Why California is a SHITHOLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
General fund typically seems to be government pension fund.
Solving simple poverty could solve this social dilemma at a known cost; a form of minimum wage for unemployment compensation.

Persons could stay poor on an at-will basis for as long as they want.

Not sure if you live in California or not. If you do, take a look around, California politicians definitely don't have a goal to solve poverty...not quite sure what simple poverty is. They may tell us they want to end poverty, but we've heard that for way too many years.
we could do it on an at-will basis; the right wing doesn't like it, Because the poor may benefit.

WTF is an at-will basis? People can choose whether they want to live in poverty? Anyone can make that choice now.
an employment relationship recognized at law.

We pretty much have that now, which is why there is a labor board. If you want a relationship where you can sit on your butt, do nothing and still get paid....you're out of luck, go work for Hillary.

Solving simple poverty could solve this social dilemma at a known cost; a form of minimum wage for unemployment compensation.

Persons could stay poor on an at-will basis for as long as they want.

Not sure if you live in California or not. If you do, take a look around, California politicians definitely don't have a goal to solve poverty...not quite sure what simple poverty is. They may tell us they want to end poverty, but we've heard that for way too many years.
we could do it on an at-will basis; the right wing doesn't like it, Because the poor may benefit.

WTF is an at-will basis? People can choose whether they want to live in poverty? Anyone can make that choice now.

We pretty much have that now, which is why there is a labor board. If you want a relationship where you can sit on your butt, do nothing and still get paid....you're out of luck, go work for Hillary.
this is why nobody takes the right wing seriously about economics or the law.

solving simple poverty on an at-will basis is simply, more cost effective than any form of means tested welfare.

Compensation for Capitalism's, Natural Rate of Unemployment (for the bottom line of Capitalists), can solve simple poverty on an at-will basis for adult individuals.

solving simple poverty on an at-will basis is simply, more cost effective than any form of means tested welfare.

Compensation for Capitalism's, Natural Rate of Unemployment (for the bottom line of Capitalists), can solve simple poverty on an at-will basis for adult individuals.

You don't need legislation to become a lazy ass bum.

You don't need legislation to become a lazy ass bum.
It is about equal protection of the law

download_20180116_221916.jpg

Think about it. With the exception of San Diego and Sacrament, all of the territory explored and controlled by the Spanish

Alabama has a hookworm epidemic.....the biggest shithole for sure.

You never been to Mississippi, Detroit or east saint Louis...its obvious

Yes, I have. Worked quite a bit around the country and traveled. Detroit is getting much nicer, tough town, and suburbs are nice. Auburn Hills contains many automotive companies, Dearborn has nice museums.

Alabama is a pedo state, has hookworms and the worst racist of them all. Only if the mothers spit a few of these deporables out would that area be much nicer. Thanks for playing.:biggrin:

What an idiot ...

Your Mom should of spit you out when she had a chance.

Your mom should of swallowed you.

You can't use my joke. Gotcha! :banana:

This is the result of liberalism gone wild. No other state should be required to support California by way of taxation.

Beautiful California has gone from red to deep blue and from rich to poor. In fact, it’s the poorest state in the union. The state is now the poverty capital of America.

The California state and local governments spent nearly $958 billion from 1992 through 2015 on public welfare programs, including cash-assistance payments, vendor payments, and other “public welfare” according to Census Bureau.

In an op-ed by Kerry Jackson for the LA Times, the author reports that California, with 12% of the nation’s population, California also has a disproportionate one in three welfare recipients. The generous spending meant to reduce poverty appears to have increased it, she observes.

Why California Is the Poverty Capital of America! It’s About the $958 Billion

California is the 6th largest economy in the world. The taxes it pays to the federal government keeps millions of impoverished alcoholic, and pill addicted hillbillies in red states from starving to death.

Sometimes I wish they and Oregon, and Washington would secede to cull the herd in flyover country.

This is the result of liberalism gone wild. No other state should be required to support California by way of taxation.

Beautiful California has gone from red to deep blue and from rich to poor. In fact, it’s the poorest state in the union. The state is now the poverty capital of America.

The California state and local governments spent nearly $958 billion from 1992 through 2015 on public welfare programs, including cash-assistance payments, vendor payments, and other “public welfare” according to Census Bureau.

In an op-ed by Kerry Jackson for the LA Times, the author reports that California, with 12% of the nation’s population, California also has a disproportionate one in three welfare recipients. The generous spending meant to reduce poverty appears to have increased it, she observes.

Why California Is the Poverty Capital of America! It’s About the $958 Billion

California is the 6th largest economy in the world. The taxes it pays to the federal government keeps millions of impoverished alcoholic, and pill addicted hillbillies in red states from starving to death.

Sometimes I wish they and Oregon, and Washington would secede to cull the herd in flyover country.

This guy gets it.

Not a term with which I am familiar.

What do you mean when you post: "solving simple poverty on an "at-will basis"?

Why should we NOT have means testing for welfare? Should everyone get Section 8 housing, food stamps, free smartphones and reduced cost internet?

California has the nation’s highest poverty rate

Do you really need to lie? This is the problem with you people. And you’ve been here since 2009??

