Why are the liberals so scared of voter ID?

Here's where I see the GOP having problems.

1) Competence. The GOP got a lot of leeway for their occassionally heartless (or more generously, hard-nosed) Policy positions because in the past, they showed a capability for being able to get things done. Bush single handedly destroyed that between Iraq and Katrina.

2) Social Issues- The ground has shifted on most of these, but the GOP refuses to move. Gay marriage is going to happen. Abortion is going to remain legal.

3) Losing touch with the working class- Hey, remember that time the GOP put the interests of working folks ahead of htat of a big corporation?

No?

Funny, neither can I. And that's the problem.

1) Competence. The GOP got a lot of leeway for their occassionally heartless (or more generously, hard-nosed) Policy positions because in the past, they showed a capability for being able to get things done. Bush single handedly destroyed that between Iraq and Katrina.

2) Social Issues- The ground has shifted on most of these, but the GOP refuses to move. Gay marriage is going to happen. Abortion is going to remain legal.

3) Losing touch with the working class- Hey, remember that time the GOP put the interests of working folks ahead of htat of a big corporation?

No?

losing touch with the working class-----------unions are demanding that obamacare be repealed.

Bush/Katrina = Obama/Sandy. a wash on storms

social issues----the majority agree with the GOP positions on gay marriage and abortion.

you need to stop getting your info from left wing fringe blogs.

No?

losing touch with the working class-----------unions are demanding that obamacare be repealed.

social issues----the majority agree with the GOP positions on gay marriage and abortion.

Links that support ANY of the above claims?

Sadly, this is what happens when a Case of Obama Derangement Syndrome becomes too advanced.

[

Do you have a source for that, or are you making shit up. The ACA doesn't even really apply to unions, most of whom provide decent health care to their members and families.

[

Not really. Sandy was a more powerful storm hitting a more densely populated area that wasn't used to this kind of weather.

And while Bush's inaction was denounced by the effected mayors and governors, even Republican mayors and Governors praised Obama's response.

Which is what happens when you don't put guys who run horse shows in charge of FEMA.

What majority is that? And if that's the case, why didn't Romney win in a landslide?

Even the GOP admits that Akin, Murdoch and Limbaugh's misogynistic language killed them with women.

You need to stop getting yours from Hate Radio.

The dems have good arguments to oppose voter ID laws, but to put up such a tremendous fight against it just adds to the already deafening partisan bickering we sorely need to get rid of, and to have the laws is just good common sense and a good plan for the long run.

The key is "the long run". These laws are not being carefully and thoughtfully put together because the goal isn't to keep fraud from happening but to keep minorities and poor people from voting. Collateral damage in their drive to keep people from voting are the old people that would likely vote their way if they were allowed.

Think Getting “Free” ID Is Easy? Think Again!

WHOEVER doesn't have an ID or is not able to produce might be better off not voting for our sake anyway.

The dems have good arguments to oppose voter ID laws, but to put up such a tremendous fight against it just adds to the already deafening partisan bickering we sorely need to get rid of, and to have the laws is just good common sense and a good plan for the long run.

The key is "the long run". These laws are not being carefully and thoughtfully put together because the goal isn't to keep fraud from happening but to keep minorities and poor people from voting. Collateral damage in their drive to keep people from voting are the old people that would likely vote their way if they were allowed.

WHOEVER doesn't have an ID or is not able to produce might be better off not voting for our sake anyway.

That's exactly the GOPs view..."we don't want "those people" voting". You play the part well.

No?

GWB tax rates did more for the poor and middle class than any-one
Bush?s Tax Cuts for the ?Rich? Actually Favor the Poor | AllFinancialMatters

That's exactly the GOPs view..."we don't want "those people" voting". You play the part well.

You are 100% correct
If you do not have a legal place in this country to vote
we do not want you to vote
That means a valid govt issues photo ID that every-one has to have any-way to exist

You are 100% correct
That means a valid govt issues photo ID that every-one has to have any-way to exist

Read the link to see who "those people" are.

