Why are conservatives clueless about our Constitution?

Conservatives wrap themselves in the Constitution and act like they are the only ones concerned with the founders principles in crafting this great document

The key component of our Constitution that Conservatives have declared war on is the idea of compromise. Our founders created a form of governent that was built on the assumption that there would be compromise. Congressmen and Senators must compromise with each other to craft a bill and get it passed....

I will give you this if you will give me that

That is how our government has functioned for hundreds of years. Instead, Conservatives have instituted a policy of....If I don't get my way, nothing will get done

That attitude is an insult to our founders who formed our very government out of compromise
True. In their defense, they don't much care for education either,

Last edited:
Conservatives wrap themselves in the Constitution and act like they are the only ones concerned with the founders principles in crafting this great document

The key component of our Constitution that Conservatives have declared war on is the idea of compromise. Our founders created a form of governent that was built on the assumption that there would be compromise. Congressmen and Senators must compromise with each other to craft a bill and get it passed....

That is how our government has functioned for hundreds of years. Instead, Conservatives have instituted a policy of....If I don't get my way, nothing will get done

That attitude is an insult to our founders who formed our very government out of compromise

Do you have any evidence what so ever of Democrats being willing to compromise, on anything?

Lets see?

The Stimulus that was loaded with tax cuts
Obamacare which abandoned universal coverage and a public option
The Bush tax cuts that were preserved for thosee making under $400,000

Yeah democrats have mastered compromisin with themselves.

Democrats filled their bills with options to appeal to Republicans....tax cuts, the GOP health bill from 92, individual mandate

100% of Republicans voted no

I don't think you understand what the word compromise means. Here's a hint: it doesn't mean telling the other side what their opinions are and then agreeing with them.

They were Republican ideas until they were supported by Obama

Republicans have taken a position that anything Obama supports, they will oppose out of principle. Even their own ideas
Bush proposes TARP....Republicans AND Democrats supported it for the good of the country
Obama proposes additional TARP and EVERY Republican votes against it

That is what constitutes compromise for Republicans

The short answer to the question that is the title of this thread is that a great many Conservatives are simply just plain old ignorant, hate-filled assholes.

There, that pretty much covers it.
It certainly covers the depth of your understanding of anything, which is to say surface only. You might be the most ignorant poster here.
Hardly, but you win the prize for the nastiest, most odious knuckle-dragging troglidyte fuckface in all of USMB, hands-down. Congratulations for showing us how ugly RWNJ ignorance can be.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk
Tsk tsk, name calling is all you've got. After your glorious troll thread you are worthless here.

Sez the worthless fake Rabbi idiot fuckwad who calls the President a "Head N..... in Chief" and tells people to go fuck-off.

Take your own advice, you sorry piece of human flesh.
Aww, panties in a wad because everyone knows what an ignorant worthless fucker you are after your troll thread? Too bad, eat it.

Oh, you poor thing. You are, however, an excellent playtoy.

Horseshit. The Constitution was founded on the ideas of limited government and individual rights.
No! It was founded on the idea of social justice and rule of the proletariat.
At least in the progressive version.

True. In their defense, they don't care for education much either,

Or for babies once they are out of the womb....

Horseshit. The Constitution was founded on the ideas of limited government and individual rights.
Far from it

The Constitution was founded on the idea of "Right sized government" as decided by the voters

Do you have any evidence what so ever of Democrats being willing to compromise, on anything?

Lets see?

Democrats filled their bills with options to appeal to Republicans....tax cuts, the GOP health bill from 92, individual mandate

I don't think you understand what the word compromise means. Here's a hint: it doesn't mean telling the other side what their opinions are and then agreeing with them.

Republicans have taken a position that anything Obama supports, they will oppose out of principle. Even their own ideas
Bush proposes TARP....Republicans AND Democrats supported it for the good of the country

Yepp. They are quite literally blind as bats.

You have it backwards. It's the democrats who won't compromise. Obama said it best when he told the GOP that he won the election and they lost, and that they had to take a back seat.

