Why Did, And Why Do, So Many Self-Proclaimed Conservative Side w/Rush On Sandra Fluke

He didn't really apologize either. And I believe after his faux-apology, he resumed his attack on Fluke.

It's funny, you can tell the sense, or lack thereof, of the the far RW radical Republicans in their cult-like defense of a dumb-dumb like Sarah Palin and Lush Rimbaugh.

They like to pretend that Joe Biden is a dummy like their morons, yet he wiped the floors with both Palin and Ryan, their so-called "New Hope" with a smile on his face. Didn't even break a sweat.

They'll pretend that they won though, right until after election when they realized they lost...MASSIVELY. Yet again.

He resumed his attack on her position. It takes a completely ignorant asshole to confuse an attack on an opinion with an attack on a person.

Sorry, I forgot who I was talking to.
No sir, you are wrong. An attack on her position does not involve, nor does it include slinging PERSONAL insults at the individual. Which is EXACTLY what he did....even AFTER his so-called apology.

Lush Rimbaugh is one of the biggest frauds in the world. Anyone with a lick of sense realizes this.

Feel free to point out any personal attacks I made on her. Failing that, you could just shut the fuck up.

like I care what you consider..I'm not defending Limbaugh or the little rich girl whining in front of congress.

You are absolutely defending Limbaugh. You're saying he was right. The only people dumber than Limbaugh, are those who cannot see through his sleeze and his lies. Especially women, who allow him to preach his misogny and hatred of women, unchallenged.

If you actually thought about how the Republic Party's platform disrespects and marginalizes women, you're realize that you are voting against your own best interests, and the interests of every other woman in the US.

You claim that Democrats are "sheeple", but here you are voting against equal pay for women, and voting in favour of sexual discrimination, sexual harassment, and giving the state the right to determine when and if you should have a baby. You also give the state the right to determine who you can love. It wasn't that long ago that inter-racial marriage was illegal.

I'm not prepared to give up those rights, but you are. Talking about voting for the nanny state.
She's defending Lush Rimbaugh because people like her have more hatred towards anything Democratic, whether real or perceived. If it shines a good light on The Democrats, it's gotta be bad, and if it bashes The Democrats, it's gotta be good. That's how it is in her book.

Just like how the GOP is reacting to Obama, whatever's he's for....they're against it. Even if and when it was THEIR idea in the first place.

lol, now you are a psychologist..
you should look in a mirror when speaking of who hates

like I care what you consider..I'm not defending Limbaugh or the little rich girl whining in front of congress.

You are absolutely defending Limbaugh. You're saying he was right. The only people dumber than Limbaugh, are those who cannot see through his sleeze and his lies. Especially women, who allow him to preach his misogny and hatred of women, unchallenged.

If you actually thought about how the Republic Party's platform disrespects and marginalizes women, you're realize that you are voting against your own best interests, and the interests ofjof every other woman in the US.

You claim that Democrats are "sheeple", but here you are voting against equal pay for women, and voting in favour of sexual discrimination, sexual harassment, and giving the state the right to determine when and if you should have a baby. You also give the state the right to determine who you can love. It wasn't that long ago that inter-racial marriage was illegal.

I'm not prepared to give up those rights, but you are. Talking about voting for the nanny state.

There are many intelligent women in this ruby red area of Florida who vote against their own interests because they are avoiding cognitive dissonance. The pulpit and the party are congruent as to the Gawd-ordained subordinate role of women.

When Republicans complain that Dems take Gawd out of their platform they are talking directly about the Dems not having the pulpit - party link.

All the more reason to have churches pay property tax. They are electioneering, beyond a doubt. Let them pay taxes and be honest about directing church members votes.

Regards from Rosie

don't you just love people who think they know and who tell others what their "best interest" SHOULD BE

that's why they love the little college rich girl, fluke..they are just like her..

Last edited:
Dragonlady clearly elucidated intelligent reasons why self-reliant women should not vote Republican

If a woman feels she should only stay home, cook, clean, have babies and go to church twice a week then Republicanism is appropriate in maintaining the white male patriarchy.

No women, however, should believe any patriarchy is in her best interest. Only men are telling her it is from the pulpit, after all.

Regards from Rosie

Dragonlady clearly elucidated intelligent reasons why self-reliant women should not vote Republican

If a woman feels she should only stay home, cook, clean, have babies and go to church twice a week then Republicanism is appropriate in maintaining the white male patriarchy.

No women, however, should believe any patriarchy is in her best interest. Only men are telling her it is from the pulpit, after all.

Regards from Rosie

omg, you two are both nuts..

If you actually thought about how the Republic Party's platform disrespects and marginalizes women, you're realize that you are voting against your own best interests, and the interests of every other woman in the US.

She's defending Lush Rimbaugh because people like her have more hatred towards anything Democratic, whether real or perceived. If it shines a good light on The Democrats, it's gotta be bad, and if it bashes The Democrats, it's gotta be good. That's how it is in her book.

Just like how the GOP is reacting to Obama, whatever's he's for....they're against it. Even if and when it was THEIR idea in the first place.

You are giggling uncomfortably because I got you pegged dead-to-rights.

I got your pyschologist right here.

Regards from Rosie

Reality check, she actually elucidated all the ways the Democratic Party keeps women from being self reliant.

He resumed his attack on her position. It takes a completely ignorant asshole to confuse an attack on an opinion with an attack on a person.

Sorry, I forgot who I was talking to.
No sir, you are wrong. An attack on her position does not involve, nor does it include slinging PERSONAL insults at the individual. Which is EXACTLY what he did....even AFTER his so-called apology.

Lush Rimbaugh is one of the biggest frauds in the world. Anyone with a lick of sense realizes this.

