Why can't Obama be brave with Ukraine like Bush was in Georgia

Why can't Obama be brave with Ukraine like Bush was in Georgia

Shrub was a coward when it came to serving in Vietnam. But he was real brave sending others to die in Iraq for the profit of Halliburton.

Sorry

I have no interest in getting involved in the Ukraine.

Russia doesn't want the Ukraine having economic ties to the West? Then let him give up his own ties

Russia will be our first major war since Vietnam. They easily have the power to give us many sea, air and ground battles on the scale of tutt or wwII level. We will lose tens of thousand at the very least and likely sustain damages throughout our homeland from missile strikes, air raids, ect.

This is if they don't go nuclear.

If we choose to invade into their lands we have to remember exactly how hard that really is...multiply the number 10 fold of America troops dying in such. Personally I'd rather not.

Remember when Russians invaded Georgia? - Bush came right in and set things straight with his resolve and leadership!

Is this a satire piece? It's hard to tell.

Bush did nothing during the 2008 Russian-Georgia war. Not that he should have, or could have, and he basically deserves credit for staying out of it and not making it worse. It was the dastardly French who brokered the peace.

Thus, I don't know if this is satire, or if the OP is just clueless. One thing is for sure, those demanding Obama threaten the Russians are deeply stupid. It's on the other side of the world in Russia's backyard. Any military threats the USA could try to make would be hollow.

Last edited:
Russia will be our first major war since Vietnam. They easily have the power to give us many sea, air and ground battles on the scale of tutt or wwII level. We will lose tens of thousand at the very least and likely sustain damages throughout our homeland from missile strikes, air raids, ect.

This is if they don't go nuclear.

If we choose to invade into their lands we have to remember exactly how hard that really is...multiply the number 10 fold of America troops dying in such. Personally I'd rather not.

One of these days the chicken hawk cons are going to get us into a war (like with Russia) that's going to end up here. So far the wars have been over there, and it's easy to ignore when we haven't had our cities being blown up. The chicken hawks always send others to feel the pain, the death, the blood and guts, the arms and legs being blown off.

It's so easy for the cons to send you to die for their profit.

Neo Nazis. I have the list. I have your people too.

The Washington-paid schemers are now reaping their just reward as they sit in craven silence while neo-nazi Muzychko, wielding an Ak-47, challenges government officials to their face: "I dare you take my gun!"

Only Obama, Susan Rice, Victoria Nuland, Washington's European puppets, and the Western prostitute media can describe the brutal reality of post-coup Ukraine as "the forward march of democracy."

chalk up another country destabilized by Obama....:evil:

"the forward march of democracy.".....? :eusa_hand:always believe the opposite of what these liars say...

Remember when Russians invaded Georgia? - Bush came right in and set things straight with his resolve and leadership! Now you have a liberal in Washington who doesn't know what he is doing, and so America is sinking!
Bush turned tail and ran.

Obama: There is no possible justification for these attacks. I reiterate my call for Russia to stop its bombing campaign, to stop flights of Russian aircraft in Georgian airspace, and to withdraw its ground forces from Georgia.
McCain: Russia should immediately and unconditionally cease its military operations and withdraw all forces from sovereign Georgian territory.

Bush to Russia: Reverse 'unacceptable' course in Georgia - CNN.com

"Russia must reverse the course it appears to be on," Bush said in the Rose Garden of the White House.
The Russian military advanced farther into Georgia on Monday, moving beyond Georgia's two breakaway provinces, according to Georgia's government, which has called for a cease-fire.
Russian and Georgian officials said Russia had entered Senaki, in western Georgia, outside of breakaway Abkhazia. But Russia has not confirmed any other advance of its ground forces beyond South Ossetia and Abkhazia.
Bush said evidence suggests Russia would soon begin bombing the civilian airport in Georgia's capital city, Tbilisi.
"If these reports are accurate ... these actions would be inconsistent with the assurances we received from Russia that its objectives were limited to restoring the status quo in [Georgian breakaway region] South Ossetia that existed before the fighting began on August 6," Bush said.
video.gif
Watch Bush demand a cease-fire »
World powers have urged Russia to agree to an immediate cease-fire with Georgia and accept international mediation on the crisis in South Ossetia.
photos.gif
See photos from the conflict »

Bush said Russia's invasion of Georgia and the threat to Georgia's democratically elected government "is unacceptable in the 21st century" and has "substantially damaged Russia's standing in the world."
"These actions jeopardize Russians' relations ... with the United States and Europe," Bush said.

snip/

Over the weekend, the State Department allowed families of U.S. diplomats in Georgia to leave the country. Diplomats, however, would remain, the department said.
The United States also has helped about 170 Americans leave Georgia in two convoys, with a third planned Tuesday.

The situation is entirely different. With Georgia the Georgians said that the Russians were on the border and they were afraid they were going to be invaded. They asked for our help. In Ukraine, the Ukranians said the majority wanted a trade agreement with Russia and EU leaning liberals revolted then the Ukranians asked Russia for help.

The situation IS entirely different.

Back then, we had a President.;)
Bush did nothing.

