Why are we so afraid to admit the obvious?

Now consider Consevatism. Constant pining for civil war, gunning down migrants calling them an invading army, a President that preaches hate, posters here who have avatars pointing a gun at the camera, constant chants of locking up your political enemies, ripping kids from their parents as a “deterrent”. I would submit that the climate of the GOP is one where most days are beautiful but the bad weather days are much more frequent.

We are at war with the lying traitorous left. No compromise, no reaching across the isle the left must be defeated not bargained with. So far so good we control the House, Senate, White House and SCOTUS.

Nailed it.
Good people, good Americans are so fed up...in no way do we seek to get along with the Left on ANY level...we’re done. Its game on and it’s a fucking war. Embrace it and fight...this political climate is not for bipartisan pussies. Time to SACK UP!
Love your sigline.

7D72E93C-EB19-4F83-84A6-A2181D0E4130.png

My point proven. No, both sides aren’t the same.

Given the spate of recent violence, the board is understandably abuzz with threads and comments about who is to "blame". And of course, each end is essentially putting 100% of the blame on the other end. Each end is laying out a long list of examples of violence, rhetoric and incitement by the other end.

Guess what? They're both right. Facts are facts.

I have a great deal of respect for the power of ideology. It can make people say and do insane things. It can absolutely blind a person to the obvious. But is it so strong that we'd rather see this country burn down than challenge our own tribe to stop the madness?

When the hate is flowing from both ends like water from a fire hose, does it really matter which end is "worse"?

What is so terrifying about just admitting the obvious?
Because one side is promoting violence and only condemns one side.....the other side (mine) condemns violence from anyone and does not promote it. so to fix the problem, you need to stop promoting violence and start condemning anyone who does it.....it's pretty clear who needs to do that (not my side, they already do that)

For example, actor Jame Cromwell just said if the dems don't win, there will be blood in the streets....Trump has never said anything close to that.....both sides are not the same.

First off, I had to google Jame Cromwell... Could you please tell what office he holds int he Democratic Party? How many voted for him in the last election?

Then there is Trump who is President:
Trump warns of left-wing 'violence'

"If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously, OK? Just knock the hell ... I promise you I will pay for the legal fees. I promise, I promise," he said on Feb. 1, 2016.

At a Las Vegas rally later that month, he said security guards were too gentle with a protester. "He's walking out with big high-fives, smiling, laughing," Trump said. "I'd like to punch him in the face, I'll tell you."

A similar situation unfolded at a rally that month in Warren, Michigan.

"Get him out," he said of a protester. "Try not to hurt him. If you do, I'll defend you in court. Don't worry about it."

Given the spate of recent violence, the board is understandably abuzz with threads and comments about who is to "blame". And of course, each end is essentially putting 100% of the blame on the other end. Each end is laying out a long list of examples of violence, rhetoric and incitement by the other end.

I have a great deal of respect for the power of ideology. It can make people say and do insane things. It can absolutely blind a person to the obvious. But is it so strong that we'd rather see this country burn down than challenge our own tribe to stop the madness?

When the hate is flowing from both ends like water from a fire hose, does it really matter which end is "worse"?

Because one side is promoting violence and only condemns one side.....the other side (mine) condemns violence from anyone and does not promote it. so to fix the problem, you need to stop promoting violence and start condemning anyone who does it.....it's pretty clear who needs to do that (not my side, they already do that)

For example, actor Jame Cromwell just said if the dems don't win, there will be blood in the streets....Trump has never said anything close to that.....both sides are not the same.

First off, I had to google Jame Cromwell... Could you please tell what office he holds int he Democratic Party? How many voted for him in the last election?

"If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously, OK? Just knock the hell ... I promise you I will pay for the legal fees. I promise, I promise," he said on Feb. 1, 2016.

At a Las Vegas rally later that month, he said security guards were too gentle with a protester. "He's walking out with big high-fives, smiling, laughing," Trump said. "I'd like to punch him in the face, I'll tell you."

"Get him out," he said of a protester. "Try not to hurt him. If you do, I'll defend you in court. Don't worry about it."

The only thing funnier than the denials is the rationalizations you’ll get.

When one end of the hose is a wee trickle and the other is at firehose volume, yes, it does matter.

The only thing funnier than the denials is the rationalizations you’ll get.
Which is why you are laughed at all the time.

Because denial is comfortable, and truth is brutal Mac

~S~
Maybe I missed it; are. There a bunch of left leaning posters here swearing we are at “”war” (literally) and are proudly stating they have no interest in finding common ground?

