Why are republicans such drama queens when it comes to guns?

I cannot buy a pistol without a permit in my state
That permit process consists of mandated classes
A hefty fee
Being fingerprinted by local and state police

And I have to do it all over again every 5 years
Right to own your first gun. I'm sure it's much easier after that.

So what?

Why should I have to jump through all those hoops, be fingerprinted like a common criminal pay upwards of $500 and have to do it every 5 years simply to exercise a Constitutionally guranteed right?

How much would you be whining if every Constitutionally guaranteed right was subject to the same licensing process

Maybe we should make people take classes, get fingerprinted and pay fees for a Fourth Amendment Permit
Okay what exactly are all there hoops you're referring to? Besides finger printing, what else?

You can't treat all amendments the same. That's ridiculous. Obviously freedom of speech is completely harmless in comparison. It still however has limitations. It has limitations based on the consequences of law. We need to keep guns out of the wrong hands. Wouldn't you prefer to keep them out of hands of terrorists? How else would we do that?

I already told you some of the hoops I had to jump through and that it's every 5 years not just once

A right is a right as far as I'm concerned.

We have already seen that it is impossible to keep guns out of the hands of criminals so I don't see how making harder and more expensive for law abiding people to exercise their legal rights does anything to stop that
No you didn't. You just mentioned fingerprinting. What else?

Oh Christ just because criminals still get guns, it doesn't mean we shouldn't pass laws that try to prevent it. That's like saying "well robbery still happens anyway. We may as well legalize it!"

No, we need store owners to shoot would be robbers. Robbers would think twice next time if it happened more routinely

-Geaux

So what?

Why should I have to jump through all those hoops, be fingerprinted like a common criminal pay upwards of $500 and have to do it every 5 years simply to exercise a Constitutionally guranteed right?

How much would you be whining if every Constitutionally guaranteed right was subject to the same licensing process

Maybe we should make people take classes, get fingerprinted and pay fees for a Fourth Amendment Permit
Okay what exactly are all there hoops you're referring to? Besides finger printing, what else?

You can't treat all amendments the same. That's ridiculous. Obviously freedom of speech is completely harmless in comparison. It still however has limitations. It has limitations based on the consequences of law. We need to keep guns out of the wrong hands. Wouldn't you prefer to keep them out of hands of terrorists? How else would we do that?

I already told you some of the hoops I had to jump through and that it's every 5 years not just once

We have already seen that it is impossible to keep guns out of the hands of criminals so I don't see how making harder and more expensive for law abiding people to exercise their legal rights does anything to stop that
Oh Christ just because criminals still get guns, it doesn't mean we shouldn't pass laws that try to prevent it. That's like saying "well robbery still happens anyway. We may as well legalize it!"

Laws don't prevent crime. If they did we would have no crime

And you still haven't told me how making it even harder and more expensive than it is now for law abiding people to exercise their legal rights will do anything to stetting guns
Fucking of course laws prevent crime. Most People are discouraged from crime becsuse they know they would likely face legal consequences. im sure you would love to go smack some hot chick's ass but you won't because you know it has potential legal consequences.

So what?

And you still haven't told me how making it even harder and more expensive than it is now for law abiding people to exercise their legal rights will do anything to stetting guns
Fucking of course laws prevent crime. Most People are discouraged from crime becsuse they know they would likely face legal consequences. im sure you would love to go smack some hot chick's ass but you won't because you know it has potential legal consequences.

Not ture. There is a lack of consequence when it comes to crime or it wouldn't be so prevalent

-Geaux

So what?

No, we need store owners to shoot would be robbers. Robbers would think twice next time if it happened more routinely

-Geaux
Oh what compelling logic. Let everyone have guns. And what's to stop the wrong guy from getting a gun and blowing away an unsuspecting crowd of people who forgot to bring their guns along that day? Obviously many of them would still choose to not own a gun anyway. How many dumb drunken redneck firefights would happen on a daily basis?

Not ture. There is a lack of consequence when it comes to crime or it wouldn't be so prevalent

-Geaux
Come on. You can't actually be this dumb.

So what?

-Geaux
Oh what compelling logic. Let everyone have guns. And what's to stop the wrong guy from getting a gun and blowing away an unsuspecting crowd of people who forgot to bring their guns along that day? Obviously many of them would still choose to not own a gun anyway. How many dumb drunken redneck firefights would happen on a daily basis?

Not everyone needs a gun. Just those who need to defend themselves

-Geaux

-Geaux

I'm serious. We need more consequence for breaking the law. What good is a bark with no bite?

-Geaux

So what?

And you still haven't told me how making it even harder and more expensive than it is now for law abiding people to exercise their legal rights will do anything to stop criminals from getting guns
You people cannot be this stupid. I really don't know what to make of it.

What state are you in? Because obviously the ease in obtaining a gun widely varies. Seriously getting a gun in Texas is pretty damn easy. Do we even need to go into the gun show loophole?

So what?

-Geaux

Whats's to stop a Muslim that entered the country via immigration from blowing us up, you know, unsuspecting people.

-Geaux

-Geaux

I'm serious. We need more consequence for breaking the law. What good is a bark with no bite?

