Why did God create evil?

The simple answer is that God didn't create evil.

Everything God created is good.

Evil is not extant. Evil doesn't exist in and of itself.

Evil is the absence of good, just as cold is the absence of heat, and darkness is the absence of light.

The answer to that is in Genisis. God diddnt create evil. God created free choice.
But for someone to choose evil, evil had to have already existed for it to even be a choice, so who made evil and put it there?

"God diddnt create evil."

It's really simple. If God did not create evil, he is not all powerful.

If she is Incredible Hulk Omniscient. He would have saw evil coming at her.

Dim bulb this one is.
Bingo. How are U?

Cain and Able. Read that and you will get it. Likely, you don’t, but you will continue to be stupid about it.

Evil is the absence of good, just as cold is the absence of heat, and darkness is the absence of light.

The answer to that is in Genisis. God diddnt create evil. God created free choice.
But for someone to choose evil, evil had to have already existed for it to even be a choice, so who made evil and put it there?

If what God did through sheer omnipotence defeated his purpose than it wouldn’t be a sign of power. It would be a sign of weakness.
And.....
And it explains how you are wrong when you claim God is not all powerful if he did not create evil.

God can't go against his nature. He can't oppose himself. It is silly to say that something which makes God stronger is a sign of weakness.

Evil is not extant. Evil is the absence of good. Everything that was created is good. 14 billion years ago God created existence. How can that be bad?

Dim bulb this one is.
Bingo. How are U?

Let me ask you this... where did you get the expectation that everything has to be perfect for there to be a creator?

Dim bulb this one is.
Bingo. How are U?

Cain and Able. Read that and you will get it. Likely, you don’t, but you will continue to be stupid about it.

I read Cain Able years ago. You surmised that I did not . And concluded all kinds of Nasty, Snarky kinds of thinks about me. And called me Stupid.

Good Day, Friend.

To refresh your short memory, I said that God did create evil (in a way) when he gave Man 'free will'.
Now, please move on, no need to keep asking the same question over and over
Ok, so god created evil. FINALLY!!! So my actual question is WHY did god create evil? God could have created a universe without evil, yet it didn't, WHY?
For the Love of Man, Taz Simplely put
What does that even mean? Anything?
Something that you could never understand, Taz.
Also, God INDIRECTLY created evil. As long as we're not talking about the fallen angel.
I believe that evil is the absence of good like darkness is the absence of light and cold is the absence of heat. So therefore everything God created is good. Our perception of evil is in reality our perception of the absence of good.

Confirmation can be found in the fact that we don't see people doing "evil" for the sake of "evil." People do "evil" for the sake of their own good. When people do "evil" things they usually rationalize that they aren't doing "evil" things. Man prefers good over "evil" so much that when he violates it, rather than abandoning the concept, he rationalizes that he didn't violate it. You don't ever see anyone walking around celebrating their evil acts.

Dim bulb this one is.
Bingo. How are U?

I read Cain Able years ago. You surmised that I did not . And concluded all kinds of Nasty, Snarky kinds of thinks about me. And called me Stupid.

Good Day, Friend.

I surmised you had not because you kept at a simple question any pre-schooler could answer. Had you read it as you said you would know that evil always was. Evil was a choice humans made.

Dim bulb this one is.
Bingo. How are U?

Good Day, Friend.

I surmised you had not because you kept at a simple question any pre-schooler could answer. Had you read it as you said you would know that evil always was. Evil was a choice humans made.
No and funny. Evil was not a human choice. It was preordained. Read your bible.

Dim bulb this one is.
Bingo. How are U?

Good Day, Friend.

No it was not and you can’t back that from any scripture. Going by that book, I say book but mean Genisis there was nothing, then there was everything. God did not create good and evil. Good and evil began when humans started making choices. They mad GOOD choices and they made BAD choices. Predestination is another take on salvation invented by Christians nothing more.

Dim bulb this one is.
Bingo. How are U?

Good Day, Friend.

Have you ever seen anyone celebrating evil?

Bingo. How are U?

Good Day, Friend.

Yes. And it is not a pretty sight.

Stop acting like you have all the answers. You don't. I don't.

Good Day, Friend.

Yes. And it is not a pretty sight.

Stop acting like you have all the answers. You don't. I don't.
I don’t claim to have all the answers. I have my beliefs.

Are you sure they were celebrating evil though?

So now you're saying that god made evil? Good for you. Now I want to know why?
So instead of a genuine discussion you choose to confirm your bias by building straw men of your belief of what you believe we should believe, rather than what we actually believe.
Either god mad everything in the universe or it didn't. Which is it?
That’s a false choice. God created existence. It’s up to you how you play the hand you were dealt.
Did god make everything in the universe, yes or no?
I answered you. God created existence. What you make of it is up to you.

Your logic is massively flawed. You are not espousing your beliefs. You don’t believe God created anything. You don’t believe God exists.

So you create a false argument over what you want me to believe and defend. That’s idiotic.

To make matters worse you conflate birth defects with evil. You might as well be blaming God for male pattern baldness.

You aren’t a very good troll.
I'm agnostic so I don't know if a god exists or not, and I'm trying to make sense of yours, and I can't because god created the universe and everything in it. Like birth defects and cancer, why are they herein this universe, for what purpose?

