Who's your daddy

My father died two months ago.

:(
Sorry to hear that. My father died about four and a half months ago. Unfortunately I didn't see him the last five and half years of his life because he lived in Arizona, I live in Indiana. My sister and I were planning to see him before he passed, but he slipped away so quickly, we weren't able to go see him. In contrast, I saw my mother, who lived close to us in town, just three days before she passed. She died due to a freak accident at home and there was no way to prepare for her unexpected passing. She passed away about six years and a couple months ago.

Thanks. I appreciate that. As I do with everyone in this thread.

He was scheduled for bypass surgery for an artery that went into his leg. The surgery went well, but he suffered what the doctors called a "mild" heart attack on the operating table. I had spoken to him after the surgery twice. However, he started to deteriorate, and his kidneys and heart started to fail. Knowing it was serious but not knowing it was that serious, I flew up to assist my mom in his recovery. By the time I got there, he was on a breathing machine. His eyes were closed, but he did acknowledge me when he first knew I was in the room. He died exactly 24 hours after I landed.

The greatest gift I could give my parents was time. So I would take the 12+ hour trip from Florida to Vancouver Island four times a year to visit with them. I'm so glad I did. He was the greatest man I've ever known.

Last edited:
My Father's family has a distinct nose..I have the family nose...my son looks exactly like his father...but in the south we do have a saying. ...feed them enough love and they will look like ya..my grandfather always claimed any wood's colt that came forward...his attitude if they want to be a (insert surname) we welcomed and took them in...after checking the nose

Does anyone actually know for a fact who their daddy is? I know who is said to be my daddy but I only saw him a few times and he don't look like me nor I him. I know when he died I was told to come to Arkansas to the funeral service and while I was getting ready I called a friend of his and asked what kind of funeral is was to be and he stammered a bit and and then told me they had his funeral yesterday in California and the thing I was invited to was a memorial. How can anyone be sure who their daddy is? Not me, my mom was/is a horrible person and while the progtards say Trump has told 10000 plus lies, she's probably told 100,000,000.
Mike, I hope you went to the funeral to find out things about your father you didn't know. If you are afraid he is not your father, you can request a DNA sample to be compared to you. If you are his son, you could be due an inheritance if you have not already been contacted by your dad's lawyer. If the DNA sample is positive, you are entitled to your fair share of any inheritance there is in most states. I'm sorry you seem to feel alienated over this issue. Please forgive your mother if she is still alive. She also may feel alienated. If she acts crabby, it could be she has a severe health situation that's making her cross. You seldom mention religion, but if you are a Christian, it is good to "cast your burden upon the Lord, and he will sustain you." I'm only mentioning it because it's advantageous to people who are in an emotional upheaval like the one you are describing. I care about your happiness in family matters. :thup:
Thank you but I did not attend. And she don't just act crabby, she tried to ruin my life for 60 years and my marriage for 40.
I'm sorry for all you've been through and the loss of your dad, and all the misinformation, too, that caused you to miss his burial in California. You have the right to know if he really is your father if you still doubt it.
It wasn't misinformation they didn't want me there.

Does anyone actually know for a fact who their daddy is? I know who is said to be my daddy but I only saw him a few times and he don't look like me nor I him. I know when he died I was told to come to Arkansas to the funeral service and while I was getting ready I called a friend of his and asked what kind of funeral is was to be and he stammered a bit and and then told me they had his funeral yesterday in California and the thing I was invited to was a memorial. How can anyone be sure who their daddy is? Not me, my mom was/is a horrible person and while the progtards say Trump has told 10000 plus lies, she's probably told 100,000,000.
Mike, I hope you went to the funeral to find out things about your father you didn't know. If you are afraid he is not your father, you can request a DNA sample to be compared to you. If you are his son, you could be due an inheritance if you have not already been contacted by your dad's lawyer. If the DNA sample is positive, you are entitled to your fair share of any inheritance there is in most states. I'm sorry you seem to feel alienated over this issue. Please forgive your mother if she is still alive. She also may feel alienated. If she acts crabby, it could be she has a severe health situation that's making her cross. You seldom mention religion, but if you are a Christian, it is good to "cast your burden upon the Lord, and he will sustain you." I'm only mentioning it because it's advantageous to people who are in an emotional upheaval like the one you are describing. I care about your happiness in family matters. :thup:
Thank you but I did not attend. And she don't just act crabby, she tried to ruin my life for 60 years and my marriage for 40.
I'm sorry for all you've been through and the loss of your dad, and all the misinformation, too, that caused you to miss his burial in California. You have the right to know if he really is your father if you still doubt it.
It wasn't misinformation they didn't want me there.
So they didn't wanna share, hm? tch, tch, tch.

