🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why Are Republicans the Only Climate-Science-Denying Party in the World?

Because the U.S. holds 1/3 of the entire world population of evangelical Christians, and they make up the base of the republican party. And science is not compatible with Christian fundamentalism. To them Jesus is in charge of the climate, so who cares?
No crap science and agendas do not hold water.
The Earth is ever changing concerning water and land masses. Buried cities in watery graves throughout the world are evidence of that. Even the fauna buried under the polar ice show that once it was thriving with plant life before it was buried. The center of the United States is full of limestone quarries where you can go even today and discover that these places were once ocean floor bottoms.

Probably because we actually understand the scientific method.

Every time reality doesn't fit the conclusions, climate-change defenders never consider the conclusion is flawed...they go back and change the data to fit the conclusion. The conclusion is set in stone and the data is malleable, where the scientific method requires the opposite.

Just as an example:

Scientists conclude that global warming never went on 'hiatus'
Why don't we all just do this, wait until the sky falls and the world comes to an end. I'm patient!!

If we do that, and the sky doesn't fall and the world doesn't come to an end, there will be no faith in science whatsoever. The scientific community will look stupid, academia will look stupid, the folks who defended them will be resentful, as they will also look stupid, politicians who promoted the errant, misinformed, misguided policies will look stupid, the UN will look stupid and the President will look stupid.

That's a lot of incentive NOT to do nothing. So, what they will do is do something...anything...spent billions, force ridiculous regulations, stifle the economy, increase energy costs...then claim victory saying what they did saved the world...when instead, they just saved their reputations...saved face.
They already look stupid and the congress that has help the science based agendas that have said, "Well we should do this consequences be dam" or "if there is a problem then we can deal with it" should be neutered and tossed back into the fray with the common folk.

Every time reality doesn't fit the conclusions, climate-change defenders never consider the conclusion is flawed...they go back and change the data to fit the conclusion. The conclusion is set in stone and the data is malleable, where the scientific method requires the opposite.

Just as an example:

Why don't we all just do this, wait until the sky falls and the world comes to an end. I'm patient!!

If we do that, and the sky doesn't fall and the world doesn't come to an end, there will be no faith in science whatsoever. The scientific community will look stupid, academia will look stupid, the folks who defended them will be resentful, as they will also look stupid, politicians who promoted the errant, misinformed, misguided policies will look stupid, the UN will look stupid and the President will look stupid.

That's a lot of incentive NOT to do nothing. So, what they will do is do something...anything...spent billions, force ridiculous regulations, stifle the economy, increase energy costs...then claim victory saying what they did saved the world...when instead, they just saved their reputations...saved face.

As far as I'm concerned the one's that started out supporting the 'global warming' propaganda already look stupid and I have no respect for them.

I hope they loose all their funding because...

*****SMILE*****

:)

Australians are pretty good at it also. But the OP wouldn't know that.

Skeptics have already won most of the credibility on the topic. In the past couple decades ALL of the catastrophic estimates have either outright failed or been DRASTICALLY revised downward.

It's never been an argument about whether CO2 has some warming power. It's been a discussion of all the theorized "multipliers and feedbacks" that was gonna make this a case of impending doom.

What we DON'T really know about the climate dynamics or climate history would STUN the OP.
It's not over til the fat lady sings..

You can SMELL the desperation. Time to call in Hollywood and the Pope and tell the Coast Guard that Global Warming is their top priority mission for this century.. :cuckoo: STUNNING program of hype and propaganda.

Because the U.S. holds 1/3 of the entire world population of evangelical Christians, and they make up the base of the republican party. And science is not compatible with Christian fundamentalism. To them Jesus is in charge of the climate, so who cares?
No crap science and agendas do not hold water.
The Earth is ever changing concerning water and land masses. Buried cities in watery graves throughout the world are evidence of that. Even the fauna buried under the polar ice show that once it was thriving with plant life before it was buried. The center of the United States is full of limestone quarries where you can go even today and discover that these places were once ocean floor bottoms.
Ya bro.

The CORRECT political platform would be:

1) Guarantee a series of very public debates on the topic IN THE WHITEHOUSE.

2) Assure that funding for climate science is NOT conditioned on finding only man-made causes of warming.

3) Stop the lying and misrepresentation about carbon pollution being the same as CO2 emissions by govt agencies.

That would be a good political start.

images

The climate isn't driven by the CO2 content of the Earth's atmosphere...

It's driven by the temperature of the sun, which rings like a bell (Astronomy 101), and the temperature of the ocean which is a major driver of the climate because it retains heat like a boiler (Astronomy 101).

The only time the CO2 content of the atmosphere would become a major factor is if the atmosphere becomes thick as soup like Venus' atmosphere.

I won't deny that cleaning up the environment itself isn't important and I'm all for it.

Making the climate a apocalyptic issue was the wrong move to attempt to pull on me because it only displays a dishonest intent on the part of the scientists and politicians who supported the issue.

*****SMILE*****

Just as an example:

Why don't we waste $80 trillion to cool the planet 0.1 degrees in 2080?

My, my. Once we remove all them damned knownothing scientists from science, think how quickly this nation will advance.

Just as an example:

Because, we won't be wasting 80 trillion. Instead we will be investing in energy that does not pollute, is cheaper, and does not require that we destroy the environment to use it.

Just as an example:

Because, we won't be wasting 80 trillion. Instead we will be investing in energy that does not pollute, is cheaper, and does not require that we destroy the environment to use it.

Let me know when I can run my 70 Olds Cutlass 442 on wind power.

Just as an example:

It wouldn't cost that much. I can cool it off by at least 10 degrees within a few years with probably only spending a couple billion..

*****CHUCKLE*****

Uh.....uh, because they're stupid white people who's brain consist of concrete and gator spit. Uh, because they're bought and paid for with special interest money...uh, because they're from a country that can see Russia from its porch, hell I dunno!!

560950aa1b00002f00dfdab9.jpg

No. UKIP in the UK are another example. They run on similar policies too. I'd bet most far right parties are against it too.

And who gives a damn about running an inefficient slow old rust bucket like that?

I see you know nothing about Detroit glory either.

Only out on sunny days. I love to pull up next to a "Smart Car". Must feel like an earthquake in there.

If you care more for cash than the future, if you accept the 'science' from energy companies, if you don't understand science to begin with, if you cannot accept the long term ramifications of pollution, if you don't see a big gas guzzling Hummer as a polluter but a status symbol, you're not going to believe in global climate change. And you're likely to vote Republican.

Forum List

Back