Why are the liberals so scared of voter ID?

How would it benefit me?

They have lots of overbearing laws too. You might like it there yourself.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Thanks for confirming my opinion.

All I've confirmed is that you're a partisan piece of shit. You care more about scoring points for your party than with keeping a lid on intrusive government. As Obama's police state continues to grow, these voter ID laws will be used against us, and chickenshits like you will be responsible.

Blow me.

You're no less "partisan" than myself or anyone else. I care about fair elections without dead people voting. Obozo's police state has emerged thanks to chickenshit bed wetters like you, yet here you are lamenting it and opposing the endeavor to prevent such fraud in the future.

People as stupid as you would have died as children if not for child resistant lids on household chemicals.

I'd guess most Republicans recognize the 'voter fraud' claim to be, well, fraudulent. But they don't care because they're eager for anything that will take votes away from the other side. They know, or think they know, that some voters don't have valid IDs and won't bother to get them just to vote. And they know, or think they know, that these voters usually vote Democrat.

To address the question posed in the thread title: liberals are scared of the same thing. They have the same estimation of the effect of the law. The honest question to ask (assuming either side was honest) is "who should be allowed to vote?", because I don't see any way around the fact that voter ID laws will inhibit some voting. Should people who are either too poor, too stupid or simply too lazy to come up with an ID be allowed to vote? Because - be honest - that's who these voter ID laws are seeking to push out of the voting booth.

The Dems apparently are the only ones objecting to ANY form of safe guard regulations. The left is quick to put conditions on second amendment rights, yet baulk at the very idea of regulations ensuring any integrity of voting rights. If they are so concerned about fraudulent votes, let them show they are serious about facing the issue. Instead the left makes up unfounded excuses and looks to scare tactics to further ignore the issue.... they have no integrity.

Our country has been voting this way for a long time. The real issue for the Republicans is that they are losing elections. The Republicans should do something to make more people want to vote for them, not change the way we vote.

The GOP does really well in the midterms. They have gerrymandered districts (as do the liberals) to protect their members. When you get into state-wide and national elections where they can't shoe-horn people who share anger and apathy into small voting districts; they do worse as we saw in the 2010 senatorial and 2012 general elections.

Amazingly the supposed fraud advantage the Dems have only shows up on general elections. Wouldn't it be the other way around? I mean, it would take literally 10-20 man hours to organize Dems in any state, coordinate transportation, and get them to the polls on election day to swing the vote one way or the other to swing one or two districts to the left. Yet somehow the GOP keeps holding on to their seats....

Those claiming there is widespread voter fraud are simply ignorant of the facts. How do we end up with so many GOP governors?

That having been said, we have the tools at our fingertips to make the elections more sterile; simply issue Voter Registration Cards that have a photo ID. This would solve a great many problems with the process.

I don't disagree with you. If they send some sort of voter card to everyone that would seem like the way to go. I'm sure Republicans are against that though as the advantage they seek would be eliminated. I still don't think this is necessary however. I guess it would be the only way to get Republicans to move on and actually work on something that would help the people.

And like I said before I think this is an issue that hopes to only help some politicians, not the people. I think they should be working on other more important things right now. This obvious selfishness certainly isn't making me want to vote Republican.

Last edited:
The GOP does really well in the midterms. They have gerrymandered districts (as do the liberals) to protect their members. When you get into state-wide and national elections where they can't shoe-horn people who share anger and apathy into small voting districts; they do worse as we saw in the 2010 senatorial and 2012 general elections.

Amazingly the supposed fraud advantage the Dems have only shows up on general elections. Wouldn't it be the other way around? I mean, it would take literally 10-20 man hours to organize Dems in any state, coordinate transportation, and get them to the polls on election day to swing the vote one way or the other to swing one or two districts to the left. Yet somehow the GOP keeps holding on to their seats....

Those claiming there is widespread voter fraud are simply ignorant of the facts. How do we end up with so many GOP governors?

That having been said, we have the tools at our fingertips to make the elections more sterile; simply issue Voter Registration Cards that have a photo ID. This would solve a great many problems with the process.

