Why are republicans so stupid when it comes to Food Stamps?

When companies post big profits and then pay employees shit it's cause of taxes !?
yes when taxes are cut the free market demands that the money goes to workers, customers, or owners. This is econ 101

It's trickle down economics. A proven failure.
If that's the proven failure why does it work every time?

LMAOROG, EXAMPLE? How did it "work" Bubba?

CBO: Bush Tax Cuts Responsible For Almost A Third Of Deficit In Last 10 Years (2001-2010)
Changes in CBO's Baseline Projections Since January 2001

Bush CEA Chair Mankiw: Claim That Broad-Based Income Tax Cuts Increase Revenue Is Not "Credible," Capital Income Tax Cuts Also Don't Pay For Themselves

Bush-Appointed Federal Reserve Chair Bernanke: "I Don't Think That As A General Rule Tax Cuts Pay For Themselves."

Bush Treasury Secretary Paulson: "As A General Rule, I Don't Believe That Tax Cuts Pay For Themselves."

Bush OMB Director Nussle: "Some Say That [The Tax Cut] Was A Total Loss. Some Say They Totally Pay For Themselves. It's Neither Extreme."

Bush CEA Chairman Lazear: "As A General Rule, We Do Not Think Tax Cuts Pay For Themselves."

Bush Economic Adviser Viard: "Federal Revenue Is Lower Today Than It Would Have Been Without The Tax Cuts."

Bush Treasury Official Carroll: "We Do Not Think Tax Cuts Pay For Themselves."

Reagan Chief Economist Feldstein: "It's Not That You Get More Revenue By Lowering Tax Rates, It Is That You Don't Lose As Much."

Feldstein In 1986: "Hyperbole" That Reagan Tax Cut "Would Actually Increase Tax Revenue."

Conservative Economist Holtz-Eakin: "No Serious Research Evidence" Suggests Tax Cuts Pay For Themselves."

Tax Foundation's Prante: "A Stretch" To Claim "Cutting Capital Gains Taxes Raises Tax Revenues."

Why tax cuts don’t “pay for themselves,” cartoonsplained

Why tax cuts don’t "pay for themselves," cartoonsplained

When companies post big profits and then pay employees shit it's cause of taxes !?
yes when taxes are cut the free market demands that the money goes to workers, customers, or owners. This is econ 101

It's trickle down economics. A proven failure.
If that's the proven failure why does it work every time?

Failed in the late 80s and failed under GW. Shit always comes crashing down.
Fixed the Carter failure, fixed the Clinton failure. Funny how that works.

US-national-debt-GDP.png

Cdbsh-1UEAAaKwD.jpg

1) The cost of food stamps is a small fraction of the overall welfare budget

2) 2/3 of those on food stamps are kids

3) Few people even qualify for food stamps because it is reserved for the poorest of the poor. It's a program way behind on the rate of inflation as well.

4) Some Veterans are on food stamps.

5) Any adult on food stamps has a job

Republicans in congress are either complete assholes or are willfully ignorant.

But hey i get it: it gives republicans hard ons to say "i don't need a handout! I provide! I'm tough as nails! Derp, derp, derp!" They then pretend complete falsehoods or stereotypes about the program because it makes them feel more manly i guess.

Why can't facts ever permeate the republican bubble?
Why do people that identify and vote democrat think that pumping out kids to increase their welfare and food stamps is a way of life?
You're fucking stupid if you think the monthly benefit of food stamps even comes close to the overall cost of raising a kid. We are talking about $133 per month in benefits in comparison to the total costs per month for raisIng a kid. We are talking basic mathematics here. You just believe that stupid myth because it makes you feel superior pretending these mothers are nothing but leeches.
I didn't say the monthly benefit came close to the cost of raising a kid now did I? No. But it increases with each kid, known fact, and it's also a known fact that there's welfare case families that live on welfare their entire lives, generations of them, and they know if they have more kids, their welfare checks go up.

Deny that, idiot.

These people can't afford feeding their children, THEN THEY SHOULDN'T BE HAVING KIDS, PERIOD.

IDIOT, 5 YEAR LIFETIME BENEFIT FOR WELFARE SINCE 1886 "WELFARE REFORM", STATES IN THE GOP AREAS GUTTED IT TO LESS THAN 3 YEARS LIFETIME, ARIZONA 1 YEAR FOR EXAMPLE

Nov 16, 2010 - As part of the welfare reform act signed into law by former president Bill Clinton in 1996, the federal government placed a five-yearlifetime limit on participation in the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program.

