Why are the liberals so scared of voter ID?

There are instances where people need to produce proof through a valid ID as part of their everyday lives, it's not as if the we are reaching towards a concept that is so completely foreign to many of us. Whether it's a library card, air travel, or even purchasing alcohol, a valid ID has never been proven to be a hindrance throughout our society's day to day lifestyle.

The shackles of big government are imposed on us via incremental encroachments that are always pitched as "minor inconveniences". We should resist such encroachment, especially when motivated by duplicitous politics.

The only problem with your theory? The left is cheating in order to take the very rights you claim to hold so dear.
And showing an ID to vote is the least of our problems when it comes to the erosion of our freedoms.

They're "cheating" with bread and circuses, and by media manipulation. And while there very well may be election fraud going on, it's ridiculously implausible to suggest it's happening at the individual voter level. There are far more effective ways to steal elections, ways that voter id laws will never touch.

This issue just doesn't pass the bullshit test for me. It's a purely partisan attempt to squelch "undesirable" votes.

How do Liberals honestly think that minorities are being oppressed by being asked to provide ID to vote?

It doesn't stop with voter ID, and I do with the cons would stop with this "gawsh, all ya gotta do is get an ID" bullshit. It also involves shit like moving DMV's out of Democratic areas and making sure there's way more polling places, as a percentage of the number of voters, in Republican areas than in Democratic areas

Actually it shouldn't just stop with voter ID but the problem is it should go in a different direction. The direction of making it harder to commit election fraud or voter fraud. Remember that time in Wisconsin when somebody just happened to "find" some ballots? You don't see a huge security problem right there? And the the boxes where you put your paper ballot, there are some of those where you just drop it in like you were entering a contest or something. And very often you can put in more than one at a time. But nothing's being done about any of that

Horseshit, there is no evidence to support those idiotic claims. There is however, evidence of liberal organizations like Acorn engaging in voter fraud.

Without voter fraud Franken would not be a senator------and you damn well know it.

There is no evidence of Acorn engaging in voter fraud, or Senator Franken

I have never been challenged when I VOTE. I HAVE VALID id's. When someone objects to fair and common sense thing like voter ID's, that doesn't make a bit of sense. Why NOT? Most of us don't have a problem living up to such a simple standard, so what is the crime NOW?

How many hours did you have to stand in line to vote?

And would somebody please explain to me why the hell the right wing thinks that elections are 100% completely cheat proof, except for voter ID?

The shackles of big government are imposed on us via incremental encroachments that are always pitched as "minor inconveniences". We should resist such encroachment, especially when motivated by duplicitous politics.

The only problem with your theory? The left is cheating in order to take the very rights you claim to hold so dear.
And showing an ID to vote is the least of our problems when it comes to the erosion of our freedoms.

They're "cheating" with bread and circuses, and by media manipulation. And while there very well may be election fraud going on, it's ridiculously implausible to suggest it's happening at the individual voter level. There are far more effective ways to steal elections, ways that voter id laws will never touch.

This issue just doesn't pass the bullshit test for me. It's a purely partisan attempt to squelch "undesirable" votes.

Yes there are far better ways. Paperless voting machines for example

we already have those. the ballot is not the problem. Getting into the polling place without having to prove you are who you claim to be is the problem.

I will never understand why anyone objects to proving that they are the person whose name is on the voter rolls before casting their vote.

And would somebody please explain to me why the hell the right wing thinks that elections are 100% completely cheat proof, except for voter ID?

no one has said that. Voter ID is but one way to make them more cheat proof.

but since you jumped in here, who in the usa today does not have some form of ID?

I posted a study earlier that showed that 0.15% of americans may not have some form of govt issued ID. 0.15% of 330,000,000 is ? can you do the math?

Even better
explain to us why having a Govt issued ID to vote is such a bad thing and having a Valid Govt ID to cash a SS check is not?

It is simple
If the will of the people decide they really want 8 years of what BHO gave us, then let it be done with people who are really allowed to vote
In Florida you have about 6 counties out of the 60 plus that decide who wins the delegates
Most of those people are from the NE
Or
Illegal aliens
Or
convicted felons

The system is broken and all we want to do is make it legal

Last edited:

we already have those. the ballot is not the problem. Getting into the polling place without having to prove you are who you claim to be is the problem.

I will never understand why anyone objects to proving that they are the person whose name is on the voter rolls before casting their vote.

Because there are people who, for whatever reason, don't have IDs and won't have them when it comes time to vote. The obvious purpose of the voter ID clamor, despite excuses offered up, is to squelch as many votes for Democrats as possible. I'm fine with that as a goal. I don't like Democrats. But I dislike hypocrisy even more, and the voter ID nonsense reeks of it.

Because there are people who, for whatever reason, don't have IDs and won't have them when it comes time to vote. The obvious purpose of the voter ID clamor, despite excuses offered up, is to squelch as many votes for Democrats as possible. I'm fine with that as a goal. I don't like Democrats. But I dislike hypocrisy even more, and the voter ID nonsense reeks of it.

Lie much?

Who, tell me who and how a Citizen of the United States can NOT have an ID?

Tell me how that works?

Secondly, a person without a valid ID can STILL vote in every jurisdiction I have heard of. The vote will be held until the voter provides proof of ID at STATE EXPENSE at which time the vote will be counted.

Third.... Hundreds of thousands of good men and women DIED to give you the right to vote. Millions more endured unbelievable hardships and millions more were permanently physically maimed or scarred, not to mention the even millions more that were emotionally damaged to one degree or another.

And you want to sit around here and make excuses for people too motherfucking lazy to get off their sorry fucking asses to go get an ID so they can take advantage of a privilege given to them through the blood and suffering of MILLIONS of good Americans?

Fuck

You

And them

Why do you think this about the Democrats?
And why does voter ID reek of hypocrisy?
People died so you have that right to vote
do you think people who either never had that right or gave it up over some white powder should be allowed to mock that sacrifice?

People have to have a valid Govt issued ID to do a tax return
Think about that for a minute

Why do you think this about the Democrats?
And why does voter ID reek of hypocrisy?

Because of my magical insight into the truth of things.

Also because it's fucking obvious.

I'm not going to start a new thread for this. But it's something I think people should be aware because... Well, the LSM isn't going to air it.

Shocking

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DGURa1DfWEo]Rafael Cruz at Free the People - YouTube[/ame]

"They have both hands in our pockets taking our hard earned dollars to buy votes."

Absogoddamnedlutely right. Tammany on steroids. This is plain talk, straight up no chaser.

I understand a little bit more why our Junior Senator is pretty friggin awesome.

H/T Ace of Spades HQ

It is simple
If the will of the people decide they really want 8 years of what BHO gave us, then let it be done with people who are really allowed to vote
In Florida you have about 6 counties out of the 60 plus that decide who wins the delegates
Most of those people are from the NE
Or
Illegal aliens
Or
convicted felons

The system is broken and all we want to do is make it legal

Which is exactly what the dimocraps are afraid of.

if there's no fraud, what's all the excitement about?

Only an idiot wouldn't understand

How do you know if there is fraud unless you have a system in place that prevents it?
Exclusive: O'Keefe Video Exposes Voter Fraud-Friendly Policies in Vermont
One person
One town
One event and ther you have it

All I am saying is I should be held in the same account to vote as I am to buy a gun and pay my taxes
what is the big deal?
what are you scared of?

Then just call it a step in the right direction in the fight against voter fraud.
And anyone who thinks having ID is a bad thing is kinda crazy in my book.

Forum List

Back