Why did God create evil?

That's horseshit. If you were trying to make sense of my understanding of God you wouldn't keep arguing the same old tired straw man which is not my understanding of God.

Ergo your weak attempt at claiming to be agnostic is exactly that... weak.

But putting all that aside it is your firm belief that there is a universal code of common decency that you believe God has violated which is proof that God exists. Otherwise, where would you get this expectation of a universal code of common decency from?
I understand your view of god, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Humans have formulated a common code of decency for a peaceful society. God drowned nearly all of humanity in a flood. So god doesn't have a code of decency, that's why there is evil in this universe. Ya, that makes some sense. What do you think?
No. You don't understand my view of God.

You only understand what you believe I must believe.

That's a fabulous way to go through life. What could possibly go wrong with treating others that way?
You've made up a sort of fairy godfather who only makes good, whose every action is good, but who doesn't lift a finger to help humanity tackle evil, but that's ok, because god is good. Evil not his fault. God is good. Evil is not his fault...
And you found god in a book, which is the most absurd part about the whole discussion.
Liberals trolls always claim to know what perfect strangers know.
Thanks for not adding anything concrete to this discussion. :blowpop:
He did. He recognized you for what you are.

I'm agnostic so I don't know if a god exists or not, and I'm trying to make sense of yours, and I can't because god created the universe and everything in it. Like birth defects and cancer, why are they herein this universe, for what purpose?
That's horseshit. If you were trying to make sense of my understanding of God you wouldn't keep arguing the same old tired straw man which is not my understanding of God.

But putting all that aside it is your firm belief that there is a universal code of common decency that you believe God has violated which is proof that God exists. Otherwise, where would you get this expectation of a universal code of common decency from?

Humans have formulated a common code of decency for a peaceful society. God drowned nearly all of humanity in a flood. So god doesn't have a code of decency, that's why there is evil in this universe. Ya, that makes some sense. What do you think?

That's a fabulous way to go through life. What could possibly go wrong with treating others that way?
You've made up a sort of fairy godfather who only makes good, whose every action is good, but who doesn't lift a finger to help humanity tackle evil, but that's ok, because god is good. Evil not his fault. God is good. Evil is not his fault...
And you found god in a book, which is the most absurd part about the whole discussion.
No. You are the one who has made up a fairy godfather. You expect God to be godlight.

I understand that we live in a logical universe where cause and effect rule outcomes and from those outcomes we receive feedback and can know right and wrong. And that through difficult challenges good does come from it.

You are dipshit like and don't have a clue about the first thing.
So why are right and wrong subjective, like 9/11, where geography reverses those concepts.

That's not the point, the is WHY did god put so much evil in this universe? For what purpose? Surely god must have a reason. So stop moving the goalposts.
How many times do I need to explain it to you that God didn't put evil into creation? Everything God created is good. That's why you don't see people celebrating bad things.
People all over the world were celebrating 9/11. Please try again.

"Everything God created is good" And you know this how?
Because they thought it was for good. Not evil, dipshit.

They didn't say "yay, for evil."

Can someone please bring me another one? This one is too small.
It's like celebrating Hiroshima and Nagasaki, we knew it was an evil thing to do to civilians, but the Japs weren't having it any other way, and we celebrated our victory. And to this day, documentaries look back on our great achievement with pride. Just like the Nazis who were happy that they were killing so many Jews.
You are literally proving my point. In every single case they believed they were doing the right thing. They didn't say, hey this is an evil thing. Woo hoo.
Um... yes they did, and we still celebrate it today, knowing full well, that civilians were targeted, which we all know to be evil.

No. You are the one who has made up a fairy godfather. You expect God to be godlight.

I understand that we live in a logical universe where cause and effect rule outcomes and from those outcomes we receive feedback and can know right and wrong. And that through difficult challenges good does come from it.

So why are right and wrong subjective, like 9/11, where geography reverses those concepts.
No. Right and wrong are not subjective. Man prefers right over wrong but when he violates it rather than admitting he violated it or abandoning the concept, he rationalizes that he didn't violate it.

From this you can know that man is good and not evil. If man were evil he would say fuck your invisible code of common decency. I love me some evil.

That we do not see.