List of U.S. states and territories by poverty rate - Wikipedia

California is number 35
Florida is number 37

Wiki?

Even politifact admits it

TRUE: California has the nation’s highest poverty rate

TRUE: California has the nation’s highest poverty rate, when factoring in cost-of-living
By Chris Nichols on Friday, January 20th, 2017 at 3:11 p.m.

California’s job and economic growth has outpaced much of the nation in recent years. That growth, however, has not eliminated one of the state’s biggest challenges: poverty.

This week, State Assembly Republican Leader Chad Mayes called poverty California’s No. 1 priority during a forum of legislative leaders in Sacramento.

Mayes, who represents parts of San Bernardino and Riverside counties, claimed the state’s poverty rate is higher than any state in the nation when considering factors such as cost-of-living.

"If you look at the official poverty measure in California, we’re about average with the rest of the country," Mayes said. "But if you use the supplemental poverty measure, we are in the lead. We have the highest poverty rate in the nation -- higher than New Mexico, higher than any of the southern states, Louisiana, Alabama, higher than Idaho."

View attachment 172302

Really? I mean REALLY? Your link mentioned Riverside and San Bernardino County as the poorest. I know lots of people that live there and I know your link is not accurate. If it’s the poorest why are they building houses that cost from$400k+ to $800k+????
Can you answer that?

I know those most of places cost more than your house. In reality builders cannot even keep up with the phase. I also know couple of developers.

Here are just samples of new houses in that area.

New Homes in Riverside, CA | 929 New Homes | NewHomeSource

New Homes in Riverside-San Bernardino, CA | 1,364 New Homes | NewHomeSource

92509 New Homes for Sale - Riverside, California

Riverside New Homes & Riverside CA New Construction | Zillow

Riverside, CA New Homes for Sale - realtor.com®

Do you really need to lie? This is the problem with you people. And you’ve been here since 2009??

California is number 35
Florida is number 37

Wiki?

TRUE: California has the nation’s highest poverty rate, when factoring in cost-of-living

California’s job and economic growth has outpaced much of the nation in recent years. That growth, however, has not eliminated one of the state’s biggest challenges: poverty.

This week, State Assembly Republican Leader Chad Mayes called poverty California’s No. 1 priority during a forum of legislative leaders in Sacramento.

Mayes, who represents parts of San Bernardino and Riverside counties, claimed the state’s poverty rate is higher than any state in the nation when considering factors such as cost-of-living.

"If you look at the official poverty measure in California, we’re about average with the rest of the country," Mayes said. "But if you use the supplemental poverty measure, we are in the lead. We have the highest poverty rate in the nation -- higher than New Mexico, higher than any of the southern states, Louisiana, Alabama, higher than Idaho."

View attachment 172302

Really? I mean REALLY? Your link mentioned Riverside and San Bernardino County as the poorest. I know lots of people that live there and I know your link is not accurate. If it’s the poorest why are they building houses that cost from$400k+ to $800k+????
Can you answer that?

I know those most of places cost more than your house. In reality builders cannot even keep up with the phase. I also know couple of developers.

Riverside, CA New Homes for Sale - realtor.com[emoji768]

Remember when it says...... From $700,000 means it can go as high as $1.2 or $1.5 million.

I live here you don’t know what I know and see.

California is number 35
Florida is number 37

Wiki?

View attachment 172302

Can you answer that?

Take a guess at why both cities are complete shitholes.

2441.jpg

2410.jpg

California is number 35
Florida is number 37

Wiki?

View attachment 172302

Can you answer that?

Wow, hard to believe this conversation is even taking place. One thing Riverside/San Bernardino has over LA and Orange County is lots of available relatively cheap land. Builders may build 20-50 houses, maybe even 100 houses. The Inland Empire has a population in excess of 530,000 people. And builders know people are dumb enough to drive 2-3 hours each way to work in order to get a "brand new" house. After all why pay $500k-$600k for a 50 year old house when you can get a brand new on for much cheaper, on paper.
I understand the distance is only a 45 minute drive on a Saturday or Sunday....but on a weekday with traffic, it's 2-3 hours....each way.

Means tested welfare is simply more expensive than compensation for simply being unemployed.

I guess technically I've been "unemployed" since 1974. That was the last year too that I received a W-2 form. According to your ideology, should I have been receiving unemployment compensation, food stamps, Section 8 housing and tons of other benefits?

If that had happened, I sure wouldn't have worked so hard all those years. Naaaaaa, I LOVED ALL my jobs and the rewards they provided.

In addition, random drug testing for anyone receiving welfare-related benefits.

Means tested welfare is simply more expensive than compensation for simply being unemployed.

I guess technically I've been "unemployed" since 1974. That was the last year too that I received a W-2 form. According to your ideology, should I have been receiving unemployment compensation, food stamps, Section 8 housing and tons of other benefits?

If that had happened, I sure wouldn't have worked so hard all those years. Naaaaaa, I LOVED ALL my jobs and the rewards they provided.

In addition, random drug testing for anyone receiving welfare-related benefits.
Only unemployment compensation if you are merely unemployed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back