Bush failed to halt Georgia war, says Putin | World news | The Guardian

Russia only sent troops and tanks to drive Georgian forces out of South Ossetia after President George Bush failed to put pressure on Georgia's president to stop his attacks on the breakaway territory, Vladimir Putin said yesterday. The Russian prime minister told a group of western journalists and experts on Russia that he held two meetings with the US leader during the Beijing Olympics as the crisis began to unfold, but received insufficient assurances from him.
"They [Georgian military forces] launched their attacks at 23:30 [on August 7]. I learned about it the following morning. I spoke to Bush. He said 'No one wants war.' We expected something would happen," Putin said, suggesting that he expected the US to rein in its regional ally in Tbilisi.
"I met him again at the stadium. I can't tell you in detail the content of the conversation, but I had the feeling that his administration wouldn't do anything about stopping the conflict," Putin said. Russian tanks were then ordered to move on the South Ossetian capital, Tskhinvali.

The situation is entirely different. With Georgia the Georgians said that the Russians were on the border and they were afraid they were going to be invaded. They asked for our help. In Ukraine, the Ukranians said the majority wanted a trade agreement with Russia and EU leaning liberals revolted then the Ukranians asked Russia for help.

The situation IS entirely different.

Back then, we had a President.;)
Bush did nothing.

Bush failed to halt Georgia war, says Putin | World news | The Guardian

Russia only sent troops and tanks to drive Georgian forces out of South Ossetia after President George Bush failed to put pressure on Georgia's president to stop his attacks on the breakaway territory, Vladimir Putin said yesterday. The Russian prime minister told a group of western journalists and experts on Russia that he held two meetings with the US leader during the Beijing Olympics as the crisis began to unfold, but received insufficient assurances from him.
"They [Georgian military forces] launched their attacks at 23:30 [on August 7]. I learned about it the following morning. I spoke to Bush. He said 'No one wants war.' We expected something would happen," Putin said, suggesting that he expected the US to rein in its regional ally in Tbilisi.
"I met him again at the stadium. I can't tell you in detail the content of the conversation, but I had the feeling that his administration wouldn't do anything about stopping the conflict," Putin said. Russian tanks were then ordered to move on the South Ossetian capital, Tskhinvali.

so you believe everything Putin says...? :cuckoo:

Bush took Putin to task:

U.S. president George W. Bush's statement to Russia was: "Bullying and intimidation are not acceptable ways to conduct foreign policy in the 21st century."[345] "Russia has invaded a sovereign neighbouring state and threatens a democratic government elected by its people," said Mr Bush. "Such an action is unacceptable in the 21st century." [346] The US Embassy in Georgia, describing the Matthew Bryza press-conference, called the war an "incursion by one of the world's strongest powers to destroy the democratically elected government of a smaller neighbor".[347]
Initially the Bush Administration considered a military response to defend Georgia, but such an intervention was ruled out due to the inevitable conflict it would lead to with Russia.[348][349] Instead, Bush opted for a softer option by sending humanitarian supplies to Georgia by military, rather than civilian, aircraft.

Russia?Georgia war - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Georgia deserves to join NATO...

So none of you can tell us what the right policy is?

lolol, of course you can't.

You'll attack Obama for what you say is not being aggressive enough, up until the minute he were to take any aggressive action,

then you'll all turn into peaceniks.

You'll attack Obama for what you say is not being aggressive enough, up until the minute he were to take any aggressive action,

Right policy is for US/Saudi/Israel politicians to get their asses put in labor camps for life, it is the only valid policy.

Right policy is for US/Saudi/Israel politicians to get their asses put in labor camps for life, it is the only valid policy.

You make no sense at all. And you make a fool of yourself.

You make no sense at all. And you make a fool of yourself.
Then again, I'm not concerned about making a fool of myself in a place where people argue about gay rights and bash liberals and conservatives all day. Just trying to fit in my friend, really, just trying to fit in...

Why can't the U.S. leave the Russians alone?

because Russia won't leave democratic countries alone....?

but don't worry.....your dear leader is doing his very best to help the commies

The government that was just overthrown was democratically elected. The election was overseen by scores of outside observers and certified cleaner than a New York Mayor's election.

The EU and US undermined that government and assisted in its overthrow. The current government is not elected but the result of a violent coup d' tat.

Russia is no longer communist, though far from being the land of liberty.

Why can't the U.S. leave the Russians alone?

The government that was just overthrown was democratically elected. The election was overseen by scores of outside observers and certified cleaner than a New York Mayor's election.

The EU and US undermined that government and assisted in its overthrow. The current government is not elected but the result of a violent coup d' tat.

Did you look at the photos of the presidential palace? No? Better go look at what the 1% in the Ukraine thought was their due. Oh, wait, the so-called 1% doesn't include the government elite...

Remember when Russians invaded Georgia? - Bush came right in and set things straight with his resolve and leadership! Now you have a liberal in Washington who doesn't know what he is doing, and so America is sinking!

Yeah, but Bush was a terrible president and Obama is the guy we want when that red phone rings at 3am. Well, the phone rang and Obama's doing exactly what Bush did. So maybe Bush wasn't as dumb as a bunch of people think or Obama is a useless as tits on a bull.

Did you look at the photos of the presidential palace? No? Better go look at what the 1% in the Ukraine thought was their due. Oh, wait, the so-called 1% doesn't include the government elite...
Royal opulence, like that is something unique to Ukraine?

In Ossetia Bush did exactly as Obummer is doing now, ignoring the warhawks, issuing some idle tersely worded statements and watched from the sidelines. Exactly as he should have done and as jugears ought to continue to do.

Forum List

Back