🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why did the Jewish God slaughter innocent babies?

The Jewish God killed all of the first born of Egypt to punish the Pharoah for enslaving the Israelites.
Some of these were innocent babies, no more than a year old.
How can a loving God do this?

He was the God of the Jews, not the Egyptians. ...

Could be interesting to know how many mistakes are existing in only this little sentence. I'm quite sure everyone had a chance - before the own intentional ignorance killed him and/or others. God gave them lots of chances and people inspired from his world warned and warned and warned ...

so true ZAAN ---getting back to the OP---I am fascinated with
Donald's "DA JOOOOOISH GOD"

The Jewish God killed all of the first born of Egypt to punish the Pharoah for enslaving the Israelites.
Was there no better punishment? In all of his grace and wisdom, baby murder was the most appropriate punishment?
Why not just kill the Pharoah?
Why do Jews follow such a bloody and aggressive God???

Do you really think that just killing off the Pharaoh would have made Egypt release thousands of slaves?

. In the end we all must die. We must trust that God is good and knows what is best. The children of the Egyptians were likely better off eternally to die without sin than to be raised under a wicked and idolatrous people.

The Egyptians were not idolatrous people, and that excuse is one the preachers need to do away with.

The Jews or Hebrews were not slaves in Egypt.There is not proof of that at all.

Islam does not have the same god as Yahweh.

The Egyptian religious structure was full of idols (but so what?)

The Bible can only be taken as symbolic and metaphorical. It points at something that only an individual can 'get', or not. Imposing it on others misses the point (so, of course, the error is repeated from generation to generation).

Donald, very simple answer to your OP.
1) God is not a man nor form, you are anthropromorphizing an Essence and thus making the first great mistake in understanding thus have those questionsn
2) If the Hebrews describe God as that Essence to be complete and whole as you see creation to EVOLVE. THEN
understandcyour question using that orecept of God=progression to be what should and could be.
3)1st born died says the history channel through a disease that did not affect the younger children only the older first born or something about famine or contaminated grains, if they had progressed and done cleanliness standards like the Hebrews then the disease or tainted grain would not have killed them off, just as in the era of the black plague the cleanliness laws helped save the Jewish population from disease.
How they word it to bring fear to their enemies is typical survival techniques. How you read it is affected by how other groups perverted the precepts and went against simple rules not to make a figure or form for the Creator/Creation. In other words you can reject the church and Christianity but you are just as much a victim as their followers because you use their mistakes and lies in conveying how you view Judaic concepts.

Yes that is why the jews had leprosy.

Was there no better punishment? In all of his grace and wisdom, baby murder was the most appropriate punishment?
The same reasons that Christians and Muslims follow the Jewish God.

Christians do not follow the Jewish god, we wouldn't know which one to follow.They had many.

Do you really think that just killing off the Pharaoh would have made Egypt release thousands of slaves?

. In the end we all must die. We must trust that God is good and knows what is best. The children of the Egyptians were likely better off eternally to die without sin than to be raised under a wicked and idolatrous people.

The Egyptians were not idolatrous people, and that excuse is one the preachers need to do away with.

The Jews or Hebrews were not slaves in Egypt.There is not proof of that at all.

why do you refer to describing something as
idolatrous "an excuse" who uses it as an "excuse" and for what purpose is it used as an "excuse" by preachers?

One question could be, how many Egyptians did the Hebrew people kill? There was this one Levite, but he was kind of Egyptian at that time.

Having a God who will kill for us saves us from going around throwing people off buildings. Or kissing the books of those people who need to play god themselves.

One question could be, how many Egyptians did the Hebrew people kill? There was this one Levite, but he was kind of Egyptian at that time.

Having a God who will kill for us saves us from going around throwing people off buildings. Or kissing the books of those people who need to play god themselves.

HEY!!! leave my favorite levite alone-----he protects the American people and their right to bear arms. Whom do you prefer---his cousin Edward G. Robinson (korach)?. I object to the word usage. Someone said G-d "slaughtered" Egyptian babies. G-d does not "slaughter" people. People slaughter people (or pigs or cows or sheep) G-d works thru natural means-----like viruses and weather. -----no artificial additives like assault rifles or scimitars.
SUSTAINABLE death

HEY!!! leave my favorite levite alone-----he protects the American people and their right to bear arms. Whom do you prefer---his cousin Edward G. Robinson (korach)?. I object to the word usage. Someone said G-d "slaughtered" Egyptian babies. G-d does not "slaughter" people. People slaughter people (or pigs or cows or sheep) G-d works thru natural means-----like viruses and weather. -----no artificial additives like assault rifles or scimitars.
SUSTAINABLE death
Seriously? That guy? The world worst tour guide. Ever. "Hey everyone. Let's eat a sheep and go for a walk."

