🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why call shooters "mentally ill"? It's offensive to 99.99% of non violent mentally ill.

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
If Obamas point about the phrase "Radical Islam" is true....then why are he and the left SO QUICK to call a mass killer (any of them)..."Mentally Ill"?

The vast majority of mentally ill Americans AREN'T VIOLENT. Estimates range from 5%-25% of all Americans suffer from some mental illness.

And if Obama says labeling a group can radicalize others...I ask:

1. If Islam is the Religion of Peace and almost all Muslims are peaceful...using radical Islam shouldn't matter since those folks won't turn violent.

2. Since mentally ill people are actually unstable...and the labeling can cause the others in a group to react....it seems calling a shooter "mentally ill" is FAR more risky .

Libs....stop smearing a massive segment of mentally ill Americans by calling mentally ill shooters "mentally ill". It's wrong and it could do harm.

One thing many mass killers have in common is not Islam, but mental illness. The Va Tech shooter, the Sandy Hook shooter, the Aurora Colorado shooter, the Gabby Giffords shooter and possibly the Orlando shoter. I don't much care what labels are used - but I wonder why there is this obsession from the right on labels. What does it accomplish? Shouldn't we be focusing on prevention, understanding the motive, rather than fighting over the label?

Identifying mental illness could hopefully lead to more resources allocated to mental health initiatives since those are usually among the first to be defunded.

If Obamas point about the phrase "Radical Islam" is true....then why are he and the left SO QUICK to call a mass killer (any of them)..."Mentally Ill"?

The vast majority of mentally ill Americans AREN'T VIOLENT. Estimates range from 5%-25% of all Americans suffer from some mental illness.

And if Obama says labeling a group can radicalize others...I ask:

1. If Islam is the Religion of Peace and almost all Muslims are peaceful...using radical Islam shouldn't matter since those folks won't turn violent.

2. Since mentally ill people are actually unstable...and the labeling can cause the others in a group to react....it seems calling a shooter "mentally ill" is FAR more risky .

Libs....stop smearing a massive segment of mentally ill Americans by calling mentally ill shooters "mentally ill". It's wrong and it could do harm.

This is probably going to win the most ignorant post/Thread of the day, week and month on USMB.
I would say that all mass murders are psycho-manics and that includes probably all extremist Islamics who have killed not only non-Islamists but also tens of thousands Islamist, which goes against the words of the Koran.
Explain that one Mr Bigot!

One thing many mass killers have in common is not Islam, but mental illness. I don't much care what labels are used - but I wonder why there is this obsession from the right on labels. What does it accomplish?

Because ISLAM teaches radicalism when they object the secular world by hating everything about what America stands for and represents.
They teach their children to:
reject American ways,
our culture,
our allegiance,
our military by not joining to fight for this country,
our ideals,
our views,
our lifestyle,
our traditions,
our holidays,
our celebrations,
our Independence,
our government,
our killing other radical Muslims,
our flag,
our pledge,
our forefathers.

This prejudice against America is extremism which turns into violence against Americans just as prejudice of the KKK democrat party turned violent against blacks. The GOP is not the KKK practicing violence against Trump supporters, the extremist who hate Americans are radicals.

All Muslims are representative of all Muslims. Muslims stand idly by and are not shutting down none of their Muslims killing the innocent and speaking against US. ISLAM is not a denomination, but a mission to object and hate being like the rest of the world and turn it like them. So, where is the media scolding for ISLAM when their religion bashes Americans. The left have double standards. The libtards condone these killings by being tolerant to ISLAM having their radical way. ISLAM needs regulations. You librats cry about corporations and banks that should be regulated because of their practices, ISLAM in America needs to be monitored so their practices reflect American patriotism, loyalty, allegiance, and traditions or else deport.

I would say that all mass murders are psycho-manics and that includes probably all extremist Islamics who have killed not only non-Islamists but also tens of thousands Islamist, which goes against the words of the Koran.
Explain that one Mr Bigot!
These Muslims are not lunatic groups or followings, they have armies and even a nation called ISIS and IRAN which sole mission is to annihilate Americans and Jews. You also have largely formed Muslim armies and Muslim political parties within Muslim nations which reside within Islamic countries, as well as discreet radical Muslim organizations in America which are waiting and planning to rise against the government and America. Its all about returning to Mohammed teaching for conquering nations to convert the world to ISLAM. At Mohammad's time this was not a radical approach and is still not today to Muslims who follow Mohammad's teachings. The soft Muslims who teach the peaceful part of the Koran falls on the deaf ear of the majority of Muslims who follow Mohammad radical ISLAM for rejecting allegiance to non Islamic nations.

Forum List

Back