If so, can you highlight them saying so?

Because denial is comfortable, and truth is brutal Mac

~S~
Maybe I missed it; are. There a bunch of left leaning posters here swearing we are at “”war” (literally) and are proudly stating they have no interest in finding common ground?

If so, can you highlight them saying so?

Only when the mob is not out searching for patrons to harass in restaurants.

We just need to step back. And be quiet. And listen for a change. Rocket science is easier.

Because one side is practicing violence and only condemns one side.....the other side (mine) condemns violence from anyone and does not promote it. so to fix the problem, you need to stop promoting violence and start condemning anyone who does it.....it's pretty clear who needs to do that (not my side, they already do that)
Both sides promote violence, so you have failed to see the truth.
No both sides do not. Give me an example of a credible right winger promoting that
Mr. Trump.

Bull shit. Only a few on the right are blaming the left. The ONLY person responsible is the bomber, no one else.

Don’t confuse our arguments countering the left’s claims as a statement that it’s their fault.

Conservatives are ALWAYS about personal responsibility. The responsibility is all on the bomber. Same goes for the shooter.

,l,m

A Trump supporter Sent packages through the mail that contained bombs. Another idiot was so enraged by the hysteria preached by the blob about the migrants heading northward that he shot a dozen people in Pittsburgh.

No dumbass. Both sides aren’t right.

Not Trump's fault. Same as it was not Bernie's fault when his supporter tried to kill Republicans. Grow up, loser.

Cite Bernie’s speeches where he incited violence.

Are you kidding? At every GOP rally his supporters were the violent ones. Heck his whole rhetoric is "revolution". You know many revolutions w/o violence? You're obviously trolling now.
There are plenty of recpvolutions without violence.

Please cite a quote of Bernie inciting violence.

shots fired into a republican office and hasn't been reported in MSM. why? hey MAC, when you can equalize the reporting by MSM you have a point. right now you still have nothing.

They have been reported on the MSM. That is one of the frustrations. You read in something in your echo chamber and repeat it without bothering to check on whether it’s true.

Guilty until proven innocent: Clinton and Ellison, but not Kavanaugh.
But...Clinton was CAUGHT. And the blue dress. And the DNA from it. Obviously he is guilty. And Anita Broderick...was she lying? I don't think so.

Not sure about Ellison.

,l,m

A Trump supporter Sent packages through the mail that contained bombs. Another idiot was so enraged by the hysteria preached by the blob about the migrants heading northward that he shot a dozen people in Pittsburgh.

Not Trump's fault. Same as it was not Bernie's fault when his supporter tried to kill Republicans. Grow up, loser.

Are you kidding? At every GOP rally his supporters were the violent ones. Heck his whole rhetoric is "revolution". You know many revolutions w/o violence? You're obviously trolling now.

I am not going there with you, Coyote. If you cannot see that his revolutionary rhetoric can inspire violence then I cannot help You. Did you not watch the news of Trump supporters getting attacked? Who do you think the attackers were? Old ladies who supported HRC or lost millenials who have no clue as to what they are doing.

No, they just shoot congressmen, send poison in the mail and harass the fuck out of people.....oh and they try and storm buildings like a ......what's that called......oh.... a MOB.

They should have had better security. That is what Trump recommends to murder victims. Can’t we use that for congressional shootings?

No valid comparison can be drawn between Trump’s constant hate monger and some dingbats with some screws loose
What? Trump and the republicans do not incite violence against anyone. The left does, all the time.
Maxine Watters...Do I need to link to hers?

Eric Holder
Analysis | Eric Holder: ‘When they go low, we kick them. That’s what this new Democratic Party is about.'

Kathy Griffin
Kathy Griffin sells F*** Trump goods on Twitter - WND

Johnny Depp
Johnny Depp Apologizes for Donald Trump Assassination Joke

Hilary Clinton
Hillary Clinton: 'You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for' - CNNPolitics

Nicole Wallace
MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace Forced To Apologize

James Cromwell
Actor James Cromwell warns of 'blood in the streets' if Democrats don't win election

it's a small list, I could add more....so show me what republicans have said that was violent

It has been shown in other threads, for example a Fox host joking about Obama’s assassination. You just don’t care when the target is the other side.

,l,m

I am not going there with you, Coyote. If you cannot see that his revolutionary rhetoric can inspire violence then I cannot help You. Did you not watch the news of Trump supporters getting attacked? Who do you think the attackers were? Old ladies who supported HRC or lost millenials who have no clue as to what they are doing.
Quote then, is it that hard to do?

Forum List

Back