Why are "atheists" offended by "G-d" ?

That is hard to say..might have to go with non religious but its a silly point. People kill in the name of god and noy in the name of god.

People kill in the name of whatever in order to Steal from the conquered.

For instance, White Progressives have murdered over 20,000,000 black babies since Roe V Wade, while plundering their communities into total desolation and poverty --- Chicago and Detroit for example...

Ah you took a rational conversation and went full retard..

Are you claiming that Chicago and Detroit do not match my description?

People kill in the name of whatever in order to Steal from the conquered.

For instance, White Progressives have murdered over 20,000,000 black babies since Roe V Wade, while plundering their communities into total desolation and poverty --- Chicago and Detroit for example...

No Im claiming you are a retard and will not give your answer any real serious thought because it doesnt deserve validation.

btw there is only one internet

Actually there is more than one. The internet you and I are using is little more than a convergence of networks that make up the visible world wide web. There is also a vast sea of "dark Internet" or "deep web".

The very first form of inter-networking was ARPANET, which was used by the U.S. military. After that there was also the NPL in the U.K., Merit Network, X.25, FidoNet, UUCP, Usenet, Milnet, NSFNet, and a plethora of other forms of networking, some of which are still in existence.

Or we could go with this stupid answer.

Why did the Soviet Union and other communist nations ban Christianity?

The Russians probably did because they were reacting to centuries of theocratic oppression.

And the French after the Bastille.....

When a church aligns itself with the ancien regime, they fall together. Christians with theocratic leanings never learn. But then again, are Christians aligned with wealth and power really Christians?

No Im claiming you are a retard and will not give your answer any real serious thought because it doesnt deserve validation.

I don't think you have to worry about being accused of giving him or anyone else real serious thought. After all, not everyone can be you.

If you don't believe that G-d exists, then why are you offended and afraid of mentioning His name? Why most we all bow down before you politically correct bullshit of omitting G-d? Since you don't believe in G-d, you shouldn't care whether we mention His name or not.

They are not afraid of God being mentioned, what atheists do not like is people's insistence that God exists being rammed down their throats.

No one can force you to serve your Heavenly Father.

But I find it odd that you have to go into a religious forum to protest hearing about God, when no one ever forced you to come to the forum.

Most aren't. Some are just fools.

And yet another arrogant Christian.

I'm arrogant for defending atheists and saying most aren't offended by God?

And those who are offended by God are fools. How is it arrogant to tell the truth? Only a fool would be offended by a being they don't believe exists. It's absurd. I don't believe in the tootfairy. I would be complete moron to be offended by the toothfairy when I don't believe in them.

Heck, it's foolish enough to be offended by people I know exist.

But please, if you find a flaw in my reasoning, please tell me where I am wrong. I cannot correct myself if all you do is call me names.

Why do the religious need to force their god on other people?

Based on your statement, it is obvious that one cannot force their God on another, Although, I understand that someone may give a crap enough about you to try to save you from one miserable existence.
thanks you for the fine example of forcing your belief on another..
you have no way of knowing if rightwinger or any one else's life is "miserable" you are making a judgement based on a bias that your belief is somehow superior to someone else's.
that is the essence of forcing your god or faith on another.

How is belief forced?

They are not afraid of God being mentioned, what atheists do not like is people's insistence that God exists being rammed down their throats.

And just how is a simple invocation "ramming" this down anyone's throat. Everyone has options. They don't need to attend the event, knowing that an invocation usually precedes said event. They can come into the event after the invocation has been said. They can politely remain quiet until the invocation has been intoned and then enjoy the event. No one is forced to pray along. Maybe they would volunteer to lead the group in whatever they prefer to initiate an event next time around.
Ramming something down another's throat is more like using the power of government like a brickbat to beat everyone you do not agree with into submission and silence.

That's the point.

