Why Did, And Why Do, So Many Self-Proclaimed Conservative Side w/Rush On Sandra Fluke

like I care what you consider..I'm not defending Limbaugh or the little rich girl whining in front of congress.

You are absolutely defending Limbaugh. You're saying he was right. The only people dumber than Limbaugh, are those who cannot see through his sleeze and his lies. Especially women, who allow him to preach his misogny and hatred of women, unchallenged.

If you actually thought about how the Republic Party's platform disrespects and marginalizes women, you're realize that you are voting against your own best interests, and the interests of every other woman in the US.

You claim that Democrats are "sheeple", but here you are voting against equal pay for women, and voting in favour of sexual discrimination, sexual harassment, and giving the state the right to determine when and if you should have a baby. You also give the state the right to determine who you can love. It wasn't that long ago that inter-racial marriage was illegal.

I'm not prepared to give up those rights, but you are. Talking about voting for the nanny state.

Last edited:
like I care what you consider..I'm not defending Limbaugh or the little rich girl whining in front of congress.

You are absolutely defending Limbaugh. You're saying he was right. The only people dumber than Limbaugh, are those who cannot see through his sleeze and his lies. Especially women, who allow him to preach his misogny and hatred of women, unchallenged.

If you actually thought about how the Republic Party's platform disrespects and marginalizes women, you're realize that you are voting against your own best interests, and the interests of every other woman in the US.

You claim that Democrats are "sheeple", but here you are voting against equal pay for women, and voting in favour of sexual discrimination, sexual harassment, and giving the state the right to determine when and if you should have a baby. You also give the state the right to determine who you can love. It wasn't that long ago that inter-racial marriage was illegal.

I'm not prepared to give up those rights, but you are. Talking about voting for the nanny state.

oh my gawd, you don't know what the hell I vote for, so shut up and WORRY about your own damn country
all this spew over some woman I didn't PICK or vote for to speak for me

Last edited:
oh my gawd, you don't know what the hell I vote for, so shut up and WORRY about your own damn country

Yes, spew is a good word for it.

The women who attend Georgetown University did pick Sandra Fluke to speak for them. That is the whole point. THEY picked her to speak on their behalf because THEY knew her to be an articulate spokes woman. And the Republican senators refused to let her speak (until after the ensuing uproar), because they could not see the relevance of a woman speaking to the need for coverage for contraception.

Unless you are paying tuition at this university, you don't have any right to pass judgement on who those students chose to represent them, nor do you have the right to call her a liar, a slut or any other disgusting name you and your a$$hat buddies think is appropriate.

Yes, spew is a good word for it.

The women who attend Georgetown University did pick Sandra Fluke to speak for them. That is the whole point. THEY picked her to speak on their behalf because THEY knew her to be an articulate spokes woman. And the Republican senators refused to let her speak (until after the ensuing uproar), because they could not see the relevance of a woman speaking to the need for coverage for contraception.

Unless you are paying tuition at this university, you don't have any right to pass judgement on who those students chose to represent them, nor do you have the right to call her a liar, a slut or any other disgusting name you and your a$$hat buddies think is appropriate.

You don't know that the women who attend Georgetown picked her to speak for them, you don't even live here..
I have THE RIGHT to call her anything I want..Now go whine and lecture someone who might give a shit
man you really have the hots for this woman, don't you

What lying?? :link: ??

The only lying has been from Rash Limpjaw and his sycophants in threads like this. If that's not the case, then why did Lush issue a walletfelt apology on March 3rd?

Unless you can document this, your assertion of "lying" is itself a lie. Like that guy back in post 95 four days ago. I'm still waiting for documentation on that one, but once I called him on it, he ran away because he's a liar and a coward.

Your move... :eusa_whistle:

Go back and read the threads form the time, there are plenty of them.

Thanks for the instant cop-out. At least I didn't have to wait four days. :lame2:

Guess it's my job to look up your point... unbelievable.

Pfffft.

If I had just made the point, and never previously defended it, you could claim victory. On the other hand, since I have already made, and defended, the point, it is your job to refute it.

Feel free.