I have heard that excuse of no wide spread voter fraud before, yet more and more cases keep arising (those that are "discovered" mind you). Wendy Rosen was only recently discovered to have voted in Maryland AND Florida since 2006, only as a result of placing herself under the microscope when she decided to run for office.

The sole excuse to all this is the belief this couldn't possibly be this easy and happen again, it's a waste of time and resources. Yet no one has been able to address why SO much time and money is placed in the search and recovery of counterfeit bills? Such occurrences are rare with all the added measures that go into placing "markers" that identify the true currency over the fake one. The issue in itself is so small that a small group of individuals can't possibly make a huge impact on our national currency and economy. So why put the time and resources towards something that has no real impact on a national level? We could save so much taxpayer dollars, time, and resources if the Federal and State Governments simply follow candycorn's advice. They should simply ignore the problem, as it's too costly and has no real impact to our government system.

Last edited:
liberals need to face the dirty facts....
their leaders want to allow NON-CITIZENS to vote in USA elections....
this is the biggest voter 'fraud' out there....

New York City may soon allow non-citizens, including illegal immigrants who would be granted amnesty if the Senate's immigration reform bill passes Congress, to vote in elections.

Report: New York City May Allow Amnestied Illegal Immigrants to Vote

they are fearful by nature,especially of ideas that they do not agree with.

Funny...

It's right wingers hoarding all of the guns and ammo because they are afraid that someone is coming to get them.

What some Democrats are afraid of is that the necessity for you to come to a government building if your name is Jose or Juanita and sign up to vote will be compared to the risk that may be involved in doing so.

If the Dems are afraid of that and is relying on those who are that scared, they deserve to lose.

I think what you'd find out if we actually got on the stick and did this was that it would actually disproportionately affect the aged populations that tend to vote for Republicans.

I think that we should roll out picture voter ID in 10 states over 6 years starting in 2016. Just off the top of my head:

New York
Florida
Oklahoma
Arizona
Montana
Maine
Alabama
Arkansas
New Mexico
North Dakota

And see what happens. If the statistics don't change over 3 elections, it is proof positive that the Dems are all wet on this topic. If there is a change in the turnout, well, you address those reasons.

No system is going to be 100% accurate. That standard does not exist.

It reminds me of a joke I heard where the electronic voting machines were acting up at one precinct and they called the County Clerk's office to see what to do. The MIS guy said that they need to reboot the machines. The lady on the phone who called began taking off her footwear.

they are fearful by nature,especially of ideas that they do not agree with.

Funny...

It's right wingers hoarding all of the guns and ammo because they are afraid that someone is coming to get them.

are you frikkin kidding.....?

napolitano-dhs-ammunition-purchase-orders1.jpg

I didn't say that. And I'm not on the "left". I just see no need to pass even more dumb laws for suspect political purposes.

so its "dumb" to ask voters to prove who they are before voting? :cuckoo:

It’s idiotic to compel voters who have already identified themselves when they registered to vote to do so at every election absent evidence of wrongdoing on the voters’ part.

Do you have any idea how stupid that statement is? You admit that a person must identify themself in order to register, but you think is disenfranchises them to show the same ID at the polling place???

That is just fucking lunacy.:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

I didn't say that. And I'm not on the "left". I just see no need to pass even more dumb laws for suspect political purposes.

so its "dumb" to ask voters to prove who they are before voting? :cuckoo:

It’s idiotic to compel voters who have already identified themselves when they registered to vote to do so at every election absent evidence of wrongdoing on the voters’ part.

We could always allow for the Federal Government to require fingerprints as part of the registration process? After all they require the same of gun owners who have rights under the Constitution, yet there is no evidence of wrongdoing on their part. This is simply just keeping track of voters, who they are, and where they reside. This is the same language and reasoning behind the support more gun regulations, which just so happens to be another Constitutional right.

How do Liberals honestly think that minorities are being oppressed by being asked to provide ID to vote?

