Why Abortion And Euthanasia Should Be Legal

It's funny how, in issues of pain and suffering, life and death, everyone all of a sudden becomes an expert and thinks they know what is best. Pitiful that the government knows what's right. Terrible that doctors and clinics know better.

Worse still when spiritually vacuous and materially selfish souls think they know best.

Hogwash. I worked at a pet grooming service. Some rich bitch got a dog that was dirty, matted and had a broken leg. She wanted the dog cleaned up before taking it to the vet, so this dog was crying, held up with a chain around its neck so it could be groomed, then thrown in the closet with heat and fans to dry its fur. I didn't know about it until I heard the howls from the "drying" closet. I called the ASPCA immediately...and the sheriff. Sheriff got there first...and pulled that dog out of that cage right away, and took it to the vet. They shut the grooming place down and I flipped the whole crew off as I walked out with the sheriff. The owner was fined for animal cruelty along with the staff. One month later...the business closed.

So yes..it IS against the law not to help an animal in distress.

That is different than treating a dog yourself.

By the way, I am willing to bet the rich bitch didn't get charged with anything.

Do you think she should have been charged?

Oy. This is such a painful subject.
With that said....I would have done what was best for the child...not what was best for me...or worried what others would think of me due to my choice. I would not let an animal suffer pain any more than I would a baby. If I knew in advance my child was going to be born with a very painful and unoperable disease..it would not be born. Period. And to hell with what anyone thinks of that decision.

Going back to animals....I had a tenant when I was managing apartments, and she had a dog that HOWLED from pain. She was very old, could barely walk, only ate small bites of cat food from me when I went over to try to soothe her. Her owner couldn't/wouldn't put her down. Refused. SHE was at work. SHE didn't have to hear the howling all day. Finally I had enough. I told her if she didn't take that dog to the vet and have her put down to finally find some peace, I would do it myself and she can go fuck herself while suing me. And I meant it. She knew I meant it, and took her the next day to the vet to do it. She never spoke to me again, paid the rent via envelope, and moved a few weeks later. I was glad to see her go. Talk about a selfish bitch.

Just to clarify what the baby had is operable and does not have bad odds. This was an unusual situation.

Intestinal Atresia

What will happen at birth?

In most cases, a child with intestinal atresia will be born without any immediate problems. Afterwards, he or she will be taken to the neonatal intensive care unit. The neonatologists, specialized doctors for high-risk babies, will immediately assess your baby and begin appropriate treatment, if necessary. In most cases, you and your family will be able to see and hold your newborn.

What will happen after delivery?

Once the baby has been fully assessed, a pediatric surgeon will perform an operation in order to fix the intestinal atresia. The goal of this surgery is to remove the bowel obstruction and allow the digestive tract to be functional. However, depending on the location of the obstruction and the condition of the intestine, different types of operations may be necessary with the potential of having more than one surgery. This can only be determined by the pediatric surgeon during the operation.

Your surgeon will wait until there are signs of good bowel function before starting to feed the baby. Depending on the type of intestinal atresia and the operation performed, bowel function may occur in days to weeks. On average, it takes approximately two to three weeks before the intestinal tract functions fully.

Meanwhile, nutrition through a vein will be provided to the baby. The baby will receive all of the calories necessary to grow until he or she can be fed by mouth. Once bowel function returns, it will take a while before he or she can handle enough formula or breast milk to provide full nutrition. Your baby will likely be in the hospital for several weeks. Sometimes this can be much longer, depending on the degree of prematurity and the condition of the bowel.

What are the long-term outcomes and considerations?

The potential immediate complications after surgery include leaking from the repaired bowel connections, bleeding, and infection inside the abdomen and wound. The severity and treatment of these complications should be discussed with your pediatric surgeon if they occur.

The overall outcomes for most intestinal atresias are excellent depending on the type of atresia. Most infants may have minor intestinal problems in the first few weeks, but will recover and lead completely normal lives.

Fetal Intestinal Atresia

Oy. This is such a painful subject.
With that said....I would have done what was best for the child...not what was best for me...or worried what others would think of me due to my choice. I would not let an animal suffer pain any more than I would a baby. If I knew in advance my child was going to be born with a very painful and unoperable disease..it would not be born. Period. And to hell with what anyone thinks of that decision.

Going back to animals....I had a tenant when I was managing apartments, and she had a dog that HOWLED from pain. She was very old, could barely walk, only ate small bites of cat food from me when I went over to try to soothe her. Her owner couldn't/wouldn't put her down. Refused. SHE was at work. SHE didn't have to hear the howling all day. Finally I had enough. I told her if she didn't take that dog to the vet and have her put down to finally find some peace, I would do it myself and she can go fuck herself while suing me. And I meant it. She knew I meant it, and took her the next day to the vet to do it. She never spoke to me again, paid the rent via envelope, and moved a few weeks later. I was glad to see her go. Talk about a selfish bitch.

Just to clarify what the baby had is operable and does not have bad odds. This was an unusual situation.

Intestinal Atresia

What will happen at birth?

