Why are "atheists" offended by "G-d" ?

Is your belief that there isn't any creator superior to my belief that there is?
it's not a contest...it's ignorant and pretentious to do so.
also my not believing is the direct opposite of you belief.. the two are not comparable...

Bullshit! :lol: You absolutely believe that you are of superior intellect because you don't believe in 'fairy tales'. Your arrogance shows in every post. Pot meet kettle.

Do you believe you have a superior intellect to Muslims?

also my not believing is the direct opposite of you belief.. the two are not comparable...

Bullshit! :lol: You absolutely believe that you are of superior intellect because you don't believe in 'fairy tales'. Your arrogance shows in every post. Pot meet kettle.

Do you believe you have a superior intellect to Muslims?

I don't base lack of intellect on belief in any religion or non belief, they have nothing to do with each other. Some atheists, on the other hand, while spouting arrogance out of their mouths, are the worst offenders. They prove it with every post they make.

Yes, science can not indicate whether or not there is a god.

The "internets" thing is a stale political joke - sorry.
neither can faith.

I humbly disagree. Becaues Those who have faith can have personal experiences with God. When you have a personal experience with God, you know He is there.

That's precisely why I am always encouraging people to pray. Because when they pray in faith, they can recieve a witness of the Holy Spirit. No man can know the things of the Spirit except by the Spirit.

It sounds as if you're saying that in order to have proof of God one has to believe in God. To me that is putting to cart before the horse. It seems as though one should follow wherever the evidence leads, and not jump (or leap) to conclusions based on insufficient evidence. When one is convinced of the answer already, looking for evidence to support that answer is simply confirmation bias.

Is your belief that there isn't any creator superior to my belief that there is?

false! on the other hand being more intellectual then you is easy,

Based on your statement, it is obvious that one cannot force their God on another, Although, I understand that someone may give a crap enough about you to try to save you from one miserable existence.
thanks you for the fine example of forcing your belief on another..
you have no way of knowing if rightwinger or any one else's life is "miserable" you are making a judgement based on a bias that your belief is somehow superior to someone else's.
that is the essence of forcing your god or faith on another.

I think you misunderstand atheism, or non-theism. It isn't that atheism denies any possible existence of a higher power, its that atheists are not convinced there is a god because there is insufficient evidence supporting that conclusion. So to us, the jury is still out on this case.

Yes, there are antitheists, but they are as dogmatic in their belief that there can be no god as the religious who believe there must be a god. Neither have evidence to support their positions.

Dogma is the enemy of learning and open-mindedness.

Do you think in Muddley's post below that he is showing that his beliefs are superior by using the adjectives that he did? Is he being judgmental at all? Is he arrogant?

Do you really believe anyone is 'bothering' him? I think he's a liar. I don't think anyone 'bothers' him about what he does or doesn't believe? Who would really care??

Yeah, just what I thought, won't own up to your hypocrisy. :cool:
you keep believing that, it wouldn't be the first you were absolutely wrong

Yes, science can not indicate whether or not there is a god.

The "internets" thing is a stale political joke - sorry.
neither can faith.

I humbly disagree. Becaues Those who have faith can have personal experiences with God. When you have a personal experience with God, you know He is there.

That's precisely why I am always encouraging people to pray. Because when they pray in faith, they can recieve a witness of the Holy Spirit. No man can know the things of the Spirit except by the Spirit.
bullshit! there 's nothing humble about it.

what you describe is completely subjective..because faith is subjective.
why is that such a tough concept for believers?

If you don't believe that G-d exists, then why are you offended and afraid of mentioning His name? Why most we all bow down before you politically correct bullshit of omitting G-d? Since you don't believe in G-d, you shouldn't care whether we mention His name or not.

Why are creationists offended by science?

Since I'm a Physics major, isn't the claim that the "Big Bang came from nothing" and the WMAP (Last Scattering) and the formation of Primordial Galaxies identical to the following and MOST ACCURATE translation of the Torah (from Old Hebrew):

In the beginning was the idea and the idea was God.

And the earth was without form, and void; and no object, nor measure, nor thing existed excepting the idea of the spirit. And the Spirit of God said I wish to exist as existence.

And God thought, Let there be existence: and there was existence as the infinite dream of potential.

And God saw the dream of infinite potential, that it was good: and God divided the dream from himself, the dreamer.

And God called the dream the universe, and the infinite dreamer he called ALL. And the cleaving of existence, of the universe and ALL were the first age.

And God said, Let there be the heavens of stars and their kin in the midst of the void of universal space, and let it divide the space from the substance of stars.

And God made the stars, and divided the matter which was around the stars from the stars; and it was so.

No, it isn't. The most accurate description we have of the big bang is the theory itself. The vagueness of Genesis can not be described even as accurate because it is so vague.

The Big Bang Theory does not claim that everything came from nothing. It only claims that the universe as we currently understand it through the standard model came from a singularity.

If you don't believe that G-d exists, then why are you offended and afraid of mentioning His name? Why most we all bow down before you politically correct bullshit of omitting G-d? Since you don't believe in G-d, you shouldn't care whether we mention His name or not.

I don't care if you mention god, but I do care government officials operating in an official capacity mention god. Why should my taxes be used to propagate ideas I object to?

I'm sorry but when one lives in a democracy, one's taxes almost assuredly will be used to propagate ideas to which one objects. It would only not be that way if everyone in the state agrees on everything or one happens to agree with everything the state decrees.

I don't care if you mention god, but I do care government officials operating in an official capacity mention god. Why should my taxes be used to propagate ideas I object to?

