Why did Bush lie about Saddam being connected to 9/11?

We all wanted change. We all still do. Now we know a Liberal President isn't going to bring about that change.

We all wanted change. We all still do. Now we know a Liberal President isn't going to bring about that change.
Nice bullshit response is .... bullshit.

In reality, Conservatives and Republicans voted for McCain and Romney. Neither candidate representing change.

Last edited:
I don't give President Bush junior that much credit. I don't think he lied as much as was lied to, believed it, and repeated it.

I don't give President Bush junior that much credit. I don't think he lied as much as was lied to, believed it, and repeated it.
.... or wanted to believe it. It's been reported that he had his eyes set on Iraq since early in his presidency.

I consider this to be Bush's biggest lie about Iraq and Saddam.

Rightwingers like to distract from the event that Bush tried to link Saddam to - 9/11. Even the dumbest of rightwingers should now be convinced that Saddam HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH 9/11. However, if any of them still think so - please provide credible proof.

I heard and saw Bush live on TV when he first tried to make this link. If there are any doubters - just Google "bush links saddam to 9/11"...

These days I tend to give Bush the benefit of doubt and think maybe he didn't knowingly tell a lie. I lean towards the other popular conclusion, the cadre of neocons he surrounded himself with, probably thru the the influence of Cheney, whispered the lie into his ear so often and so convincingly that he came to believe it. And without much common sense of his own to guide him it was just one more nail in the coffin for those hundred fifty thousand +/- dead bodies (they are still piling up) that resulted from his tragic shortcomings. I know it's no consolation for the havoc that continues to roil the world but it may in the grand scheme of history diminish the evil to a small degree that is attributed to him personally.

Is there even a remote chance that they believed it? Remember the troops and their gas mask and anti-chemical warfare equipment? Remember the Kurds being gassed by Saddam? Remember Hillary saying almost exactly the same words as Bush? I think we all believed Saddam had WMD and he did.

lol

got your ass handed to you in the other thread so you start a new thread in the hopes people won't see your ass kicking

troll

btw.....YOU started the thread, it is up to YOU to provide links. you did not, because you are a liar.

I really don't mind being called a liar by someone who is too dumb to know such a basic fact.

[ame=[MEDIA=youtube]YPJCPcYCupY[/MEDIA] LIES - Bush Cheney Rumsfeld - THE ULTIMATE CLIP (Edited) - YouTube[/ame]

I watched the entire video and nowhere in that video did you show that Bush lied about Saddam an 9/11. In fact your video shows that Bush said Saddam was not involved in 9/11. Did you even watch the video before posting it?

Bush had trouble putting together two coherent sentences about anything so he left the explanation of the linkage between 911 and the Saddam to his minions but he did try. "The reason I keep insisting that there was a relationship between Iraq and Saddam and al Qaeda: because there was a relationship between Iraq and al Qaeda," Bush said after a Cabinet meeting. As evidence, he cited Iraqi intelligence officers' meeting with bin Laden in Sudan. "There's numerous contacts between the two," Bush said.

The historical record pretty clearly demonstrates the distortions the administration employed to make the case that Saddam Hussein had WMDs and were league with terrroist. Inspectors who said they didn't exist were ignored, false stories about aluminum tubes and yellowcake from Africa were peddled assertively, Iraqi defectors that were known liars were used as anonymous sources alleging Saddam’s WMD development and meetings with Al Qaeda.

Last edited:

The nation elected a black man with no experience but he talked nice, sent a tingle down some folks leg.

Last edited:
Bush 41 tricked Saddam into invading Kuwait. Link

Bush 43 tricked America into invading Iraq. Link

lol

got your ass handed to you in the other thread so you start a new thread in the hopes people won't see your ass kicking

troll

btw.....YOU started the thread, it is up to YOU to provide links. you did not, because you are a liar.

I really don't mind being called a liar by someone who is too dumb to know such a basic fact.

[ame=[MEDIA=youtube]YPJCPcYCupY[/MEDIA] LIES - Bush Cheney Rumsfeld - THE ULTIMATE CLIP (Edited) - YouTube[/ame]

I watched the entire video and nowhere in that video did you show that Bush lied about Saddam an 9/11. In fact your video shows that Bush said Saddam was not involved in 9/11. Did you even watch the video before posting it?

Bush had trouble putting together two coherent sentences about anything so he left the explanation of the linkage between 911 and the Saddam to his minions but he did try. "The reason I keep insisting that there was a relationship between Iraq and Saddam and al Qaeda: because there was a relationship between Iraq and al Qaeda," Bush said after a Cabinet meeting. As evidence, he cited Iraqi intelligence officers' meeting with bin Laden in Sudan. "There's numerous contacts between the two," Bush said.

The historical record pretty clearly demonstrates the distortions the administration employed to make the case that Saddam Hussein had WMDs. Inspectors who said they didn't exist were ignored, false stories about aluminum tubes and yellowcake from Africa were peddled assertively, Iraqi defectors that were known liars were used as anonymous sources alleging Saddam’s WMD development, etc.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The United States secretly shipped out of Iraq more than 500 tons of low-grade uranium dating back to the Saddam Hussein era, the Pentagon said Monday.

corner_wire_BL.gif

The U.S. military spent $70 million ensuring the safe transportation of 550 metric tons of the uranium from Iraq to Canada, said Pentagon spokesman Brian Whitman.

