Why are the liberals so scared of voter ID?

even moore simple
if no-one is cheating
then why the concern?

even moore simple
if no-one is cheating
then why the concern?

because there could be cheating if voters do not have to identify themselves before voting.

I still do not understand why liberals object.

their claim that many voters in the US do not have ID is just foolishness.

the only explanation is they want to retain the option of illegally stuffing the ballot boxes.

even moore simple
if no-one is cheating
then why the concern?

because there could be cheating if voters do not have to identify themselves before voting.

the only explanation is they want to retain the option of illegally stuffing the ballot boxes.

Liberals object to voter id laws for the same reason conservatives want them - because they fear it will squelch liberal votes. Neither side gives a rat's ass about the 'integrity' of our votes. They just want to win elections.

Because there are people who, for whatever reason, don't have IDs and won't have them when it comes time to vote. The obvious purpose of the voter ID clamor, despite excuses offered up, is to squelch as many votes for Democrats as possible. I'm fine with that as a goal. I don't like Democrats. But I dislike hypocrisy even more, and the voter ID nonsense reeks of it.

Why do you think this about the Democrats?
And why does voter ID reek of hypocrisy?

Because of my magical insight into the truth of things.

Also because it's fucking obvious.

Your making it obvious, no-one else is
you should be just as concerned as to who it is really voting as any-one
people died to make sure you had that right as an American citizen who pays taxes and lives by the laws of the land

even moore simple
if no-one is cheating
then why the concern?

Liberals object to voter id laws for the same reason conservatives want them - because they fear it will squelch liberal votes. Neither side gives a rat's ass about the 'integrity' of our votes. They just want to win elections.

Bull shit
BUUULLLLLLLLLSHIT
it is 100% about the intergrity of the vote
Just like the media bias in this country, it reeks of lies as well as slander towards a certain group
why?
why is it so important to have ones ideals and agenda pushed forth based on lies? Why would you not think that doing the right thing every-time and all the time means nothing?

IT MEANS EVERYTHING

I'm not going to start a new thread for this. But it's something I think people should be aware because... Well, the LSM isn't going to air it.

Shocking

Rafael Cruz at Free the People - YouTube

"They have both hands in our pockets taking our hard earned dollars to buy votes."

Absogoddamnedlutely right. Tammany on steroids. This is plain talk, straight up no chaser.

I understand a little bit more why our Junior Senator is pretty friggin awesome.

H/T Ace of Spades HQ

Gee, he might even have a point.

Of course, ask yourself how they got into that position?

Kind of hard to preach the virtue of hard work to folks when you keep letting the wealthy screw them over.

A Koch Brother, a Teabagger and a Welfare Recipiant go into a resturant. A waiter brings out a dozen cookies, the Koch Brother gobbles down 11 of them and says to the Teabagger, "That Welfare Bum wants half your cookie!"

I'm not going to start a new thread for this. But it's something I think people should be aware because... Well, the LSM isn't going to air it.

Shocking

Rafael Cruz at Free the People - YouTube

"They have both hands in our pockets taking our hard earned dollars to buy votes."

Absogoddamnedlutely right. Tammany on steroids. This is plain talk, straight up no chaser.

I understand a little bit more why our Junior Senator is pretty friggin awesome.

H/T Ace of Spades HQ

Gee, he might even have a point.

Of course, ask yourself how they got into that position?

Kind of hard to preach the virtue of hard work to folks when you keep letting the wealthy screw them over.

A Koch Brother, a Teabagger and a Welfare Recipiant go into a resturant. A waiter brings out a dozen cookies, the Koch Brother gobbles down 11 of them and says to the Teabagger, "That Welfare Bum wants half your cookie!"

As a conservative there are times I have a knee jerk about events such as the 12 cookie scernio you just put forth
but
at the end of the day most all of there walth comes from stocks, ownership, as well as risk
The problem with a person like myself is I will never have the wealth to put my self in that position
Now what is it Koch bro should do?

Or Wall Mart?

Think about it for a minute

wealth creates wealth
8% profit on 10.00 is .80
on 1 billion it is 8 million

Its not that there greedy, there just all ready rich

You would have them give that welath away? then what?

[

As a conservative there are times I have a knee jerk about events such as the 12 cookie scernio you just put forth
but
at the end of the day most all of there walth comes from stocks, ownership, as well as risk
The problem with a person like myself is I will never have the wealth to put my self in that position

Or Wall Mart?

wealth creates wealth

Um, no, actually, I'd take it from them and do something more constructive than Dressage Ponies.

