Whose flag is this? Does anyone know?

BTW, Marcus Garvey was deported because he was a con-artist.

Thats what the government wanted you to believe clown. :lol:

He was becoming to powerful

American Experience | Marcus Garvey | Special Features

Garvey's conviction on a charge of mail fraud was basically a technicality. As Garvey put it in a speech at Liberty Hall in New York on 20 May 1923, the mail fraud case against him "involves not Marcus Garvey but the existence of the Universal Negro Improvement Association (U.N.I.A.). The ideals of the Universal Negro Improvement Association are on trial."

The mail fraud case thus centered on much more wider political issues than the narrow charges actually leveled at Garvey--charges which actually came down to the sale of stock to one individual, named Benny Dancy, out of the thousands who purchased stock in the early 1920s.

Last edited:
It's the flag of terrorism.

Wrong flag.

8858490.jpg

Got one hanging in my home. The flag a people who fought against federal tyranny...

...and those who terrorized blacks for more 100 years afterward.

BTW, Marcus Garvey was deported because he was a con-artist.

Thats what the government wanted you to believe clown. :lol:

He was becoming to powerful

American Experience | Marcus Garvey | Special Features

Garvey's conviction on a charge of mail fraud was basically a technicality. As Garvey put it in a speech at Liberty Hall in New York on 20 May 1923, the mail fraud case against him "involves not Marcus Garvey but the existence of the Universal Negro Improvement Association (U.N.I.A.). The ideals of the Universal Negro Improvement Association are on trial."

My daughter recently moved to NYC. lives in an apartment a few blocks from Marcus Garvey Park in East Harlem. She loves the park.

That is all.

So is this, but people display it all the time!

View attachment 31151

Whats wrong with the honor of the stars and bars and a people trying to defend themselves from an invasions by an immigrant army that does not even speak English, and most of whom are criminals? Oh, well,meet Ferguson, Missouri.

For one thing that isn't the Stars and Bars. That would be this flag.

$s&b.jpg

For another why do you say the people of Ferguson don't know how to speak English.? I'd be more concerned with your inability to write English. :lol:

Wrong flag.

8858490.jpg

I have seen fewer Confederate flags since 9/11/01, but still enough to be noticed. The praise for the Confederate flag on this thread answers the question posed by the OP. And both flags of rebellion and treason are called the "Stars & Bars" by admirers of the traitors, though the admired on this thread is also called the "Southern Cross." The true sourthern cross is a constellation. My father saw it, when out at sea:
scross_02.jpg

Last edited:
Show me the looting in that picture

Is this your "gotcha" moment?

Are you saying that there has NOT been a lot of looting and civil disobedience going on?

Are you defending the behaviors of the anarchists who are causing this social unrest?
You must be legally retarded.

He was saying none of those things, all Delta was pointing out was nobody in that picture was looting anything so Katz's claim that the flag was in any way related to looting was suspect.

Then you go manufacturing a bunch of opinions to rail against.

Afro-American flags (U.S.)

"Green, black, and red are the Garvey colors, after Marcus Garvey, a civil rights movement leader. If I recall correctly, he promoted the "returning to Africa" -- if not geographically, at least by "rediscovering" the ancestral heritage of afro-americans.
Antonio Martins, 11 December 1997

The colors are as represented on the flag, Red, Black and Green (not Green, black and red ) and did indeed evolve from Marcus Garvey's UNIA movement. However, the colors were adopted by an international assemblage of 25 countries of the African diaspora, thereby making the colors international.

African Americans have held proudly onto their banner for the past 78 years hoisting it under various titles: International African Flag, The African Flag, Pan African Flag, Liberation Flag, Black Flag, African American Flag, Afro-American Flag and others. Yes, the colors were hoisted first in the United States and, it represents all peoples of the African Diaspora regardless of land of birth.

Rasta colors and The Pan African (Garvey Flag) colors not the same and should not be confused. Rasta colors are the Ethiopian colors of green, gold and red.

Beatrice C. Jones, 16 November 1998

The RED, BLACK and GREEN Flag was unveiled to the world by the Honorable Marcus Mosiah Garvey and the members of the Universal Negro Improvement Association and African Communities League, of the World at it's first international convention on August 13, 1920. The UNIA-ACL knew that Africans at home and abroad needed their own flag as other flags around the world could not represent the collective of African people.

The use of Red, Black and Green as colors symbolizing African nationhood was first "adopted by the UNIA-ACL as part of the 1920 Declaration of Rights as the official colors of the African race. The question of a flag for the race was not as trivial as might have appeared on the surface, for in the United States especially, the lack of an African symbol of nationhood seems to have been cause for crude derision on the part of whites and a source of sensitivity on the part of Afro-Americans.

The race catechism Garveyites used explained the significance of the red, black, and green as for the "color of the blood which men must shed for their redemption and liberty", black for "the color of the noble and distinguished race to which we belong," and green for "the luxuriant vegetation of our Motherland.