If what God did through sheer omnipotence defeated his purpose than it wouldn’t be a sign of power. It would be a sign of weakness.
And.....
And it explains how you are wrong when you claim God is not all powerful if he did not create evil.

God can't go against his nature. He can't oppose himself. It is silly to say that something which makes God stronger is a sign of weakness.

Evil is not extant. Evil is the absence of good. Everything that was created is good. 14 billion years ago God created existence. How can that be bad?
How do you know that god can't go against his nature? How do you know that god didn't created bad things on purpose?

Men lusting after and raping little children is evil, and it exists their whole life and is a part of their personality, so extant. Now what I want to know is WHY did god put such an evil thing in this world?

Dim bulb this one is.
Bingo. How are U?

Let me ask you this... where did you get the expectation that everything has to be perfect for there to be a creator?
That's not the point, the is WHY did god put so much evil in this universe? For what purpose? Surely god must have a reason. So stop moving the goalposts.

To refresh your short memory, I said that God did create evil (in a way) when he gave Man 'free will'.
Now, please move on, no need to keep asking the same question over and over
Ok, so god created evil. FINALLY!!! So my actual question is WHY did god create evil? God could have created a universe without evil, yet it didn't, WHY?
For the Love of Man, Taz Simplely put
What does that even mean? Anything?
Something that you could never understand, Taz.
Also, God INDIRECTLY created evil. As long as we're not talking about the fallen angel.
I believe that evil is the absence of good like darkness is the absence of light and cold is the absence of heat. So therefore everything God created is good. Our perception of evil is in reality our perception of the absence of good.

Confirmation can be found in the fact that we don't see people doing "evil" for the sake of "evil." People do "evil" for the sake of their own good. When people do "evil" things they usually rationalize that they aren't doing "evil" things. Man prefers good over "evil" so much that when he violates it, rather than abandoning the concept, he rationalizes that he didn't violate it. You don't ever see anyone walking around celebrating their evil acts.
Be quiet, grown-ups are trying to talk.

And.....

How do you know that god can't go against his nature? How do you know that god didn't created bad things on purpose?

Men lusting after and raping little children is evil, and it exists their whole life and is a part of their personality, so extant. Now what I want to know is WHY did god put such an evil thing in this world?

See here? This is the same thinking as the other guy who simply needed to pick up the book and read like three pages and you would see. Look, God did not creat child molesters. He did not sit there and say “and on day 4 I’ll make a kid screw-in Catholic Priest, and on day 5 a hitler”, and so on. Evil was not created with people in the Bible. Evil came to be AFTER they “Adam and Eve” ate the fruit. I’m not a bible scholar, but it’s still pretty clear.

So instead of a genuine discussion you choose to confirm your bias by building straw men of your belief of what you believe we should believe, rather than what we actually believe.
That’s a false choice. God created existence. It’s up to you how you play the hand you were dealt.

Your logic is massively flawed. You are not espousing your beliefs. You don’t believe God created anything. You don’t believe God exists.

So you create a false argument over what you want me to believe and defend. That’s idiotic.

To make matters worse you conflate birth defects with evil. You might as well be blaming God for male pattern baldness.

I'm agnostic so I don't know if a god exists or not, and I'm trying to make sense of yours, and I can't because god created the universe and everything in it. Like birth defects and cancer, why are they herein this universe, for what purpose?
That's horseshit. If you were trying to make sense of my understanding of God you wouldn't keep arguing the same old tired straw man which is not my understanding of God.

Ergo your weak attempt at claiming to be agnostic is exactly that... weak.

But putting all that aside it is your firm belief that there is a universal code of common decency that you believe God has violated which is proof that God exists. Otherwise, where would you get this expectation of a universal code of common decency from?

And.....

See here? This is the same thinking as the other guy who simply needed to pick up the book and read like three pages and you would see. Look, God did not creat child molesters. He did not sit there and say “and on day 4 I’ll make a kid screw-in Catholic Priest, and on day 5 a hitler”, and so on. Evil was not created with people in the Bible. Evil came to be AFTER they “Adam and Eve” ate the fruit. I’m not a bible scholar, but it’s still pretty clear.
Then why did god put such a fruit in front of them if it didn't want them to eat it?

That's horseshit. If you were trying to make sense of my understanding of God you wouldn't keep arguing the same old tired straw man which is not my understanding of God.

Ergo your weak attempt at claiming to be agnostic is exactly that... weak.

But putting all that aside it is your firm belief that there is a universal code of common decency that you believe God has violated which is proof that God exists. Otherwise, where would you get this expectation of a universal code of common decency from?
I understand your view of god, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Humans have formulated a common code of decency for a peaceful society. God drowned nearly all of humanity in a flood. So god doesn't have a code of decency, that's why there is evil in this universe. Ya, that makes some sense. What do you think?

And.....

Because the only solution the first cause conundrum is something which is eternal and unchanging. It's the unchanging aspect of the solution which informs my opinion.

That and the fact that God is logical and the supreme standard against which all things are measured.

God didn't put those things into the world. Man did. And since you are a lying militant atheist, you believe damn well believe that man did it because you don't believe God exists so you must believe that man did it.

God created existence. Existence is good. It's what YOU make of it that is crap.

And putting all this aside, it is your expectation that a universal code of conduct exists that proves a universal code of conduct does exist. Why do you think that is?

Forum List

Back