The shipment, which until recently was kept secret, involved a U.S. truck convoy, 37 cargo flights out of Baghdad to a transitional location, and then a transoceanic voyage on board a U.S.-government-owned ship designed to carry troops to a war zone, he said.

The "yellowcake" uranium transfer was requested by the Iraqi government at the encouragement of the U.S. government, Whitman said.

500 tons of uranium shipped from Iraq Pentagon says - CNN.com

Bush 41 tricked Saddam into invading Kuwait. Link

Bush 43 tricked America into invading Iraq. Link

How exactly did he trick the war hawk Hillary? She should have had insider information? And how about all the other senior Democrats that supported the war? Is GWB really that much smarter then they?

But enough about your feelings.
How about some proof it was unconstitutional?

What do my feelings have to do with anything?

Here you go:

US Constitution: Article I. Section 8. The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States

That is the authorized power. There is no other authorized power for the military. None.

Do you understand the phrase "enumerated powers" and how that applies to the Constitution?

You don't think an argument could be made that making sure a region that contains a vast percentage of the oil that is vital to this nation's security is relatively stable is vital to US security?

As I pointed out, Europe and Japan are far more dependent on middle east oil. We actually get most of our oil from the Western Hemisphere, and we tie our own hands there. Fracking is projected to turn us into a net exporter in not even that far down the road, and that doesn't even include Alaska and offshore sources. Those are far better for us to pursue than propping up bad governments.

Fracking?

You see liberals response to that?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-32004-1360609892-4.gif

LOL, that's funny. Clearly I'm not aligned with the liberals. I oppose our military being in the middle east. They are an endless chain of shifting alliances, changing sides and rewriting history. At least Republicans pick a position and stick by it. Now if you could just pick the right position and do that...

But the liberals have no integrity. They aren't on my side. I want to solve the problem and get out, and the solution to that problem is more energy at home. There's plenty, we don't need the middle east.

Drill baby drill, build nuclear power plants, stop wasting money subsidizing wind and solar that are just financial sink holes. Then we don't need their oil, let the Euros deal with their own issues. Then sit back and laugh as they flail and fail.

So who exactly are these "liberals" you are talking about? Gay liberals? Black liberals? Hispanic liberals? Because there are also conservative blacks and Hispanics. That's what happen when you have a coalition party like the Democrats. They have many different opinions because they have factions.

You can't really say that about Republicans. They may have a few minor differences, but they are 90% white and will eventually do as they are told.

lol

troll

The historical record pretty clearly demonstrates the distortions the administration employed to make the case that Saddam Hussein had WMDs. Inspectors who said they didn't exist were ignored, false stories about aluminum tubes and yellowcake from Africa were peddled assertively, Iraqi defectors that were known liars were used as anonymous sources alleging Saddam’s WMD development, etc.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The United States secretly shipped out of Iraq more than 500 tons of low-grade uranium dating back to the Saddam Hussein era, the Pentagon said Monday.

corner_wire_BL.gif

The U.S. military spent $70 million ensuring the safe transportation of 550 metric tons of the uranium from Iraq to Canada, said Pentagon spokesman Brian Whitman.

The shipment, which until recently was kept secret, involved a U.S. truck convoy, 37 cargo flights out of Baghdad to a transitional location, and then a transoceanic voyage on board a U.S.-government-owned ship designed to carry troops to a war zone, he said.

The "yellowcake" uranium transfer was requested by the Iraqi government at the encouragement of the U.S. government, Whitman said.

This old story has been thoroughly debunked. Do you know the history on that yellowcake?

Q: Was it recently revealed that the U.S. found uranium in Iraq after the invasion in 2003?

A: No. Uranium recently shipped from Iraq to Canada was left over from Saddam Hussein’s defunct nuclear weapons program and had been in sealed containers, under guard, since the end of the first Gulf War in 1991. Claims that this material is "vindication" for President Bush’s WMD claims in 2003 are completely false.

Uranium in Iraq

The nation elected a black man with no experience but he talked nice, sent a tingle down some folks leg.
Yeah, so? The point is that there are plenty of Americans who "give a fuck what a Liberal thinks."

lol

troll

corner_wire_BL.gif

This old story has been thoroughly debunked. Do you know the history on that yellowcake?

Q: Was it recently revealed that the U.S. found uranium in Iraq after the invasion in 2003?

A: No. Uranium recently shipped from Iraq to Canada was left over from Saddam Hussein’s defunct nuclear weapons program and had been in sealed containers, under guard, since the end of the first Gulf War in 1991. Claims that this material is "vindication" for President Bush’s WMD claims in 2003 are completely false.

Uranium in Iraq

Hey stupid, nuclear weapons aren't the only WMD you know.

Iraq had quite the stockpile of chemical weapons. In fact Saddam used them, on his own people - SEVERAL times.

lol

troll

corner_wire_BL.gif

It was not enriched and could not be used without first going through a complicated enrichment process. It was of no threat to US, but because of the unstable nature of Iraq, the United States and the Iraqi government decided it should be moved out of that country. This pretty well shoots down the claim that Saddam was trying to buy yellow cake uranium from Africa.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back