Why are schools failing, here's why.

You are talking about of both sides of you mouth.
How is it that students/parents show less respect for teachers on one statement, then the next statement you try to blame it on some agenda.
It would seem if a parent made their child respect authority that is what would happen.
Right wingers! Cheeez go figure.
:eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

Kids, Parents Losing Respect For Teachers

A new Harris poll says only 31% of kids actually respect their teachers today. That’s down from 79%. Etiquette expert Colleen Rickenbacker isn't surprised at all.

snip

And what's worse only 49% of parents respect teachers according to the poll. That number is down from 91%.

This is what the liberal agenda has done to our schools, remove discipline, kids lose respect and you remove effectiveness in the class room. This poll was conducted in the Houston Independent School District but I guarantee the same attitudes would be similar in every major city in the country.

Elections do indeed have consequences, we keep electing commies to run our schools we will continue to produce idiots.

Victim-hood? Is this the same defense as the "affluency" defense that one of your fellow texans claimed was why their child didn't know the difference between right and wrong.
Isn't your mantra...individual responsibility? Seems you don't really agree or follow your own philosophy.

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!:eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

A new Harris poll says only 31% of kids actually respect their teachers today. That’s down from 79%. Etiquette expert Colleen Rickenbacker isn't surprised at all.

snip

And what's worse only 49% of parents respect teachers according to the poll. That number is down from 91%.

This is what the liberal agenda has done to our schools, remove discipline, kids lose respect and you remove effectiveness in the class room. This poll was conducted in the Houston Independent School District but I guarantee the same attitudes would be similar in every major city in the country.

Elections do indeed have consequences, we keep electing commies to run our schools we will continue to produce idiots.

LOL, Houston's population is not representative of the nations population. I suspect Houston parents have been subjected to the conservative rhetoric to a much greater degree than much of our country; and that rhetoric blames the schools and teachers, Hollywood and music and not the parents for Jr's failures.

BTW, what is the "liberal agenda" of which you right?

No the parents of Houston are subjected to the same victim-hood message that you find in any major US city, they are represented by commies like Shelia (I never met a dead person I didn't like) jackass Lee and if you read the link you would know only 49% of parents had any respect for teachers. Liberals have gotten discipline removed from schools in favor of the criminal justice system and the inner city culture teaches kids that it worth killing for sneakers. But it all started with liberals removing discipline from schools more than 40 years ago.

Last edited:
Victim-hood? Is this the same defense as the "affluency" defense that one of your fellow texans claimed was why their child didn't know the difference between right and wrong.
Isn't your mantra...individual responsibility? Seems you don't really agree or follow your own philosophy.

LOL, Houston's population is not representative of the nations population. I suspect Houston parents have been subjected to the conservative rhetoric to a much greater degree than much of our country; and that rhetoric blames the schools and teachers, Hollywood and music and not the parents for Jr's failures.

BTW, what is the "liberal agenda" of which you right?

No the parents of Houston are subjected to the same victim-hood message that you find in any major US city, they are represented by commies like Shelia (I never met a dead person I didn't like) jackass Lee and if you read the link you would know only 49% of parents had any respect for teachers. Liberals have gotten discipline removed from schools in favor of the criminal justice system and the inner city culture teaches kids that it worth killing for sneakers. But it all started with liberals removing discipline from schools more than 40 years ago.

Seem you need to go to a remedial reading class, I was responding to another comment, but like most of your kind you have no problem taking things out of context.

They are failing because they have become day care centers and substitute homes instead of institutions of education.

No time for the 3 Rs.

snip

This is almost entirely the fault of the Right's long campaign to scapegoat and demonize teachers.

Really? How so? Do elaborate....

Pop Quiz:

There was a time when a conservative was the smartest person in the room. These days, a person who self-identifies as a conservative is likely to be the stupidest, most gullible person in the room. How did the commie bastards achieve this?

