Why did Prigozhin stop his coup?

frigidweirdo

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2014
I was ready to go get some popcorn, but the coup suddenly just stopped. Why?
Here's a possibility.
Putin threatened the families of the high ranking Wagner officials.

"Russian agents’ threat to family made Prigozhin call off Moscow advance"

"Russian intelligence services threatened to harm the families of Wagner leaders before Yevgeny Prigozhin called off his advance on Moscow, according to UK security sources."

Typical kind of dictator thing to do. If you want a coup, get your people out first.

Here's a possibility.

"Russian intelligence services threatened to harm the families of Wagner leaders before Yevgeny Prigozhin called off his advance on Moscow, according to UK security sources."

Typical kind of dictator thing to do. If you want a coup, get your people out first.
I know this. FSB raided his place in St. Petersburg and he had $48M U.S stashed away and multiple passports. He is as corrupt and any. I suppose they made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

I know this. FSB raided his place in St. Petersburg and he had $48M U.S stashed away and multiple passports. He is as corrupt and any. I suppose they made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

I'd suppose they just wanted him out of the way, get rid of him to Belarus and then kill him there. With the war in the Ukraine, any fighting would have caused HUGE problems.

Here's a possibility.

I was never sure it was actually meant to be a coup. From what I could understand, US Intel, and the civilian analysts on mainstream media did not know, either. My understanding, is Putin called President Lukashenko asking him to intervene and negotiate a truce, and now Prizgoshin after talks with the Belarus leader, has moved his camp to Belarus. I always thought Prizgoshin was a Russia patriot, at heart. But, he commands a Mercenary Army, one more effective than Putin's much larger military forces. I thought this was punishment for strikes by the Russian military on Prizgoshin's people. If you are a mercenary commander, you do not allow people, (even people you support) to purposely kill your people, without answering, some way, in kind. It would be a bad precedent as a leader, having been the only competent Russian fighting force on the battlefield, and bad for business around the world. I am surprised he didn't kill a general or two before retiring from the confrontation, but maybe 39 Russian Air force pilots and whatever other resistance met, was enough.

I was never sure it was actually meant to be a coup. From what I could understand, US Intel, and the civilian analysts on mainstream media did not know, either. My understanding, is Putin called President Lukashenko asking him to intervene and negotiate a truce, and now Prizgoshin after talks with the Belarus leader, has moved his camp to Belarus. I always thought Prizgoshin was a Russia patriot, at heart. But, he commands a Mercenary Army, one more effective than Putin's much larger military forces. I thought this was punishment for strikes by the Russian military on Prizgoshin's people. If you are a mercenary commander, you do not allow people, (even people you support) to purposely kill your people, without answering, some way, in kind. It would be a bad precedent as a leader, having been the only competent Russian fighting force on the battlefield, and bad for business around the world. I am surprised he didn't kill a general or two before retiring from the confrontation, but maybe 39 Russian Air force pilots and whatever other resistance met, was enough.

Prigozhin clearly didn't want to blame Putin.

The answer for that is pretty clear. Putin sets his high ups against each other, and it got out of hand. Most likely because Wagner look at the regular army and see incompetence of the highest magnitude. (Which without Wagner benefits the Ukraine immensely).

So, Prigozhin clearly wanted to move himself into a more powerful position by getting Putin to back him. Putin didn't back him, so it fell apart.

Or maybe he was covering his own back by not criticizing Putin, making it out as rivalry between Putin's top men, so it wouldn't be treason, but Putin didn't see it that way.

But I agree, that Putin not stopping the inter-force attacks, was always going to end up with this kind of disaster.

Because reality most likely came to him while he might have had the manpower and equipment to take some towns and terrority it's highly unlikely he had the logistics and supply lines to keep his soliders supplied with fuel, ammo, weapons, parts, food and medical supplies and everything else you need to fight a sustained battle.

get rid of him to Belarus and then kill him there.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Given so many other reported sudden deaths in Russia's heirarchy, well, I'm buying into the idea
that Prigozhin is now....'dead-man-walking'.

How long before he too....falls out of a window?

Prigozhin clearly didn't want to blame Putin.

The answer for that is pretty clear. Putin sets his high ups against each other, and it got out of hand. Most likely because Wagner look at the regular army and see incompetence of the highest magnitude. (Which without Wagner benefits the Ukraine immensely).

So, Prigozhin clearly wanted to move himself into a more powerful position by getting Putin to back him. Putin didn't back him, so it fell apart.

Or maybe he was covering his own back by not criticizing Putin, making it out as rivalry between Putin's top men, so it wouldn't be treason, but Putin didn't see it that way.

But I agree, that Putin not stopping the inter-force attacks, was always going to end up with this kind of disaster.
Most like Piss and the missile attack on his camp, and the Russians mining his route of egress from Bakhmut did not help him be a more understanding Mercenary Army leader either. He may have been Putin's caterer, but I don't think Vlad got to know the man. Sometimes you just shouldn't F#ck with people strange to you. At least that is what I learned growing up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Given so many other reported sudden deaths in Russia's heirarchy, well, I'm buying into the idea
that Prigozhin is now....'dead-man-walking'.

How long before he too....falls out of a window?

The bets are on.... 6 months would be my bet. Too soon and it's "too obvious"... for Putin.

Most like Piss and the missile attack on his camp, and the Russians mining his route of egress from Bakhmut did not help him be a more understanding Mercenary Army leader either. He may have been Putin's caterer, but I don't think Vlad got to know the man. Sometimes you just shouldn't F#ck with people strange to you. At least that is what I learned growing up.

Putin created this situation, absolutely ridiculous how he made such a mess of it all.

I'm starting to believe that the Minister of Defense sent not-so-friendly fire to the Wagners camped in Ukraine. Prigozhin got pissed and marched on Russia to send a message to Putin about his 'Minister of Defense.'

Here's a possibility.

Prigozhin may have also been counting on a popular uprising that didn’t materialize.

The Kremlin is reporting that Pooty is in "Special Mode".

A person could have a lot of fun with that.

Who is telling you this hoax? You are the second person today propagating that bullshit.
That is telling. You assume someone is feeing me my opinion. Unlike you libs, I don't need anybody to tell me anything. If you would pull your head out of your ass (tough task number one), and look at things logically (tough task number two), you might be able to connect the dots.

That is telling. You assume someone is feeing me my opinion. Unlike you libs, I don't need anybody to tell me anything. If you would pull your head out of your ass (tough task number one), and look at things logically (tough task number two), you might be able to connect the dots.
Two tards parroting the same ridiculous hoax on the same day is not a coincidence.

I picture you rubes laying on a cot with a big red firebell on the wall to alert you of hoaxes you need to propagate.

Two tards parroting the same ridiculous hoax on the same day is not a coincidence.

I picture you rubes laying on a cot with a big red firebell on the wall to alert you of hoaxes you need to propagate.
You can't imagine anyone having an independent opinion, can you? LOL.

I know Biden has been silent on this situation, so you don't know how to react.

Forum List

Back