Why are Asians, the fastest growing minority in the US, abandoning the GOP?

Try this. You've got 10 fingers, 5 on each hand, right? Put up 7, that's all the fingers of one hand plus two from the other. Then take the two fingers down from the second had and you probably notice that you have fewer fingers.

Maybe you can figure it out now.

Wow, now your trying to make this about counting fingers? Sheesh...sadness
Did you try it? It really isn't that difficult.

Don't hijack the thread. Slick got only a bit more than 1/3 in 92, but there's no doubt a trend. And I don't really see why. The one issue I see is that No Kid's Azz Left Behind was unpopular with a lot of parents, and since 2000 the gop has been openly hostile to public education, with just recently choosing to not even fund Perkins Loans. And public education would naturally be an issue.

But others also point to liberal states just happening to have large Asian populations.

I've never really gotten why?

Asian-american voters make up 3% of the electorate. Hell, they don't even numerically qualify as a swing vote. Nothing to see here......move along.

Actually it is important. The gop had a near monopoly on the WH when CA was a solid gop state (Nixon and Reagan 4 elections out of 5).

Every minority embraced the Republican party at one time or another.

their rhetoric of rugged individualism and economic prosperity through hardwork--you know, the basic outline of the American dream, draws them in.

Then something happens. Minorities begin to flee from the GOP like a house on fire.

I guess the Asians are going to be the house help while Blacks work the fields on the Democratic plantation?

"their rhetoric of rugged individualism and economic prosperity through hardwork" - Most people find out that's a load of crap.

Most of the modern uber wealthy inherited their money and those in bygone past were cutthroats.
57921-Oprah-you-are-absolutely-right-Vu6s.gif

So embrace your demise white man and win silly elections or continue to hem and haw around it and lose them OR pick up a fucking gun and start shooting back. Pretty simple options.So far the cuckservatives are choosing to stick in the middle of A and B. Fortunately a lot more are seeing its either bring in a REAL conservative like Trump and try and change things are they are merely staying away from electoral politics and stocking up. A very small minority won the revolution...its gonna happen again. Just a matter of WHEN.

Forum List

Back