Nnamdi Azikewe, 12 April 2000

My understanding is that Garvey thought (erroneously) that these were the colors of ancient Ethiopia - the Ethiopia of today was known as Abyssinia at the time Garvey proposed the flag.
Devereaux Cannon and Ned Smith, 10 July 1999

My understanding is that Marcus Garvey was thinking of contemporary Ethiopia, which in the 1920's was the only African country that had never been colonized. He became aware of his error as to its national colors at the time of Haile Selassie's coronation as emperor, but by that time the red/black/green flag was too well established to be changed.
John Ayer, 10 July 1999 "

Yep, that's it. Took me all of 20 seconds to look it up on Google using:

flag red black green

One thing I've discovered here at the USMB is that Republicans very rarely use Google. In fact, I'm not sure they know how. They appear to cover that ignorance by saying, "You're so stupid, you believe everything you read on the Internet".

"Green, black, and red are the Garvey colors, after Marcus Garvey, a civil rights movement leader. If I recall correctly, he promoted the "returning to Africa" -- if not geographically, at least by "rediscovering" the ancestral heritage of afro-americans.

The colors are as represented on the flag, Red, Black and Green (not Green, black and red ) and did indeed evolve from Marcus Garvey's UNIA movement. However, the colors were adopted by an international assemblage of 25 countries of the African diaspora, thereby making the colors international.

African Americans have held proudly onto their banner for the past 78 years hoisting it under various titles: International African Flag, The African Flag, Pan African Flag, Liberation Flag, Black Flag, African American Flag, Afro-American Flag and others. Yes, the colors were hoisted first in the United States and, it represents all peoples of the African Diaspora regardless of land of birth.

Rasta colors and The Pan African (Garvey Flag) colors not the same and should not be confused. Rasta colors are the Ethiopian colors of green, gold and red.

The RED, BLACK and GREEN Flag was unveiled to the world by the Honorable Marcus Mosiah Garvey and the members of the Universal Negro Improvement Association and African Communities League, of the World at it's first international convention on August 13, 1920. The UNIA-ACL knew that Africans at home and abroad needed their own flag as other flags around the world could not represent the collective of African people.

The use of Red, Black and Green as colors symbolizing African nationhood was first "adopted by the UNIA-ACL as part of the 1920 Declaration of Rights as the official colors of the African race. The question of a flag for the race was not as trivial as might have appeared on the surface, for in the United States especially, the lack of an African symbol of nationhood seems to have been cause for crude derision on the part of whites and a source of sensitivity on the part of Afro-Americans.

The race catechism Garveyites used explained the significance of the red, black, and green as for the "color of the blood which men must shed for their redemption and liberty", black for "the color of the noble and distinguished race to which we belong," and green for "the luxuriant vegetation of our Motherland.

My understanding is that Garvey thought (erroneously) that these were the colors of ancient Ethiopia - the Ethiopia of today was known as Abyssinia at the time Garvey proposed the flag.

My understanding is that Marcus Garvey was thinking of contemporary Ethiopia, which in the 1920's was the only African country that had never been colonized. He became aware of his error as to its national colors at the time of Haile Selassie's coronation as emperor, but by that time the red/black/green flag was too well established to be changed.

flag red black green

One thing I've discovered here at the USMB is that Republicans very rarely use Google. In fact, I'm not sure they know how. They appear to cover that ignorance by saying, "You're so stupid, you believe everything you read on the Internet".

Exact string I used. :)

flag red black green

Another absurd generalization.

flag red black green

Speaking of "you believe everythign you read on the internet" did ya hear the news? Martial law has been declared in Ferguson. :)

Wrong flag.

8858490.jpg

I have seen fewer Confederate flags since 9/11/01, but still enough to be noticed. The praise for the Confederate flag on this thread answers the question posed by the OP. And both flags of rebellion and treason are called the "Stars & Bars" by admirers of the traitors, though the admired on this thread is also called the "Southern Cross." The true sourthern cross is a constellation. My father saw it, when out at sea:
scross_02.jpg

Aha, the Southern Cross;

The stars on the Australian national Flag;

The Australian Flag

The Southern Cross flag of rebellion ...First flown at the Eureka Rebellion/Eureka Stockade in 1854 at Ballarat, Vic state Australia.

Eureka Flag - Flag of the Southern Cross

Eureka Flag
Flag of the Southern Cross

When miners in the Victorian goldfields rebelled against local officialdom and harassment by the police in 1854, they built a stockade in the goldfields as a symbol of their defiance and — for the first time — flew the Eureka flag, also known as the Flag of the Southern Cross.
The flag itself is believed to be the handiwork of a Canadian. The five white stars on the flag are said to represent the Southern Cross constellation visible in the skies of the southern hemisphere.

Eureka Rebellion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Guess everyone has their flag of defiance/rebellion.

Last edited:
Here's my flag You mess with a snake you mess with one
You mess with a Hornets Nest you mess with a million
The three Hornets around the Hornets Nest are their watching over the Nest 24/7 Alerting the nest when danger comes close by
The Date is from Mecklenburg county Declaration of Independence from England

10415630_10152191764783457_7878684560778344214_n.jpg

Here's my flag You mess with a snake you mess with one
You mess with a Hornets Nest you mess with a million
The three Hornets around the Hornets Nest are their watching over the Nest 24/7 Alerting the nest when danger comes close by
The Date is from Mecklenburg county Declaration of Independence from England

10415630_10152191764783457_7878684560778344214_n.jpg

Nice flag. :)

sticker,375x360.png

Seeing that flag, and seeing 3 contacts on the radar scope I wonder if our Naval slogan was inspired by that flag?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back