Why are the liberals so scared of voter ID?

I'd still be opposed. The issue isn't cost.

Regardless of the motivations (which lets face it, are purely political and partisan), the net effects of voter ID laws will be to intimidate people away from the polls who might have fears about IDing themselves to government agents. And with Obama's ever-expanding police state, that includes more and more of us with every new law they pass.

Ok, so what you on the left want is a voting system where anyone can just walk into the polling place, claim to be a legal resident, and cast their vote?
I didn't say that. And I'm not on the "left". I just see no need to pass even more dumb laws for suspect political purposes.

so its "dumb" to ask voters to prove who they are before voting? :cuckoo:

You really think this is over?
it has only just begun
In your lifetime you wil have to provide an ID to vote
the liberal agenda has went to far as it did in 2008 and the will of the people are soon going to send it packing

They asked me for ID last time I voted. They said I didn't have to give it, but that this year they were going to start asking for it. Idk, weird. So of course I gave it to them and said something to the effect of "I'm fine with it, I'm legal" with a silly grin.

I like pretending I'm one of the good'ol'boys with those folks then stepping behind the curtain and voting straight ticket Democrat. ;)

(my guess is that my district is 80%+ Republican. Joe Pitts country)

You'd be surprised how many Good'ol'boys vote straight Democrap in the South.

These pudknockers don't know anything outside of Duck Dynasty, NASCAR, and tractor pulls.

I wouldn't be surprised at all....

I don't know how many times here in TX that someone told me...

a drunk "friend of mine" said:
Democrats are the party of the PEOPLE!!!

I'm always floored when I hear that.

I go so far as to ask:

How do you feel about gun control?

I'm again' it!!!

Abortion?

I'm again' it!!!

High taxes?

I'm again' it!!!

Welfare for lazy people?

I'm again' it!!!

Gay weddings?

I'm again' it!!!

The EPA regulating your toilet and light bulb wattage?

I'm again' it!!!

Federal wildlife "officials" dragging people into court for building fences on their own land?

I'm again' it!!!

Having the government dictate your health insurance plan?

I'm again' it!!!

Then why are you a goddamned democrat??

I've even heard this classic reply to...

Me said:
What do you think of Obama?

He's a fuckin' n****r!!

Yet he VOTED for the moonbat messiah. When I asked why? You already know the response....

As a rule these are hard working people who either never have, or never will retire. The watch MSLSD for "news" and hold Fox in contempt. Not that they've ever even watched it, or are even willing to go somewhere, anywhere else for information.

It's always this circular discussion when politics are involved. These are old friends of mine who lived during the depression who's company I otherwise enjoy and they know more about soil, mechanical repairs, water wells, electrical devices, raising livestock that any "college educated" douchebag I've ever met, but they are idiots when it comes to politics. They've been brainwashed since FDR, and there's no changing them.

Last edited:
Ok, so what you on the left want is a voting system where anyone can just walk into the polling place, claim to be a legal resident, and cast their vote?
I didn't say that. And I'm not on the "left". I just see no need to pass even more dumb laws for suspect political purposes.

I didn't say that either. You aren't really content with just responding to what I post, are you?

What I am saying is that it's dumb to pass unnecessary laws for short term political gain. Voter fraud isn't a real problem and you all know it. You want to bump fringe voters out of the process because you're afraid they're morely likely to vote Democrat. It's plain, chickenshit politics and has nothing to do with any genuine concern for the democratic process.

I'd still be opposed. The issue isn't cost.

Regardless of the motivations (which lets face it, are purely political and partisan), the net effects of voter ID laws will be to intimidate people away from the polls who might have fears about IDing themselves to government agents. And with Obama's ever-expanding police state, that includes more and more of us with every new law they pass.

That seems to be what you are advocating for. No ID, just show up and cast a vote. Are you really that naive?

Under your system what would prevent a person from casting 100 votes and voting in multiple precincts and multiple states?

What's your acceptable ratio of fraud to disenfranchised voters?

I have no tolerance for fraud. That's why I oppose liberalism in general.

I don't give a shit about "disenfranchised voters". There are more than reasonable means for everyone to get their vote counted. "Disenfranchised voter" is a buzz word for dead people still voting for democrooks.

I didn't say that either. You aren't really content with just responding to what I post, are you?

What I am saying is that it's dumb to pass unnecessary laws for short term political gain. Voter fraud isn't a real problem and you all know it. You want to bump fringe voters out of the process because you're afraid they're morely likely to vote Democrat. It's plain, chickenshit politics and has nothing to do with any genuine concern for the democratic process.

BULLSHIT!!!

