Why did Reagan Administration grant tax-free religious status to Scientology?

i would think a "religion" has to have a God or Gods to worship....who do these guys worship.....L.Ron Hubbard?....hey just askin....

So Buddhism isn't a religion, and shouldn't have tax-exempt status?

to me no.....it seems more like a philosophy.....my opinion is a "religion" has to have something you worship,like a god or gods.....not just following some guys way of life.....if you dont pray to someone,to me,its no religion......no tax-exempt status....
Good point. Do Scientologists worship L. Ron Hubbard? I know that they cite him constantly and have abbreviations for it.

Do Moonies get tax-exempt status, also?

You have yet to prove that you bigoted ass.

You have yet to prove I'm a bigot. I've presented cites. Read any of them? If you haven't, I'd have to say you're posting from ignorance.

Your posts prove your a bigoted ass.

Just reporting what ex-Scientologists say. They invariably report that it's a brainwashing cult, stripping members of their assets, liberty and families in an effort to accumulate untaxable wealth for the organizational elite.

You have yet to prove I'm a bigot. I've presented cites. Read any of them? If you haven't, I'd have to say you're posting from ignorance.

Just reporting what ex-Scientologists say. They invariably report that it's a brainwashing cult, stripping members of their assets, liberty and families in an effort to accumulate untaxable wealth for the organizational elite.

Who are these people??????

I've given a number of cites throughout this thread. I accused you of not reading them. Apparently you didn't read the posts either! :cool:

I've given a number of cites throughout this thread. I accused you of not reading them. Apparently you didn't read the posts either! :cool:

You have yet to prove a damn thing you dishonest bigot. So put up or be shown for the creep we all know you to be.

It was reported at the time that the meeting between administration officials and Scientology officials lasted as little as 10 minutes.

Why would Reagan grant tax-free status to a bunch of kooks?

No, but he fired all the air traffic controllers who went on strike. 1981! Union busting at it's best. :D

Good gawd. Do you really think that's all there was to that?

"union busting"?

You have yet to prove a damn thing you dishonest bigot. So put up or be shown for the creep we all know you to be.

You don't seem to be handling a simple discussion very well. Most of what I've said is common knowledge. I think you've blown your case. Calling people names without even doing any research, indicates a lack of ethics to me.

You don't seem to be handling a simple discussion very well. Most of what I've said is common knowledge. I think you've blown your case. Calling people names without even doing any research, indicates a lack of ethics to me.

Quite dodging and prove it .

Not jumping through your hoops. I've provided plenty of cites to what ex-Scientologists have said. They know better than me. Read what they have to say. They can't all be lying. If there's a dodge going on, it's your attempt to suppress any mention of CoS. Why would that be? :eusa_think:

Not jumping through your hoops. I've provided plenty of cites to what ex-Scientologists have said. They know better than me. Read what they have to say. They can't all be lying. If there's a dodge going on, it's your attempt to suppress any mention of CoS. Why would that be? :eusa_think:
Just what I thought you are pathetic.

Just what I thought you are pathetic.

Your posts are no more than an overt attempt to create static on the board. You need to confront your prejudices and achieve a tone where you're not constantly trying to suppress others. Review your own thinking process. It's definitely downscale.

So Buddhism isn't a religion, and shouldn't have tax-exempt status?

to me no.....it seems more like a philosophy.....my opinion is a "religion" has to have something you worship,like a god or gods.....not just following some guys way of life.....if you dont pray to someone,to me,its no religion......no tax-exempt status....
Good point. Do Scientologists worship L. Ron Hubbard? I know that they cite him constantly and have abbreviations for it.

Do Moonies get tax-exempt status, also?

maybe they follow Landru....they sometimes act like it....:eusa_eh:

It was reported at the time that the meeting between administration officials and Scientology officials lasted as little as 10 minutes.

No, but he fired all the air traffic controllers who went on strike. 1981! Union busting at it's best. :D

it may have seemed that way Willow.....but those guys signed a paper just like i did.....if you strike,you just may lose your job....well they struck and they lost their jobs.......they knew the probable consequences.....

it may have seemed that way Willow.....but those guys signed a paper just like i did.....if you strike,you just may lose your job....well they struck and they lost their jobs.......they knew the probable consequences.....

Well, at least it wasn't a billion year contract! :cool:

Understanding Scientology / Chapter 9: The Sea Org -- "For the Next Billion Years..."

Forum List

Back