Why are the liberals so scared of voter ID?

The voter ID situation is beyond ridiculous to me. As stated many times in this post you have to have ID to do mostly everything in this Country. Voter fraud is what they want so people like President Obama can win elections

Why not an embedded voter id 'chip'? That we can track any other suspicious activities as well.

The voter ID situation is beyond ridiculous to me. As stated many times in this post you have to have ID to do mostly everything in this Country. Voter fraud is what they want so people like President Obama can win elections
Voter fraud occurs less than being struck by lightning.

Voter fraud occurs less than being struck by lightning.

does that mean that you climb up on your roof and raise your hands during a thunder storm?

But not one of you libtards has explained why you object to proving who you are when you go in to vote. Nor have any of you proved that a significant number of americans do not have any form of ID.

does that mean that you climb up on your roof and raise your hands during a thunder storm?

But not one of you libtards has explained why you object to proving who you are when you go in to vote. Nor have any of you proved that a significant number of americans do not have any form of ID.
I'm saying there is no reason to spend time and energy trying to prevent something that rarely occurs.

It's like building an A-frame roof in the middle of the desert because you are worried about snow loads.

They re not scared....moving on.

With the strict spirit of the title of the OP, I agree. The author had to go full retard after it but he has a point, the Democrats try to oppose it at every turn. The reasons range from weird to bizarre.

The only reason I've heard was cost.

If the government agrees to provide a free ID card, I'm one Liberal who's all for requiring ID to vote.

I'm saying there is no reason to spend time and energy trying to prevent something that rarely occurs.

It's like building an A-frame roof in the middle of the desert because you are worried about snow loads.

It doesn't cost anything to have the poll worker look at your ID. It might take 5 seconds.

Voter fraud did happen in 08 and 12. Acorn and its employees found ways for people to vote multiple times and in the name of dead people.

The only possible explanation for liberals to object to voter ID is that they want the option of stuffing the ballot boxes to remain available.

With the strict spirit of the title of the OP, I agree. The author had to go full retard after it but he has a point, the Democrats try to oppose it at every turn. The reasons range from weird to bizarre.

If the government agrees to provide a free ID card, I'm one Liberal who's all for requiring ID to vote.

how many americans currently have no form of ID? old people have medicare cards, poor people have welfare cards and food stamp cards.

Is your objection aimed at finding ways for illegal aliens to vote?

It doesn't cost anything to have the poll worker look at your ID. It might take 5 seconds.

Voter fraud did happen in 08 and 12. Acorn and its employees found ways for people to vote multiple times and in the name of dead people.

The only possible explanation for liberals to object to voter ID is that they want the option of stuffing the ballot boxes to remain available.

It takes 5 sec to verify your signature....same as it has always been done

There were no dead people voting regardless of rightwing propaganda

Last edited:

how many americans currently have no form of ID? old people have medicare cards, poor people have welfare cards and food stamp cards.

What objection? :dunno:

I said that I FAVOR requiring ID to vote, provided that an acceptable form of ID be provided for free.

Medicare cards would NOT be an acceptable form of ID because they are handed out to everyone who works for 10+ years, regardless of citizenship. Voters should be required to produce a government issued PHOTO identification card.

They'd have to do a lot more than provide the ID free of charge, they'd have to open more rural offices until they achieved a high threshold of valid ID holders. They'd have to provide the supporting documents free of charge. There would be a grandfather clause for, well, grandfathers. People born at home before documentation was required.

I would require that statewide databases were in place as well. You've also got to have DMVs able to "talk" to Registrars to verify IDs electronically for Vote by Mail voters.

What objection? :dunno:

I said that I FAVOR requiring ID to vote, provided that an acceptable form of ID be provided for free.

Medicare cards would NOT be an acceptable form of ID because they are handed out to everyone who works for 10+ years, regardless of citizenship. Voters should be required to produce a government issued PHOTO identification card.

We agree. If an american citizen does not have any form of govt ID (and that has to be a tiny number) then he/she should be able to get one at no cost.

But, again how many people do not have any form of ID in today's world?

The problems will occur after republicans push through their voter ID. They will require stricter and stricter standards for acceptable ID and I can assure you that welfare and food stamp cards will not be one of them........and a Concealed Carry Permit will be

Last edited:

How many states accept those as valid forms of ID to vote?

signatures can easily be forged. with no ID requirements I could walk into your voting precinct, say that I am rightwinger, forge your signature, and vote in your name. then when you showed up to vote the poll workers would have you arrested for trying to vote twice.

you guys on the left have lost this debate, you cannot defend your objections to voter ID with any logical rationale.

The problems will occur after republicans push through their voter ID. They will require stricter and stricter standards for acceptable ID and I can assure you that welfare and food stamp cards will not be one of them

yeah, RW, those evil republicans don't want to let anyone but corporate CEOs vote in any elections. you are so FOS.

How many states accept those as valid forms of ID to vote?

I don't know, do you? you have to show some form of ID to register, why not show the same one to vote? most states accept pay stubs, utility bills, etc.
you on the left are making a big deal out of nothing.

signatures can easily be forged. with no ID requirements I could walk into your voting precinct, say that I am rightwinger, forge your signature, and vote in your name. then when you showed up to vote the poll workers would have you arrested for trying to vote twice.

you guys on the left have lost this debate, you cannot defend your objections to voter ID with any logical rationale.

Forged on the spot? In front of a witness

You are delusional. It is easier to produce a foged ID than to forge a signature real time.

But, again how many people do not have any form of ID in today's world?

Why New Photo ID Laws Mean Some Won't Vote

"I get that all the time: 'What's the big deal? I just got my driver's license renewed, it took like five seconds,' " says Larry Norden, acting director of the Democracy Program at the Brennan Center for Justice at New York University, which opposes these laws. "Frankly, that's why these laws have been so successful, because 89 percent of the population does have photo IDs."

That leaves another 3.2 million Americans who don't possess a government-issued picture ID, according to a recent study co-authored by Norden.[...]

By all estimates, those least likely to have a government-issued photo ID fall into one of four categories: the elderly, minorities, the poor and young adults aged 18 to 24. The Brennan Center estimates that 18 percent of all seniors and 25 percent of African-Americans don't have picture IDs.

How Voter ID Laws Impact Older Americans

The midwife at the 1949 home birth in rural South Carolina delivered a healthy baby girl but didn't file a birth certificate. Donna Jean Suggs grew up, got a Social Security card and found work as a home health aide. Try as she might, though, she couldn't get a birth certificate. That meant she couldn't get a driver's license or register to vote.

Nearly one in five citizens over 65 — about 8 million — lacks a current, government-issued photo ID, a 2006 Brennan Center study found. Most people prove their eligibility to vote with a driver's license, but people over 65 often give up their license and don't replace it with the state-issued ID that some states offer non-driving residents. People over 65 also are more likely to lack birth certificates because they were born before recording births was standard procedure.

A whopping 43 percent of Philly voters may not have voter ID, according to new data

So the question is, how many voters are you willing to disenfranchise in order to stop ID fraud from occurring? (Which happens, what, 0.005% of the time?)

Last edited:

The problems will occur after republicans push through their voter ID. They will require stricter and stricter standards for acceptable ID and I can assure you that welfare and food stamp cards will not be one of them

yeah, RW, those evil republicans don't want to let anyone but corporate CEOs vote in any elections. you are so FOS.

True that

Forum List

Back