You want to allow whatever small percentage of fraud to continue, because it benefits YOU!.

That not "part of the democratic process", it's part of banana republic corruption that empowers despotic regimes that you so desperately want here.

Take your dumb ass to North Korea. They have your sort of "democratic process" there. They even have the "hope and change" you salivate over.

maybe we should go to a system where you vote in person only during a 3-day period and dip your finger in ink that won't wash off for a week....:tongue:

actually in most countries one votes in person only on the day of the election with a proper proof of eligibility.

our system is ridiculous - it begs for fraud

BULLSHIT!!!

You want to allow whatever small percentage of fraud to continue, because it benefits YOU!.

How would it benefit me?

Take your dumb ass to North Korea. They have your sort of "democratic process" there. They even have the "hope and change" you salivate over.

They have lots of overbearing laws too. You might like it there yourself.

It’s idiotic to compel voters who have already identified themselves when they registered to vote to do so at every election absent evidence of wrongdoing on the voters’ part.

maybe we should go to a system where you vote in person only during a 3-day period and dip your finger in ink that won't wash off for a week....:tongue:

actually in most countries one votes in person only on the day of the election with a proper proof of eligibility.

Fuckin A...

BULLSHIT!!!

How would it benefit me?

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Thanks for confirming my opinion.

Nonsense.

Voter ‘fraud’ is virtually non-existent, and consequently renders ID laws unjustified.

Advocates of a picture ID to vote are motivated by partisanism, not facts or the truth.

It’s idiotic to compel voters who have already identified themselves when they registered to vote to do so at every election absent evidence of wrongdoing on the voters’ part.

That's fucking bullshit and even you know it.

Anyone can take a paper "voter registration card" to the polls and vote under that name.

If it wasn't a "big deal" for them to ID themselves during registration, it's not a big deal to show your fucking ID at the polls.

Nonsense.

Voter ‘fraud’ is virtually non-existent, and consequently renders ID laws unjustified.

Advocates of a picture ID to vote are motivated by partisanism, not facts or the truth.

If voter fraud is "virtually non-existent", then why are you so determined to compromise all endeavors to prevent it?

It should be a non-issue for you. Right?

Or are you afraid it's the only way you can get criminally insane sociopaths into offices that increase your welfare payments?

BULLSHIT!!!

How would it benefit me?

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Thanks for confirming my opinion.

All I've confirmed is that you're a partisan piece of shit. You care more about scoring points for your party than with keeping a lid on intrusive government. As Obama's police state continues to grow, these voter ID laws will be used against us, and chickenshits like you will be responsible.

Nonsense.

If voter fraud is "virtually non-existent", then why are you so determined to compromise all endeavors to prevent it?

It should be a non-issue for you. Right?

Or are you afraid it's the only way you can get criminally insane sociopaths into offices that increase your welfare payments?

There is no ‘if.’

And one can’t ‘compromise’ something that is unnecessary to begin with.

They re not scared....moving on.

With the strict spirit of the title of the OP, I agree. The author had to go full retard after it but he has a point, the Democrats try to oppose it at every turn. The reasons range from weird to bizarre.

The only reason I've heard was cost.

If the government agrees to provide a free ID card, I'm one Liberal who's all for requiring ID to vote.

cost is no excuse in my view.

With the strict spirit of the title of the OP, I agree. The author had to go full retard after it but he has a point, the Democrats try to oppose it at every turn. The reasons range from weird to bizarre.

If the government agrees to provide a free ID card, I'm one Liberal who's all for requiring ID to vote.

how many americans currently have no form of ID? old people have medicare cards, poor people have welfare cards and food stamp cards.

Is your objection aimed at finding ways for illegal aliens to vote?

I hear stories of kids being denied when they produce student ID. Just make the VRC a picture ID and thats all there is to these moronic objections on the left.

They'd have to do a lot more than provide the ID free of charge, they'd have to open more rural offices until they achieved a high threshold of valid ID holders. They'd have to provide the supporting documents free of charge. There would be a grandfather clause for, well, grandfathers. People born at home before documentation was required.

I would require that statewide databases were in place as well. You've also got to have DMVs able to "talk" to Registrars to verify IDs electronically for Vote by Mail voters.

No.

If you have a current VRC its a swap out pretty much.....some hiccups but it will be the exception.

They re not scared....moving on.

How can the Democrats win elections if they can't use voter fraud, dead people, felons, and double or triple voter dipping. Use of voter ID would stop a lot of that. Before I go any further, there were many instances in NY State, Ohio, Indiana and the South where Dems were caught violating voting laws.

Because mail fraud is a felony, whereas voting without an ID is untraceable.

Forum List

Back