Why did the corporate tax cuts fail?

Two years after his administration passed a massive tax cut for corporations meant to spur economic growth, the verdict is in, and the results are embarrassing.
Unemployment is down and real wages are up.

How embarrassing!
LOL...
Trump's real wage growth is lower than the last two presidents.

Higher than Obama's.
What are the numbers? It was increasing under Obama.

Trump promised it would help the economy, it hasn't. He also promised it wouldn't add to deficits, but they have increased drastically.

Trump promised it would help the economy, it hasn't.

You think it hurt the economy? How?
I’m saying it didn’t help. You don’t read so well?

I’m saying it didn’t help.

How do you know it didn't help?
I’ve answered that several times, stop wasting time.

Yes, you've posted your feelings, repeatedly.
Facts actually. Revenue flattened and gdp growth slowed.

Stupid Moon Bats, who don't know anymore about Economics as they do History, Climate Science, Biology, Ethics, Ethics or the Constitution, are too ignorant to know that corporations don't really pay taxes. All they do is pass along the tax revenue from the consumers of the corporate good and services to the government.

When the filthy Liberals raise corporate taxes they are taxing the Americans that buy the goods and services made by the corporations.

What's it called when consumers pay that tax cost but the corporation passes nothing on to the govt?

Corporate welfare.

Two years after his administration passed a massive tax cut for corporations meant to spur economic growth, the verdict is in, and the results are embarrassing.

How embarrassing!
LOL...

Higher than Obama's.

I posted the chart. At least twice. Forget already?

How embarrassing!
LOL...

Higher than Obama's.

Chart isn’t clear. I see wage growth for Obama and trump,. Looks like it just followed the trend started under Obama.

Asshole ignorant Libtards are too stupid to know that the corporations are the entities that drive economic prosperity that generates the wealth that funds their filthy ass welfare state.
70% of the GDP is related to consumer spending.
Consumers drive economic prosperity. There's no profit without customers. There's no demand when the bulk of consumers have no cash. Growth will be slow with low demand regardless of capital investment.

Trump promised it would help the economy, it hasn't.

You think it hurt the economy? How?

GDP growth slowed because of the corporate rate cut?
Why do you feel that?

Why do you feel that?
Stop repeating yourself, it’s just sad. Trump promised growth and it slowed instead. That’s a failure of policy.

How embarrassing!
LOL...

Higher than Obama's.

Chart isn’t clear. I see wage growth for Obama and trump,. Looks like it just followed the trend started under Obama.

Chart isn’t clear.

upload_2020-2-5_8-37-37.png

Looks clear to me.

Clink on the link if you need more clarity.

Wage Growth Tracker - Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta

I see wage growth for Obama and trump,

Yup. And it's been higher under Trump.

Those of us living in reality can now say that the corporate tax cuts were a failure that hurt revenue and did nothing for the economy. So the question is why? I think it likely has to do with the fact so many of our corporations are near monopolies. Curious what others think.

Trump handed big business a massive tax cut, and all he got in return was embarrassment

Two years after his administration passed a massive tax cut for corporations meant to spur economic growth, the verdict is in, and the results are embarrassing. The tax cuts did not "unleash animal spirits" (as the business media is so fond of saying). And it did not usher in a period of 3% GDP growth(as Trump's administration was so fond of echoing).

The plan did not — by any stretch of the imagination — "pay for itself with growth and reduced deductions," as Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin said it would back in 2017. In fact, the US budget deficit has grown by 50% since Trump took office.
Why?

Because they just keep the money

Why do you feel that?
Stop repeating yourself, it’s just sad. Trump promised growth and it slowed instead. That’s a failure of policy.

Stop repeating yourself, it’s just sad.

I'll stop talking about your feelings if that's making you sad.

Trump promised growth and it slowed instead.

You said it slowed because of the cuts. Still no proof?

Those of us living in reality can now say that the corporate tax cuts were a failure that hurt revenue and did nothing for the economy. So the question is why? I think it likely has to do with the fact so many of our corporations are near monopolies. Curious what others think.

Trump handed big business a massive tax cut, and all he got in return was embarrassment

Two years after his administration passed a massive tax cut for corporations meant to spur economic growth, the verdict is in, and the results are embarrassing. The tax cuts did not "unleash animal spirits" (as the business media is so fond of saying). And it did not usher in a period of 3% GDP growth(as Trump's administration was so fond of echoing).

The plan did not — by any stretch of the imagination — "pay for itself with growth and reduced deductions," as Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin said it would back in 2017. In fact, the US budget deficit has grown by 50% since Trump took office.
Why?

Kept it where?

LOL...

Higher than Obama's.

Chart isn’t clear.

View attachment 304765

Looks clear to me.

Amazing graph

Even though the recession was over by 2010 and employers were seeing record profits, it still took a decade for wages to return to where they were in 2008

LOL...

Higher than Obama's.

Chart isn’t clear.

View attachment 304765

Looks clear to me.

It appears to have grown more with Obama . And clearly the trend started with Obama. No tax cut bump visible. You make this very easy, but your spin is a waste of time.

Higher than Obama's.

Chart isn’t clear.

View attachment 304765

Looks clear to me.

Amazing graph

Even though the recession was over by 2010 and employers were seeing record profits, it still took a decade for wages to return to where they were in 2008
And still way below where they should be.

Why?

Kept it where?
Stockholders, executive compensation, stock buybacks

The money did not go towards creating new jobs, expansion or pay increases

Asshole ignorant Libtards are too stupid to know that the corporations are the entities that drive economic prosperity that generates the wealth that funds their filthy ass welfare state.
70% of the GDP is related to consumer spending.
Consumers drive economic prosperity. There's no profit without customers. There's no demand when the bulk of consumers have no cash. Growth will be slow with low demand regardless of capital investment.
And democrats say that unemployment stimulates the US economy

Higher than Obama's.

Chart isn’t clear.

View attachment 304765

Looks clear to me.

Amazing graph

Wow, it's like you're seeing an entirely different graph than the one I posted.
Feel free to post the one that you're referencing.

Unemployment has been going down since 2010. Wages are sad. In 2000 wage growth was over 5%, now it's around 3%.

In 2000 wage growth was over 5%

The Internet Bubble was cool!!!
It's funny how you have no real responses and just parrot yourself constantly.

It's funny how you have no real responses

You think the wage growth in 2000 was unrelated to the Internet Bubble?
Looks like mine was an excellent, on-point response.
Not quite on point. Your bubble burst.
Bush had an average real wage growth of 4.9%
Obama's was 4.2%

Obama's was 4.2%

Link?

Prove me wrong.

Higher than Obama's.

Chart isn’t clear.

View attachment 304765

Looks clear to me.

It appears to have grown more with Obama . And clearly the trend started with Obama. No tax cut bump visible. You make this very easy, but your spin is a waste of time.

It appears to have grown more with Obama .

In which years under Obama did it grow more than under Trump?

You make this very easy, but your spin is a waste of time.

Pointing out your inability to read a graph is hardly spin. Or a waste of time.

No tax cut bump visible.

LOL!
The tax cut was passed in December 2017.
Wage growth went from 2.9% in December 2017 to 3.9% in December 2018.

Forum List

Back