Why are conservatives clueless about our Constitution?

Conservatives wrap themselves in the Constitution and act like they are the only ones concerned with the founders principles in crafting this great document

The key component of our Constitution that Conservatives have declared war on is the idea of compromise. Our founders created a form of governent that was built on the assumption that there would be compromise. Congressmen and Senators must compromise with each other to craft a bill and get it passed....

I will give you this if you will give me that

That is how our government has functioned for hundreds of years. Instead, Conservatives have instituted a policy of....If I don't get my way, nothing will get done

That attitude is an insult to our founders who formed our very government out of compromise

The Constitution built a government with multiple checks and balances. It was MADE to be confrontational and they wanted it to be extremely difficult to pass laws. They realized that government will feed itself and grant itself as much power as it can grab. They worked very hard to set up a system where that would be difficult. And it worked for about 100 years. Then the corruptocrats began their work, and we see the result now.

You bring up checks and balances but ignore how those checks and balances are resolved

They are resolved by COMPROMISE.
The President will advocate legislation but must compromise with Congress to get that legislation passed
Congress may pass legislation but must compromise to avoid a presidential veto

Unlike what our board conservatives are preaching....GRIDLOCK was not the intent of our founders
gridlock is exactly what the framers wanted when there was not a sufficient consensus to pass a bill

Bullshit

What happens when there is insufficient consensus to pass a bill? The bill is amended, parts are taken out, new passages are added. Tradeoffs are made......I will give you this if you will give me that

Our Constitutional process is built on COMPROMISE and has been destroyed by conservatives

The Constitution itself was a great compromise. Nobody got their way. Congress itself was a compromise in creating two houses

Our political structure, as it exists today, would be incapable of drafting a Constitution
So?

We are not trying to write a Constitution are we?

Do you really believe that the mere passing of legislation is the answer to everything?

Sometimes doing nothing is the best remedy.

Conservatives wrap themselves in the Constitution and act like they are the only ones concerned with the founders principles in crafting this great document

The key component of our Constitution that Conservatives have declared war on is the idea of compromise. Our founders created a form of governent that was built on the assumption that there would be compromise. Congressmen and Senators must compromise with each other to craft a bill and get it passed....

That is how our government has functioned for hundreds of years. Instead, Conservatives have instituted a policy of....If I don't get my way, nothing will get done

That attitude is an insult to our founders who formed our very government out of compromise

The Constitution built a government with multiple checks and balances. It was MADE to be confrontational and they wanted it to be extremely difficult to pass laws. They realized that government will feed itself and grant itself as much power as it can grab. They worked very hard to set up a system where that would be difficult. And it worked for about 100 years. Then the corruptocrats began their work, and we see the result now.

You bring up checks and balances but ignore how those checks and balances are resolved

The President will advocate legislation but must compromise with Congress to get that legislation passed

Unlike what our board conservatives are preaching....GRIDLOCK was not the intent of our founders
gridlock is exactly what the framers wanted when there was not a sufficient consensus to pass a bill

Bullshit

What happens when there is insufficient consensus to pass a bill? The bill is amended, parts are taken out, new passages are added. Tradeoffs are made......I will give you this if you will give me that

Our Constitutional process is built on COMPROMISE and has been destroyed by conservatives

The less the government does the better.

Bullshit

Since when did the far left and Obama become Conservative's?

The Constitution itself was a great compromise. Nobody got their way. Congress itself was a compromise in creating two houses

Our political structure, as it exists today, would be incapable of drafting a Constitution
So?

Do you really believe that the mere passing of legislation is the answer to everything?

Yes I do

Especially when we are in the midst of the worst economic collapse in 75 years. Republicans choosing to do "nothing" is not a solution

By far the best answer of the day. Well done, Rightwinger. Sanguine, sane, cogent.

The frothers are not going to like your answer.

Second best answer of the day.

In fact, I bet that most of our resident Righties don't even know that we had a constitution before this one, of sorts. It failed, and our constitutional convention as we know it also almost failed. It was COMPROMISE that held the constitution together. Oh, and the fact that immediately after ratification, the Bill of Rights (1st ten amendments) were added.

Last edited:

So?

Yes I do

Especially when we are in the midst of the worst economic collapse in 75 years. Republicans choosing to do "nothing" is not a solution
According to Obama we are not in the midst of a collapse and everything is better.

But let me get this straight. According to you the more legislation we pass and the more expense we incur to implement and enforce all that mew legislation the better off we will be?