You are 100% correct

Read the link to see who "those people" are.

There is no link or no event that will change my mind
If your 100 years old and cannot get to your local place to get thjsi govt ID I can promise you thje GOP and or the Democratic party have people who will come and get you and take you there

I mean really
what are you so scared of?
the democratic party is allready going out on election day and picking up people taking them to get registard and then to vote.
If the GOP does not do the same, what do you care?

Last edited:

No?

Oh? How many? and where?

:lol: Sure....keep telling yourself that. :lol:

On what planet? Because that's certainly not true here. on earth. in the United States.

Tooooooooooooooooooooooooo funny! :rofl: :rofl:

Let's just abolish ID altogether. Being leftists think no ID is required to vote, then no ID should be required to drive, to get a job.. Why even have assigned Social Security numbers?? Isn't that racist and discriminatory?

You have to give some plausible reason, when there really is no clear argument for or against voter ID. Giving something at least allows the possibility of ending the acrimony in an area which can easily be decided one way or another if democrats or republicans had the least amount of willpower to do ANYTHING in Washington.

No?

Oh? How many? and where?

:lol: Sure....keep telling yourself that. :lol:

On what planet? Because that's certainly not true here. on earth. in the United States.

Tooooooooooooooooooooooooo funny! :rofl: :rofl:

How many states have voted in gay marriage?
thats your poll there
even in California
Keeping telling my self what? that there are vicitms of the storm Sandy still home-less?
and that come to find out Katrina was a local issue and state issue?
The media blamed GWB for the lack of bus support while 1000s of scholl buses flooded

GWB did not cause Katrina
GWB never told any-one to build there home 18 foot below sea level
the level of fraud with the re build of the levees is wide known

Could the federal govt do a better job?
Yep
both occasions

[

How many states have voted in gay marriage?
thats your poll there
even in California

Actually, no new states have voted to ban gay marriage since then and a few have voted to legalize it. Not that we should ever put people's rights up for a vote.

But don't be shocked if the GOP stops talking about the subject.

[
Keeping telling my self what? that there are vicitms of the storm Sandy still home-less?
and that come to find out Katrina was a local issue and state issue?
The media blamed GWB for the lack of bus support while 1000s of scholl buses flooded

GWB did not cause Katrina
GWB never told any-one to build there home 18 foot below sea level
the level of fraud with the re build of the levees is wide known

Could the federal govt do a better job?
Yep
both occasions

IN the case of Katrina, Bush sat on his ranch as the Hurricane approached. He appointed a crony to run FEMA who was totally unqualified for the job, and then had to fire him.

You have to give some plausible reason, when there really is no clear argument for or against voter ID. Giving something at least allows the possibility of ending the acrimony in an area which can easily be decided one way or another if democrats or republicans had the least amount of willpower to do ANYTHING in Washington.

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times...I don't have a problem with a voter ID law that is wisely implemented keeping the rights of the voters first and foremost. When you are disenfranchising more voters than you are stopping actual fraud (in like a thousand to one margin), that is not a wise policy...unless your goal is to disenfranchise voters.

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times...I don't have a problem with a voter ID law that is wisely implemented keeping the rights of the voters first and foremost. When you are disenfranchising more voters than you are stopping actual fraud (in like a thousand to one margin), that is not a wise policy...unless your goal is to disenfranchise voters.

who, specifically, is disenfranchised by voter ID laws? Who are these people who have no valid form of ID? how do they pick up their welfare checks? their food stamp cards? how do they register for unemployment?

who are these mysterious people who have no ID?

who, specifically, is disenfranchised by voter ID laws? Who are these people who have no valid form of ID? how do they pick up their welfare checks? their food stamp cards? how do they register for unemployment?

Links already provided.

Links already provided.

yes, and they show that the people with no form of ID are .015% of the population.

So we should accept the ability to commit voter fraud in exchange for possible disenfranchisement of a few thousand people who probably would not vote if they had an ID.

Forum List

Back