Why are "atheists" offended by "G-d" ?

bullshit! history is full of examples of committing heinous acts in the name of god..

Well, must be true because you said it.

Nevermind that atheistic ideologies have caused more death and suffering in the past 100 years than any religion has in the history of mankind.
again that's bullshit!

Saturday, July 6, 2013
What is Christianity? The bloodiest religion in history

Did more people die in the Crusades or in the godless Communist takoevers over the Russia (and the USSR), China, and others like Cuba (Castro), Pol Pot, and many many more.

If you don't believe that G-d exists, then why are you offended and afraid of mentioning His name? Why most we all bow down before you politically correct bullshit of omitting G-d? Since you don't believe in G-d, you shouldn't care whether we mention His name or not.

They are not afraid of God being mentioned, what atheists do not like is people's insistence that God exists being rammed down their throats.

And just how is a simple invocation "ramming" this down anyone's throat. Everyone has options. They don't need to attend the event, knowing that an invocation usually precedes said event. They can come into the event after the invocation has been said. They can politely remain quiet until the invocation has been intoned and then enjoy the event. No one is forced to pray along. Maybe they would volunteer to lead the group in whatever they prefer to initiate an event next time around.
Ramming something down another's throat is more like using the power of government like a brickbat to beat everyone you do not agree with into submission and silence.

If you don't believe that G-d exists, then why are you offended and afraid of mentioning His name? Why most we all bow down before you politically correct bullshit of omitting G-d? Since you don't believe in G-d, you shouldn't care whether we mention His name or not.

They are not afraid of God being mentioned, what atheists do not like is people's insistence that God exists being rammed down their throats.

I think it's because Christians keep talking about how God hates sin and they themselves keep sinning. They are hypocrites, not men of God.

Some feel a necessity to survive because they feel it is a matter of survival and it is an us vs them mentality.

Others feel insecure and if they wanted theyir scientific / anti God research to be taken credible then they have to get rid of all the Christians.

If you want a job in paleontology, you pretty much can't be a Christian because they won't hire you.
I'll bet you'll find that the majority of US scientists are Christians. In Israel, you'll find that the majority of scientists are Jews. In India, you'll probably find that the majority of scientists are Hindu.

Christians aren't prevented from using the rules of science to investigate our universe.

On the other hand, if some Christian wants to insist on using the rules of his/her religion to investigate the universe, then it's unlikely to pass as science for obvious reasons.

Fewer than 10% of Swedes attend church. I would guess the proportion of scientists going to church, for anything other than funerals or weddings, is close to 0%. But why should this surprise anyone? Science deals with data and reason; religion with superstition and 'faith'. They are polar opposites.

Some feel a necessity to survive because they feel it is a matter of survival and it is an us vs them mentality.

Others feel insecure and if they wanted theyir scientific / anti God research to be taken credible then they have to get rid of all the Christians.

If you want a job in paleontology, you pretty much can't be a Christian because they won't hire you.
I'll bet you'll find that the majority of US scientists are Christians. In Israel, you'll find that the majority of scientists are Jews. In India, you'll probably find that the majority of scientists are Hindu.

Christians aren't prevented from using the rules of science to investigate our universe.

On the other hand, if some Christian wants to insist on using the rules of his/her religion to investigate the universe, then it's unlikely to pass as science for obvious reasons.

Fewer than 10% of Swedes attend church. I would guess the proportion of scientists going to church, for anything other than funerals or weddings, is close to 0%. But why should this surprise anyone? Science deals with data and reason; religion with superstition and 'faith'. They are polar opposites.

Both religious people and scientists look for the Truth but religious people are satisfied with their false gods. Scientists aren't satisfied yet so they keep searching for something they will never find.

The Truth is something that is given to us saints, not religious people or scientists.

you've missed the point wasn't it you who said that most scientists are christian?
I posted that piece to correct your false assumption.
OK - you can have that point. I don't see it as worth looking into.

Even if there are very few Christians in science it wouldn't mean that science does anything to exclude those who have that religious belief.

All you have to do to be a scientist is to exclusively follow the rules of science when claiming to be doing science. And, nothing in these rules of science refers to religion in any way. Plus, no result of science can possibly indicate whether or not there is a God.

Science and religion are just two separate realms as a couple popes have put it.
bullshit!
there is no evidence either way proving or disproving the existence of god.
so your statement is a false assumption based on false premise.
I'm always curious when people call BS and then parrot what I said.

But, it's the internets...

Why do the religious need to force their god on other people?

Based on your statement, it is obvious that one cannot force their God on another, Although, I understand that someone may give a crap enough about you to try to save you from one miserable existence.

Why are creationists offended by science?

Both religious people and scientists look for the Truth but religious people are satisfied with their false gods. Scientists aren't satisfied yet so they keep searching for something they will never find.

The Truth is something that is given to us saints, not religious people or scientists.
It's a mistake to rate science against finding some sort of absolute truth.

It would be as crazy as suggesting Marco Polo was useless because he didn't document north and south America or map Micronesia.

Science is a process that nobody thinks will ever end. Ending wasn't ever the objective.

Why do some "Christians" insist upon endlessly needling non-believers...?

Im not aware of anyone banging kids in the name of God.

Its bad enough to excuse their actions but to play word games so you can help the catholic church hide their child predators is just so far beyond mere reprehensible. You're just disgusting. You're done this before. And, right after, you preach some more.

And, in case you forgot, its not just the papes.

Some morms are known for being child predators too.

Some are even doing time in prison for child rape.
yes and mormons are chrisitans .

Well, must be true because you said it.

Nevermind that atheistic ideologies have caused more death and suffering in the past 100 years than any religion has in the history of mankind.
again that's bullshit!

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Did more people die in the Crusades or in the godless Communist takoevers over the Russia (and the USSR), China, and others like Cuba (Castro), Pol Pot, and many many more.

That is hard to say..might have to go with non religious but its a silly point. People kill in the name of god and noy in the name of god.

again that's bullshit!

Saturday, July 6, 2013

That is hard to say..might have to go with non religious but its a silly point. People kill in the name of god and noy in the name of god.

People kill in the name of whatever in order to Steal from the conquered.

For instance, White Progressives have murdered over 20,000,000 black babies since Roe V Wade, while plundering their communities into total desolation and poverty --- Chicago and Detroit for example...

I'm not offended, not afraid and don't care. :)

Why are creationists offended by science?

Since I'm a Physics major, isn't the claim that the "Big Bang came from nothing" and the WMAP (Last Scattering) and the formation of Primordial Galaxies identical to the following and MOST ACCURATE translation of the Torah (from Old Hebrew):

In the beginning was the idea and the idea was God.

And the earth was without form, and void; and no object, nor measure, nor thing existed excepting the idea of the spirit. And the Spirit of God said I wish to exist as existence.

And God thought, Let there be existence: and there was existence as the infinite dream of potential.

And God saw the dream of infinite potential, that it was good: and God divided the dream from himself, the dreamer.

And God called the dream the universe, and the infinite dreamer he called ALL. And the cleaving of existence, of the universe and ALL were the first age.

And God said, Let there be the heavens of stars and their kin in the midst of the void of universal space, and let it divide the space from the substance of stars.

And God made the stars, and divided the matter which was around the stars from the stars; and it was so.

What is G-d?
Is that like God?

I could care less if you mention God or G-d.

No that's like a troll trying to stir up crap. I have met many athiests and none of them were scared of saying God.

Forum List

Back