That's like telling someone buying shit will make his life better.

In fact, I bet that most of our resident Righties don't even know that we had a constitution before this one, of sorts. It failed, and our constitutional convention as we know it also almost failed. It was COMPROMISE that held the constitution together. Oh, and the fact that immediately after ratification, the Bill of Rights (1st ten amendments were added.
Comparing the monumental task of establishing a new government to our situation today isn't even an apples to oranges comparison it's more like apples to orangutans

If thats the case, why not attack debt at both ends?

Spending cuts AND Tax increases?
I agree with that and go a bit farther by not limiting the tax increases to the so called 1 percent it would be everyone getting hit to some degree and having nothing off limits in regards to spending cuts.

Why would you agree with more tax increases? When have Democrats ever agreed to actual spending cuts? Let them vote on spending cuts first.
You missed that whole sequester thing didn't you?
I didn't nor did I miss the part where the Democrats predicted doom and gloom over them and wanted to make the impact of them worse than they actually were so they could blame Republicans for them.
Was sequester a massive spending cut or not?
Yes they were cuts put in place by the so called bipartisan super committee that were only supposed to go into effect if Congress did not reach a budget deal by a specific date. These cuts did happen but they were never intended to there purpose was to force both sides to reach a deal so they wouldn't happen.

Our founders never intended members of Congress to "compromise" and agree to proposed legislation which violates the provisions of our Constitution. And this is what a "conservative" believes and supports.

JWK

When will the America People realize we have a Muslim terrorist enabler in the Whitehouse? Will they come to this conclusion when terrorist activities begin in our southern Border States or cities like New York City?

When progressives make the definition of compromise "give us what we want, and maybe we will give you a nibble later" all they do is set up posts like yours.

We are at the point where there are two radically different views on how government works, and on that, there CAN be no compromise.

A-freaken-men!

JWK

They are not “liberals”. They are conniving Marxist parasites who use the cloak of government force to steal the wealth which wage earners, business and investors have worked to create

I agree with that and go a bit farther by not limiting the tax increases to the so called 1 percent it would be everyone getting hit to some degree and having nothing off limits in regards to spending cuts.

Why would you agree with more tax increases? When have Democrats ever agreed to actual spending cuts? Let them vote on spending cuts first.
You missed that whole sequester thing didn't you?
I didn't nor did I miss the part where the Democrats predicted doom and gloom over them and wanted to make the impact of them worse than they actually were so they could blame Republicans for them.
Was sequester a massive spending cut or not?
Yes they were cuts put in place by the so called bipartisan super committee that were only supposed to go into effect if Congress did not reach a budget deal by a specific date. These cuts did happen but they were never intended to there purpose was to force both sides to reach a deal so they wouldn't happen.
They weren't cuts in spending all the sequester was was smaller than planned increases in spending.

Unless it's essential.

Russia in the 1990s had almost no govt. People had to pay for the mafia, like 30% of what they earned, and they could still get killed by someone else's mafia.

Govt is a balance.

The US govt is totally out of balance. There are much better govts out there, like in Germany, Scandinavia etc.

By far the best answer of the day. Well done, Rightwinger. Sanguine, sane, cogent.

The frothers are not going to like your answer.

In fact, I bet that most of our resident Righties don't even know that we had a constitution before this one, of sorts. It failed, and our constitutional convention as we know it also almost failed. It was COMPROMISE that held the constitution together. Oh, and the fact that immediately after ratification, the Bill of Rights (1st ten amendments were added.

Now these far left supports just need to tell those that they rabid support (the far left) that they need to adhere to this. However that is not what the far left voted for twice..Good Luck!

Unless it's essential.

Russia in the 1990s had almost no govt. People had to pay for the mafia, like 30% of what they earned, and they could still get killed by someone else's mafia.

Govt is a balance.

The US govt is totally out of balance. There are much better govts out there, like in Germany, Scandinavia etc.

Leave it to the far left to think that less government means No government!

LESS - NO

I see they can get that confused.

Our Constitutional process is built on COMPROMISE and has been destroyed by libercrats, there is no compromise on that FACT !! :up:

Get to the back of the bus idiot.

So?

Yes I do

According to Obama we are not in the midst of a collapse and everything is better.

But let me get this straight. According to you the more legislation we pass and the more expense we incur to implement and enforce all that mew legislation the better off we will be?

That's like telling someone buying shit will make his life better.

Do you believe that the USA is in the middle of a collapse, and if so, where is the data to back such a claim up?

Forum List

Back