Why are republicans so stupid when it comes to Food Stamps?

I am all for helping those who are poor, but the current system is broken. Give vouchers that must be used for certain foods only....milk, eggs, bread, milk, cheese, oatmeal, canned meats, fruit/veg, etc. You don't see too many food stamp users buying canned tuna.....just saying

Right. Let the poor eat white bread, milk and american cheese. No one would want to eat tuna. Even better jackass, let them all eat cat food.

1) The cost of food stamps is a small fraction of the overall welfare budget

2) 2/3 of those on food stamps are kids

3) Few people even qualify for food stamps because it is reserved for the poorest of the poor. It's a program way behind on the rate of inflation as well.

4) Some Veterans are on food stamps.

5) Any adult on food stamps has a job

Republicans in congress are either complete assholes or are willfully ignorant.

But hey i get it: it gives republicans hard ons to say "i don't need a handout! I provide! I'm tough as nails! Derp, derp, derp!" They then pretend complete falsehoods or stereotypes about the program because it makes them feel more manly i guess.

Why can't facts ever permeate the republican bubble?
I am all for helping people in need. What I object to is to allow Food Stamp users to buy all that junk food that supermarkets make all their money on. They need to be required to buy healthy food. Maybe if they start eating healthy their health care costs might just go down. Bet most are on Medicaid.

3) Few people even qualify for food stamps because it is reserved for the poorest of the poor. It's a program way behind on the rate of inflation as well.

But hey i get it: it gives republicans hard ons to say "i don't need a handout! I provide! I'm tough as nails! Derp, derp, derp!" They then pretend complete falsehoods or stereotypes about the program because it makes them feel more manly i guess.

Your op is full of shit

Plenty of adults receive food stamps with out a job

Yes, senior citizens and disabled people. Very few able able bodied working age adults who don't have jobs.

Read the stats.

I am all for helping those who are poor,

Apparently you are not!

Give vouchers that must be used for certain foods only....milk, eggs, bread, milk, cheese, oatmeal, canned meats, fruit/veg, etc. You don't see too many food stamp users buying canned tuna.....just saying[/QUOTE]

Look, food stamps (SNAP) is already restricted that you can only use it to but certain qualified things! Strictly groceries, not even vitamin pills. As to your comment that you don't see too many food stamp users buying tuna: How the hell would you know? Do they have a flag on their head identifying them as they shop and check out? Do you stop and interview them as they leave the store checking their cart? They are allotted a certain dollar value, typically no more than $6.00 a day to live on for food (at most) and how they spend it, on peanut butter, milk, cheese or fish is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. Go out and try living on $6.00 a day ($2.00 a meal) for food. Let us know how it works out for you. I bet you spend more than that on ONE MEAL.

They need to be required to buy healthy food. Maybe if they start eating healthy their health care costs might just go down. Bet most are on Medicaid.

Look, ignoramus, be required to buy only healthy food? On $6.00 a day or LESS? Sure, everyone would love to live on healthy, organics, cage free eggs, etc.

WHY DON'T YOU TRY LIVING ON $6.00 A DAY FOR THREE MEALS, THEN HAVE SOME IDIOT LIKE YOU TRY TO TELL THEM THEY HAVE TO SPEND IT ALL ON EVEN MORE EXPENSIVE "HEALTHY" FOOD.

HOW MUCH "HEALTHY" FOOD DO YOU THINK YOU CAN BUY FOR $2.00 TO MAKE A MEAL OUT OF???

GO OUT TOMORROW AND START LIVING ON $2.00 A MEAL BUYING ONLY PREMIUM HEALTH FOOD, AND LET US KNOW HOW YOU MAKE OUT. SERIOUSLY. GO OUT TOMORROW AND PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS.

Apparently you are not!

