🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why are the debating dems speaking Spanish and not Chinese

The hand raising (waving bye bye really) and this is proof positive that democrats believe they are elected for and work for non Americans.

From Vox, the real reason they spoke Spanish. (By the way, it sounds like Booker sucked.)

The candidates were speaking to a Miami audience — a key voting bloc for Democrats. About 69 percent of Miami residents are Latinx, and most of them feel more comfortable speaking Spanish than English. Democrats really, really need Florida Latinos to vote for them and flip Florida back to blue.

As Latinx Americans noted online, the candidates’ effort to speak Spanish was significant: 41 million people in the US speak Spanish, and it’s rare to be addressed on a national stage and shown that respect.

Spanish-language networks loved hearing Democrats debate en español

It's really horrible that someone spoke in Spanish, isn't it? I mean, being bilingual....who the heck does he think he is?

We know what he is.
He is a racist demagogue pandering for the votes of racist Democrat Voters who do not accept that America is a sovereign country with a border.
Which race is he pandering?

The racist Aztlan Nationalist wing of the Democratic Party.
They will eventually be the majority of voters inside the Democratic Party.

It's really horrible that someone spoke in Spanish, isn't it? I mean, being bilingual....who the heck does he think he is?

We know what he is.
He is a racist demagogue pandering for the votes of racist Democrat Voters who do not accept that America is a sovereign country with a border.
Which race is he pandering?

The racist Aztlan Nationalist wing of the Democratic Party.
They will eventually be the majority of voters inside the Democratic Party.

and I will still speak Spanish.

I am only now hearing about what in the hell was it that occurred during the fiasco that is the democratic debates. Apparently, the democrats are difficulty recalling whether they are attending an American or a Mexican election.

Buttigieg opens second night of Democratic debate with first answer in Spanish

What in the hell? Close the border immediately and ship the people to their home lands.

I've got no problem with anyone speaking any language here in these United States. However, speaking whatever language to pander to some specific demographic for political currency is sycophantic at best and in speaking one's native language, one also needs to be capable of communicating in the lingo of the natives, which is boring old English, American style. Speak a dialect of Hindi for all I care, just please be ready to say, "excuse me" in "American". That is all . . .

From Vox, the real reason they spoke Spanish. (By the way, it sounds like Booker sucked.)

The candidates were speaking to a Miami audience — a key voting bloc for Democrats. About 69 percent of Miami residents are Latinx, and most of them feel more comfortable speaking Spanish than English. Democrats really, really need Florida Latinos to vote for them and flip Florida back to blue.

As Latinx Americans noted online, the candidates’ effort to speak Spanish was significant: 41 million people in the US speak Spanish, and it’s rare to be addressed on a national stage and shown that respect.

If I immigrated to France or Italy I would accept their lanuage and learn their language.
The Democrats who do not accept that we are an English speaking country are bigots.

If I immigrated to France or Italy I would accept their lanuage and learn their language.
The Democrats who do not accept that we are an English speaking country are bigots.
Don't be ridiculous. They don't accept that we are an English speaking country? What are you smoking?
It's not a bad move to make the effort to speak the native language of 2/3 of your crowd, if only a few sentences. It is a campaign, remember.

You didn't mention any other countries.

And why would I need to mention any other countries?.......

Because there are many Spanish-speaking countries.
Do they vote in AMERICAN elections?
Are Spanish speaking citizens allowed to vote in American elections? Or is that another thing that donnie's GOP wants to voter suppress?
And more diversion....

This isn't about people who speak other languages. It isn't about your feelings.
It is about an AMERICAN election and the need to speak English so AMERICANS can make an informed decision.

Are you saying none of the candidates spoke English at all during the debates? Maybe you should check your TV.

Are Spanish speaking citizens allowed to vote in American elections? Or is that another thing that donnie's GOP wants to voter suppress?
And more diversion....

This isn't about people who speak other languages. It isn't about your feelings.
It is about an AMERICAN election and the need to speak English so AMERICANS can make an informed decision.

Are you saying none of the candidates spoke English at all during the debates? Maybe you should check your TV.
Oh cool! I love putting up fake arguments to later knock down and proclaim victory!

Don't be ridiculous. They don't accept that we are an English speaking country? What are you smoking?
It's not a bad move to make the effort to speak the native language of 2/3 of your crowd, if only a few sentences. It is a campaign, remember.

The 2020 Democrat candidates are pandering to the Aztlan racist who want to change America into another third world Latino country. Basically the border invaders are looting the American taxpayers for about $130 billion per year and the Democrats are helping them.

It’s a national election and not mayor of Miami

And more diversion....

Claro, lo hicieron aunque la mayoría de las escuchas probablemente sólo hablabainglés.

CRCs think that people who speak Spanish aren't Americans.....and that they are secretly talking about them....saying rude things.

People who speak only Spanish most likely aren't Americans. People who address the people of America in Spanish are probably representing some other country.
Who said anything about people who speak ONLY Spanish? But if you go to any enclave of foreign born (check out NYC for that), the first generation often only speaks the original language well and English not so well...second generation speaks English well but not totally fluent and barely speak their parents language at a conversational level...the third generation is fluent in English and can barely speak to their grandparents. This is the pattern no matter where they come from.

We know what he is.
Wow! All because he had the NERVE to speak Spanish at a debate. Pretty powerful stuff, this speaking Spanish thingee.

CRCs think that people who speak Spanish aren't Americans.....and that they are secretly talking about them....saying rude things.

People who speak only Spanish most likely aren't Americans. People who address the people of America in Spanish are probably representing some other country.
Who said anything about people who speak ONLY Spanish? But if you go to any enclave of foreign born (check out NYC for that), the first generation often only speaks the original language well and English not so well...second generation speaks English well but not totally fluent and barely speak their parents language at a conversational level...the third generation is fluent in English and can barely speak to their grandparents. This is the pattern no matter where they come from.

Who gives a shit what language they speak? If they can't comprehend English, the language of the country, they can fuck right off. Certainly, they shouldn't be voting in our elections.

I wish we could show this kind of thread to all the Cuban Americans in Florida.

Well considering the vast majority had no idea what he said...all I can add is Aye Jotito.

I've got no problem with this either, as bilingualism is a great strength for anyone. But if anyone, a candidate for President in particular, is gonna do it then they could at least attempt to sound less condescending and their words in whatever language need to be immediately translated or subtitled for those who speak only English or whatever. Were I a native Spanish speaker, that creaky speak at the debates would likely have made my eardrums run and hide.

Forum List

Back