Why did Bush lie about Saddam being connected to 9/11?

Why did Clinton lie and tell us saddam (liberal hero now) had WMDs?
Oh look... partisan bigotry and intellectual dishonesty. Who would have guessed.
If the war was illegal why did Hillary vote for it?

The notion of an "illegal war" is preposterous.

The law is in fact quite clear, the President is empowered to send US troops wherever he deems necessary for 60 days (plus another 30 to withdraw from the theater) without Congressional approval.

If Congress approves, soldiers can be kept somewhere indefinitely with or without a declaration of war.

The same holds true for Obama by the way.

That doesn't make it Constitutional. I agree 100% with this statement

The ONLY people who have claimed it was an illegal invasion is the UN. And frankly who gives a fuck about the UN, they have no authority over the US.

However, an Unconsitutional war is an illegal war, and that standard does matter. The Constituiton is an enumerated document. The Federal government has only those powers that are enumerated. And the only enumerated power of the military is "defense" of the United States.

Policeman to the world is not defense of the United States. The founders got it right.

Certainly right, but I think a clear case can be made that destroying ISIL over there is in the best interest of our national defense.

The founders themselves practiced this my friend, the so called Barbary Wars were undeclared wars fIought halfway around the world. Starting in 1801

I didn't say anything about "declared" wars, I only addressed that the war needs to be for defense.

Fighting ISIL only matters because our military is where it should not be, we should leave the middle east entirely and focus on fracking and energy exploration domestically. And there's plenty of energy here.

We have no business being in the middle east, and one wrong doesn't make another. Let's fix it by bringing our troops home. Then if they attack us, we'll blast the crap out of them, if they leave us alone, we leave them alone. The biggest beneficiaries of our meddling int he middle east are the Europeans, the Japanese and despotic dictators in the Middle East. As for the Europeans and Japanese, let them deal with their own problems.

I actually agree with you, BUT the fact that is not our foreign policy doesn't make it illegal.

I consider this to be Bush's biggest lie about Iraq and Saddam.

Rightwingers like to distract from the event that Bush tried to link Saddam to - 9/11. Even the dumbest of rightwingers should now be convinced that Saddam HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH 9/11. However, if any of them still think so - please provide credible proof.

I heard and saw Bush live on TV when he first tried to make this link. If there are any doubters - just Google "bush links saddam to 9/11"...

Bush said Obama had WMDs , he said nothing about them being involved with 9/11. Liekhota lies again.

What WMDs did "Obama" have?

Oh no you don't Liekhota, you don't get to change the topic now. First you must answer for your lies about Bush claiming Saddam was involved in 9/11.

Admit you lied there, and then we can move on.

Why did you say "Bush said Obama had WMDs"? Can you prove that statement?

Rightwingers like to distract from the event that Bush tried to link Saddam to - 9/11. Even the dumbest of rightwingers should now be convinced that Saddam HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH 9/11. However, if any of them still think so - please provide credible proof.

I heard and saw Bush live on TV when he first tried to make this link. If there are any doubters - just Google "bush links saddam to 9/11"...

Bush said Obama had WMDs , he said nothing about them being involved with 9/11. Liekhota lies again.

Oh no you don't Liekhota, you don't get to change the topic now. First you must answer for your lies about Bush claiming Saddam was involved in 9/11.

Excuse my typo.
The fact remains, YOU LIED in this thread, again.

Because telling the truth wouldn't have garnered support for his illegal war.
Oh look... partisan bigotry and intellectual dishonesty. Who would have guessed.
If the war was illegal why did Hillary vote for it?

The notion of an "illegal war" is preposterous.

The law is in fact quite clear, the President is empowered to send US troops wherever he deems necessary for 60 days (plus another 30 to withdraw from the theater) without Congressional approval.

If Congress approves, soldiers can be kept somewhere indefinitely with or without a declaration of war.

The same holds true for Obama by the way.

That doesn't make it Constitutional. I agree 100% with this statement

The ONLY people who have claimed it was an illegal invasion is the UN. And frankly who gives a fuck about the UN, they have no authority over the US.