Give vouchers that must be used for certain foods only....milk, eggs, bread, milk, cheese, oatmeal, canned meats, fruit/veg, etc. You don't see too many food stamp users buying canned tuna.....just saying

Look, food stamps (SNAP) is already restricted that you can only use it to but certain qualified things! Strictly groceries, not even vitamin pills. As to your comment that you don't see too many food stamp users buying tuna: How the hell would you know? Do they have a flag on their head identifying them as they shop and check out? Do you stop and interview them as they leave the store checking their cart? They are allotted a certain dollar value, typically no more than $6.00 a day to live on for food (at most) and how they spend it, on peanut butter, milk, cheese or fish is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. Go out and try living on $6.00 a day ($2.00 a meal) for food. Let us know how it works out for you. I bet you spend more than that on ONE MEAL.[/QUOTE]

They are using my tax money so it is my business....ok lets keep it simple then...mandatory drug testing for SNAP

I am all for helping people in need. What I object to is to allow Food Stamp users to buy all that junk food that supermarkets make all their money on. They need to be required to buy healthy food. Maybe if they start eating healthy their health care costs might just go down. Bet most are on Medicaid.

Ya know...tell your mom to send you to the store for groceries.

There are work requirements . You don't get extra cash if u have more kids . Ebt cards are advanced and stamps can only be used for food purchases at approved stores .

This is true, and I've seen it repeatedly at my grocery store.

The 250 lbs woman puts two carts of food on the belt, pays for it with SNAP's, and then puts the beer, the cigarettes, the greeting cards, the perfume, the huge bags of dog food and cat litter on the conveyer belt, whips out a wad of cash, and pays for those items that way.

Great story bro. Next time add a car chase.

What fucking perfume are they buying at the supermarket!?
It's in the make up isle. Where do you shop...the 7/11?

Apparently you are not!

Give vouchers that must be used for certain foods only....milk, eggs, bread, milk, cheese, oatmeal, canned meats, fruit/veg, etc. You don't see too many food stamp users buying canned tuna.....just saying

Look, food stamps (SNAP) is already restricted that you can only use it to but certain qualified things! Strictly groceries, not even vitamin pills. As to your comment that you don't see too many food stamp users buying tuna: How the hell would you know? Do they have a flag on their head identifying them as they shop and check out? Do you stop and interview them as they leave the store checking their cart? They are allotted a certain dollar value, typically no more than $6.00 a day to live on for food (at most) and how they spend it, on peanut butter, milk, cheese or fish is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. Go out and try living on $6.00 a day ($2.00 a meal) for food. Let us know how it works out for you. I bet you spend more than that on ONE MEAL.

They are using my tax money so it is my business....ok lets keep it simple then...mandatory drug testing for SNAP[/QUOTE]
People do not shop "per meal". I realize liberals use this bs to make SNAP payouts sound like they are not enough to live on but it's a b.s argument.

For example: You can buy a 42 oz container of oatmeal at Big Lots for $ 2.35 and a bottle of honey for $ 2.50. Each container of oatmeal has 30 servings. That is 30 bowls of oatmeal for .16 cents each.

Thats breakfast for the entire month .16 cents a day.

Apparently you are not!

They are using my tax money so it is my business....ok lets keep it simple then...mandatory drug testing for SNAP
People do not shop "per meal". I realize liberals use this bs to make SNAP payouts sound like they are not enough to live on but it's a b.s argument.

For example: You can buy a 42 oz container of oatmeal at Big Lots for $ 2.35 and a bottle of honey for $ 2.50. Each container of oatmeal has 30 servings. That is 30 bowls of oatmeal for .16 cents each.

Thats breakfast for the entire month .16 cents a day.[/QUOTE]

Eggs at Aldi's today was $.89 a dozen...a box of pancake mix was $1.49 as was the syrup. Oatmeal like you pointed out is also a good breakfast and brown sugar is very cheap. Give me a $100.00 bucks and I can eat good for a month buying my groceries at Aldi's

.ok lets keep it simple then...mandatory drug testing for SNAP

Right Tom, they are already so poor they are on food stamps but have hundreds of dollars for drugs. Aside from what those drug tests would cost the taxpayer, any job they apply to is already drug testing them. You obviously haven't a clue what you're talking about. You need to be dirt poor living on food stamps for six months to find out.

[For example: You can buy a 42 oz container of oatmeal at Big Lots for $ 2.35 and a bottle of honey for $ 2.50. Each container of oatmeal has 30 servings. That is 30 bowls of oatmeal for .16 cents each.

Good. Let us know when you've spent the past month eating ONE PACKET of oatmeal for breakfast each morning! If that is all I ate, I would be sick. Apparently you feel that those who who are sick and unfortunate and down on their luck deserve only the lowest quality of food and less quality of life and dignity than a dog or a prisoner in jail for murder. That way they are sure to get back up on their feet right! They are just useless lazy people all of them and maybe if you BEAT THEM, ABUSE THEM and STARVE THEM, they will all keep sleeping till 10AM and living high on the hog!