Last edited:
I have THE RIGHT to call her anything I want..Now go whine and lecture someone who might give a shit
man you really have the hots for this woman, don't you

And I have the right to call you anything I want. Stupid twat would be a start.

No, I don't have the hots for this woman. I have the hots for stupid little twats who call women they don't know, sluts, because some misognyistic asshole tells them to.

What lies did she tell? She was talking about the difficulty for women to get their birth control paid for when they have medical conditions, like endometriosis, for which BCP's are a primary form of treatment.

The bald fact is that birth control pills should be covered by health insurance. Period. End of story. Not covering birth control should not be any option for any employer. Let the patient decide what is morally right for her, not her employer.

No she wasn't, she said that the average co ed couldn't afford any form of contraception, even free condoms from Planned Parenthood or the $10 bucks a month at the local WalMart to get the pill, and admitted she deliberately went to a Catholic University to force them to provide birth control to everyone free of charge.
She said no such thing, which is why you will never link to a quote from her. You can only find such a claim from your MessiahRushie and the GOP hate media echo chamber.

Before you can get the pill for $15 - $50 per month at Walmart you need to be examined by a doctor and then have the pill prescribed and the prescription periodically renewed. Those doctor visits are not free!

Why birth control pills need to be prescribed | Fox News

I fail to agree with the latest recommendations from the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists – declaring it is safe to sell birth control pills without prescriptions.
I do agree that birth control pills are relatively safe. However, there are some patients who require an assessment of risk factors before taking birth control, and some of these can only be identified during a medical visit. Many women in this country do not realize that lifestyle can affect the potential side effects of any prescription or non-prescription medication. From obesity and hypertension to smoking and blood-clotting disorders, many factors can influence the behavior of certain drugs – especially birth control.
According to the World Health Organization, many women with certain conditions should refrain from using birth control pills altogether. These conditions include liver disease, breast cancer, some types of diabetes, hypertension and heart disease, coronary artery disease and more.

Are you saying she did not claim that 40% of Georgetown students cannot afford birth control? Because I can fucking prove that is exactly what she said. I use the fact that you can get it free from Planned Parenthood, can get free condoms everywhere, and that the pill is available for less than $10 a month to illustrate that she was lying.

By the way, Planned Parenthood provides free doctors exams for birth control. so you trying to argue you have to go to the doctor just adds to my point that Fluke, and you, are lying. In fact, I recall pointing out your lies specifically at the time, yet here you are again repeating them.

Do you remember how I pointed out that the government is the one forcing women to go to the doctor instead of allowing them to buy it OTC? Yet you stand here today and try to blame the insurance companies and the Catholic Church.

Keep lying, you make my point every time you do it.

Pogo and Ed.....you guys are GOOD. Refuting with actual facts can be tiresome, but you both are doing a fantastic job. Kudos to you both, hat's off, three cheers and :udaman: x 2

Regards from Rosie

Actual facts? Pogo didn't post a single fact, he just demanded I refute something that has been exploded more than once. As for Ed, all he did was repeat Fluke's lies and blame Rush for my opinion even though I never listen to him.

Maybe of you took the time to look at the facts, like the simple fact that HHS overruled the FTC on making the pill available OTC in December of 2011, which makes it a political decision that was supported by Obama. That means that, if you actually care about facts, you can't blame anyone else.

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/08/...er-sale-of-emergency-contraceptives.html?_r=0

No she wasn't, she said that the average co ed couldn't afford any form of contraception, even free condoms from Planned Parenthood or the $10 bucks a month at the local WalMart to get the pill, and admitted she deliberately went to a Catholic University to force them to provide birth control to everyone free of charge.
She said no such thing, which is why you will never link to a quote from her. You can only find such a claim from your MessiahRushie and the GOP hate media echo chamber.

Before you can get the pill for $15 - $50 per month at Walmart you need to be examined by a doctor and then have the pill prescribed and the prescription periodically renewed. Those doctor visits are not free!