I started this thread just to see if others really knew their lineage for sure or just knew what they were told. There's nothing anyone can do about it either way, but it was just an interesting thought I had after decades of betrayal and hatred by my mother. She's really a character. When we moved her in with us in 2013 after my younger brother died and she had nowhere to go, she saw my gun safe and wanted to know what kind of guns I had and I went to get one of my AK's and let her see it. Lol, first thing she did was point it at me and pull the trigger. Other than not being surprised I didn't let her see any more guns. Lol, we could only take a year and half of her. After smearing my wifes sewing room with dog excrement, and cutting the heads off several of her dolls she had and rolling them across the floor toward my wife after calling her a filthy mexican whore we arranged for a retirement center to accommodate her.

My brother she was living with was a drug dealer and was fairly certain he was facing prison time, so I suspect his death however timely it was, may have been an OD on meth which caused his heart failure. Heart disease runs on his father's side, being what killed his father, him, and both my step brothers. A bizarre family to say the least. Of course my actual dad died of leukemia in the early 90's. I had a step brother with him as well who died in an off road truck crash years ago. So, I'm the only one left out of both families and I don't know what to think about that. I'm starting to have respiratory problems so I think that will be what finally kills me, but dear old mom is 91 and still alive and I take after her, but I hope I don't stay around that long. I had the urge to see my brothers criminal record after he died and I was surprised. From a teenager on, he had felonies and misdemeanors galore. Never served any prison time.

Anyone else have any bizarre family stories to tell?

Last edited:
I started this thread just to see if others really knew their lineage for sure or just knew what they were told. There's nothing anyone can do about it either way, but it was just an interesting thought I had after decades of betrayal and hatred by my mother. She's really a character. When we moved her in with us in 2013 after my younger brother died and she had nowhere to go, she saw my gun safe and wanted to know what kind of guns I had and I went to get one of my AK's and let her see it. Lol, first thing she did was point it at me and pull the trigger. Other than not being surprised I didn't let her see any more guns. Lol, we could only take a year and half of her. After smearing my wifes sewing room with dog excrement, and cutting the heads off several of her dolls she had and rolling them across the floor toward my wife after calling her a filthy mexican whore we arranged for a retirement center to accommodate her.

My brother she was living with was a drug dealer and was fairly certain he was facing prison time, so I suspect his death however timely it was, may have been an OD on meth which caused his heart failure. Heart disease runs on his father's side, being what killed his father, him, and both my step brothers. A bizarre family to say the least. Of course my actual dad died of leukemia in the early 90's. I had a step brother with him as well who died in an off road truck crash years ago. So, I'm the only one left out of both families and I don't know what to think about that. I'm starting to have respiratory problems so I think that will be what finally kills me, but dear old mom is 91 and still alive and I take after her, but I hope I don't stay around that long. I had the urge to see my brothers criminal record after he died and I was surprised. From a teenager on, he had felonies and misdemeanors galore. Never served any prison time.

No, but your mother and her extreme mental illness that debilitates her from having normal relationships with other people, is on my prayer list as are her unfortunate care givers and those her bizarro world behavior caused unpleasantness, including your wife and you, of course. Prayers up! FWIW, I had a parent who was a paranoid schizophrenic periodically, normal at all other times, like a person who is bipolar. He had PTSD from being in 3 wars--WWII, Korea, and the Cold War, and in WWII he spent the last 18 months of the war in a Japanese POW camp in which 90% of those interred died. I'm pretty certain that started his PTSD. Mental illness of a parent is hard on children.

Last edited:

Wow, that's something you've lived through miketx.

It sounds like your mother has had mental illness.

People often treat mental illness differently than physical illness. I tell people that if your arm was broken, of course you'd get it treated. But if something is wrong in your mind, people don't want to deal with it because of the stigma. That stigma has to stop.

Wow, that's something you've lived through miketx.

It sounds like your mother has had mental illness.

People often treat mental illness differently than physical illness. I tell people that if your arm was broken, of course you'd get it treated. But if something is wrong in your mind, people don't want to deal with it because of the stigma. That stigma has to stop.
When I was a little boy she poisoned me with silver polish and when I had to go to the hospital she managed to convince them I had kidney disease.

I knew both my mother and father unfortunately they're both gone now but I sure as hell knew them and they bought all of us up right. I am the last of my immediate family still alive.

My dad is most definitely my biological dad because I have his blood form which is the more common one to have compared to what my mom has which is B negative. O positive is what I have.

God bless you and my mom always!!!

Holly

P.S. If have anything else from him, I pray that I only got whatever is good about him because sadly his flaws have been nothing but being a complete and total dominator.

My dad is most definitely my biological dad because I have his blood form which is the more common one to have compared to what my mom has which is B negative. O positive is what I have.

Holly

P.S. If have anything else from him, I pray that I only got whatever is good about him because sadly his flaws have been nothing but being a complete and total dominator.
I've been told I have B. O. also

Holly

I've been told I have B. O. also
I was talking about the B negative blood form, not what you mention in your message here. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Seems all anyone can do when one,s parents are so bad is try to break the cycle.. unfortunately mental illness was so not addressed then.
It may only be in retrospect...that one realizes a parent was truly mentally ill and no who dealt with it

My sperm donor was a deadbeat who died an early death due to alcohol and drugs

My mother wasn't much better

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back