In most cases, a child with intestinal atresia will be born without any immediate problems. Afterwards, he or she will be taken to the neonatal intensive care unit. The neonatologists, specialized doctors for high-risk babies, will immediately assess your baby and begin appropriate treatment, if necessary. In most cases, you and your family will be able to see and hold your newborn.

What will happen after delivery?

Once the baby has been fully assessed, a pediatric surgeon will perform an operation in order to fix the intestinal atresia. The goal of this surgery is to remove the bowel obstruction and allow the digestive tract to be functional. However, depending on the location of the obstruction and the condition of the intestine, different types of operations may be necessary with the potential of having more than one surgery. This can only be determined by the pediatric surgeon during the operation.

Your surgeon will wait until there are signs of good bowel function before starting to feed the baby. Depending on the type of intestinal atresia and the operation performed, bowel function may occur in days to weeks. On average, it takes approximately two to three weeks before the intestinal tract functions fully.

Meanwhile, nutrition through a vein will be provided to the baby. The baby will receive all of the calories necessary to grow until he or she can be fed by mouth. Once bowel function returns, it will take a while before he or she can handle enough formula or breast milk to provide full nutrition. Your baby will likely be in the hospital for several weeks. Sometimes this can be much longer, depending on the degree of prematurity and the condition of the bowel.

What are the long-term outcomes and considerations?

The potential immediate complications after surgery include leaking from the repaired bowel connections, bleeding, and infection inside the abdomen and wound. The severity and treatment of these complications should be discussed with your pediatric surgeon if they occur.

The overall outcomes for most intestinal atresias are excellent depending on the type of atresia. Most infants may have minor intestinal problems in the first few weeks, but will recover and lead completely normal lives.

Fetal Intestinal Atresia

Jailan had no small intestine, doctors couldn't fix him...

This story is a few months old, but its incredibly sad. A little boy born with a defective small intestine. He had surgery, but doctors discovered that his entire small bowel had died, and as a result, he couldn't eat or drink, and there was nothing that could be done for him.
He was given high doses of morphine as he starved to death - after 13 days of life:

“On the 20th of April 2013 my sister went into labour three weeks early and my baby nephew was born at 1:30am on my daughter’s birthday.

“One week earlier my sister began having a few contractions so she went to the hospital. When a scan was performed the doctors noticed that the baby’s small intestine appeared to be blocked, so my sister was transferred to John Hunter Hospital. The surgeon said baby Jailan had bowel atresia and that when he was 12 hours old he would be sent to theatre to cut out the blockage and reattach the intestines. The doctor was confident, and assured us that he had performed this surgery numerous times with high success rates.

“We were upset that bub had to have surgery, but reassured that it was a relatively easy and fairly common operation.

Jailan's story: a life too short | Parent Exchange

If the condition had been discovered during the pregnancy, surely it would be kinder to abort Jailan than to give birth to him and watch him starve and die?
And surely it would be kinder for parents to have the option to euthanase their sick children, so they do not have to suffer like this?

Jailan may not have felt pain, given the morphine he was on, but his parents, and relatives had to stand by and watch him grow smaller and weaker, until finally, he died of starvation and dehydration.

I do not understand how some people consider this is a better death than a termination in the womb.

Sounds like the parents might have a lawsuit, why weren't they told early on, and what when wrong in the surgery?

Yes, but pet owners don't.

Vets don't own pets?

Of course they do, but I don't think we were referring specifically to vets treating their own animals, were we?

I know how to set a broken bone in a human, I learned it in First Aid training. It not only makes sense for everyone to know how to set a bone, it is perfectly legal. You are going to have a real hard time convincing me it is harder to set a bone on a dog than a human leg.

Last edited:
Hogwash. I worked at a pet grooming service. Some rich bitch got a dog that was dirty, matted and had a broken leg. She wanted the dog cleaned up before taking it to the vet, so this dog was crying, held up with a chain around its neck so it could be groomed, then thrown in the closet with heat and fans to dry its fur. I didn't know about it until I heard the howls from the "drying" closet. I called the ASPCA immediately...and the sheriff. Sheriff got there first...and pulled that dog out of that cage right away, and took it to the vet. They shut the grooming place down and I flipped the whole crew off as I walked out with the sheriff. The owner was fined for animal cruelty along with the staff. One month later...the business closed.

So yes..it IS against the law not to help an animal in distress.

That is different than treating a dog yourself.

By the way, I am willing to bet the rich bitch didn't get charged with anything.

Do you think she should have been charged?

no, I think somebody should take her into an alley, beat the crap out of her, making sure they break her leg in the process, and then take her to a salon to get a haircut before they take her to the hospital. But that would get me in trouble with the idiots that think government should deal with assholes.

Vets don't own pets?

Of course they do, but I don't think we were referring specifically to vets treating their own animals, were we?

I know how to set a broken bone in a human, I learned it in First Aid training. It is not makes sense for everyone to know how to set a bone, it is perfectly legal. You are going to have a real hard time convincing me it is harder to set a bone on a dog than a human leg.

Dogs do cooperate. My dogs vet has a nice scar on hiscarm from setting a dogs leg.