Bill puts 5-year limit on welfare

GET OFF YOUR RIGHT WING INFOTAINMENT COMPLEX BS BUBBA

Word .

There are work requirements . You don't get extra cash if u have more kids . Ebt cards are advanced and stamps can only be used for food purchases at approved stores .

Yes, most those on food stamps are either children, disabled, or the elderly. But if someone works and receives food stamps, their employer should be taxed that amount. Otherwise, food stamps are merely subsidizing the wages of the lowest paid workers.

I was a manager of a grocery department a long time ago. I got so pissed hearing the employees bitch and moan about food stamps that I called a meeting. I started out by proclaiming the our store was no longer going to accept food stamps. After the applause wore off I told them that food stamps accounted for over 15% of the business and they could go ahead and pick the one out of six employees we were going to lay off. They never bitched about food stamps again.
It's good to see someone keeping fairytales alive and well. Did you ever think maybe the reason the employees aren't paid more is because of the current tax load on business owners? And your solution to that is taxing them more? That results in less employees or even more that need government assistance to live.

As for the last part of your story it only happened in your head. Nice fantasy but never really happened. You know how I can tell? Grocery workers don't get paid a lot, as in minimum wage. So based on your original paragraph they would be the ones on food stamps because you were a cheap ass and wouldn't pay them more money yet you expect me to believe you threatened your employees for bitching about "others" on food stamps and they cheered your awesomeness. And then suddenly realized because you are such a great public speaker you meant they would lose their jobs if they couldn't take the food stamps most of them were already on.

You know what a better lesson would have been in this fantasy of yours? If you had told them the reason they make minimum wage is because the taxes and regulations on such an operation are keeping profits at such low levels they can't get a raise. Then you could explain to them how if you actually taxed the store owner the amount any of their employees spent on food stamps it would result in not only them losing their jobs but you as well. The greatest motivational speaker in all of grocery sales history. Because there wouldn't be a grocery store for any of you to work at.

"Grocery workers don't get paid a lot, as in minimum wage"

LMAOROG, Sure Bubs, sure

He was talking about a LONG TIME AGO, before Reaganomics killed the unions, in 1980's my (now ex) brother in law working at grocery store was making about $25 an hour!

Taxes are the problem huh? *SHAKING HEAD*

Fact Sheet: Corporate Tax Rates - Americans For Tax Fairness
Your brother in law never fucking made 25 an hour at a grocery store in the 80's as an employee. Go sell your bullshit somewhere you can find a retard to believe it.

Sorry to tell you Bubs, he did, I live in Monterey, he worked at Safeway (UNION) in CV and bought a house in Seaside on HIS income. But you go blow yourself Bubba!

There are work requirements . You don't get extra cash if u have more kids . Ebt cards are advanced and stamps can only be used for food purchases at approved stores .

This is true, and I've seen it repeatedly at my grocery store.

The 250 lbs woman puts two carts of food on the belt, pays for it with SNAP's, and then puts the beer, the cigarettes, the greeting cards, the perfume, the huge bags of dog food and cat litter on the conveyer belt, whips out a wad of cash, and pays for those items that way.

The 250 lbs woman puts two carts of food on the belt, pays for it with SNAP's, and then puts the beer, the cigarettes, the greeting cards, the perfume, the huge bags of dog food and cat litter on the conveyer belt, whips out a wad of cash, and pays for those items that way.

Great story bro. Next time add a car chase.

What fucking perfume are they buying at the supermarket!?

I am all for helping those who are poor, but the current system is broken. Give vouchers that must be used for certain foods only....milk, eggs, bread, milk, cheese, oatmeal, canned meats, fruit/veg, etc. You don't see too many food stamp users buying canned tuna.....just saying

How do you know ?

When I was young I worked at a supermarket. Most tried to get the bang for the buck . Sure u suspected some frauds . No one is for that .

Logistically , it would be more trouble to pull off your plan . And what's the point really?
------------------------------------------- Seems to me that any saved money can be used rebuilding the USA Military or put to work funding TRUMPS Border wall Timmy !!

Holy shit . You want examples of waste , the military spending is where it's at .

At least food stamp spending gets recycled into our economy.

Sure does, Pelosi says every $1.00 dollar is like $1.72....must be some of that Obama math.

