Why did Bush lie about Saddam being connected to 9/11?

I consider this to be Bush's biggest lie about Iraq and Saddam.

Rightwingers like to distract from the event that Bush tried to link Saddam to - 9/11. Even the dumbest of rightwingers should now be convinced that Saddam HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH 9/11. However, if any of them still think so - please provide credible proof.

I heard and saw Bush live on TV when he first tried to make this link. If there are any doubters - just Google "bush links saddam to 9/11"...
What radical Islamist piece of shit faggot dictator was not "linked to 9/11". The only error Bush made was leaving some of them alive.
Perhaps being as brave as you are you can travel to the middle east and finish the job? outside the billion dollar fortified green zone that Bush built in Baghdad. text me when you're there.
My plan would be not to travel there. My plan would be to launch from here.

Rightwingers like to distract from the event that Bush tried to link Saddam to - 9/11. Even the dumbest of rightwingers should now be convinced that Saddam HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH 9/11. However, if any of them still think so - please provide credible proof.
I heard and saw Bush live on TV when he first tried to make this link. If there are any doubters - just Google "bush links saddam to 9/11"...
What radical Islamist piece of shit faggot dictator was not "linked to 9/11". The only error Bush made was leaving some of them alive.
Perhaps being as brave as you are you can travel to the middle east and finish the job? outside the billion dollar fortified green zone that Bush built in Baghdad.

Perhaps being as brave as you are you can travel to the middle east and finish the job? outside the billion dollar fortified green zone that Bush built in Baghdad. text me when you're there.
Then don't lose your remote control

Stockpiles are irrelevant. It's the ability to make WMDs. If you supported the war for WMDs, you need to man up to it now and say it was the right decision to invade and stop playing political games for your party over your country. If WMDs are the reason, then that reason was valid.
I will keep it simple for you. 1. Bush promised no nation building in 2000 during debates with Al Gore. 2. Under Bush, a billion dollar green zone has been built in Baghdad so that the US "officials" could make unannounced visits to this green zone in a nation they "liberated" and built. if you need a link for either of the two statements, it is not worth my time to argue with you. YouTube George Bush you forgot, and google Baghdad green zone.
YOU ARE RIGHT!!!! Bush campaigned on "NO NATION Building"! And I agreed with him.
Something very very consequential happened on 9/11. Remember that?
Now I just found this page that gives extreme details regarding the Liberation of Iraq... relationships with terrorists, WMDs,etc. If you are an honest person AND think this page and it's voluminous LINKS to facts is wrong... then prove it.
Reasons for War Things you might have forgotten about Iraq.
I believe what these democrats believed before Bush was President.
"deny Iraq the capacity to develop WMD".Bill Clinton,1998
"..most brutal dictators of Century", Biden,1998
"Iraq compliance with Resolution 687 becomes shell game"..Daschle 1998
"He will use those WMDs again,as he has ten times since 1983" ..Berger Clinton Ntl. Secur. Advr 1998
"posed by Iraq's refusal to end its WMD programs"Levin 1998
"Saddam has been engaged in development of WMDs which is a threat.."Pelosi 1998
"Hussein has chosen to spend his money on building WMDs.."Albright 1999
"Saddam to refine delivery systems, that will threaten the US..."Graham 2001

I believe Saddam HAD WMDs or why else would he NOT certify that Iraq's WMDs were destroyed thus saving 500,000 children from starving.
In five years 576,000 children starved BECAUSE SADDAM refused to certify WMD destruction!
Iraq Sanctions Kill Children U.N. Reports - New York Times
Now any reasonable compassionate intelligent person would NOT believe a leader as Saddam did by refusing to certify WMDs were destroyed would let 576,000 children starve. It didn't make any sense unless he DID have WMDs and wanted to keep them!

So wouldn't you if you were in Saddam's shoes CERTIFY that WMDs were destroyed...if it meant children not starving?

The evidence is clear - Bush lied.

That video STILL doesn't show Bush claiming Iraq was behind 9/11.

LyingDumbassBear, did I claim that Bush said "Iraq was behind 9/11"? Answer: No, I didn't - nor does my OP say that. Bush linked Saddam to 9/11 - as the video proves.

Truth Shadam was linked to Al Qaeda.
Truth Al Qaeda was linked to 9/11.
Therefore Truth Shadam was linked to 9/11.
Where is the fucking problem?

Saddam was not linked to al Qaeda.

Hussein's Iraq and al Qaeda not linked Pentagon says - CNN.com

Then don't lose your remote control
What's your plan, GERTRUDE? By the way...you ever find out who shot down da plain?

LyingDumbassBear, did I claim that Bush said "Iraq was behind 9/11"? Answer: No, I didn't - nor does my OP say that. Bush linked Saddam to 9/11 - as the video proves.

We need Bubba to define "linked".

