Why are we so afraid to admit the obvious?

Well, much appreciation to all those who jumped right in to illustrate the point of the thread.

"Huh? My side does something wrong? No way! Never! I don't see it! You can't prove it!

"But those OTHER guys, HERE'S what THEY do wrong...."

:rolleyes:

Again you assume neither side is right. On what do you base that on? Did it ever cross your mind that there is a right and a wrong?
That's not what I said.

This is about fundamental honesty. And indeed, lying is wrong.

Given the spate of recent violence, the board is understandably abuzz with threads and comments about who is to "blame". And of course, each end is essentially putting 100% of the blame on the other end. Each end is laying out a long list of examples of violence, rhetoric and incitement by the other end.

Guess what? They're both right. Facts are facts.

I have a great deal of respect for the power of ideology. It can make people say and do insane things. It can absolutely blind a person to the obvious. But is it so strong that we'd rather see this country burn down than challenge our own tribe to stop the madness?

When the hate is flowing from both ends like water from a fire hose, does it really matter which end is "worse"?

What is so terrifying about just admitting the obvious?

A Trump supporter Sent packages through the mail that contained bombs. Another idiot was so enraged by the hysteria preached by the blob about the migrants heading northward that he shot a dozen people in Pittsburgh.

No dumbass. Both sides aren’t right.

Do you really need a list of all the acts of violence committed by leftists against conservatives over the past couple of years? It's quite lengthy.

Congratuations on proving the OP's point. You are a perfect example of the problem he is talking about.

So are you. BTW, Let's see that list.

Here you go, hack

Left-wing violence in the Trump era - Conservapedia
Pretty funny the way so many have jumped in to prove my point for me, y'know?

:cool-45:
Well, I tried...........

A Trump supporter Sent packages through the mail that contained bombs. Another idiot was so enraged by the hysteria preached by the blob about the migrants heading northward that he shot a dozen people in Pittsburgh.

Do you really need a list of all the acts of violence committed by leftists against conservatives over the past couple of years? It's quite lengthy.

Congratuations on proving the OP's point. You are a perfect example of the problem he is talking about.

So are you. BTW, Let's see that list.

Here you go, hack

Left-wing violence in the Trump era - Conservapedia
Pretty funny the way so many have jumped in to prove my point for me, y'know?

:cool-45:

They're tools

Meanwhile back in reality; actual violence is Trump supporters chanting Nazi slogans, Trump supporters mowing down people in their cares, mailing about a dozen explosive devices to folks.

Comparing Madonna to what has actually happened is stupid. You’re better than that.

And I will tell you something else..this violence is put up with in the states Demcorats run. The liberal states or cities. They arent rioting in Houston are they?

Harris County went for Hillary.

Not my point. So did Travis and El paso and Dallas counties. Generally large cities, especially those populated by illegals, will go Democrat.
The point is they seem decent enough to not riot in Republican states. In Washington and California of course they run rampant.

It's too hot and humid to Riot in Houston. And when it's not we all sit back and enjoy the cool.

Besides everybody knows HPD will beat the shit out of you and not look back.

Well, much appreciation to all those who jumped right in to illustrate the point of the thread.

"Huh? My side does something wrong? No way! Never! I don't see it! You can't prove it!

Again you assume neither side is right. On what do you base that on? Did it ever cross your mind that there is a right and a wrong?
That's not what I said.

Yeah, you never told us how you’re calling out your own tribe. How about practicing some fundamental honesty and answering the question that question. What are you saying to YOUR tribe?

That's not what I said.

Oh im sure lying is a horrific crime. maybe even worse than racism.

So when Kavanaugh was accused of sexual assault..and he denied it...what was the proper middle ground?

And I will tell you something else..this violence is put up with in the states Demcorats run. The liberal states or cities. They arent rioting in Houston are they?

Not my point. So did Travis and El paso and Dallas counties. Generally large cities, especially those populated by illegals, will go Democrat.
The point is they seem decent enough to not riot in Republican states. In Washington and California of course they run rampant.

