Why are civilians being told not to help in hurricane relief?

Just go around them

Go through them
I suspect some will do just that. But most Americans are law abiding and won't seriously challenge authority. They figure they can't help at all if they are in jail and some have been threatened with arrest.

But again watching the 'non woke' news last night, rescue efforts are not going nearly as well as what FEMA and their dutiful and obedient MSM are reporting.

To me it is incomprehensible. Buttigieg has apparently stopped all civilian airplanes, helicopters and drones from being able to help with the hurricane search, rescue or help restore the supply chain. And now they're apparently stopping Elon Musk/Trump from helping provide communications with Starlink. How in the world does a good government stop good people from stepping up to help? For what purpose?

The FEMA website gushes glowing reports of all the wonderful and effective work they are doing in the Hurricane relief even as Mayorkas said FEMA is out of money--at least until he was instructed to stop saying it--while those on the ground on Day 8 after the hurricane first hit say they haven't seen FEMA personnel anywhere and the body count continues to pile up. Would the government lie on their FEMA website?

So what's going on? What is the Administration trying to hide? From the outside it looks like they are desperate to hide their incompetence, ineffectiveness and downright malfeasance in carrying out their responsibilities.

Because they're American. The Democrats only help and spend money on those coming across the Southern border. That's why the US needs the likes of Trump, someone who wants to put America first.

We still have plenty of private initiatives taking food and supplies up there from South Carolina, and warm clothing for when it gets cold there before too long. The dimtard administration is absolutely fubar, these prople need immediate help.
NGOs to the rescue. Donate to them.

Screenshot_20241005-160832.jpg

Because they'll clog up the search and relief efforts. It ain't helping....if you're just getting in the way. The sentiment is nice but it's just a hinderance. Think the civilians hunting the shark in small boats in "Jaws". :)
Send money, send provisions (if asked).
Bullshit. Private search efforts are saving people.

I suspect some will do just that. But most Americans are law abiding and won't seriously challenge authority. They figure they can't help at all if they are in jail and some have been threatened with arrest.

But again watching the 'non woke' news last night, rescue efforts are not going nearly as well as what FEMA and their dutiful and obedient MSM are reporting.
I don't see where search and rescue is part of FEMA's duties. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't see where search and rescue is part of FEMA's duties. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I think it is part of it.

And my understanding is they organize, coordinate and direct search and rescue teams in rural areas as needed but those teams are usually volunteer fire and rescue teams and not FEMA personnel.

It is absolutely laughable how FEMA and the left wing media is gushing over how wonderful FEMA is. Those reporting from the disaster zone and right wing media are reporting a much different situation.

Now FEMA/Mayorkas is saying that the migrant assistance fund is separate from disaster relief and they didn't spend any disaster relief on migrants. So why was there so very much in the disaster fund and a single hurricane depleted the disaster funds?

For sure the critics may be overstating issues--I honestly don't know--but I am convinced neither is FEMA bragging on itself entirely honest either. Someday maybe we will all know.

Yes, they are. But in the first days after the rain stopped, the airspace was dangerous. So they restricted civilian aircraft/drones.
How was it “dangerous” Floating debris in the air? Media made it up, on ground reports if just One Helicopter per hour up in the air

How was it “dangerous” Floating debris in the air? Media made it up, on ground reports if just One Helicopter per hour up in the air
Ummmm huh? Helicopters and planes flying all over the place… drones getting in their way…

How stupid are you?

Actually, there were several close calls. Probably a good idea to restrict airspace. However, boats don't operate in airspace.

Forum List

Back