Lets see?

Thats of course wrong.
People generally supported TARP as a backstop to the banks. Congress barred Bush from extending it to the auto makers, whcih he did anyway. Obama doubled down on that, which Democrats supported.
Seems the opposite of what you write is the truth usually.

Far from it

The Constitution was founded on the idea of "Right sized government" as decided by the voters

Yepp.

Lets see?

TARP didn't include a Keynesian stimulus and the American Recovery Act did

They aren't "clueless" exactly...they just think the founders stopped writing after the 2nd Amendment...and only the 1st part of the 2nd Amendment. They pretend the "well regulated" part wasn't written.

The militia is to be well regulated, the people keep the right to arms. Commas mean something.
Only in your fucked-up, context-free world.

Are you saying that, just after fighting a war of revolution, that the states would actually write(and more importantly pass) a document that says the people don't have the right to bear arms, unless in a militia?

If so, then there should be plenty of historical references to bolster your argument.

Mark

It certainly covers the depth of your understanding of anything, which is to say surface only. You might be the most ignorant poster here.
Hardly, but you win the prize for the nastiest, most odious knuckle-dragging troglidyte fuckface in all of USMB, hands-down. Congratulations for showing us how ugly RWNJ ignorance can be.

Tsk tsk, name calling is all you've got. After your glorious troll thread you are worthless here.

Sez the worthless fake Rabbi idiot fuckwad who calls the President a "Head N..... in Chief" and tells people to go fuck-off.

Take your own advice, you sorry piece of human flesh.
Aww, panties in a wad because everyone knows what an ignorant worthless fucker you are after your troll thread? Too bad, eat it.

Oh, you poor thing. You are, however, an excellent playtoy.
Translation: Ich bin dumm wie Scheiße, aber müssen klug zu erscheinen

You have it backwards. It's the democrats who won't compromise. Obama said it best when he told the GOP that he won the election and they lost, and that they had to take a back seat.

Somehow Republicans thought they could still call the shots even though they had been soundly beaten

Republicans were still in a position to get what they wanted in the Stimulus (more tax cuts and more state control) and in Obamacare (again tax incentives, tort reform and interstate insurance sales)

But again, Republicans insisted on calling all the shots or nothing....they ended up with nothing

Somehow Republicans thought they could still call the shots even though they had been soundly beaten

Republicans were still in a position to get what they wanted in the Stimulus (more tax cuts and more state control) and in Obamacare (again tax incentives, tort reform and interstate insurance sales)

But again, Republicans insisted on calling all the shots or nothing....they ended up with nothing
And yet the poor state of the economy is due to Republicans blocking everything.
How to explain that one after Democrats got everything they wanted?

===================
you leftards are the best example of "my way or the highway", when has your side ever compromised on anything concerning the Constitution.., the Second Amdt. is the best example of failing to compromise. :up:

AND COMPROMISE THIS ......., :fu: .......................... :asshole:
didn't take long for the 1st clingertard response. All I can say is thangod "that one" is one of theirs

As to the OP, Repubs like Boehner (R) only care about preserving their taxpayer-funded "jobs" and the associated perqs. Passing legislation, that has even a chance to get signed into law? Not so much.

They ended up with nothing because the left wouldn't compromise. The keft's idea of compromise is "agree with us and don't stand in our way". The GOP didn't do that so they got nothing. Thanks for making my point.

They aren't "clueless" exactly...they just think the founders stopped writing after the 2nd Amendment...and only the 1st part of the 2nd Amendment. They pretend the "well regulated" part wasn't written.
you say that but many on the left feel the 2nd part of the amendment wasnt written...you know the right of the PEOPLE?.....

Lets see?

There are many ideas that Obama once backed that he doesn't any longer. If he has the right to change his mind, so does the GOP.

The main point is that, while the GOP at one time did support such measures, a new conservatism flowed from their base, telling them that this was not conservative government.

Mark

Forum List

Back