Why are the liberals so scared of voter ID?

The problems will occur after republicans push through their voter ID. They will require stricter and stricter standards for acceptable ID and I can assure you that welfare and food stamp cards will not be one of them

We should have to supply the very same documents to get a voter ID, as is necessary to renew one's car registration in New Jersey.

I renew my registration online......should we vote that way also?
Not everyone has a computer. Everyone has a paper trail.

The problems will occur after republicans push through their voter ID. They will require stricter and stricter standards for acceptable ID and I can assure you that welfare and food stamp cards will not be one of them

We should have to supply the very same documents to get a voter ID, as is necessary to renew one's car registration in New Jersey.

One question... How many NON-citizens in Jersey own cars?

I don't even wish to go there, but I would say that there are at least a few who are driving UNREGISTERED.

This is all about STEALING elections..Nothing more. WE ALL KNOW IT.

Exactly. Both parties have an interest in manipulating the voting rights of the people on the fringe. Who, rightly or wrongly, are perceived to be more likely to vote Democrat. It has nothing at all to do with the good of society, and everything to do with partisan power.

there are plenty of groups of illegals brought into the U.S. who are at the mercy of their local politicians....to have the state identify these people is a step that probably threatens their control over them...

all of them - it is impossible to move without a car

which is why it is a silly argument for 'picture IDs' like drivers licenses to prove citizenship for voting.....almost everybody has them.....including the illegal aliens....

Why are the liberals so scared of voter ID?

if the libs/demoRATS had to prove they are living breathing red blooded American citizens they would NEVER win another election :up:

which is why it is a silly argument for 'picture IDs' like drivers licenses to prove citizenship for voting.....almost everybody has them.....including the illegal aliens....

I am not for a "picture ID" I am for a proof of citizenship for voting. Voter ID is exactly that - obtained by proving you are a citizen of this country.

Would be cheaper if you simply can vote only with a passport, naturalization certificate or birth certificate plus a normal photo ID ( for birth certificate)

I am not for a "picture ID" I am for a proof of citizenship for voting. Voter ID is exactly that - obtained by proving you are a citizen of this country.

Would be cheaper if you simply can vote only with a passport, naturalization certificate or birth certificate plus a normal photo ID ( for birth certificate)

yes....those more secure forms of ID (passport, birth certificate, etc plus a picture ID) would weed out the illegals and other forms of election fraud....

far too many states today allow illegal aliens to obtain drivers licenses....

I don't even wish to go there, but I would say that there are at least a few who are driving UNREGISTERED.

My neighbors down the street are Irish citizens and they register their cars in NJ

They can't vote either

If the government starts handing out passports to any citizen who wants one, I'm all in favor of requiring ID to vote. The cost of poll workers verifying birth certificates is prohibitive.
I'd still be opposed. The issue isn't cost.

Regardless of the motivations (which lets face it, are purely political and partisan), the net effects of voter ID laws will be to intimidate people away from the polls who might have fears about IDing themselves to government agents. And with Obama's ever-expanding police state, that includes more and more of us with every new law they pass.

Ok, so what you on the left want is a voting system where anyone can just walk into the polling place, claim to be a legal resident, and cast their vote?

That seems to be what you are advocating for. No ID, just show up and cast a vote. Are you really that naive?

Under your system what would prevent a person from casting 100 votes and voting in multiple precincts and multiple states?

maybe we should go to a system where you vote in person only during a 3-day period and dip your finger in ink that won't wash off for a week....:tongue:

Last edited:
If the government starts handing out passports to any citizen who wants one, I'm all in favor of requiring ID to vote. The cost of poll workers verifying birth certificates is prohibitive.

Regardless of the motivations (which lets face it, are purely political and partisan), the net effects of voter ID laws will be to intimidate people away from the polls who might have fears about IDing themselves to government agents. And with Obama's ever-expanding police state, that includes more and more of us with every new law they pass.

Ok, so what you on the left want is a voting system where anyone can just walk into the polling place, claim to be a legal resident, and cast their vote?

That seems to be what you are advocating for. No ID, just show up and cast a vote. Are you really that naive?

Under your system what would prevent a person from casting 100 votes and voting in multiple precincts and multiple states?

What's your acceptable ratio of fraud to disenfranchised voters?

I didn't say that. And I'm not on the "left". I just see no need to pass even more dumb laws for suspect political purposes.

Not everyone has a computer. Everyone has a paper trail.

But the million dollar question is what paper will be acceptable to Republicans?

the billion dollar question is what will be acceptable to democrats? seems like anything or nothing.

Anything that gives them power.. This is a NON ISSUE as it's common fucking sense. Everyone has to have ID to prove on their I9's they are able to work in this country.. if you want to drive, you get a freaking ID... if you want to cash a paycheck, you have a fuckin ID.. if you want a bank acct, ID assholes.. PERIOD

What's your acceptable ratio of fraud to disenfranchised voters?

in a perfect world there would be zero of each. But in the real world, I would say that the emphasis should be on preventing fraud.

you do realize that disenfranchisement is a form of fraud don't you?

Forum List

Back