I know how to set a broken bone in a human, I learned it in First Aid training. It is not makes sense for everyone to know how to set a bone, it is perfectly legal. You are going to have a real hard time convincing me it is harder to set a bone on a dog than a human leg.

Dogs do cooperate. My dogs vet has a nice scar on hiscarm from setting a dogs leg.

If somebody set my broken leg without drugs I would probably bite them.

:cool:

He isn't being forced to be in pain. He was born with a condition that causes pain. It's nobody's fault. And when things like this happen, it still is not our job to say "that kid is suffering too much, KILL it!" Because everybody has different ideas of how much is too much.

The fact is, life can be quite painful. People all around us are dying slow painful deaths. That doesn't mean we should off them all. I don't know when people got it into their heads that every person has a *right* to live a completely pain-free life, devoid of all conflict and disappointment.

You don't have that right. The baby didn't have that right. NOBODY has that right. Life holds great joy, and great suffering. Through suffering, we learn, and one of the things we learn is that we should APPRECIATE life, and APPRECIATE the value of the most inconsequential things....and to APPRECIATE the capacity humans have to bear pain and adversity, to flower despite it, and to OVERCOME.

Starvation is by no means the worst death there is. I would prefer a long death via starvation to a quick death via dope. No you wouldn't. And to say its okay to starve a baby to death because you stupidly think you would rather go through that agony - gawd, you just get sicker and crazier every day. Call me crazy.Yes you are. You really really are. But that's my choice.

And nobody has the right to make it for me. Just as nobody has the right to make the choice for another human.Wrong. Parents make decisions for their children and adult children make decisions for incapacitated parents. Spouses make decisions for each other. In point of fact, these parents made the decision to starve their baby to death. Regardless of how incapacitated they are.

As for the dosage of morphine given to the starving baby - if enough were given to actually mask the horrendous pain of starvation, the baby would stop breathing.

These are medical professionals administering the morphine you fool. Not Marquis de Sade wannabes.

And the family have treasured memories of their whole time with Jailan.

From the story.

“During the time he spent with us he was surrounded by absolute love. We made sure he had more than just days in the hospital and he got to experience the fresh, cool air that descended upon the evenings, the warmth and brightness of the sun at the family picnic he was taken to, walks in the pram, a drive in the car that rhythmically rocked him to sleep, and the clear black night sky filled with brightly shining stars that looked down on him.

He was not in pain. The medical personnel made sure of it. And he was dearly loved for the few short days of his life.

Jailan4-660x495.jpg

Jailan's story: a life too short | Parent Exchange

They dont understand love of a baby. They are to selfish.

If somebody set my broken leg without drugs I would probably bite them.

:cool:

Had it done . Honestly I don't remember it. I did puke though. I remember that. Oh, and it was my arm.

dying for 10 days with narcotics to kill the pain in a hospice house is not my idea of a good way to go.

Who the fuck are you to deny a child life no mater how short? Are you God? Your Ego knows no bounds and your depravity no depth.

What about the quality of life a person has? Isn't this important to consider?

Tell me Noomi, in this example that you cited, what other quality of life would this newborn child have to compare its existence to?

How could it theoretically not know that this is all there is to what life is, and not exult that there even IS a state of being, that is, consciousness?

Having never known a feeling of being otherwise than what it is, how do you know it is so terrible?

Have you ever fasted?

I have. I can tell you, after the second day, hunger signils pretty much shut down.

So, your example of the child living in agony. . . it just doesn't make sense. You are projecting a state of mind you know absolutely nothing about. YOU ARE IMAGINING that you know what the state of existence of this newborn consciousness is like. What are you, some sort of omnipotent goddess?

I have a recommendation for you. See your health care provider. Tell them that you wish to fast. Then fast for a week. For every day that you fast, meditate on this issue for an hour. Then get back to us and tell us all about your wisdom.

1375649_375742832528354_1099732903_n.jpg

Last edited:
dying for 10 days with narcotics to kill the pain in a hospice house is not my idea of a good way to go.

Who the fuck are you to deny a child life no mater how short? Are you God? Your Ego knows no bounds and your depravity no depth.

You don't kill people because YOU question their *quality* of life.

The baby had a wonderful quality of life. So fuck off. Your whole abortion theme rotates around whether or not YOU are made uncomfortable by the thought of another person's discomfort, or *quality* of life. I don't suspect your quality of life is any higher than that of the baby's...should we off you?

You don't kill people because YOU question their *quality* of life.

The baby had a wonderful quality of life. So fuck off. Your whole abortion theme rotates around whether or not YOU are made uncomfortable by the thought of another person's discomfort, or *quality* of life. I don't suspect your quality of life is any higher than that of the baby's...should we off you?

i guess if we are offing people based on the quality of their life we should just teminate all the homeless, all the poor for that matter. any one who is sick, gone.

That is exactly the plan. Morons like Noomi buy into it. Just as moronic Germans bought into the lie that the world would be a better place if they eliminated all the retards, the genetically deficient, and Jews.

It's the exact same thing.

Forum List

Back