Who's your Mt. Rushmore of music?

I have to say, no.

Music snob. I've always been so.
Are you telling me you never heard a song where you didn't have a clue as to who it was, but just knew you liked that tune?

No, no, I certainly have hear music I've like from artists I did not know.

However, after decades on both sides of the glass, I've gained a great respect for real musicians, playing actual instruments in a room at the same time. I hear pitch correction instantly and it annoys the hell out of me. I hear a potentially talented singers who can't hold a note and I roll my eyes. I hear the same damn predictable chord changes and think, "that's about the ten thousandth time I've heard that", and I turn the station.

So yes, I've heard catchy tunes and dug them. it's how I discovered Devo in the 70s. Today, I hear so much shit, And by shit, I mean "music' recorded with no musicians, no melody, no harmony...only a beat and a pretty lead singer.

Pass.

No, no, I certainly have hear music I've like from artists I did not know.

However, after decades on both sides of the glass, I've gained a great respect for real musicians, playing actual instruments in a room at the same time. I hear pitch correction instantly and it annoys the hell out of me. I hear a potentially talented singers who can't hold a note and I roll my eyes. I hear the same damn predictable chord changes and think, "that's about the ten thousandth time I've heard that", and I turn the station.

So yes, I've heard catchy tunes and dug them. it's how I discovered Devo in the 70s. Today, I hear so much shit, And by shit, I mean "music' recorded with no musicians, no melody, no harmony...only a beat and a pretty lead singer.

Pass.
If it's real music you want, it's real music you get...

Memorable, yes. But greatest, no frickin' way,

I give you Jimi

"...I give you Jimi...", doing Bob Dylan, with one of the most over-played songs of all time. You don't want to hear repetitive riffs, I don't want to hear that song again for another blue moon. It's a great song, but I've just heard it way too many times.

Now here's something you don't hear every day...

Train
Rob Thomas/Matchbox 20
Keith Urban
Steve Perry

Honorary mention...

Rascal Flatts
Your taste in music blows...
Doesn't matter. I don't listen to music much any more anyway.
I can understand why....
Yeah. 1) the majority of today's music is crap. And 2) I have other things to do besides sitting on my ass vegging out to the stereo or loading music to ITunes.

Mozart
Jerry Garcia
Charlie Parker
Frank Sinatra

Captain and Tennille
Hermans Hermits
The Osmonds
Starland Vocal Band

What? Doesn't Terry Jacks deserve to be immortalized for "Seasons in the Sun"?!?!?!??

Last edited:
Yeah. 1) the majority of today's music is crap. And 2) I have other things to do besides sitting on my ass vegging out to the stereo or loading music to ITunes.
Have you ever heard of Greg Rolie? He was the lead singer of Journey on their first album before they got Steve Perry.

Forum List

Back