It doesn't stop with voter ID, and I do with the cons would stop with this "gawsh, all ya gotta do is get an ID" bullshit. It also involves shit like moving DMV's out of Democratic areas and making sure there's way more polling places, as a percentage of the number of voters, in Republican areas than in Democratic areas

Actually it shouldn't just stop with voter ID but the problem is it should go in a different direction. The direction of making it harder to commit election fraud or voter fraud. Remember that time in Wisconsin when somebody just happened to "find" some ballots? You don't see a huge security problem right there? And the the boxes where you put your paper ballot, there are some of those where you just drop it in like you were entering a contest or something. And very often you can put in more than one at a time. But nothing's being done about any of that

Last edited:
How do Liberals honestly think that minorities are being oppressed by being asked to provide ID to vote?

It doesn't stop with voter ID, and I do with the cons would stop with this "gawsh, all ya gotta do is get an ID" bullshit. It also involves shit like moving DMV's out of Democratic areas and making sure there's way more polling places, as a percentage of the number of voters, in Republican areas than in Democratic areas

Actually it shouldn't just stop with voter ID but the problem is it should go in a different direction. The direction of making it harder to commit election fraud or voter fraud. Remember that time in Wisconsin when somebody just happened to "find" some ballots? You don't see a huge security problem right there? And the the boxes where you put your paper ballot, there are some of those where you just drop it in like you were entering a contest or something. And very often you can put in more than one at a time. But nothing's being done about any of that

Horseshit, there is no evidence to support those idiotic claims. There is however, evidence of liberal organizations like Acorn engaging in voter fraud.

Without voter fraud Franken would not be a senator------and you damn well know it.

I have never been challenged when I VOTE. I HAVE VALID id's. When someone objects to fair and common sense thing like voter ID's, that doesn't make a bit of sense. Why NOT? Most of us don't have a problem living up to such a simple standard, so what is the crime NOW?

You really think this is over?
it has only just begun
In your lifetime you wil have to provide an ID to vote
the liberal agenda has went to far as it did in 2008 and the will of the people are soon going to send it packing

They asked me for ID last time I voted. They said I didn't have to give it, but that this year they were going to start asking for it. Idk, weird. So of course I gave it to them and said something to the effect of "I'm fine with it, I'm legal" with a silly grin.

I like pretending I'm one of the good'ol'boys with those folks then stepping behind the curtain and voting straight ticket Democrat. ;)

(my guess is that my district is 80%+ Republican. Joe Pitts country)

You'd be surprised how many Good'ol'boys vote straight Democrap in the South.

These pudknockers don't know anything outside of Duck Dynasty, NASCAR, and tractor pulls.

That was true here in Katy Texas years ago. Now you'll find very few dems.

I have never been challenged when I VOTE. I HAVE VALID id's. When someone objects to fair and common sense thing like voter ID's, that doesn't make a bit of sense. Why NOT? Most of us don't have a problem living up to such a simple standard, so what is the crime NOW?

There are instances where people need to produce proof through a valid ID as part of their everyday lives, it's not as if the we are reaching towards a concept that is so completely foreign to many of us. Whether it's a library card, air travel, or even purchasing alcohol, a valid ID has never been proven to be a hindrance throughout our society's day to day lifestyle.

There are instances where people need to produce proof through a valid ID as part of their everyday lives, it's not as if the we are reaching towards a concept that is so completely foreign to many of us. Whether it's a library card, air travel, or even purchasing alcohol, a valid ID has never been proven to be a hindrance throughout our society's day to day lifestyle.

The shackles of big government are imposed on us via incremental encroachments that are always pitched as "minor inconveniences". We should resist such encroachment, especially when motivated by duplicitous politics.

The shackles of big government are imposed on us via incremental encroachments that are always pitched as "minor inconveniences". We should resist such encroachment, especially when motivated by duplicitous politics.

The only problem with your theory? The left is cheating in order to take the very rights you claim to hold so dear.
And showing an ID to vote is the least of our problems when it comes to the erosion of our freedoms.

what hypocrisy, while you denigrate voter ID, you care nothing about proven voter fraud because it was done to garner more votes for democrats.

There is absolutely no encroachment. You need a valid ID to drive, as well as purchase a firearm (another Constitutional right). There is no validity to your statement. It only serves as an excuse for those who wish to avoid accountability and integrity in elections. Even those who wish to by alcohol needs to produce some form of Photo ID, it's so engrafted in our society, so don't give me this lame "encroachment" B.S. excuse.

Forum List

Back