Why are the liberals so scared of voter ID?

[QUOTE;7482023][Voter ‘fraud’ is virtually non-existent, and consequently renders ID laws unjustified.

-------------

:cuckoo::razz: Thank you for giving me a good laugh! The dimocrats are notorious for voter fraud. Obama got reelected due to voter fraud, a complicit MSM, and a weak Opposition.

Saying Voter ID laws are unnecessary reminds me of Hamlet's "Methinks thou doth protest too much!"

The only reason I've heard was cost.

If the government agrees to provide a free ID card, I'm one Liberal who's all for requiring ID to vote.

how many americans currently have no form of ID? old people have medicare cards, poor people have welfare cards and food stamp cards.

Is your objection aimed at finding ways for illegal aliens to vote?

I hear stories of kids being denied when they produce student ID. Just make the VRC a picture ID and thats all there is to these moronic objections on the left.
Republicans want to restrict student ID as a voter ID....but have no problem if you use your concealed carry permit

They re not scared....moving on.

With the strict spirit of the title of the OP, I agree. The author had to go full retard after it but he has a point, the Democrats try to oppose it at every turn. The reasons range from weird to bizarre.

How can the Democrats win elections if they can't use voter fraud, dead people, felons, and double or triple voter dipping. Use of voter ID would stop a lot of that. Before I go any further, there were many instances in NY State, Ohio, Indiana and the South where Dems were caught violating voting laws.

2 point GOP talking point violation

You left out mainstream media and free stuff

does that mean that you climb up on your roof and raise your hands during a thunder storm?

But not one of you libtards has explained why you object to proving who you are when you go in to vote. Nor have any of you proved that a significant number of americans do not have any form of ID.
I'm saying there is no reason to spend time and energy trying to prevent something that rarely occurs.

It's like building an A-frame roof in the middle of the desert because you are worried about snow loads.

Why have agents waste time and money seeking out counterfeit bills, if such occurrences rarely occur? Is that excuse enough to justify the need to simply ignore the issue? If I was a democrat, I wouldn't seek safe guards to ensure integrity in an election either.

You guys are really kidding yourselves if you think Dems would be more fraudulent than Reps. If fraud was possible they would both be doing it equally. That's how we know this isn't about fraud. Reps want poor people to get turned away at the polls when they show up with no id. That's what this is about.

which is why it is a silly argument for 'picture IDs' like drivers licenses to prove citizenship for voting.....almost everybody has them.....including the illegal aliens....

I am not for a "picture ID" I am for a proof of citizenship for voting. Voter ID is exactly that - obtained by proving you are a citizen of this country.

Would be cheaper if you simply can vote only with a passport, naturalization certificate or birth certificate plus a normal photo ID ( for birth certificate)

yes....those more secure forms of ID (passport, birth certificate, etc plus a picture ID) would weed out the illegals and other forms of election fraud....

far too many states today allow illegal aliens to obtain drivers licenses....

And birth certificates are easy to print and cost time and money to verify.

Just sayin'.

The voter ID crap reminds me of flag burning. It's utterly pointless as a real issue but it serves as a nice litmus test to separate limited-government conservatives and libertarians from, well, Republicans.

Last edited:
You guys are really kidding yourselves if you think Dems would be more fraudulent than Reps. If fraud was possible they would both be doing it equally. That's how we know this isn't about fraud. Reps want poor people to get turned away at the polls when they show up with no id. That's what this is about.

The Dems apparently are the only ones objecting to ANY form of safe guard regulations. The left is quick to put conditions on second amendment rights, yet baulk at the very idea of regulations ensuring any integrity of voting rights. If they are so concerned about fraudulent votes, let them show they are serious about facing the issue. Instead the left makes up unfounded excuses and looks to scare tactics to further ignore the issue.... they have no integrity.

I really do not know
The liberal agenda has gotten so out of whack, none of this including the issue of gays makes any sense to me
Two men? Married?
hell they could form an LLC and have the same thing for the most part
Federal benifits?
what was wrong with a "legal" union?
Nothing of value means any-thing to the left any-more
we have lost what was a great country through judical mandates that would never see the light of day through the will of the people

What does this have to do with voter ID.

Why should a gay couple do a bunch of legal stuff to get what a straight couple can get by merely applying for a marriage license.

