Why did the BUSH SEC hold back the broker rules?

If you can go get a case of a bank broker being investigated for breaching their license you may have something.

Go find one

The right gamed a duly passed law to get the banks what they wanted.

the country got screwed because if it

Clinton , Rubin and MANY Dems that voted for it, wanted it as well. But let me guess. That shit does not count? LOL you are a fuckin joke. And Dubya dont even know his goddamn position on this. You both are fuckin idiots

Clinton , Rubin and MANY Dems that voted for it, wanted it as well. But let me guess. That shit does not count? LOL you are a fuckin joke. And Dubya dont even know his goddamn position on this. You both are fuckin idiots

the WHOLE bill is what they voted on.

Then the Bush SEC only implemented the parts the banks liked and held back the RULES that they didnt like for 8 years

Basically the left hates the parts where the right had their hand in it. Initiations dont fuckin matter, huh? LOL

I don't think you understand that it wasn't just one change to the law that allowed the financial crisis to happen. Alone, GLBA wouldn't have caused all these problems.

fact after fact after fact I have given you to prove my claims.

the facts support what Ive said.

You people have given next to nothing in the fact department

SEC Votes for Final Rules Defining How Banks Can Be Securities Brokers
Eight Years After Passage of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, Key Provisions Will Now Be Implemented
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
2007-190
Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2007 - Ending eight years of stalled negotiations and impasse, the Commission today voted to adopt, jointly with the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (Board), new rules that will finally implement the bank broker provisions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999. The Board will consider these final rules at its Sept. 24, 2007 meeting. The Commission and the Board consulted with and sought the concurrence of the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, and Office of Thrift Supervision.

As adopted, Regulation R provides banks with a transitional exemption until the first day of their first fiscal year commencing after Sept. 30, 2008. This will give banks time to make any necessary changes in their systems and compliance programs and should ensure that banks have time to come into compliance with the Exchange Act provisions relating to the broker definition. This exemptive rule will become effective on the date that the Commission's current order expires, Sept. 28, 2007.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsDmPEeurfA]President Bush Addresses Nation on Economic Crisis - YouTube[/ame]

6 days before the new rules Bush announces the economy is about to crash

the WHOLE bill is what they voted on.

Then the Bush SEC only implemented the parts the banks liked and held back the RULES that they didnt like for 8 years

It was a bullshit bill. Deregulation never should have happened. Ask Dubya LOL
I agree, holding the rules was bad. Greed fucked us over. I know the democrat Rubin made good off of it. Look at the MILLIONS he got after the signing and it continued after the fact. Up untill 2005 maybe? Might be wrong on the year. It is in the links I posted a page or so back

Forum List

Back