Remember... All Saddam need to to keep 576,000 children from starving was simply "certify that all Iraq's WMDs were destroyed". That doesn't seem to complicated so why didn't he certify this and keep from 576,000 children from starving.
Oh and one more minor point. If Saddam was not removed in 2003, 1,267,200 children would have starved by now as Saddam would not have
certified his WMDs were destroyed. After all what would another 1.2 million starved children mean to him?

Like it or not Bush never made that statement. Certainly he did imply the connection but it could be because of the thought that all terrorists are connected. After all Saddam was paying suicide bombers families. As for attacking the US, Saddam certainly did by firing on our planes in the no fly zone. He also caused ecological disaster as his troops left Kuwait. Here is and article that is not favorable to Bush but does state he never outright made the claim. Bush Says Saddam Hussein Was Not Connected to 9 11

What you and you left wing zealots need to think about is how you are going to hold your nose the next presidential election. After all are you going to use vice grips or just you finger an thumb? How else can you vote for Hillary who said almost everything Bush said and if anyone should have known it was Hillary that there was no connection and she said NOTHING. Now are you folks going to award the war hawk Clinton with a nomination and stay two faced?

Al Qaeda-Hussein Link Is Dismissed

The Sept. 11 commission reported yesterday that it has found no "collaborative relationship" between Iraq and al Qaeda, challenging one of the Bush administration's main justifications for the war in Iraq.

Along with the contention that Saddam Hussein was stockpiling weapons of mass destruction, President Bush, Vice President Cheney and other top administration officials have often asserted that there were extensive ties between Hussein's government and Osama bin Laden's terrorist network; earlier this year, Cheney said evidence of a link was "overwhelming."

But the report of the commission's staff, based on its access to all relevant classified information, said that there had been contacts between Iraq and al Qaeda but no cooperation. In yesterday's hearing of the panel, formally known as the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States, a senior FBI official and a senior CIA analyst concurred with the finding.

The staff report said that bin Laden "explored possible cooperation with Iraq" while in Sudan through 1996, but that "Iraq apparently never responded" to a bin Laden request for help in 1994. The commission cited reports of contacts between Iraq and al Qaeda after bin Laden went to Afghanistan in 1996, adding, "but they do not appear to have resulted in a collaborative relationship. Two senior bin Laden associates have adamantly denied that any ties existed between al Qaeda and Iraq. We have no credible evidence that Iraq and al Qaeda cooperated on attacks against the United States."

More: Al Qaeda-Hussein Link Is Dismissed - WashingtonPost.com

That should be clear enough for everyone to understand.

Do you also want to know what the meaning of "is" is? Linked - as in a connection to Osama bin Laden and/or 9/11. Surely even you can comprehend the video.

lol

got your ass handed to you in the other thread so you start a new thread in the hopes people won't see your ass kicking

troll

btw.....YOU started the thread, it is up to YOU to provide links. you did not, because you are a liar.
Bush Defends Assertions of Iraq-Al Qaeda Relationship washingtonpost.com

CNN.com - Bush stands by al Qaeda Saddam link - Jun 15 2004

Do people that post on this forum know how to use "Google"? Seems like everyone knows how to use it except Republicans. Why? They really aren't that smart? They are in denial? What is the reason?

hey retard, the claim was that bush linked saddam to 9/11....even the links you gave have bush saying there was no link between saddam and 9/11.

good lord you are fucking stupid and dishonest.

Do you also want to know what the meaning of "is" is? Linked - as in a connection to Osama bin Laden and/or 9/11. Surely even you can comprehend the video.

you're a damn liar:

The panel's staff reported on Wednesday that there were contacts between Iraq and al Qaeda, "but they do not appear to have resulted in a collaborative relationship."

In challenging the commission's finding, Bush and his aides argued that their previous assertions about the ties between Iraq and the terrorist organization were justified by the contacts that occurred.

"This administration never said that the 9/11 attacks were orchestrated between Saddam and al Qaeda," Bush said. "We did say there were numerous contacts between Saddam Hussein and al Qaeda."

Did President Bush Link Saddam Hussein to 9/11?

Bush, in his speeches, did not say directly that Hussein was culpable in the Sept. 11 attacks. But he frequently juxtaposed Iraq and al Qaeda in ways that hinted at a link. In a March speech about Iraq’s “weapons of terror,” Bush said: “If the world fails to confront the threat posed by the Iraqi regime, refusing to use force, even as a last resort, free nations would assume immense and unacceptable risks. The attacks of September the 11th, 2001, showed what the enemies of America did with four airplanes. We will not wait to see what terrorists or terrorist states could do with weapons of mass destruction.”

Then, in declaring the end of major combat in Iraq on May 1, Bush linked Iraq and the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks: “The battle of Iraq is one victory in a war on terror that began on September the 11, 2001 — and still goes on. That terrible morning, 19 evil men — the shock troops of a hateful ideology — gave America and the civilized world a glimpse of their ambitions.”