There have been times in the past when I've been polite and quiet while people around me practiced all sorts of weird rituals, mumbling incantations, playing with their magic smoke and magic water. I haven't been inside one of those freaky buildings in a lot of years. I leave them to the superstitions and terrified believers.

So why won't they leave me alone?

So you openly admit your ignorance on the topic, yet here you are, posting as if you were an expert. Imagine that. :cuckoo:

Based on your statement, it is obvious that one cannot force their God on another, Although, I understand that someone may give a crap enough about you to try to save you from one miserable existence.
you have no way of knowing if rightwinger or any one else's life is "miserable" you are making a judgement based on a bias that your belief is somehow superior to someone else's.

Is your belief that there isn't any creator superior to my belief that there is?

Do you think in Muddley's post below that he is showing that his beliefs are superior by using the adjectives that he did? Is he being judgmental at all? Is he arrogant?

Do you really believe anyone is 'bothering' him? I think he's a liar. I don't think anyone 'bothers' him about what he does or doesn't believe? Who would really care??

That's the point.

There have been times in the past when I've been polite and quiet while people around me practiced all sorts of weird rituals, mumbling incantations, playing with their magic smoke and magic water. I haven't been inside one of those freaky buildings in a lot of years. I leave them to the superstitions and terrified believers.

I spell it g-d cus its my choice to do so you have your choice i have mine
never say that word unless its in a cursing fashion
which g-d is that word supposed to represent ? there are thousands of them
when saying the pledge as i often have to, i either dont speak that sentence or say under dog
i prefer the pledge as it was oringinally written but once again religious bigots have stolen something which is for all citizens and made it **their** own

what differnce does it make what i say when i use the word g-d?
anyone can use it as they choice NOBODY OWNS IT let me do the same

Last edited:
I'm always curious when people call BS and then parrot what I said.

But, it's the internets...
then you might want to learn to read ..."Plus, no result of science can possibly indicate whether or not there is a God"-WillReadmore
is the above quote yours?
it is false...
Yes, science can not indicate whether or not there is a god.

The "internets" thing is a stale political joke - sorry.
neither can faith.

How is belief forced?

Is your belief that there isn't any creator superior to my belief that there is?
it's not a contest...it's ignorant and pretentious to do so.
also my not believing is the direct opposite of you belief.. the two are not comparable...

Do you think in Muddley's post below that he is showing that his beliefs are superior by using the adjectives that he did? Is he being judgmental at all? Is he arrogant?

Do you really believe anyone is 'bothering' him? I think he's a liar. I don't think anyone 'bothers' him about what he does or doesn't believe? Who would really care??

That's the point.

I spell it g-d cus its my choice to do so you have your choice i have mine
never say that word unless its in a cursing fashion
which g-d is that word supposed to represent ? there are thousands of them
when saying the pledge as i often have to, i either dont speak that sentence or say under dog
i prefer the pledge as it was oringinally written but once again religious bigots have stolen something which is for all citizens and made it **their** own

what differnce does it make what i say when i use the word g-d?
anyone can use it as they choice NOBODY OWNS IT let me do the same

it's not a contest...it's ignorant and pretentious to do so.
also my not believing is the direct opposite of you belief.. the two are not comparable...

Bullshit! :lol: You absolutely believe that you are of superior intellect because you don't believe in 'fairy tales'. Your arrogance shows in every post. Pot meet kettle.

That's the point.

Yeah, just what I thought, won't own up to your hypocrisy. :cool:

then you might want to learn to read ..."Plus, no result of science can possibly indicate whether or not there is a God"-WillReadmore
is the above quote yours?
it is false...
Yes, science can not indicate whether or not there is a god.

The "internets" thing is a stale political joke - sorry.
neither can faith.

I humbly disagree. Becaues Those who have faith can have personal experiences with God. When you have a personal experience with God, you know He is there.

That's precisely why I am always encouraging people to pray. Because when they pray in faith, they can recieve a witness of the Holy Spirit. No man can know the things of the Spirit except by the Spirit.

Forum List

Back