Feel free to point out any personal attacks I made on her. Failing that, you could just shut the fuck up.
I was referring to Lush Rimbaugh my friend, not you. Take it easy big fella.

You are giggling uncomfortably because I got you pegged dead-to-rights.

I got your pyschologist right here.

the only you got is a over inflated ego

Fine then, point out any way Rush personally attacked Fluke after his apology where he admitted he was wrong for personally attacking her.

Did you?
[/QUOTE]

Yes, I did read what she said.

Planned Parenthood's funding has been cut to the point where they can't just hand out free contraceptives to anyone who asks for them, without need. These are, as you pointed out, women who paid $30K for college tuition which includes medical insurance.

Georgetown is a top 10 law school, which means, having a better chance of getting hired on graduation. It is a school which students will mortgage their souls to get into, and not a school you attend just because your daddy's rich. So yes, for students working their way through law school, having to jump through additional hoops for the insurance company to provide those BCP's are for your tumours and not so you can have sex for fun, is a real problem.

Not to mention, male law students don't have to deal with this crap.

I would also like to add, that students don't get to pick and choose their medical plans. If they could, those with a need would most certainly ensure it including contraception. 90% of Catholic women use contraception regardless of what the Church teaches. The pointed omission of contraception from this plan, may be what the Church wants, but it isn't what its women want, and should the government be asking the women what THEY want, since, they after all, are the ones who are paying for it with their tuition.

Fine then, point out any way Rush personally attacked Fluke after his apology where he admitted he was wrong for personally attacking her.

Funny -- when I demanded documentation, I got this:
If I had just made the point, and never previously defended it, you could claim victory. On the other hand, since I have already made, and defended, the point, it is your job to refute it.

-- haven't you heard? It's your job to refute. Can't say you didn't get the memo-- you wrote the memo.

Yes, I did read what she said.

Planned Parenthood's funding has been cut to the point where they can't just hand out free contraceptives to anyone who asks for them, without need. These are, as you pointed out, women who paid $30K for college tuition which includes medical insurance.

Georgetown is a top 10 law school, which means, having a better chance of getting hired on graduation. It is a school which students will mortgage their souls to get into, and not a school you attend just because your daddy's rich. So yes, for students working their way through law school, having to jump through additional hoops for the insurance company to provide those BCP's are for your tumours and not so you can have sex for fun, is a real problem.

Not to mention, male law students don't have to deal with this crap.

Bullshit. No wonder you would be proud if your daughter lied, you are not teaching her dig for the facts and find the truth. You prefer a daughter that parrots your talking points without thinking. The women who fought for their rights a century ago would be ashamed if they could see what has become of their efforts.

Take a look at the numbers and show me how the fact that Planned Parenthood is reporting record levels of government support somehow proves their funding has been cut. This year 45% of their budget comes from taxes.

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/about-us/annual-report-4661.htm

By the way, what makes you think male students don't have to deal with the imaginary funding cuts if they stop by Planned Parenthood to get free condoms?

Last edited:
oh brother, Limbaugh's vile comments..the only reason people heard what he said is because of you on the left having a cow over it...blame yourselves

Funny, I thought the reason we heard about it was because 500 radio stations across the country carry his show.

Although it was afew less after that.

And also he is desperately attempting to hold on to his wingnut rockstar status by finding more and more extreme things to say for 3 hours a day.

He's having trouble justifying his existence these days.

Astute point. Limbo was trying to stretch out his TSL according to this analysis from the conservative side:

... But even more than the total size of the audience, radio advertisers care about a measure called TSL: time spent listening. The people who listen longest are of course the most ideologically intense.

Here’s how this operates in the real world. Limbaugh knows that his share of big markets like Dallas or Atlanta has dropped from his old 5 percent in any given hour to, say, 3 percent. But if he can entice that 3 percent to listen twice as long, he can more than make up the loss.

That imperative explains why Limbaugh kept talking about Sandra Fluke for so long. He was boosting his TSL to compensate for his dwindling market share. Few things boost TSL like getting the old folks agitated over how much sexy sex these shameless young hussies are having nowadays. (And make no mistake: Limbaugh’s audience is very old. One station manager quipped to me, “The median age of Limbaugh’s audience? Deceased.”)

I would also like to add, that students don't get to pick and choose their medical plans. If they could, those with a need would most certainly ensure it including contraception. 90% of Catholic women use contraception regardless of what the Church teaches. The pointed omission of contraception from this plan, may be what the Church wants, but it isn't what its women want, and should the government be asking the women what THEY want, since, they after all, are the ones who are paying for it with their tuition.

I would like to point out that, until Obamacare passed, anyone was free to pick and choose whatever medical plan they wanted. I know this for a fact because I used to have my own medical plan before you idiots stepped in to save me from my own choices.

Funny -- when I demanded documentation, I got this:
If I had just made the point, and never previously defended it, you could claim victory. On the other hand, since I have already made, and defended, the point, it is your job to refute it.

-- haven't you heard? It's your job to refute. Can't say you didn't get the memo-- you wrote the memo.

And, if you keep reading, you will see I ended up pointing out the exact lies she made when previous posters came into this thread and tried to spread their lies.

You loose.

For what it's worth, I don't remember Limblob revisiting Sandra Fluke after his walletfelt apology where he claimed "the Left did it". What I do remember is him moving on to the next woman to attack, which was Tracie McMillan.

Of course with the Fluke outrage and the attendant advertiser exodus going on, the McMillan story pretty much played Wally Pipp to Fluke's Lou Gehrig, but it was just the latest in a long legacy of Limblobian misogyny.

Forum List

Back