Moments later, Bush added: “The liberation of Iraq is a crucial advance in the campaign against terror. We’ve removed an ally of al Qaeda, and cut off a source of terrorist funding. And this much is certain: No terrorist network will gain weapons of mass destruction from the Iraqi regime, because the regime is no more. In these 19 months that changed the world, our actions have been focused and deliberate and proportionate to the offense. We have not forgotten the victims of September the 11th — the last phone calls, the cold murder of children, the searches in the rubble. With those attacks, the terrorists and their supporters declared war on the United States. And war is what they got.”

More: Did President Bush Link Saddam Hussein to 9/11?

Yes, Bush clearly linked Saddam Hussein to 9/11 - and then later claimed he didn't.

Is it linked or now is it collaboration? You're almost as shifty as Foo.

Did President Bush Link Saddam Hussein to 9/11?

Bush, in his speeches, did not say directly that Hussein was culpable in the Sept. 11 attacks. But he frequently juxtaposed Iraq and al Qaeda in ways that hinted at a link. In a March speech about Iraq’s “weapons of terror,” Bush said: “If the world fails to confront the threat posed by the Iraqi regime, refusing to use force, even as a last resort, free nations would assume immense and unacceptable risks. The attacks of September the 11th, 2001, showed what the enemies of America did with four airplanes. We will not wait to see what terrorists or terrorist states could do with weapons of mass destruction.”

Then, in declaring the end of major combat in Iraq on May 1, Bush linked Iraq and the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks: “The battle of Iraq is one victory in a war on terror that began on September the 11, 2001 — and still goes on. That terrible morning, 19 evil men — the shock troops of a hateful ideology — gave America and the civilized world a glimpse of their ambitions.”

Moments later, Bush added: “The liberation of Iraq is a crucial advance in the campaign against terror. We’ve removed an ally of al Qaeda, and cut off a source of terrorist funding. And this much is certain: No terrorist network will gain weapons of mass destruction from the Iraqi regime, because the regime is no more. In these 19 months that changed the world, our actions have been focused and deliberate and proportionate to the offense. We have not forgotten the victims of September the 11th — the last phone calls, the cold murder of children, the searches in the rubble. With those attacks, the terrorists and their supporters declared war on the United States. And war is what they got.”

More: Did President Bush Link Saddam Hussein to 9/11?

Yes, Bush clearly linked Saddam Hussein to 9/11 - and then later claimed he didn't.
A link doesn't have to be called a link as long as it's a link, so you can call it a link.

Saddam Hussein and Al Qaeda Are Not Allies

As the Bush administration works to strengthen support for a war against Iraq, it is sowing a dangerous confusion about the relationship between Al Qaeda and the regime of Saddam Hussein. Arguing, as the president did last week, that the two are ''equally as bad, equally as evil and equally as destructive'' -- and that ''you can't distinguish between Al Qaeda and Saddam when you talk about the war on terror'' -- reinforces widely held misunderstandings about the extraordinary danger of the new religious terrorism.

Much More: Saddam Hussein and Al Qaeda Are Not Allies - The New York Times

lol

got your ass handed to you in the other thread so you start a new thread in the hopes people won't see your ass kicking

troll

btw.....YOU started the thread, it is up to YOU to provide links. you did not, because you are a liar.

I really don't mind being called a liar by someone who is too dumb to know such a basic fact.

[ame=[MEDIA=youtube]YPJCPcYCupY[/MEDIA] LIES - Bush Cheney Rumsfeld - THE ULTIMATE CLIP (Edited) - YouTube[/ame]
WOW good link.

Stockpiles are irrelevant. It's the ability to make WMDs. If you supported the war for WMDs, you need to man up to it now and say it was the right decision to invade and stop playing political games for your party over your country. If WMDs are the reason, then that reason was valid.
Sure, just because the administration invaded over stockpiles of WMDs, what relevance can that have?

"Iraq has stockpiled biological and chemical weapons, and is rebuilding the facilities used to make more of those weapons." ~ President Bush, 9.12.2002

"His regime has large, unaccounted for stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, including VX, sarin, mustard gas, anthrax, botulism and possibly smallpox. And he has an active program to acquire and develop nuclear weapons." ~ Defense Secretary Rumsfeld, 1.20.2003

"Now, look, I -- part of the reason we went into Iraq -- was -- the main reason we went into Iraq -- at the time was we thought he had weapons of mass destruction. It turns out he didn't, but he had the capacity to make weapons of mass destruction. ~ President Bush, 8.21.2006

"It appears that there were not weapons of mass destruction there." ~ Defense Secretary Rumsfeld, 5.4.2006

Bush, in his speeches, did not say directly that Hussein was culpable in the Sept. 11 attacks.
^^^
The truth

But he frequently juxtaposed Iraq and al Qaeda in ways that hinted at a link.
^^^
Inference and supposition.

/thread

Forum List

Back