Low informed one, NOT Pelosi

SNAP Stimulates Economic Activity During an Economic Downturn

The Food Assistance National Input-Output Multiplier (FANIOM) Model and Stimulus Effects of SNAP

The report found that:

• An increase of $1 billion in SNAP expenditures is estimated to increase economic activity (GDP) by $1.79 billion. In other words, every $5 in new SNAP benefits generates as much as $9 of economic activity.
USDA ERS - Economic Linkages

Interesting. So what if the government buys us all new houses? How about a new car every four years? What about new boats? How about new swimming pools? Imagine the economic activity if nobody worked and government gave us all kinds of free stuff and we just stayed home. Our country would be filthy rich with all that economic activity.

What makes you leftists think that if people didn't have food stamps, they would quit eating? If people didn't have food stamps, they would still buy food and create this so-called economic activity anyway.

Great story bro. Next time add a car chase.

What fucking perfume are they buying at the supermarket!?

They sell perfume where I shop, I don't know about where you live.

I am all for helping those who are poor, but the current system is broken. Give vouchers that must be used for certain foods only....milk, eggs, bread, milk, cheese, oatmeal, canned meats, fruit/veg, etc. You don't see too many food stamp users buying canned tuna.....just saying

Why can't they have the same quality of food as anyone else? Some have special diets and can't eat of your list.

Just because you don't see what they buy & where, doesn't mean they don't buy canned tuna
I think the point is that people should not be able to use SNAP to buy junk food or luxury foods.

I feel the same way about Corp subsidies and wars with MY tax money!

You mean like Solyndra?

Can we get some drug testing on those "job creator" tax subsidies and make sure they use it to benefit the USA instead of Cayman offshore accounts too?

There are no tax subsides, there are tax cuts. Tax cuts means taking less from wealth creators. That's not a subsidy by any stretch of the imagination.

How do you know ?

When I was young I worked at a supermarket. Most tried to get the bang for the buck . Sure u suspected some frauds . No one is for that .

Logistically , it would be more trouble to pull off your plan . And what's the point really?
------------------------------------------- Seems to me that any saved money can be used rebuilding the USA Military or put to work funding TRUMPS Border wall Timmy !!

Holy shit . You want examples of waste , the military spending is where it's at .

Sure does, Pelosi says every $1.00 dollar is like $1.72....must be some of that Obama math.

The Food Assistance National Input-Output Multiplier (FANIOM) Model and Stimulus Effects of SNAP

The report found that:

• An increase of $1 billion in SNAP expenditures is estimated to increase economic activity (GDP) by $1.79 billion. In other words, every $5 in new SNAP benefits generates as much as $9 of economic activity.

Interesting. So what if the government buys us all new houses? How about a new car every four years? What about new boats? How about new swimming pools? Imagine the economic activity if nobody worked and government gave us all kinds of free stuff and we just stayed home. Our country would be filthy rich with all that economic activity.

What makes you leftists think that if people didn't have food stamps, they would quit eating? If people didn't have food stamps, they would still buy food and create this so-called economic activity anyway.

Using your logic there would be no homeless. Yet, there are .

Oh brother . The tax load is keeping wages Down? When companies post big profits and then pay employees shit it's cause of taxes !?

What are these big profits you think are magically out there?

Take Walmart for example . Big successful company . Executives make millions . Workers make shit and are subsidized with food stamps . Which Walmart also benefits from as the recipient of that food stamp welfare money .

I must say they have improved wages because of public pressure .

You have that backwards Walmart subsidize the government welfare programs...

With out Walmart people wouldn't have jobs.

lol. somebody will "be happy to earn a lot of money", if WalMart doesn't want to compete.

Remind us again which came first , the local mom and pop store or Walmart?

Past performance is no guarantee of future results, is a Capital maxim.

How do you know ?

The report found that:

Yep, in your scenario you are absolutely right. The economic activity would be huge. Let's put it in action. Only one person works in the entire nation. He makes billions and billions of dollars. He can't possibly spend it all, so he loans it out, at INTEREST. How is that economy going? The rest of the nation has no money, has no income, can't possibly even think about buying anything. The poor working dude gets nothing in interest, nobody can afford to pay it and nobody is generating any demand.

The government jumps in. Taxes the hell out of the rich dude. Redistributes, and yes, I used the word, that income to those not working. Now they are buying houses, buying furniture, buying cars. Suddenly, some of them, seeing the growing demand, start borrowing what is left of the rich dudes SAVINGS. Now, why they can actually afford to pay interest. Now, the rich dude is actually getting a return on his SAVINGS. Holy shit, now the interest the rich dude is making MORE THAN COMPENSATES for the taxes he is paying. Why, because of the multiplier effect, because of the higher velocity.