It's too hot and humid to Riot in Houston. And when it's not we all sit back and enjoy the cool.

Theres’ not much rioting going on anywhere…

As I recall, there was a shitload of unrest in Dallas when the lady cop shot the black guy in his own apartment when she got mistaken on what floor she was parked and was charged originally with manslaughter.

Of course the right wing was pissed about it. Not about the black guy being killed of course. But rather that the black community didn’t go crazy and deprived the sick fuckers of their opportunity to gloat about it.

That's not what I said.

Oh im sure lying is a horrific crime. maybe even worse than racism.

So when Kavanaugh was accused of sexual assault..and he denied it...what was the proper middle ground?
I don't know.

And that has nothing to do with the thread.

Given the spate of recent violence, the board is understandably abuzz with threads and comments about who is to "blame". And of course, each end is essentially putting 100% of the blame on the other end. Each end is laying out a long list of examples of violence, rhetoric and incitement by the other end.

I have a great deal of respect for the power of ideology. It can make people say and do insane things. It can absolutely blind a person to the obvious. But is it so strong that we'd rather see this country burn down than challenge our own tribe to stop the madness?

When the hate is flowing from both ends like water from a fire hose, does it really matter which end is "worse"?

Let's not forget the racist killer that gunned down two elderly black folks in a Tennessee Krogers after he couldn't gain access to a black church.

It is clearly NOT coming from both sides and the rhetoric coming from Trump and Trumpers is clearly fueling it

Werent you the one who claimed that Trump controlled your state property taxes?

With a name like 'Conservapedia', I'm sure this source is completely unbiased and not hacky at all... But, I'll bite:

"The genetic fallacy (also known as the fallacy of origins or fallacy of virtue[1]) is a fallacy of irrelevance that is based solely on someone's or something's history, origin, or source rather than its current meaning or context. This overlooks any difference to be found in the present situation, typically transferring the positive or negative esteem from the earlier context. In other words, a fact is ignored in favor of attacking its source."

You're free to go through and point out what is false.

- Unindicted Obamagate co-conspirator Loretta Lynch calls for blood and death in the streets.[35]
- New York Times sponsored a Shakespeare in Park production that features the bloody assassination of the lead character made up in the likeness of President Trump.[50]
- Rick Wilson, a RINO, establishment consultant and a Daily Beast columnist who earlier called Donald Trump a "proto-fascist," called for the lynching of "fascists."[87]

Yep, politically biased, and mostly consists of threats of violence from the left. In contrast, how many right-wing extremists have actually killed people for having different beliefs? Answer: a fuck ton more than those on the left.

Yes, there are plenty of examples of simple threats made from leftists, but according to you that's violence. If it's not, I don't know want to hear anymore about Trump's mere rhetoric resulting in pipe bombers and Synogogue shooters because that would make you quite the hypocrite and you don't want to be one of those, right?

Those examples aside, there are plenty of examples of physical violence and mob attacks, so the OP is quite right. You are in no position to engage in self righteous indignation. You are, again, exactly the problem that he's talking about.

No they just didn't let you get away with the sin of moderation towards the undefensible. You equated apples with oranges.

Feel free to elaborate at any time and in kind, further prove the OP's point.
Try reading the thread first.

Let's not forget the racist killer that gunned down two elderly black folks in a Tennessee Krogers after he couldn't gain access to a black church.

It is clearly NOT coming from both sides and the rhetoric coming from Trump and Trumpers is clearly fueling it

Werent you the one who claimed that Trump controlled your state property taxes?

No.
With a name like 'Conservapedia', I'm sure this source is completely unbiased and not hacky at all... But, I'll bite:

"The genetic fallacy (also known as the fallacy of origins or fallacy of virtue[1]) is a fallacy of irrelevance that is based solely on someone's or something's history, origin, or source rather than its current meaning or context. This overlooks any difference to be found in the present situation, typically transferring the positive or negative esteem from the earlier context. In other words, a fact is ignored in favor of attacking its source."

You're free to go through and point out what is false.