SUSTAINABLE death
Seriously? That guy? The world worst tour guide. Ever. "Hey everyone. Let's eat a sheep and go for a walk."

ok ok I am a relative -----and I HAVE NO SENSE OF DIRECTION EITHER. I did not grow up in New York City----or even in New York State-----but when I got there-----someone did me a BIG favor----and built
the WTC. I used them for YEARS to negotiate my way around Manhattan. ----then they were GONE!!!!! -----I was completely
disoriented. -------now that LEVITE over there-----HE live with landmarks all his life----BIG TIIME PYRAMIDS and SPHINXES-------how did you expect him to get around in a DESERT?????? -----in my home town----the water towers did it for me

SUSTAINABLE death

ok ok I am a relative -----and I HAVE NO SENSE OF DIRECTION EITHER. I did not grow up in New York City----or even in New York State-----but when I got there-----someone did me a BIG favor----and built
the WTC. I used them for YEARS to negotiate my way around Manhattan. ----then they were GONE!!!!! -----I was completely
disoriented. -------now that LEVITE over there-----HE live with landmarks all his life----BIG TIIME PYRAMIDS and SPHINXES-------how did you expect him to get around in a DESERT?????? -----in my home town----the water towers did it for me
He was a sheep herder for years. I expect he was just fine wandering around the countryside. He probably would have been much happier not bringing along the whole congregation along. But orders are orders.

Personally I have always loved being lost (when I have the luxury). No one in the world knows where you are, not even yourself.

SUSTAINABLE death

He was a sheep herder for years. I expect he was just fine wandering around the countryside. He probably would have been much happier not bringing along the whole congregation along. But orders are orders.

Personally I have always loved being lost (when I have the luxury). No one in the world knows where you are, not even yourself.

your comment about "being lost" interests me-----I did it as a child----like age 8-14--TRY TO GET LOST---by walking as far as possible and going to unfamiliar roads---and wooded areas------but---there were always landmarks---the water towers and big commercial signs..... I wanted to fall into
the rabbit hole

That's how he took care of the goyim :eek:

That's how he took care of the goyim :eek:

A lot nicer than allah

Christians do not follow the Jewish god, we wouldn't know which one to follow.They had many.
You should crack open a Bible.

Because the Egyptian babies weren't innocent was my rabbi's answer.

Tanach says the descendents of certain sins are culpable for the ancestor's transgressions. Thus in the case of Egypt, the children were as equally guilty as their parents.

One of many reasons I quit being religous and gave up on the very idea of gods. :)

Penelope does not do BOOKS----she depends on ----ON-LINE islamo Nazi propaganda ----which she parrots

Even Bible mentions other gods that the early Hebrews may have worshipped.

However, Jews worship only one God.

Because the Egyptian babies weren't innocent was my rabbi's answer.

Tanach says the descendents of certain sins are culpable for the ancestor's transgressions. Thus in the case of Egypt, the children were as equally guilty as their parents.

One of many reasons I quit being religous and gave up on the very idea of gods. :)

ok --don't be bitter. There seems to be an assumption that "first borns" meant babies----most babies are not "first borns". Remember the whole story---the Egyptians killed all NEW BORN BOYS---<<< that means babies. First borns can be 90 years
old-----besides----its LITERATURE----

SUSTAINABLE death

your comment about "being lost" interests me-----I did it as a child----like age 8-14--TRY TO GET LOST---by walking as far as possible and going to unfamiliar roads---and wooded areas------but---there were always landmarks---the water towers and big commercial signs..... I wanted to fall into
the rabbit hole
I think it was sometime over last summer, when I was getting an understanding of God, not just an awareness of his presence, that I learned what it was about getting lost that I liked so much. When I would be lost, just complete clueless where I was for hours on end, I could feel being in the hands of God more than at any other time. That is saddens me about those who are adamant about being atheist. They believe they are completely alone.

The one vacation the unit's recreation coordinator set while I was in Germany was a trip to Paris. After we got to the hotel everyone started arguing about where we were going. After a while I threw my hands up and just went with it. We went to the Eiffel tower. I was the only one willing to go to the very top. We agreed to meet at the base where we came in. They all look alike. :eusa_doh:I thought the hotel was on the north side of Paris, it was actually one the south side, not that I would have recognized it anyway. For the 24 hours we were in Paris I was lost, completely lost, for 12 of them. It was about six in the morning, day starting to break, and I noticed I had just wandered into the red light district, and what should my wondering eyes see? The bus. I sat down against the bus tire for about half an hour, the drive came out and said, "You're the one they were asking about?" I showed up on the bus to everyone's great surprise and we left for home. Imagine that. Finding a single bus in a city the size of Paris. God and I had a lot of fun that night.

Forum List

Back