Apparently you are not!

They are using my tax money so it is my business....ok lets keep it simple then...mandatory drug testing for SNAP[/QUOTE]

Somehow I goofed up and quoted you twice oh well...sorry

Example 2 Walmart...

Spahgetti 1.00 ( sometimes cheaper ) spahgetti sauce 1.00 ( sometimes cheaper) Salad kit 1.99 dressing 1.00. 1 tomato .64 cents,1 cucumber .69 cents.

Six servings for 1.05 each.

So...yeah...people can eat for less than $ 2.00 per meal.

Last edited:

Cut food stamps out all together.

and not always grown in the USA , lots of food in USA markets is foreign grown so American taxpayers are funding foreign grown foodstuffs making foreign lands richer because of taxpayer money , And i think that mrobama made a law so that foreign produced meat and vegetable can't be identified by purchasers Timmy !!

For awhile, it was required to be labeled where it was grown/harvested. But not so much anymore.

A gold star for this post , why can't they tell us where are steak originated from?

I want to eat Texas steak , not Spanish steak.

Seems to me they had only required the labeling after the mad cow scare a few years back and now that's over with (haha), the labeling was dropped

They are using my tax money so it is my business..

Is it? Once you send you tax money in, its the feds money. Is what the fed spends its money on for guns and tanks your business too? Why don't you tell the military to use only the cheapest weapons, cheapest ammo and soldiers can live on $2.00 a meal too.

So...yeah...people can eat for less than $ 2.00 per meal.

Let us know when you start living on a packet of oatmeal for breakfast every morning and a can of the cheapest spaghetti for dinner each night.

Right Tom, they are already so poor they are on food stamps but have hundreds of dollars for drugs. Aside from what those drug tests would cost the taxpayer, any job they apply to is already drug testing them. You obviously haven't a clue what you're talking about. You need to be dirt poor living on food stamps for six months to find out.
They ain't dirt poor. If they are on Snap and have kids under 5 they are also getting WIC...kids over 5 free school lunches...free day care aid...Medicaid... free bus passes....government help with utilities and housing. Plus whatever their wages are. They eat better than the folks footing the bill too give them their government handouts.

Cut food stamps out all together.

Here's an idea, Bush92: You are making $92,000 dollars at a good job and you are hit by no fault of your own, get sick, spend years unable to work until you are bankrupt and end up on food stamps trying to get back on your feet. When it happens, let them come to me so I can tell them your idea, sorry, Bush92 doesn't get any food stamps, no food. Just shoot him in the head and bury him in a ditch! Isn't that what the Nazis did? Congrats! You are in good company then. Sieg Heil.

[For example: You can buy a 42 oz container of oatmeal at Big Lots for $ 2.35 and a bottle of honey for $ 2.50. Each container of oatmeal has 30 servings. That is 30 bowls of oatmeal for .16 cents each.

Good. Let us know when you've spent the past month eating ONE PACKET of oatmeal for breakfast each morning! If that is all I ate, I would be sick. Apparently you feel that those who who are sick and unfortunate and down on their luck deserve only the lowest quality of food and less quality of life and dignity than a dog or a prisoner in jail for murder. That way they are sure to get back up on their feet right! They are just useless lazy people all of them and maybe if you BEAT THEM, ABUSE THEM and STARVE THEM, they will all keep sleeping till 10AM and living high on the hog!

Albertsons/Safeway

Loaf of bread 1.29 carton of eggs 1.29 Cantalope 1.29 ea

6 meals .62 each

They ain't dirt poor. If they are on Snap and have kids under 5 they are also getting WIC...kids over 5 free school lunches...free day care aid...Medicaid... free bus passes....government help with utilities and housing. Plus whatever their wages are. They eat better than the folks footing the bill too give them their government handouts.

Yep. If you got kids then you have it made. Benefits galore. No kids just yourself then you are screwed and don't get shit.

Isn't it funny--- they bend over backwards for the kids to give them programs to raise them to adults. Once you are an adult, then they try to kill you with poverty.

Forum List

Back