The Dems apparently are the only ones objecting to ANY form of safe guard regulations. The left is quick to put conditions on second amendment rights, yet baulk at the very idea of regulations ensuring any integrity of voting rights. If they are so concerned about fraudulent votes, let them show they are serious about facing the issue. Instead the left makes up unfounded excuses and looks to scare tactics to further ignore the issue.... they have no integrity.

Our country has been voting this way for a long time. The real issue for the Republicans is that they are losing elections. The Republicans should do something to make more people want to vote for them, not change the way we vote.

Our country has been voting this way for a long time. The real issue for the Republicans is that they are losing elections. The Republicans should do something to make more people want to vote for them, not change the way we vote.

That pretty much nails it.

I really do not know
The liberal agenda has gotten so out of whack, none of this including the issue of gays makes any sense to me
Two men? Married?
hell they could form an LLC and have the same thing for the most part
Federal benifits?
what was wrong with a "legal" union?
Nothing of value means any-thing to the left any-more
we have lost what was a great country through judical mandates that would never see the light of day through the will of the people

The Democratic Party believes in dividing voters and using it to win elections.

They should call themselves the Segregation Party.

Instead they hide their true platform and call themselves Democratic.

Dude... Please. Democrats are no more divisive and no less principled then Republicans. They're all politicians. Republicans have no more integrity than anyone else. They do what they need to do to win.

But pubs have won with less than 35% hispanic vote

-Geaux

Listen Obama worshipers

So, we can have those who vote for politicians that require that you show ID to LEO. Require that you show ID to board a plane? But said group can not provide ID for voting in an ID requirement?/???

You can't have folks with no ID voting in officials that demand ID for lessor things

:clap2:

Genius

-Geaux

They re not scared....moving on.

With the strict spirit of the title of the OP, I agree. The author had to go full retard after it but he has a point, the Democrats try to oppose it at every turn. The reasons range from weird to bizarre.

How can the Democrats win elections if they can't use voter fraud, dead people, felons, and double or triple voter dipping. Use of voter ID would stop a lot of that. Before I go any further, there were many instances in NY State, Ohio, Indiana and the South where Dems were caught violating voting laws.

Use of voter ID would do nothing except stopping your incessant whining you little bitch. Obama won by something like 5,000,000 votes. Take away voter fraud and he would have still won by something like 5,000,000 votes. Just shock all of us and put some thought into it before you write something just once.

Or maybe the Democrats just take off during the mid-terms--you know the republicans DO have a majority in the House.

That being said, the reason I support having to provide positive proof of your ID prior to casting a ballot is to keep our elections as sterile a process as possible. In this day and age with readily available technology (technology that was available in the 1980's), it's insane not to use the tools your society has to make sure that only registered voters vote in elections.

The GOP does really well in the midterms. They have gerrymandered districts (as do the liberals) to protect their members. When you get into state-wide and national elections where they can't shoe-horn people who share anger and apathy into small voting districts; they do worse as we saw in the 2010 senatorial and 2012 general elections.

Amazingly the supposed fraud advantage the Dems have only shows up on general elections. Wouldn't it be the other way around? I mean, it would take literally 10-20 man hours to organize Dems in any state, coordinate transportation, and get them to the polls on election day to swing the vote one way or the other to swing one or two districts to the left. Yet somehow the GOP keeps holding on to their seats....

Those claiming there is widespread voter fraud are simply ignorant of the facts. How do we end up with so many GOP governors?

That having been said, we have the tools at our fingertips to make the elections more sterile; simply issue Voter Registration Cards that have a photo ID. This would solve a great many problems with the process.

If the government agrees to provide a free ID card, I'm one Liberal who's all for requiring ID to vote.

cost is no excuse in my view.

Bed wetters like you never pay for the services you demand. It's no surprise cost is irrelevant to you.

Bed wetters like you never pay for the services you demand. It's no surprise cost is irrelevant to you.

If you're going to have a voter registration system you may as well make it effective. If you're going to read responsez, you may as well limit them to non ass holes...welcome to the ignorelist <plink>

If you're going to have a voter registration system you may as well make it effective. If you're going to read responsez, you may as well limit them to non ass holes...welcome to the ignorelist <plink>

I'm pretty sure I responded to an asshole, thanks for the verification candyass.

Forum List

Back