🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why did melania hate the JFK crabapple trees so much?

I realize it is not of the importance of 200-250K dead ( or the likelihood of more than 2000 perday be election time), and I realize that Michelle was pilloried for vegetable gardening (not in the Rose Garden) but she effecitively changed the Rose Garden from an outside extension of Presiden Kennedy's office to a stage. I just don't get it. I know first ladies are unfairly criticized, and imo Melania has soldiered on in a job she didn't want but …. I just wish she'd have been better counseled. It was JFK's place for contemplation, after all.

Why did she have the trees taken out?

They were beautiful.

The old garden was much better. Full of color. The new one is drab and without feeling.

And trees.

I realize it is not of the importance of 200-250K dead ( or the likelihood of more than 2000 perday be election time), and I realize that Michelle was pilloried for vegetable gardening (not in the Rose Garden) but she effecitively changed the Rose Garden from an outside extension of Presiden Kennedy's office to a stage. I just don't get it. I know first ladies are unfairly criticized, and imo Melania has soldiered on in a job she didn't want but …. I just wish she'd have been better counseled. It was JFK's place for contemplation, after all.

Just curious..... I'll bet you can watch flies fuck on your kitchen counter for 3 or 4 hours.

Melania likes simplicity. Uniform. She is not ecclectic. This is her style

Melania likes simplicity?

1598356728709.jpeg

JFK doesnt need a place for contemplation lol

And..I find the hoopla and hand wringing very ironic. I guess most don't know just how reviled Jackie was by citizens AND the media when she married Onassis 5 years after JFK was gone. They wanted her to mourn him forever, I guess. But now? Jackie was this, Jackie was that, Miss Perfect Jackie.

People were pissed when she married Onassis. How dare she marry a foreigner?

But after RFK was assassinated, she feared for her children’s life and fled the country.

The Kennedys are about as relevant today as interbred Hula Hoops. Once that murdering Commie Teddy finally croaked, the family slipped into gibbering madness.

Extras for the 'Deliverance' remake.

I like how they showed all the lovely tulips and crab-apple blossoms in bloom for the before and the perennials with the blooms gone by for the after.

They should have shown all the bare tulip stalks wilting in the early summer sun instead.
It changes to other flowers when the tulips whither..... as with most gardens, the perennials are timed.

Only if there are other flowers planted but you still have to let the tulip stalk incompletely wither before cutting them back or the tulips will not flower the next spring and it isn't much to look at.

Seems you know as much about gardening as you do everything else which is not much
That rose garden of hers wont be prettily in bloom all year either, so whats your point?

I see I still have to explain the obvious to you.

The comparison was the before picture at a peak bloom and the after picture was when the bloom had faded.

Even you must be able to realize that the before and after pictures are not a good comparison.

Why did she have the trees taken out?

They were beautiful.

The old garden was much better. Full of color. The new one is drab and without feeling.

And trees.
Once again I see you people lack any type of reasoning capacity.

The before picture was taken at the height of a spring bloom. If that before picture was taken a couple weeks later all you would have seen was bare tulip stalks and drab little trees

The after was taken when the perennial flowering plants were past their full bloom. If that was taken a couple weeks earlier you would have seen more flowers

Do any of you people know anything about gardening?

I never heard of anyone crying over the loss of crabapples before. I always thought they were just a pain in the ass tree.
Pretty much maintenance free and crab apples make good pig feed.

Anything for outrage. This is so contrived that it's thankful that it comes this close to the election.

Yeah, I can see JFK sitting in a rocker in his rose garden in deep contemplation over which bimbos to invite for a nude swim when Jackie’s out of town next week.

"JFK wrote Profiles In Courage and the eight people he held up as people with courage were racists and some were slave owners. Three of Kennedy’s eight Senate heroes were slaveholders. None won inclusion in the pantheon for having taken what we’d now think of as a lonely liberal stand. Taft’s courageous act was opposing the Nuremberg trials for the members of the Nazi high command, because they had not broken any German law; he preferred that they be put in a Napoleon-like exile in some remote place. “These conclusions are shared, I believe, by a substantial number of American citizens today,” Kennedy asserted. Daniel Webster’s was breaking with anti-slavery opinion in his home state of Massachusetts to support the Compromise of 1850, which included the Fugitive Slave Act, making it a federal crime for Northerners to give shelter to escaped slaves. For Webster, Kennedy noted admiringly, “the preservation of the Union was far dearer to his heart than his opposition to slavery.” John C. Calhoun, the most influential pro-slavery politician of the nineteenth century, didn’t get a full-dress profile, but Kennedy included him in a chapter devoted to senators who almost made the cut, and mentioned him throughout the book, always with the greatest respect, as, for example, “that revered sage of the South.” Not long after “Profiles in Courage” was published, Kennedy chaired a committee charged with choosing five outstanding senators in American history. Calhoun, Taft, and Webster were all on the list. One can guess from this sentence where the Kennedy of that moment would have stood on the question of the South’s continuing to honor the Confederate flag: “Surely in the United States of America, where brother once fought against brother, we did not judge a man’s bravery under fire by examining the banner under which he fought.”

Then there is this article that explains a lot about the racist Kennedy's and JFK and Jackie's drug issues. Was JFK's place of contemplation for contemplation or a place for him to get high. Time for cancel culture to ditch the Kennedys. The Cancel Culture need to be asking that JFK's name be taken down from all places, libraries, airport and on and on.

Then there is this: Jackie Robinson and JFK on civil rights: Two men divided by a common country

I'm not sure why this racist and his name hasn't been stricken from history and you are worried about a garden?

Rise of ISIS, half a million dead in Syria plus millions of refugees flooding Western Europe and other countries because of Hussein Obama and Bidumb's ineptitude, while the virus is a global event that every single country has suffered from.

Tell me how this is important. At all.
MRS ORANGE MAN BAD

That's it. That's really all this is.

Forum List

Back