I'm sorry but when one lives in a democracy, one's taxes almost assuredly will be used to propagate ideas to which one objects. It would only not be that way if everyone in the state agrees on everything or one happens to agree with everything the state decrees.
wouldn't that be the end of democracy?

Well, must be true because you said it.

Nevermind that atheistic ideologies have caused more death and suffering in the past 100 years than any religion has in the history of mankind.
again that's bullshit!

Saturday, July 6, 2013
What is Christianity? The bloodiest religion in history

Did more people die in the Crusades or in the godless Communist takoevers over the Russia (and the USSR), China, and others like Cuba (Castro), Pol Pot, and many many more.

People were killed in Russia because of Stalinism not religion. People were killed in China because of Maoism not atheism. People in Cuba were kille because of political dissent. And the Khmer Rouge killed millions because of anti-intellectualism and political and social dissent, not atheism. Please review all of the relevant history and facts before coming to conclusions.

again that's bullshit!

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Did more people die in the Crusades or in the godless Communist takoevers over the Russia (and the USSR), China, and others like Cuba (Castro), Pol Pot, and many many more.

People were killed in Russia because of Stalinism not religion. People were killed in China because of Maoism not atheism. People in Cuba were kille because of political dissent. And the Khmer Rouge killed millions because of anti-intellectualism and political and social dissent, not atheism. Please review all of the relevant history and facts before coming to conclusions.
that would entail an objective pov , don't hold your breath.

First you claim 'false', and then go and ruin it by making a statement afterwards that negates it. Funny stuff!! :cuckoo:

again that's bullshit!

Saturday, July 6, 2013

All of which are atheistic idealogies. In fact, their anti-theism is a major dogma of all those idealogies.

But i understand you guys want to completely ignore that. It makes the "All religious are evil but atheism is good" nonsense you guys are trying to convince yourselves of unbelievable.

thanks you for the fine example of forcing your belief on another..
you have no way of knowing if rightwinger or any one else's life is "miserable" you are making a judgement based on a bias that your belief is somehow superior to someone else's.
that is the essence of forcing your god or faith on another.

I think you misunderstand atheism, or non-theism. It isn't that atheism denies any possible existence of a higher power, its that atheists are not convinced there is a god because there is insufficient evidence supporting that conclusion. So to us, the jury is still out on this case.

Yes, there are antitheists, but they are as dogmatic in their belief that there can be no god as the religious who believe there must be a god. Neither have evidence to support their positions.

Dogma is the enemy of learning and open-mindedness.

Your attempt at explanation is heart warming, but I don't misunderstand anything. ;) I can read with my own eyes all of the threads and posts on here made by atheists calling people of faith every perjorative relating to 'stupid' that they can find. My post was not about atheism in general, it was specifically about the people posting in this thread with ironic accusations of arrogance when they really should be looking in the mirror while giving their lecture.

neither can faith.

It sounds as if you're saying that in order to have proof of God one has to believe in God. To me that is putting to cart before the horse. It seems as though one should follow wherever the evidence leads, and not jump (or leap) to conclusions based on insufficient evidence. When one is convinced of the answer already, looking for evidence to support that answer is simply confirmation bias.

Actually, belief always comes before knowledge. You have to believe you can understand calculus before you can understand it. You have to believe you can understand the laws of nature before you can learn any of the sciences. It's a natural law.

I didn't always know there was a God. But I reasoned that if there was a God, I could experiment on the word and He would let me know some way. He did. I know that there is a God in heaven because I was willing to experiment on belief.

But you guys don't want to do any work or experiment. Not sure why. All knowledge must be obtained by faith. Otherwise, why would anyone work to obtain it?

You don't have to be scared. You can let go. Even if all you can do is believe that it could be possible, that's enough faith to start the ball rolling.

First you claim 'false', and then go and ruin it by making a statement afterwards that negates it. Funny stuff!! :cuckoo:
ahh no... guess a two part answer is beyond your pay grade.
still trying to make this a competition are we.?

All of which are atheistic idealogies. In fact, their anti-theism is a major dogma of all those idealogies.

But i understand you guys want to completely ignore that. It makes the "All religious are evil but atheism is good" nonsense you guys are trying to convince yourselves of unbelievable.

Anti-theism was part of these ideologies but not the bedrock nor were these people killed in the cause of spreading anti-theism. Stalin was insane, and arguably so was Pol Pot and Mao: and if they weren't the system of government they set up was insane. All of those people were killed or died as a result of insanity, corruption, paranoia, unethical governmental systems, inefficiency, and sadism and sociopathy. Some were killed because of religion. Some were killed because of anti-theism

But not because of atheism which is simply "not convinced there is a god"". How can one zealously kill in the name of uncertainty?

neither can faith.

bullshit! there 's nothing humble about it.

what you describe is completely subjective..because faith is subjective.
why is that such a tough concept for believers?

So because you declare something subjective, means it's not true?

You really don't have to be afraid. It's alright not to know everything. It's alright to believe in sound principles until you learn they are good. It's alright to learn here a little and there a little.

God really does love you. I know you don't believe in Him, but He believes in you. And when you are ready He will heal you.

again that's bullshit!

Saturday, July 6, 2013

What did they all have in common? Hmmm... Atheism??? Only the state is worthy of worship, something has to fill the gap, and make no mistake, when you take away faith, there is a gap. That's exactly why it was removed from every regime you mentioned, to specifically replace it with the state.

Forum List

Back