But to correct your misconception. Wealth does not create wealth. Labor creates wealth.

Or as this guy said...

"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration."

Abraham Lincoln

Read more at Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and... - Abraham Lincoln at BrainyQuote

I really do not know
The liberal agenda has gotten so out of whack, none of this including the issue of gays makes any sense to me
Two men? Married?
hell they could form an LLC and have the same thing for the most part
Federal benifits?
what was wrong with a "legal" union?
Nothing of value means any-thing to the left any-more
we have lost what was a great country through judical mandates that would never see the light of day through the will of the people

Why are righties so afraid of voters?

I really do not know
The liberal agenda has gotten so out of whack, none of this including the issue of gays makes any sense to me
Two men? Married?
hell they could form an LLC and have the same thing for the most part
Federal benifits?
what was wrong with a "legal" union?
Nothing of value means any-thing to the left any-more
we have lost what was a great country through judical mandates that would never see the light of day through the will of the people

True.

And you should have stopped there.

[

but

Or Wall Mart?

wealth creates wealth

Um, no, actually, I'd take it from them and do something more constructive than Dressage Ponies.

But to correct your misconception. Wealth does not create wealth. Labor creates wealth.

Or as this guy said...

"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration."

Abraham Lincoln

Read more at Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and... - Abraham Lincoln at BrainyQuote

I read a link about BHO raising cash, lots of it way after the election
you want try that again?
Team Obama still raising money--off Sandy Hook shootings | WashingtonExaminer.com
Obama Still Fund-raising, But He?s Not Running -- Daily Intelligencer

Is this the same fatc ck that stated the jeep commercial was the biggest lie of the year?
How do you think we can find any fraud if we do not require ID?
Think about it

The dems have good arguments to oppose voter ID laws, but to put up such a tremendous fight against it just adds to the already deafening partisan bickering we sorely need to get rid of, and to have the laws is just good common sense and a good plan for the long run.

The Democratic Party believes in dividing voters and using it to win elections.

They should call themselves the Segregation Party.

Instead they hide their true platform and call themselves Democratic.

Dude... Please. Democrats are no more divisive and no less principled then Republicans. They're all politicians. Republicans have no more integrity than anyone else. They do what they need to do to win.

But pubs have won with less than 35% hispanic vote

-Geaux

A trick not likely to be repeated as the browning of America continues.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9D_1uwyaNU]What can brown do for you? - YouTube[/ame]

How can the Democrats win elections if they can't use voter fraud, dead people, felons, and double or triple voter dipping. Use of voter ID would stop a lot of that. Before I go any further, there were many instances in NY State, Ohio, Indiana and the South where Dems were caught violating voting laws.

Got Links?

Links plural... unless you can come up with one story to document the 'many instances' in those several states.

Our country has been voting this way for a long time. The real issue for the Republicans is that they are losing elections. The Republicans should do something to make more people want to vote for them, not change the way we vote.

Well... gerrymandering can only take a faulty ideology so far. Eventually Republicans are going to need to change their fucking message or encourage rich white folks to reproduce like southern Catholics if they're to survive.

Why are righties so afraid of voters?

Because the number of voters becoming educated beyond Trickle-Down Voodoo Economics is about two-thirds and growing, and the bullshit social fights over religious morals just aren't holding the rubes to the right any more.

Gerrymandering can only supply so much unearned influence, ya know.

If the government starts handing out passports to any citizen who wants one, I'm all in favor of requiring ID to vote. The cost of poll workers verifying birth certificates is prohibitive.
I'd still be opposed. The issue isn't cost.

Regardless of the motivations (which lets face it, are purely political and partisan), the net effects of voter ID laws will be to intimidate people away from the polls who might have fears about IDing themselves to government agents. And with Obama's ever-expanding police state, that includes more and more of us with every new law they pass.

My humble opinion is that you're a little paranoid and I hope that you're wrong.

I still feel like my minor violations of the code are positively too boring to be a security concern for me.

Time will tell if my hope is misplaced.

The dems have good arguments to oppose voter ID laws, but to put up such a tremendous fight against it just adds to the already deafening partisan bickering we sorely need to get rid of, and to have the laws is just good common sense and a good plan for the long run.

The key is "the long run". These laws are not being carefully and thoughtfully put together because the goal isn't to keep fraud from happening but to keep minorities and poor people from voting. Collateral damage in their drive to keep people from voting are the old people that would likely vote their way if they were allowed.

Think Getting “Free” ID Is Easy? Think Again!

Forum List

Back