However, an Unconsitutional war is an illegal war, and that standard does matter. The Constituiton is an enumerated document. The Federal government has only those powers that are enumerated. And the only enumerated power of the military is "defense" of the United States.

Policeman to the world is not defense of the United States. The founders got it right.
Defense of the US is a changing concept. Just because the Chinese arent storming over the Mexican border does not mean they are not a threat.
The wars were legal. Congress and the Chief Executive have wide latitude in deciding on military action. No court has ever ruled a war unconstitutional.

The courts also didn't find taking land from one citizen and giving it to another who would pay more in taxes, congress regulating speech heading into elections, the IRS conducting subpenaless searches and putting the burden of proof on the accused, the department of justice regulating financial transactions in the war on drugs or Obamacare Unconstitutional either.

Yeah, that's reassuring, not.

"Why did Bush lie about Saddam being connected to 9/11?"

Illegal? WTF are you whining about now?

The war was Unconstitutional. The only authority for war is defense of the United States. Most of our wars now are Unconstitutional.

Now if you're referring to the international community, that I am with you and don't give a crap about them

The war was Unconstitutional.

How do you figure that?

Well, I did immediately follow the statement with the answer to your question, which you cut.

But enough about your feelings.
How about some proof it was unconstitutional?

Can you prove the title of your thread? W never said that. You're a ... wait for it ... L-I-A-R. I"m saying you have no dick, you're a bitch and a useless one.

Back up your claim. You can't, you're ignoring me because you are a liar.

Can you prove the title of your thread? W never said that. You're a ... wait for it ... L-I-A-R. I"m saying you have no dick, you're a bitch and a useless one.

Back up your claim. You can't, you're ignoring me because you are a liar.

That's Liekhota's tactic. Say something stupid and a lie then ignore the person who proves he's a liar.

The war was Unconstitutional. The only authority for war is defense of the United States. Most of our wars now are Unconstitutional.

Now if you're referring to the international community, that I am with you and don't give a crap about them

How do you figure that?

Well, I did immediately follow the statement with the answer to your question, which you cut.

What do my feelings have to do with anything?

Here you go:

US Constitution: Article I. Section 8. The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States

That is the authorized power. There is no other authorized power for the military. None.

Do you understand the phrase "enumerated powers" and how that applies to the Constitution?

How do you figure that?

Here you go:

US Constitution: Article I. Section 8. The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States

That is the authorized power. There is no other authorized power for the military. None.

Do you understand the phrase "enumerated powers" and how that applies to the Constitution?

You don't think an argument could be made that making sure a region that contains a vast percentage of the oil that is vital to this nation's security is relatively stable is vital to US security?

How do you figure that?

Here you go:

Nothing. That's why your original claim was so unconvincing.

There is no other authorized power for the military. None.

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

That's exactly right. There is plenty of evidence that Bush planned to invade Iraq well before 9/11. The Downing Street Memo clearly speaks to that.

The Downing Street Memo
We know for a fact that Saddam had no WMDs.

We know for a fact that Saddam posed no threat to his people and neighbors.

And we know for a fact that Saddam was in no way involved in 9/11.

Given these facts, the only reasonable conclusion is that the illegal, unwarranted invasion of Iraq in March of 2003 was undoubtedly motivated by a desire to expand American power and influence in a volatile, oil-rich part of the world.

Given these facts, the only reasonable conclusion....
...to a partisan bigot....
is that the illegal, unwarranted invasion of Iraq in March of 2003 was undoubtedly motivated by a desire to expand American power and influence in a volatile, oil-rich part of the world.
:dunno:

That's exactly right. There is plenty of evidence that Bush planned to invade Iraq well before 9/11. The Downing Street Memo clearly speaks to that.

The Downing Street Memo

Given these facts, the only reasonable conclusion is that the illegal, unwarranted invasion of Iraq in March of 2003 was undoubtedly motivated by a desire to expand American power and influence in a volatile, oil-rich part of the world.

What we know for a fact is that you are a partisan moron.
He
Isis seizes former chemical weapons plant in Iraq World news theguardian.com

Saadam absolutely, positively had WMDs.