I fail to agree with the latest recommendations from the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists – declaring it is safe to sell birth control pills without prescriptions.
I do agree that birth control pills are relatively safe. However, there are some patients who require an assessment of risk factors before taking birth control, and some of these can only be identified during a medical visit. Many women in this country do not realize that lifestyle can affect the potential side effects of any prescription or non-prescription medication. From obesity and hypertension to smoking and blood-clotting disorders, many factors can influence the behavior of certain drugs – especially birth control.
According to the World Health Organization, many women with certain conditions should refrain from using birth control pills altogether. These conditions include liver disease, breast cancer, some types of diabetes, hypertension and heart disease, coronary artery disease and more.

Are you saying she did not claim that 40% of Georgetown students cannot afford birth control? Because I can fucking prove that is exactly what she said. I use the fact that you can get it free from Planned Parenthood, can get free condoms everywhere, and that the pill is available for less than $10 a month to illustrate that she was lying.

By the way, Planned Parenthood provides free doctors exams for birth control. so you trying to argue you have to go to the doctor just adds to my point that Fluke, and you, are lying. In fact, I recall pointing out your lies specifically at the time, yet here you are again repeating them.

Do you remember how I pointed out that the government is the one forcing women to go to the doctor instead of allowing them to buy it OTC? Yet you stand here today and try to blame the insurance companies and the Catholic Church.

What she said EXACTLY was that 40% were STRUGGLING financially as a result of the school policy.

[FONT='Lucida Grande', Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Forty percent of female students at Georgetown Law report struggling financially as a result of this policy.
[/FONT]

That is not what she said at all. This is the text of Ms. Fluke's testimony:

Full Transcript of Sandra Fluke's Testimony - LGF Pages

This woman is a law student, giving serious testimony about violations of women's rights, not some air-head wanting to have her good time funded, as you and others here are painting her to be.

You're no better than those who told the lies in the first place.

The woman is a fucking activist who is lying through her teeth. From your fucking link.

Forty percent of female students at Georgetown Law report struggling financially as a result of this policy.
That, in case you have a problem with English, means 40% of the students who go to an elite law school cannot afford to go to Planned Parenthood to get free condoms and/or a free screening for a prescription for the pill. If you factor in that most of these girls have rich parents and/or or get some sort of financial aid that includes living expenses, I find it mind boggling that they cannot afford free birth control.

Feel free to double down and insist that I am the one misrepresenting the facts again, I love slapping lying bitches around when they call me a liar.

Last edited:
To distance yourself from the Republican party because of what Rush said is silly to me.
Just like the Libs blaming all the problems of the world on president Bush is just as silly.

On this issue, it's not just because of what Rush said, it's that no one in the Republican Party stood up on behalf of Sandra Fluke or defended her right to speak to the Committee. In fact, is they said anything at all, they defended Rush and his comments.

When you also consider that the only states putting impediments in the way of women obtaining abortions in the form of transvaginal ultrasounds, are all Republican states, and that all of the legitimate rape guys are Republicans. The same people who don't want to have businesses regulated, sure do want to have women regulated.

As long as Republicans talk about women's reproductive issues as something they have a right to control, women will not vote Republican. Not the smart ones anyway.
So true.

I second that motion. :clap2:

That is not what she said at all. This is the text of Ms. Fluke's testimony:

Full Transcript of Sandra Fluke's Testimony - LGF Pages

This woman is a law student, giving serious testimony about violations of women's rights, not some air-head wanting to have her good time funded, as you and others here are painting her to be.

You're no better than those who told the lies in the first place.
You know, if Far RW radical Republicans didn't lie....they'd have nothing to say.

Republicans? Excuse me? Tell me something, since Kathleen Sebelius, an Obama flunky, is the one who overruled the FDA when they wanted to allow pharmacies to sell the pill OTC, how the fuck is it the fault of the Republicans that we still live in the dark ages?

The thing is, there actually was a valid policy argument here.

Should organizations be forced to pay for insurance when it covers things that violate their beliefs. Personally, I don't think there should be an exemption. If you are going to make health care a form of compensation instead of a public service like every other civilized country has done, then that compensation should not be limited to the beliefs of the provider.

And it was completely overshadowed by Limbaugh's vile comments.