- Unindicted Obamagate co-conspirator Loretta Lynch calls for blood and death in the streets.[35]
- New York Times sponsored a Shakespeare in Park production that features the bloody assassination of the lead character made up in the likeness of President Trump.[50]
- Rick Wilson, a RINO, establishment consultant and a Daily Beast columnist who earlier called Donald Trump a "proto-fascist," called for the lynching of "fascists."[87]

Yep, politically biased, and mostly consists of threats of violence from the left. In contrast, how many right-wing extremists have actually killed people for having different beliefs? Answer: a fuck ton more than those on the left.

Yes, there are plenty of examples of simple threats made from leftists, but according to you that's violence. If it's not, I don't know want to hear anymore about Trump's mere rhetoric resulting in pipe bombers and Synogogue shooters because that would make you quite the hypocrite and you don't want to be one of those, right?

Those examples aside, there are plenty of examples of physical violence and mob attacks, so the OP is quite right. You are in no position to engage in self righteous indignation. You are, again, exactly the problem that he's talking about.

I followed footnote 35 from your latest attempt. There is no such call for “blood and death in the streets” .

I’m sure there are jerks of all political stripes. When the left act up, most often it’s an inconvenience
When the right acts up, we get body counts. OKC, Charlottesville, Charleston, Sanford, FL.

Nothing. The obvious is that many are through compromising. That’s what got us here...
Yeah.
Constitutional-Convention-1-640x480.jpg
We’re a long way from there friend...

No they just didn't let you get away with the sin of moderation towards the undefensible. You equated apples with oranges.

Feel free to elaborate at any time and in kind, further prove the OP's point.

Shouldn’t the OP be calling out his own tribe if he’s wanting others to do it? Or are you looking past the detail that he refuses to practice what he preaches?

Many have pointed this out, but Republicans have been kicked around for decades by the media. Our politicians just sat there and took it, because they were afraid the media would destroy them. The anger has been simmering for quite some time, and we finally have a president who isn't afraid of the constant(90% negative) attacks. After getting kicked around for years, the media wants Trump and the republicans to stand down? Are you kidding me? Before Mac does a victory dance and says we are proving his point again, I think any rational person can see criticizing a political opponent is not inciting violence. Bombers, shooters, whatever, are responsible for their own actions. Mac, you are basically calling 90% of republicans extreme wingers. You couldn't be more wrong. Republican's have found their voice and no apologies are necessary. No one is condoning violence, put the wackos in jail. Just don't piss down my leg and tell me its raining.

I think it's a symptom of being controlled by an ideology. It makes people terrified to give an inch.

Additionally, I think it's possible that an ideologue really doesn't see most, if not all, the sins of their side. That's another symptom: Myopia. So when they ask for examples of what should be screamingly obvious, it may be that they really don't know what you're talking about.

That's how powerful this stuff is.
Interesting. And I suppose on a political board, you will find real ideologues. I don't know about the right wingers, but some of the Democrat/lefties here are definitely not "seeing it."
Well, the right wingers will deny that anything has been done or said on their side that has contributed to this.

Anything.

They appear to be serious, sincere. Hence my point.

Rhetoric has always been there. Crazy people have always been there. Two are not necessarily equated. The Left has advocated for violence just as much as the GOP if not moreso.

Factually incorrect. I seem to have missed any Dem Presidential Nominee volunteering to pay the legal bills for those committing assault at their rallies.

Your mileage may vary

That was a joke. Obviously Leftists don't have a sense of humor. Did you miss HRC calling half the country a basket of deplorables. LOL. Or Maxine Waters or Eric Holder advocating direct violence and not apoligizing for it?

Hillary didnt know she was being recorded. She was told her speech to the perverts she was standing before would be for "fundraising only". So she let loose with what she really thinks of Americans.
Its why Wikileaks was so damaging to them. And its why Project veritas is now. Democrats live in the shadows and when they are caught in candid moments it is always devastating to them.

As an aside you will be happy to know Hillary raised 6 million dollars from rich celebrities at her deplorables speech...50,000 per plate. But was it worth it?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back