Dude, I like you. Of the few righties on this board you seem to have a little bit of a brain. Thing about it, this makes sense. It really is basic economics.

Can we get some drug testing on those "job creator" tax subsidies and make sure they use it to benefit the USA instead of Cayman offshore accounts too?

There are no tax subsides, there are tax cuts. Tax cuts means taking less from wealth creators. That's not a subsidy by any stretch of the imagination.

Same difference .

It is? Well I guess if your outlook is all money belongs to government, and what they allow you to keep is a gift from them to you. But those of us on the right don't believe that. We believe that money is property. The money you make is rightfully yours. And since you were the one that created the money, how is government taking less of it giving you a subsidy?

Let's say you lived down the street from me. You make much more money than I do. So to make things right, I enter your home when you're not there, and steal $100.00 a week. After a while I start to feel guilty, so instead of entering your home and taking $100.00 a week, I only take $70.00. Is that giving you $30.00 a week?

1) The cost of food stamps is a small fraction of the overall welfare budget

2) 2/3 of those on food stamps are kids

3) Few people even qualify for food stamps because it is reserved for the poorest of the poor. It's a program way behind on the rate of inflation as well.

4) Some Veterans are on food stamps.

5) Any adult on food stamps has a job

Republicans in congress are either complete assholes or are willfully ignorant.

But hey i get it: it gives republicans hard ons to say "i don't need a handout! I provide! I'm tough as nails! Derp, derp, derp!" They then pretend complete falsehoods or stereotypes about the program because it makes them feel more manly i guess.

Why can't facts ever permeate the republican bubble?

As a liberal, I get very angry with other liberals who think this is just about money.

The problem is that human beings are selfish. The US Constitution was written on that basis, with separation of powers. When people get given stuff, they don't work. I'm not saying food stamps is just about giving people stuff, I knew people on food stamps who were working, but the govt shouldn't be providing food stamps so employers can pay their staff LESS than they should do. It's a messed up system. It doesn't exist in other countries, and for a reason.

The report found that:

Yep, in your scenario you are absolutely right. The economic activity would be huge. Let's put it in action. Only one person works in the entire nation. He makes billions and billions of dollars. He can't possibly spend it all, so he loans it out, at INTEREST. How is that economy going? The rest of the nation has no money, has no income, can't possibly even think about buying anything. The poor working dude gets nothing in interest, nobody can afford to pay it and nobody is generating any demand.

The government jumps in. Taxes the hell out of the rich dude. Redistributes, and yes, I used the word, that income to those not working. Now they are buying houses, buying furniture, buying cars. Suddenly, some of them, seeing the growing demand, start borrowing what is left of the rich dudes SAVINGS. Now, why they can actually afford to pay interest. Now, the rich dude is actually getting a return on his SAVINGS. Holy shit, now the interest the rich dude is making MORE THAN COMPENSATES for the taxes he is paying. Why, because of the multiplier effect, because of the higher velocity.

Dude, I like you. Of the few righties on this board you seem to have a little bit of a brain. Thing about it, this makes sense. It really is basic economics.

If that were basic economics, Detroit would be our largest economic engine today. My city of Cleveland would not be far behind.

Taxpayer handouts do not stimulate anything. It's a pretence to justify working people supporting the non-working.

Let's say that you and I were governors of our states. In my state, everybody physically and mentally capable had to work for their money. In your state, anybody that doesn't want to work doesn't have to because you will give them money not to work. Which of our states do you think would be more economically successful?

How do you know ?

The report found that:

lol. China has entire empty cities, just laying around. EdwardBaiamonte claims, they "went capitalist".

I go to the grocery store every Saturday and I monitor the purchases of people using food stamps.

You are correct...they never purchase canned tuna. Occasionally canned lump crabmeat or canned chicken...but never tuna.

"I monitor the purchases of people using food stamps. "

LMAOROG, Sure you do. How can you tell the difference of EBT cards vs debit cards?

waronpov.jpg

Because I hacked into the system.

I am all for helping people in need. What I object to is Food Stamp people being able to buy all that junk food that the supermarkets make most of their money on. These people should be required to buy simple healthful food. If they start eating healthy just maybe their health care cost will go down. Bet most are on Medicaid.

Forum List

Back