Personally, I don't think you think. It was the Democrats that made health care a form of compensation when they decided to freeze the wages because they thought the free market was going to screw things up.

oh right, Maher isn't a oponion maker.. man oh man
Rush did apologize but that is never good enough for you people
Fluke is a joke and will always be looked at as one

I suspect that young lady will have a bright career ahead of her.

Limbaugh didn't apologize because he was sorry he did it, he apologized because he got caught.
He didn't really apologize either. And I believe after his faux-apology, he resumed his attack on Fluke.

It's funny, you can tell the sense, or lack thereof, of the the far RW radical Republicans in their cult-like defense of a dumb-dumb like Sarah Palin and Lush Rimbaugh.

They like to pretend that Joe Biden is a dummy like their morons, yet he wiped the floors with both Palin and Ryan, their so-called "New Hope" with a smile on his face. Didn't even break a sweat.

They'll pretend that they won though, right until after election when they realized they lost...MASSIVELY. Yet again.

He resumed his attack on her position. It takes a completely ignorant asshole to confuse an attack on an opinion with an attack on a person.

Sorry, I forgot who I was talking to.

Fluke is a joke and will always be looked at as one

Fluke is NOT a joke. She was a bright and articulate spokeswoman for the issue she presented. I would be proud to have a daughter like Ms. Fluke.

Your attitude towards this woman who is defending YOUR rights too, is disgraceful. That you would parrot an idiot like Limbaugh, well, that just says it all.

You would be proud to have a daughter that went in front of Congress and lied?

This, more than anything, is what is wrong with your side of the debate.

tough shit, I didn't PICK her to speak me so she wasn't defending anything for me..she was the disgrace as far I am concerned

Did you read what said said?

I consider you a disgrace - ill informed and unwilling to fact check. Not only listening to but believing anything Rush Limbaugh says. Defending that misognynistic drug addict. I raised my girls to be a lot smarter than that.

Read some Naomi Klein for heaven's sake. Assuming of course, you can read.

Did you?

I didn't think so.

What she said EXACTLY was that 40% were STRUGGLING financially as a result of the school policy.

[FONT='Lucida Grande', Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

They were struggling because they can't afford free birth control?

Still lying.

She's defending Lush Rimbaugh because people like her have more hatred towards anything Democratic, whether real or perceived. If it shines a good light on The Democrats, it's gotta be bad, and if it bashes The Democrats, it's gotta be good. That's how it is in her book.

Just like how the GOP is reacting to Obama, whatever's he's for....they're against it. Even if and when it was THEIR idea in the first place.

I suspect that young lady will have a bright career ahead of her.

Limbaugh didn't apologize because he was sorry he did it, he apologized because he got caught.
He didn't really apologize either. And I believe after his faux-apology, he resumed his attack on Fluke.

It's funny, you can tell the sense, or lack thereof, of the the far RW radical Republicans in their cult-like defense of a dumb-dumb like Sarah Palin and Lush Rimbaugh.

They like to pretend that Joe Biden is a dummy like their morons, yet he wiped the floors with both Palin and Ryan, their so-called "New Hope" with a smile on his face. Didn't even break a sweat.

They'll pretend that they won though, right until after election when they realized they lost...MASSIVELY. Yet again.

He resumed his attack on her position. It takes a completely ignorant asshole to confuse an attack on an opinion with an attack on a person.

Sorry, I forgot who I was talking to.
No sir, you are wrong. An attack on her position does not involve, nor does it include slinging PERSONAL insults at the individual. Which is EXACTLY what he did....even AFTER his so-called apology.

Lush Rimbaugh is one of the biggest frauds in the world. Anyone with a lick of sense realizes this.

READ THE TEXT OF HER PRESENTATION.

How can you be so bigotted and narrow to rag on this woman without even bothering to read what she said?

I did.

In fact, I quoted it to prove I actually read it, and not a single person has successfully argued that I misunderstand anything she said. Only one person even tried, but he had to resort to outright lies to make his point.

Feel free to step up and prove me wrong by actually addressing my points with facts that somehow prove that you can't get free condoms from Planned Parenthood.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back