Whether he was a threat to us or not, is a question, but he DID have them

As for being a threat to his people. LOL He killed his own people by the thousands. in fact your liberal buddies are in another thread right now declaring that he scared the shit out of his own people and forced them to toe the line.

Not to mention the deplorable way women were abused under his regime.

As for 9/11. I personally find it hard to believe that Saddam wasn't funneling money to AQ and other terrorist groups in exchange for their help in keeping him in power. Yet, I claim no evidence of this. Unlike you, when I say something is a fact, it is a FACT.

He relied on poor intel - unlike the current asshole in the whitehouse Bush took the blame for this . Obama is simply passing the Buck for his poor intel. Truman had a plaque on his desk that read ...... The Buck Stops Here ... Capice ?

Come on detractors! Bush LIED idiots! Tell me these people DIDN"T lie then???
"..deny Iraq the capacity to develop WMD".Bill Clinton,1998
"..most brutal dictators of Century", Biden,1998
"Iraq compliance with Resolution 687 becomes shell game"..Daschle 1998
"He will use those WMDs again,as he has ten times since 1983" ..Berger Clinton Ntl. Secur. Advr 1998
"posed by Iraq's refusal to end its WMD programs" Levin 1998
"Saddam has been engaged in development of WMDs which is a threat.."Pelosi 1998 WHERE'D SHE GET THIS INFORMATION BEFORE BUSH?
"Hussein has chosen to spend his money on building WMDS.."Albright 1999
"Saddam to refine delivery systems, that will threaten the US..."Graham 2001
"Saddam has ignored the mandate of the UN and is building WMDs and the means to deliver.." Levin 2002
"Iraq's search for WMDs ...will continue as long as Saddam's in power"..Gore 2002
"Saddam retains stockpiles of WMDS.."Byrd 2002
"..give President authority to use force..to disarm Saddam because an arsenal of WMDs..threat our security"..Kerry 2002
"..Unmistakable evidence Saddam developing nuclear weapons next 5 years.."Rockefeller 2002
"Violated over 11 years every UN resolution demanding disarming WMDs.."Waxman 2002
"He's given aid,comfort & sanctuary to al Qaeda members..and keep developing WMDs"..Hillary 2002
"Compelling evidence Saddam has WMDs production storage capacity.." Graham 2002
"Without a question, we need to disarm Saddam. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime .... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction .... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real ...."Kerry , Jan. 23. 2003.

WHAT is your answer idiots???

It just goes in one ear and out the other - that's how libtards are programmed . They will always Ignore the facts that refute their opinions .....

LOL. I guess the liberals are utterly ruined, since Bush was not charged with war crimes.

They can avoid the issue, or come up with some bullshit, like obama wanting to move past it for the sake of the nation, like what Ford did when he did not charge Nixon.

Yeah, so....their logic (get this people) is that the mass war crimes and genocide (deliberately lying and bringing a nation to war is a crime too) was as bad as Nixon spying on 5 democrats.

The UN has not charged him either.

Poor little liberals.

How do you figure that?

Here you go:

You don't think an argument could be made that making sure a region that contains a vast percentage of the oil that is vital to this nation's security is relatively stable is vital to US security?

As I pointed out, Europe and Japan are far more dependent on middle east oil. We actually get most of our oil from the Western Hemisphere, and we tie our own hands there. Fracking is projected to turn us into a net exporter in not even that far down the road, and that doesn't even include Alaska and offshore sources. Those are far better for us to pursue than propping up bad governments.

lol

got your ass handed to you in the other thread so you start a new thread in the hopes people won't see your ass kicking

troll

btw.....YOU started the thread, it is up to YOU to provide links. you did not, because you are a liar.
Bush Defends Assertions of Iraq-Al Qaeda Relationship washingtonpost.com

CNN.com - Bush stands by al Qaeda Saddam link - Jun 15 2004

Do people that post on this forum know how to use "Google"? Seems like everyone knows how to use it except Republicans. Why? They really aren't that smart? They are in denial? What is the reason?

Forum List

Back