🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why are Christie weight jokes/criticism okay but Hillary health criticism not okay?

Super_Lantern

VIP Member
Jun 2, 2013
To the left: why are you so hypocritical on your Hillary protection? Age was fine to attack Mccain and Dole with, but you act like it's sexist to raise health and age concerns with Hillary

To the left: why are you so hypocritical on your Hillary protection? Age was fine to attack Mccain and Dole with, but you act like it's sexist to raise health and age concerns with Hillary

It's just part of the game and they're playing their role.

There are two more years until 2016. From Hillary's recent weight gain she could easily give Christie a run in the weight department. She looks like a nervous Eater who deals with stress by stuffing her face. By election day she will need her own zip code.

I don't think I remember any high ranking Democratic strategists commenting about Christie's weight on any talk shows.

I could be wrong, though.

Why did Karl Rove say in 2008 that making an issue of McCain's age was reprehensible?

Let's start with that hypocrisy...

...fair enough?

Why did Karl Rove say in 2008 that making an issue of McCain's age was reprehensible?

...fair enough?

His comment didn't stop the left from highlighting McCain's age...his response probably just brought more attention to it. The same will happen with Hillary...it will continue, and responding will just assist in keeping it a focus.

...fair enough?

You do know that virtually no one on the right gives a shit about what Rove says....just look at his track record of Republican's he backed in 2012 and you'll understand why we don't care about what that jackass says!

...fair enough?

But before all that the left was using age as criticism against Dole

Still Running - Is Age-Bashing Any Way to Beat Bob Dole? - NYTimes.com

Link the folks telling jokes.

Link the folks telling jokes.

Too lazy to use google if you really think weight criticism isn't something he faces?

rs_634x842-131108073108-634.Chris-Christie-Time-Magazine-Elephant.jl.110813.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?q=chr...sm&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&safe=active

...fair enough?

You cited the NY times criticizing some pretty soft blows to Bob Doles age. Those attacks don't even come close to the level of attacks against Clinton in that election.

Remarks re Moseley Braun and Clinton[edit]

In a widely publicized incident on July 22, 1993, Carol Moseley Braun, the first black woman in the Senate and the only black Senator at the time, reported that Helms deliberately sought to offend her by singing "Dixie" in her presence.[227][227][228][229] After Moseley Braun persuaded the Senate to vote against Helms's amendment to extend the patent of the United Daughters of the Confederacy insignia, which included the Confederate flag, Helms ran into Moseley Braun in an elevator.[227] Helms turned to Senator Orrin Hatch and said, "Watch me make her cry. I'm going to make her cry. I'm going to sing 'Dixie' until she cries."[230] He then proceeded to sing the song about "the good life" during slavery to Moseley Braun.[231][232] In 1999, Helms unsuccessfully attempted to block Moseley Braun's nomination to be United States Ambassador to New Zealand.[227]

In 1994, Helms created a sensation when he told broadcasters Rowland Evans and Robert Novak that Clinton was "not up" to the tasks of being commander-in-chief, and suggested two days later, on the anniversary of John F. Kennedy's assassination, that Clinton "better not show up around here [Fort Bragg] without a bodyguard".[233] Helms said Clinton was so unpopular and said he had not meant it as a threat.Jesse Helms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That was a sitting Senator.

Liberal double standard. "I can do it but you can't".

I am sure you have a link, right?
I don't need a link, Swallow. Bill Clinton and his attack squad relentlessly pummeled Bob Dole in '96 on his age and competence. Now he thinks it's unfair to raise questions about Hillary, who will be 69 in 2016, with possible brain damage. I call that a double standard. You know it's true and it makes you look like a disingenuous hack to deny it.

...fair enough?

You cited the NY times criticizing some pretty soft blows to Bob Doles age. Those attacks don't even come close to the level of attacks against Clinton in that election.

Remarks re Moseley Braun and Clinton[edit]

In a widely publicized incident on July 22, 1993, Carol Moseley Braun, the first black woman in the Senate and the only black Senator at the time, reported that Helms deliberately sought to offend her by singing "Dixie" in her presence.[227][227][228][229] After Moseley Braun persuaded the Senate to vote against Helms's amendment to extend the patent of the United Daughters of the Confederacy insignia, which included the Confederate flag, Helms ran into Moseley Braun in an elevator.[227] Helms turned to Senator Orrin Hatch and said, "Watch me make her cry. I'm going to make her cry. I'm going to sing 'Dixie' until she cries."[230] He then proceeded to sing the song about "the good life" during slavery to Moseley Braun.[231][232] In 1999, Helms unsuccessfully attempted to block Moseley Braun's nomination to be United States Ambassador to New Zealand.[227]

In 1994, Helms created a sensation when he told broadcasters Rowland Evans and Robert Novak that Clinton was "not up" to the tasks of being commander-in-chief, and suggested two days later, on the anniversary of John F. Kennedy's assassination, that Clinton "better not show up around here [Fort Bragg] without a bodyguard".[233] Helms said Clinton was so unpopular and said he had not meant it as a threat.Jesse Helms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That was a sitting Senator.

And what office does Rove hold as a "high ranking republican"?

Forum List

Back