Then why did god put such a fruit in front of them if it didn't want them to eat it?
It's not virtuous if you are forced to be virtuous, Taz.
So god was playing a game he knew he's win and now humans for the rest of eternity are paying for it. See what I'm saying about not making any sense?
Nope. God created existence.

What happens after that is up to you.
So there really was an Adam and Eve in a Garden of Eden?
Do you even allegory?
So basically the story never happened but was put there to tell us that god is perfect and if this world is shit then it's Adam and Eve's fault, 2 admittedly fictional characters.

How many times do I need to explain it to you that God didn't put evil into creation? Everything God created is good. That's why you don't see people celebrating bad things.
People all over the world were celebrating 9/11. Please try again.

"Everything God created is good" And you know this how?
Because they thought it was for good. Not evil, dipshit.

They didn't say "yay, for evil."

Can someone please bring me another one? This one is too small.
It's like celebrating Hiroshima and Nagasaki, we knew it was an evil thing to do to civilians, but the Japs weren't having it any other way, and we celebrated our victory. And to this day, documentaries look back on our great achievement with pride. Just like the Nazis who were happy that they were killing so many Jews.
You are literally proving my point. In every single case they believed they were doing the right thing. They didn't say, hey this is an evil thing. Woo hoo.
Um... yes they did, and we still celebrate it today, knowing full well, that civilians were targeted, which we all know to be evil.
Again... they aren't celebrating the evilness of it, dipshit. They are celebrating their victory of good over evil.

Same to you troll scum. No one knows why God did anything.

So god was playing a game he knew he's win and now humans for the rest of eternity are paying for it. See what I'm saying about not making any sense?

Do you even allegory?
So basically the story never happened but was put there to tell us that god is perfect and if this world is shit then it's Adam and Eve's fault, 2 admittedly fictional characters.
I didn't say that either. Do you even know how to ask soup questions?

I am not bound to your idiotic interpretation.

No. Right and wrong are not subjective. Man prefers right over wrong but when he violates it rather than admitting he violated it or abandoning the concept, he rationalizes that he didn't violate it.

From this you can know that man is good and not evil. If man were evil he would say fuck your invisible code of common decency. I love me some evil.

That we do not see.
Yes we do. Pedophiles, mass murderers, 9/11 bombers, A-Qaeda, rapists, people like Ted Bundy, the Unibomber, Manson ... all revel in their evil.

Same to you troll scum. No one knows why God did anything.
Tell that to dingbat. Please.

Do you even allegory?

You're only bound to your own idiotic interpretation.

See here? This is the same thinking as the other guy who simply needed to pick up the book and read like three pages and you would see. Look, God did not creat child molesters. He did not sit there and say “and on day 4 I’ll make a kid screw-in Catholic Priest, and on day 5 a hitler”, and so on. Evil was not created with people in the Bible. Evil came to be AFTER they “Adam and Eve” ate the fruit. I’m not a bible scholar, but it’s still pretty clear.
Then why did god put such a fruit in front of them if it didn't want them to eat it?

See you aren’t even serious.

That we do not see.
Yes we do. Pedophiles, mass murderers, 9/11 bombers, A-Qaeda, rapists, people like Ted Bundy, the Unibomber, Manson ... all revel in their evil.
Actually they don't. You ever hear of them saying they did those things because they are evil or love evil?

They do those things for their own good.

Do you even allegory?

That's your opinion, but if that were true you wouldn't keep changing my position so I know that is false.

What does that even mean?

That we do not see.
Actually they don't. You ever hear of them saying they did those things because they are evil or love evil?

You agree with me, you're just trolling now.

Do you even allegory?

That's your opinion, but if that were true you wouldn't keep changing my position so I know that is false.
You found your god in a book of fairy tales/fiction, since you don't believe any of it to be true.

What does that even mean?
It means he sees through you like everyone else here.

That we do not see.

You agree with me, you're just trolling now.
I couldn't disagree with you more.

Right and wrong are not subjective. Man's perception of right and wrong is subjective. Right and wrong just is.

Do you even allegory?

You found your god in a book of fairy tales/fiction, since you don't believe any of it to be true.
No. I found the Spirit of God within me. And the Spirit of God helped me understand.

Your brand of atheism is an intellectual dead end.

Forum List

Back