A. Integration of our schools.
B. Fluoride in the water.
C. Because Obama!
D. All of the above.

Wrong.
The Audacious Epigone: Politics and IQ; Conservative Democrats and liberal Republicans least intelligent

The average conservative is smarter than the average liberal, albeit slightly. Conservative Republicans are hardly the dullest knives in the drawer.

I don;t think G5 really cares when he is proven wrong... He simply likes to come here to tell people off.

Pop Quiz:

There was a time when a conservative was the smartest person in the room. These days, a person who self-identifies as a conservative is likely to be the stupidest, most gullible person in the room. How did the commie bastards achieve this?

A. Integration of our schools.
B. Fluoride in the water.
C. Because Obama!
D. All of the above.

Wrong.
The Audacious Epigone: Politics and IQ; Conservative Democrats and liberal Republicans least intelligent

The average conservative is smarter than the average liberal, albeit slightly. Conservative Republicans are hardly the dullest knives in the drawer.

They're hardly the sharpest, and if one considers the self defined conservatives who post on this message board, many wouldn't be able to cut soft butter. Notice I wrote "self defined" conservative for most who claim that banner have not a clue what it means in political terms.

Being, militaristic, homophobic, intolerant of diversity in our population (in terms of race, ethnicity, creed, region) and uber nationalistic is more akin to Fascism than to Conservatism.

First off Democrats are the bigger of the 2 war parties... Secondly Dems far more than Republican make it about skin color, language, and wealth... Dems do by far the most dividing. Don;t believe me? Just wait for Obama's SOTU where he divides the country further.

And as always, I'm not nor do I support the Republican party.

They are failing because they have become day care centers and substitute homes instead of institutions of education.

No time for the 3 Rs.

Yep, and they have to be taught discipline. A proper swat to the ass never killed a kid, but it can get their attention.

Typical. My response was to your initial post but then you can avoid it if you choose.
Still talking out of both sides of your mouth.
:cuckoo:

Seem you need to go to a remedial reading class, I was responding to another comment, but like most of your kind you have no problem taking things out of context.

Those who "blame teachers" are simply looking for an excuse. Morals are gone. Violence, promiscuous sex, drugs, are glorified on TV and movies. We live in a society that does not respect teachers. As a former business owner I always admired the teachers in my district as most of them have given up a much higher earning potential to help kids like mine who are now successful and happy. There are bad teachers just like in EVERY other profession. But the good ones aren't respected either in this day and age. I never once balked at their salaries or benefits. They were more than deserving of them.

Very nicely stated. Thank you.
:clap2:

Those who "blame teachers" are simply looking for an excuse. Morals are gone. Violence, promiscuous sex, drugs, are glorified on TV and movies. We live in a society that does not respect teachers. As a former business owner I always admired the teachers in my district as most of them have given up a much higher earning potential to help kids like mine who are now successful and happy. There are bad teachers just like in EVERY other profession. But the good ones aren't respected either in this day and age. I never once balked at their salaries or benefits. They were more than deserving of them.

Typical. My response was to your initial post but then you can avoid it if you choose.
Still talking out of both sides of your mouth.
:cuckoo:

Funny you didn't quote the original post, care to try again, maybe then you could actually ask a coherent question that I can answer.

Amazing, you act like an ass all through the thread and then applaud the very premiss of the thread. The crap in blue are the things the left have been pushing for decades. Moral equivalence, no discipline for children, free for all society and then they try to balance it all with zero tolerance policies and everyone wonders why the US is sooooooo fucked up.

No, you are the backwards one. I read your post and know exactly the way you have stated what you wanted to state.
What I applauded was said an entirely different light than anything you said.
Nice try.

Amazing, you act like an ass all through the thread and then applaud the very premiss of the thread. The crap in blue are the things the left have been pushing for decades. Moral equivalence, no discipline for children, free for all society and then they try to balance it all with zero tolerance policies and everyone wonders why the US is sooooooo fucked up.

Forum List

Back