to a million."

Oh, the irony!

North knows about Islamic terrorists, he made a bundle selling arms to them.

gossip.jpg

As Vice President of the United States of America to Ronald Reagan and former head of the CIA, George HW Bush has more than enough knowledge of aiding terrorists.

If Bush and Reagan were in office during 1990's when Bin Laden became a significant threat ... there would have been no 9-11.

If Bush and Reagan were in office during 1990's when Bin Laden became a significant threat ... there would have been no 9-11.

If Bush hadn't invaded Iraq in 1991 and left troops in Saudi Arabia, there would have been no 9/11.

Bin Laden made that clear.

Forum List

Back