-Geaux
Lol and what exactly are you proposing?

-Geaux

Whats's to stop a Muslim that entered the country via immigration from blowing us up, you know, unsuspecting people.

-Geaux
Lol that's why we need laws to prevent people like him from getting weapons.

I honestly feel as though republicans/Rightwingers are the ones who make the biggest issue out of guns. It's amazing they can be so dramatic about the 2nd amendment. It's purely emotional really. It makes them see threats that really aren't there. Even now 7 years into Obama's presidency some of them still believe he is coming for their guns despite the fact that he has NEVER advocated for gun grabbing of any kind. All he talks about is better regulation and exploring resolving issues associated with violent mentally ill people to prevent gun violence. It concerns him and other liberals that 11,000 people die of gun violence per year. Isn't that reasonable? Shouldn't SOMETHING be done about that? Wouldn't gun nuts prefer laws that prevent terrorists from obtaining weapons? No one is talking about abolishing the 2nd amendment. I mean my god talk about absolutely impossible. No democrat would even want to try.

Gun nuts fail to grasp any level of nuance in the gun control issue. They see any democrat push of gun control as an automatic slippery slope to gun grabbing and abolishing the 2nd amendment. It is so goddam delusional. Nothing about that is rooted in reality.

I honestly feel that deep down many gun nuts WANT democrats to push gun control legislation. I mean for starters gun control legislation rarely ever passes. Gun nuts really have nothing to fear. What it comes down to is living in fantasy land. They LIKE the idea of the threat. Their 12 year old minds make them imagine themselves standing up for liberty and taking down government tyranny with their weapons of freedom! Hollywood stuff you know? It makes them feel more like masculine. It makes them forget about their small penises.

Now all that being said. Can we come to a mutual COMPROMISE on the gun control issue?

upload_2016-3-22_7-24-38.jpeg

-Geaux

-Geaux

1- Less restrictive gun laws allowing store owners the means to procure a weapon and then shoot these criminals
2- Commit a crime with a firearm and its automatic 10 years in the big house FIRST OFFENSE
3- 3 Stikes Law. Commit 3 felonies and its automatic LIFE in prison

-Geaux

-Geaux

-Geaux

Yep, we deny them entry to the US. No need to worry after that about gun availability in America

-Geaux

-Geaux

-Geaux

Yep, we deny them entry to the US. No need to worry after that about gun availability in America

-Geaux
Yet many of the attacks against us have been homegrown.

-Geaux

-Geaux

-Geaux
Yet many of the attacks against us have been homegrown.

But you were using a terrorist example. So now we are shifting to homegrown?

Immigration hasn't ramped up yet. Germany is just what we will look like later if not avoided

Got it

-Geaux

I honestly feel as though republicans/Rightwingers are the ones who make the biggest issue out of guns. It's amazing they can be so dramatic about the 2nd amendment. It's purely emotional really. It makes them see threats that really aren't there. Even now 7 years into Obama's presidency some of them still believe he is coming for their guns despite the fact that he has NEVER advocated for gun grabbing of any kind. All he talks about is better regulation and exploring resolving issues associated with violent mentally ill people to prevent gun violence. It concerns him and other liberals that 11,000 people die of gun violence per year. Isn't that reasonable? Shouldn't SOMETHING be done about that? Wouldn't gun nuts prefer laws that prevent terrorists from obtaining weapons? No one is talking about abolishing the 2nd amendment. I mean my god talk about absolutely impossible. No democrat would even want to try.

Gun nuts fail to grasp any level of nuance in the gun control issue. They see any democrat push of gun control as an automatic slippery slope to gun grabbing and abolishing the 2nd amendment. It is so goddam delusional. Nothing about that is rooted in reality.

I honestly feel that deep down many gun nuts WANT democrats to push gun control legislation. I mean for starters gun control legislation rarely ever passes. Gun nuts really have nothing to fear. What it comes down to is living in fantasy land. They LIKE the idea of the threat. Their 12 year old minds make them imagine themselves standing up for liberty and taking down government tyranny with their weapons of freedom! Hollywood stuff you know? It makes them feel more like masculine. It makes them forget about their small penises.

Now all that being said. Can we come to a mutual COMPROMISE on the gun control issue?

It's a dick thing.

Male insecurity.

Small, tiny pricks... compensation etc.

So what?

So tell me how making it harder for the average guy to own a gun will stop a criminal from getting one

It's a simple request why won't you answer it?

And no law stops a criminal rapist from committing rape. No law against murder stops serial killers. No law against theft stops thieves.

You people think everyone is a criminal at heart and it is simply not true

-Geaux

-Geaux

1- Less restrictive gun laws allowing store owners the means to procure a weapon and then shoot these criminals
2- Commit a crime with a firearm and its automatic 10 years in the big house FIRST OFFENSE
3- 3 Stikes Law. Commit 3 felonies and its automatic LIFE in prison

-Geaux

I'm more of the mind for automatic life in prison for any crime committed while in the possession of a firearm

It's a dick thing.

Male insecurity.

Small, tiny pricks... compensation etc.

Usually people who use the small penis analogy are projecting if males and envious if females

Forum List

Back